When is a good time to enjoy a hot, fluffy waffle made by your own two hands? All the time! For real, you don’t have to go to a restaurant to get your waffle fix. You can make them in the convenience of your own kitchen using an electric waffle iron. It truly isn’t hard.
There are a ton of waffle makers on the market today so naturally, you might feel a little perplexed as to which one you should purchase. We’ve taken the burden off your shoulders and scoured all of Amazon for the Best Waffle Maker.
Our list of 10 includes some of the latest and greatest models in the industry. You’ll see brands like Cuisinart and Black & Decker, just to name a few.
We’ve kept varying budgets in mind and have provided an assortment of price ranges. We want everyone who wants waffles to have waffles. You’ll also see many different styles and sizes.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Waffle Maker
Believe it or not, waffle makers come in an array of sizes, shapes and designs, which can make your search confusing and length. But, we’ve discovered some important factors to consider so you can buy the perfect unit for your needs and budget.
First, consider how much realistic storage space you have in your kitchen. This will effect the waffle maker’s size, and additional features such as a built-in cord, and generally how the waffle maker is designed. For example, if it can fold away, that’s ideal for a small kitchen, but perhaps you’re happy to have a large waffle maker on display for easy access.
Some waffle makers take a long time to clean as you have to dismantle them and remove plates to remove any residue and crumbs. You may also wish to consider if the waffle maker comes with removable dishwasher-safe parts for easier maintenance. Alternatively, if you don’t intend on using the waffle maker all of the time, a high-maintenance unit won’t be too much for you.
Many designs come with a sound notification that notify you of the waffle’s process. This is a great way to prevent you having to keep your eye on the food constantly and it means you can go into another room and get on with other tasks until the waffles are ready.
Also, you may have the option of a visible alert, such as an indicator light, that changes color once the waffle maker is preheated or the waffles are ready to be removed and eaten. These are great features if you are constantly on the go and like to make plenty of food in large batches.
Even Heat Distribution
The best way to achieve delectable waffles is with a waffle maker that evenly distributes heat. There shouldn’t be any cold areas on the plates but the entire surface should be an equal temperature.
Check online customer reviews to discover what customers have to say about the heat distribution and how reliable the temperature gauge is. Many designs also come with multiple heat settings so you can customize the perfect temperature for you.
Ideally, you won’t be waiting a long time for your waffles to cook. The best waffle makes prepare your food in around three minutes, and anything that takes longer is less than average.
Not only is it great to have a unit that prepares your food quickly, but a speedy process provides the best results. It should also pre-heat quickly for times when you’re in a rush and looking for a tasty snack.
Shape and Size
Finally, consider how many waffles you intend to make at one time. If you have a large household, you’ll require a waffle maker with more sections to complete the cooking in one session. On average, a waffle maker can make one to four waffles at one time, though some can prepare more.
You may also want to bear in mind the size of the waffles and shapes. Alternatively, some units make one large waffle so you can cut it into shapes to share among the family.
The Top 10 Best Waffle Makers To Buy
Honestly, we’ve found a waffle maker for just about everyone. Are you ready to find the waffle maker of your dreams? Perfect! Let’s hop to it and get to the top 10 list, shall we?
Table of Contents
- Factors To Consider When Buying a Waffle Maker
- The Top 10 Best Waffle Makers To Buy
- 10. Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker
- 9. Cuisinart Waffle/Pancake Plates
- 8. Dash Mini Maker
- 7. CUSIBOX Waffle Maker
- 6. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Maker
- 5. CucinaPro Bubble Waffle Maker
- 4. Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker
- 3. KRUPS Waffle Maker
- 2. Hamilton Beach Flip Waffle Maker
- 1. Presto 03510 Ceramic Belgian Waffle
- We Chose the Presto 03510 Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker As Our Top Choice…
10. Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker
This Cuisinart waffle maker is an Amazon Best Seller. It has received 4.9 stars from over 180 customer reviews.
You’ll love this simple little waffle maker because it is made with frustration-free nonstick coated plates. No more wrestling with your waffles trying to unstick them from the pan.
The waffle maker comes with 6 brown settings that let you control how “done” you want your waffles to be.
- Comes equipped with a ready to bake/ready to eat indicator light
- Audible alert
- Brushed stainless steel cover
- Comes with a yummy recipe book
- Plates are not removable
- Is not dishwasher safe
9. Cuisinart Waffle/Pancake Plates
Ok, so we are really digging on the Cuisinart brand of waffle makers! This particular model is extra special because it not only produces you hot and toasty waffles but it also makes pancakes, too.
The item comes with a set of 4-slot pancake plates and 4 Belgian waffle plates. The 8 nonstick-coated plates are all dishwasher safe.
You get to experience the convenience of 6-temperature control settings so your waffles and pancakes are always cooked to perfection.
- Equipped with ready to bake/ready to eat indicator lights as well as an audible alert
- Beautiful brushed stainless steel top cover
- Upright storage
- Comes with special tongs and a delicious recipe book
- Some reports of the waffle maker having a defective heating unit
8. Dash Mini Maker
Are you a single person? Perhaps you are a college kid. Maybe, you’re none of the above but are the only person in your house who likes homemade waffles. Well, this mini waffle maker is the ideal setup for you, then.
Choose from 8 attractive colors to personalize your waffle maker. And get this, this machine is so much more than just a waffle maker, it can be used for paninis, hashbrowns, and even biscuits pizzas!
You’ll love how compact and lightweight this mini waffle maker is as it only weighs about 1-pound. It’s the perfect size for apartments, dorm rooms, and the camper.
- Very easy to use and heats up super quickly
- Makes a wonderful gift
- Backed by a 1-year manufacturers warranty
- Contains Teflon, a nonstick substance that some users find questionable
- Produces very small waffles
7. CUSIBOX Waffle Maker
This is a multi-functional waffle maker as it can make all sorts of delicious treats like sandwiches, grilled steak, and so much more! It can be yours for the affordable price of $35.99. We say “affordable” because you are getting so much more than just a waffle iron.
Each of the die-cast plates are removable and come with a nonstick coating. The high temperature resistant and environmentally sound plastic and stainless steel cover are very easy to clean.
- When the temperature reaches 400 degrees, the waffle make automatically turns off
- Power and ready indicator lights let you know when the maker is hot enough
- FDA approved the design and comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- Some users claim the waffle maker has a lot of hype but not many results, however, these reviews are few and far between
6. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Maker
Black & Decker is a renowned company for kitchenware devices amongst many other things. We truly love this waffle maker because it acts as a 3-in-1 appliance.
It is excellent for making waffles, sandwiches, and even frying up some bacon and eggs. It comes with reversible cooking plates and different cook settings.
The reversible cooking plates are nonstick and removable. They are very easy to clean but tough enough to cook up any meal you wish to make.
Check out what the company has to say about this product, “180 Degree Hinge – The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface for more cooking options”.
- Equipped with adjustable temperature controls
- The surface has room for four servings
- Acts as a waffle maker, grill, and griddle
- Can bake 4 waffles at once
- Some complaints that over a years time, the nonstick coating comes off
- One user complained of a “weak core construction”
5. CucinaPro Bubble Waffle Maker
This waffle maker’s design is a bit different than the traditional models. You get waffles that look bubbled, instead of a grid. It’s pretty neat and kids love it!
In just under 5 minutes, you’ll have fluffy waffles ready to be eaten. This waffle maker comes equipped with an easy-lock door that cannot be open while the waffles are baking.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “The CucinaPro Electric Bubble Waffle Maker lets you create Hong Kong style bubble waffles in minutes. Just pour in your batter, cook and flip for perfect results every time. Now you can bring the delicious taste of this traditional Hong Kong style food to your own kitchen and add your own creative twist on breakfast time”.
- Designed with nonstick-coated cooking plates
- Very easy to clean
- Made with high-quality standards
- A little on the pricey side at just under $35
- Some users claim the nonstick coating begins to flake off quite quickly after first use
4. Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker
Here is another winner by Cuisinart. This affordable classic round waffle maker is the real deal.
It comes with dual indicator lights to let you know when your waffles are ready to cook and ready to eat. How convenient! It also comes equipped with 5-settings of brown, allowing you to control how done you want your waffles to be.
Here is a word from the company, “Get ready for more of a good thing with the Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker. Bake delicious waffles fast with this gleaming stainless steel appliance. Nonstick plates, indicator lights, and a regulating thermostat make operation easy while the five-setting browning control means your waffle will always be baked to perfection. Top chocolate waffles with ice cream for an update on the ice cream sandwich, or try cheddar cheese and chive waffles as an out-of-the-ordinary complement to soup or chili. It’s time to break away from breakfast”!
- Designed with a round, nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stand son end for compact storage
- 3-year warranty
- Some complaints of the indicator light not being accurate
- Some buyers claim the waffle maker is of low-quality
3. KRUPS Waffle Maker
We like this waffle maker because of it’s look and style. It’s different than other waffle makers and is designed, uniquely.
you’ll get a 4-slice waffle maker with 5 adjustable browning levels. Have light or dark waffles, it’s your choice!
The red and green indicator lights clearly state whether the machine is on or off. There’s never any confusion. Plus, the waffle maker is equipped with an audible beep.
This amazing KRUPS waffle maker bakes waffles with extra-deep pockets so you can fill them up with yummy butter and syrup.
- Waffles come out fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside
- Removable die-cast plates with nonstick coating for easy removal of waffles and effortless cleaning
- Designed with an attractive stainless-steel housing
- A bit expensive at just under $40
- Plates are not PTFE and PFOA free
2. Hamilton Beach Flip Waffle Maker
Hamilton Beach is a leader in the kitchen gadget business, and this amazing Belgian waffle maker is no exception.
The item comes with removable plates that are easy to clean. Just toss them into the dishwasher!
You are able to flip your waffles using the special design of the maker and get fluffy, thick results. The adjustable browning control makes waffles crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Yum!
- Power on and ready to cook indicator lights tell you when your waffle maker is ready to use
- Cool-touch handle for safety and easy storage
- Grids and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe
- Quite pricey at just under $50
- Some complaints of the nonstick coating peeling off after about a year or so of use
1. Presto 03510 Ceramic Belgian Waffle
We love this Presto ceramic waffle maker! It is equipped with a professional-style rotating design that provides an extra-thick grid and can bake 7-inch diameter Belgian style waffles. The maker comes with 4 easy-to-cut sections.
The dual function base assures convenient rotation for baking and locks into a vertical position so you can easily store it in compact spaces.
Each waffle you make is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. You’ll be impressed by the convenient countdown timer and a digital display which signals that baking time is up.
- Made with brushed stainless steel on the exterior
- Very easy to clean. Ceramic interior wipes down with a moist cloth or paper towel
- One year limited warranty
- Batteries are required for the timer to work
- Takes up a lot of space on the kitchen counter
We Chose the Presto 03510 Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker As Our Top Choice…
We are thoroughly impressed by all of the waffle makers on our list, but there was just something special about the Presto 03510 Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker that we had to make it our #1 choice.
for starters, the waffle maker received over 5200 reviews on Amazon with a 4.9-star rating. There are a lot of happy customers using this product. Secondly, we loved how the plates could be wiped down with just a damp cloth and be clean. Super easy and convenient!
If you want hot, fluffy, thick waffles, we suggest giving the Presto a try.
Which waffle maker will you be ordering, today? If you decide to go with any of the waffle makers on our top 10 list, click on the yellow Amazon button of your choice and you’ll be taken directly to the ordering page.
Happy waffle baking!