The time for sweaters and fuzzy slippers is right around the corner. With the cold weather comes the need to make your home as warm and cozy as possible. While turning up the primary heat source in a home is always an option, it is made to heat large areas and can get expensive.
This article will review the top 10 best space heaters in 2019, and take a look into some of the most highly rated products on the market. After reading the details of what each heater has to offer, you will be able to make a smart decision as to which one is right for you.[adinserter block=”4″]
Table of Contents
- What is a Space Heater?
- The Common Benefits of Space Heaters
- Important Features to Look For in a Space Heater
- The 10 Best Space Heaters For Your Home
- 10. LifeSmart 6 Element Quartz w/Wood Cabinet and Remote Large Room Infrared Heater
- 9. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater
- 8. Holmes Digital Bathroom Heater Fan
- 7. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- 6. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 5. Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote
- 4. Lasko 5307 Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater, 16-Inch
- 3. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
- 2. Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
- 1. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater
- My Favorite Space Heater That I Bought
What is a Space Heater?
Before we share the 10 best space heaters to purchase right now, let’s discuss what these units are and how they provide heat in your home. These units utilize a simple heating process. They’re equipped with electric wires that get warm once they’re connected to electricity and can then radiate heat into the room. They heat up a room up increasing the temperature of the air rather than the objects in the room.
The Common Benefits of Space Heaters
Space heaters are an easy and efficient way to raise the temperature in a room and make the winter much more enjoyable. Space heaters have the potential to focus on one specific area, rather than an entire house.
Common areas where people get together during the day or night are an excellent example of places that could benefit from the use of a smaller heat source. This will not only help keep the room warm, but also cut down on heating costs and energy consumption.
Another huge benefit of space heaters is that they’re convenient and can be easily transferred around your home. Therefore, if one household is in one room, you only need that particular room to provide heat, otherwise you’re increasing your energy bill for no reason.
Important Features to Look For in a Space Heater
If you like the sound of space heaters, there are some features you’ll want to look out for during your search. To avoid any confusion, we’ve categorized these features to help you make the right purchase for your needs and preferences.
Some space heaters exhibit a lot of noise during operation, which can become a major nuisance if you use your unit in the bedroom or when you’re watching TV. A whispier quiet unit features internal fans that circulate the air throughout the room, although these models tend to be more expensive so you’ll need to increase your budget.
If you like to move around your home from room to room, it’s essential that you can take your space heater with you with minimal effort. Look out for units that have easy-grip handles and/or wheels for easy mobility. Bear in mind the weight and size of the unit so you don’t have to move your living space around to accommodate for it.
This is possibly the most important section, since safety should be your first concern, especially if you have children or pets running aorund your home. In the even that your space heater gets knocked over, an tip-over protection switch automatically switches the unit off so it doesn’t continue producing heat.
You should also consider a space heater that is cool to touch, to prevent the risk of injuries should you or a child accidentally touch the unit. This is also a great feature if you intend on storing the heater in a room with flammable objects to eliminate the chance of a fire.
Another great safety feature is an overheat protection switch. This clue is really in the name, but this feature detects when the heater has reached the desired temperature you set it to and it then automatically switches off. Otherwise, the unit would continue generating heat and become a fire hazard.
The last thing you want is a hefty space heater that costs a considerable amount to run, leaving you with an expensive energy bill. Although energy-efficient units might be more expensive to purchase initially, you’ll save money with the running costs. This section requires looking into the type of gas used to power the heater.
A heater that is too big for your room will consume a large amount of energy and increase your energy bills. A large unit will also take up more space in your home, which can lead to untidyness and potentially become a safety hazard if you have young children and pets in the home. On the other hand, don’t purchase a small heater for a large room as this won’t make a difference to the room’s temperature.
The 10 Best Space Heaters For Your Home
As earlier discussed, a space heater has so many benefits for your home, but how do you know which units you can trust? We’ve provided an extensive list of the 10 best space heaters on the market right now.
10. LifeSmart 6 Element Quartz w/Wood Cabinet and Remote Large Room Infrared Heater
LifeSmart 6 Element Quartz w/Wood Cabinet and Remote Large Room Infrared Heater
This cozy space heater comes in an inviting brown wooden color and can heat up to 1400 cubic feet with 5100 BTU’s to make cold weather far more manageable.
Thanks to this space heater’s built in infrared technology, it is excellent for those who prefer a quiet device and it produces completely natural heat too. This device features a remote control for added convenience and buttons on the front for complete control while up close.
- Remote control contributes welcome convenience
- Filter is guaranteed to last a lifetime and can be washed for clean air distribution
- The finish is not real wood
- Overheating could be a concern in some cases
9. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater
This space heater has an incredibly unique appearance, making it a talking point as much as a heater. It comes in with light coloring in a crackle finish. The cylindrical unit sits in a decorative stand allowing to to oscillate and circulate the air.
The quiet settings will make sure there is never any excess noise to disrupt conversation. The Ceramic Oscillating Heater by Lasko would be a lovely and reliable addition to any home.
- Automatic shut down prevents overheating
- Oscillates for full room coverage
- Comes fully assembled
- Buttons on remote are difficult to read
- Will not turn off if tipped over
- Best when used in small rooms
8. Holmes Digital Bathroom Heater Fan
If cold tiles in your freezing bathroom are becoming a problem, the Digital Bathroom Heater Fan may be the way to go. This heating device by Holmes is designed to warm up a bathroom to keep you and your family warm and toasty.
This heater can sit on a counter, or be mounted on a wall to make sure it is never in the way. There is a timer that can be set to make sure the room is already warm first thing in the morning. This device is perfect if you are someone looking for a little extra comfort in every room of your house.
- Internal clock able to switch the heater on according to your preferences
- Made to be safe to use in any bathroom
- Compact and effective
- Slightly noisy compared to other heaters
- Small design may not be useful for larger rooms
- No automatic shutoff when using auto start timer
7. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
This particular heater is both small and powerful. It has the ability to heat up a large room while saving energy. Many people whose homes run on gas or oil heat have to pay close attention to how high they set the temperature to keep costs low.
This heater can help turn up the heat without driving up the bill. There is a 12 hour automatic shut off feature to make sure the device does not keep running if you forget about it. This heater is a good choice if there are rooms in your home that get especially chilly.
- Low noise level
- Automatic tip over shut off
- Lightweight and easily movable
- Vents are not adjustable
- Remote is made from lower quality materials
6. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
No products found.
No products found.
If you consistently find yourself colder than others, a personal space heater may be just what you need. A smaller unit that is designed to warm the air around one specific area is perfect for those who always feel like they need an extra sweater.
The Ceramic Heater by Lasko is small, light and can fit on any flat surface without getting in the way. People will not have to turn up the heat in the whole house to keep one or two people warm when they have this amazingly convenient space heater.
- Overheating protection for safety
- Adjustable thermostat
- Comes with carrying handle for easy transport
- Will only heat a very small area
- No tip over shut off
- Fan can be noisy in small areas
5. Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote
With yet another entry, Lasko is a company that has been proving that they know exactly what their customers need from a space heater. The Full Circle Ceramic Heater has the ability to heat an entire room because of the circular design.
It has a digital thermostat that is easily programmable so you can always feel comfortable. The fan makes a low humming sound, but it is usually not noticeable. This heater is perfect for larger areas and even has an oscillating feature when needed.
- 360 degrees of warmth
- Temperature settings are designed for maximum comfort
- Useful remote control included
- Some assembly required
- No timer setting options
4. Lasko 5307 Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater, 16-Inch
No products found.
No products found.
The Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater by Lasko is a light, slim and attractive unit that will be able to make you forget about the cold weather. It is made to be placed on either the floor or a tabletop.
If you want to keep the heat all to yourself, it can be placed next to you so you can enjoy the nice warm air. If you want to raise the temperature in a specific room, just turn on the oscillating feature and relax, it will warm up in no time.
- Safe to use even with small children and pets
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Uses a quiet fan to propel warm air
- No automatic shut off timer
- Will not effectively heat large areas
3. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
No products found.
No products found.
This space heater uses a self regulating ceramic element for superior temperature control. Both high and low settings are able to make sure the room stays warm without getting uncomfortably hot.
There is overheat protection to make sure the device does not exceed the maximum temperature, making it safer and great for everyday use. It is a useful and efficient heater that will be a helpful addition to your home all winter.
- Includes thermostat control setting
- Automatically shuts off if tipped over
- 7 Hour timer
- Vents need to be cleaned regularly as they quickly collect dust
- No fan only option
- Protective grill may become hot to the touch
2. Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
This heater has the ability to heat an entire room while remaining compact and quiet. It weighs under four pounds and is less than a foot tall. For such a small unit, it is able to produce an immense amount of heat.
The Whole Room Vortex Heater by Vornado is a high quality, energy efficient heater that you would love to have in your house. Because of the small design it can be placed on any flat surface and can be easily stored during the summer.
- Powerful and compact
- Circulates warm air evenly throughout the room
- Set the perfect temperature with the simple control dial
- Takes time to heat the room
- Best when used in smaller areas
- Click here to buy from Amazon
1. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater
This heater comes fully assembled and is ready to use right out of the box. The Ceramic Tower Heater by Lasko will give you superior comfort even during the coldest months of the year.
The controls are on the top of the device for easy access, and the digital display makes it easy to set it to the ideal temperature.
- Push button controls with digital display
- Handle included so the heater can be easily moved
- Oscillation is able to push warm air all around the room
- Uses more electricity than other heaters
- Fan produces some noise
My Favorite Space Heater That I Bought
Keeping warm this winter should be no problem with all the options that are currently available. Space heaters are an excellent way to stay warm while still being able to keep the heating budget in check.
Depending on your specific needs, every heater on this list may provide different levels of comfort. If you simply want something that will heat without using an excessive amount of power, the Vornado Whole Room Vortex Heater is the perfect place to start.
The fan is small and practically silent and the vortex technology will evenly heat the whole room. Take a look at this heater, as well as the others, and decide for yourself. The cold weather will be here before you know it. Make sure you have everything you need to stay warm. Click here to see which one I bought.[adinserter block=”5″]