When it comes to the all-important health task of checking one’s cholesterol readings, the best advice from doctors is to purchase one of the many proven home cholesterol test kits featured online at various health product websites.
In turn, these point-of-care testing kits offer true medical diagnostic cholesterol health screening results without the need for getting the test done in a hospital or doctor office setting. While convenience and accuracy are the watchwords for reliable and affordable cholesterol test kits, there are certain things a patient or user needs to know before purchasing one of these rapid home use diagnostic detection devices that reveal either healthy or high cholesterol.
Another aspect of home cholesterol test kits is linked to avoiding all the hassle of visiting a medical lab for blood work specimens that are usually time based when it comes to results. Meanwhile, the benefit of home cholesterol test kits is to bring the test results immediately and conveniently to the patient.
While there are many types of home cholesterol kits on the market today, the best advice is to ensure the test results can be used for clinical decisions if the test warns of a high cholesterol screening result. Patients should also realize that not all tests are the same; while less expensive brands may not deliver the hemoglobin diagnostics that is promised on the package.
Overall, the goal is to learn if you are at greater risk for heart disease with this at home test for total cholesterol.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best home cholesterol kits on the market in 2019.
Table of Contents
10. Cardio Chek Starter Cholesterol Analyzer Kit
At the end of the day, this is one of the most complete home test kits on the market today. In fact, there are many professionals who say they use this kit for detecting high cholesterol when there is no access to hospital or medical clinic lab support.
While it is rated as a true early detection kit for measuring high cholesterol, it is also a bit complicated when trying to navigate the kit’s many enclosures and other contents. Still, it is rated as second to none when it comes to its high-tech cholesterol test devices and overall focus on educating customers about the dangers of high cholesterol.
- There are many obvious pros when using this high-tech test kit to determine if cholesterol readings are high.
- Its complete package approach attracts those who are very serious about getting a true and accurate reading of their blood levels; while the products enclosures are most informative.
- Still, there are several cons related to the product’s somewhat high cost and that its blood pricking devices are “very sharp” to the touch.
9. Cholestrak Total Cholesterol Home Testing Kit
This is a gold standard home testing kit to evaluate cholesterol readings in the desirable, borderline and high ranges. The testing kit includes cholesterol test devices, result charts, lancets, gauze pads and bandages.
It also offers a toll-free help line and user friendly details on how best to use this highly accurate measurement of one’s blood fat levels. The product’s three-step instructions are appreciated by customers who credit this home testing kit as the best on the market.
The test kit offers the most reliable home cholesterol measurement of any like product at its cost; while also featuring informative education data both on and inside the packaging about how to control high cholesterol.
- This is a top rated home test kit with pros linked to its attention to detail, informative health data and ease of use.
- On the con side, it is a big pricey when compared to other like cholesterol testing kits. Moreover, there is a concern with users that the kits lancets are a bit sharp to the touch.
8. Prima Home Test/Meter
This high-tech home cholesterol test meter is a bit expensive, but worth it when it comes to successfully monitoring cholesterol readings at home. The meter features a user friendly manual, a quick reference guide, a specialized carrying case, needed batteries and a warranty card.
It is rated as safe and useful for diagnostic use when determining glucose and total cholesterol in “capillary whole blood testing.” While the meter is designed for ease of use and quick results in just minutes, there are many users who praise the product for its customer support and free technical assistance that is on offer 24 hours a day. Overall, this is a true state-of-the-art device for measuring total cholesterol.
- There are many pros linked to this product because it has all the bells and whistles; while providing users with a manual, guide book, batteries and a great carrying case.
- However, the cons are all about the product’s relatively high cost when compared to other cholesterol test meters.
- The other con is the need for lots and lots of data contained in both the product reference guide and users manual.
7. EasyLife Hemoglobin Test Kit
This EasyLife total cholesterol testing kit is rated as accurate, very easy to use and really fast with results. In fact, there are many users who claim they get their reading in as little as 10 minutes after milking blood from their finger-tip to the product’s blood well.
This product has been vetted by numerous health organizations and rated as very accurate for home cholesterol testing results. The product is also shipped quickly when ordering online at leading health product web pages. EasyLife is a total cholesterol testing product that is credited with never letting a customer down with quick and accurate results.
This EasyLife product is credited with lots of pros because of its user friendly ease of use when using this blood test as an indicator for cardiovascular heart disease.
It is also a product with a full guarantee when it comes to safe and secure blood home testing.
- While it is rated as easy and “very accurate,” the cons include confusing high cholesterol conversion charts and finger-stick devices that are said to be “very sharp” and even painful.
6. Accurate Cholesterol Home Test Kit
No products found.
No products found.
This is a compete home blood total cholesterol testing package with all the informative product guidance inserts to guide the user as he or she checks for total and desirable cholesterol readings. The test kit includes a toll-free support number for questions about testing and results.
The kit includes test devices, an updated cholesterol result chart, lancets, gauze pads and bandages so that the users has everything he or she needs for easy at home testing. In addition, the product is credited with having an easy to read results indicator that is said to be very accurate.
This is the type of home kit that is designed to have its users backs with lots of extras to ease anyone’s worried mind when checking their cholesterol results at home.
- The pros of this product are all about it being “accurate” and user friendly.
- It is also priced competitively; while featuring a very information packaging both on the outside and inside.
- Still, the cons from regular cholesterol testers commenting online is the lancet to draw blood is a bit sharp and sometimes dangerous to use for those not used to pricking a finger with a needle.
- The other con noted online is the product has somewhat difficult to pen pouches that contain the testing supplies.
5. Cardio Chek Starter Cholesterol Analyzer Kit
This is a super product to measure one’s total cholesterol reading with a user friendly results description. While this product may cost a bit more than the competition, the view from fans of this product is “it is well worth it because of its easy to read desirable, borderline and high ratings.
In fact, this product has been praised by package designers for educating as well as helping those with fears about having high total cholesterol. The product is also credited by doctors for offering valuable tips on how to lower cholesterol and why high cholesterol is a clear and present danger to one’s overall health.
- The pros of this product are numerous because this is a top quality product and its package shows it.
- The other pros lie in the product’s attempt to detail the who, what, where, where, why and how of understanding total cholesterol levels; while also offering needed tips and the latest data on how best to control high cholesterol.
- On the con side, this is simple test strips to measure blood total cholesterol readings without the usual “blood well” that many users prefer.
- In addition, the con that is noted on social media is the cost for these test stripes being a bit higher than other like products.
4. EasyLife Cholesterol Test Strips
This product’s user friendly test strips are credited as a high-tech marvel when it comes to true and accurate home testing for high cholesterol. EasyLife is a trending brand online with a full money back guarantee if not fully satisfied with the overall quality of the product.
There is no need to refrigerate the product’s contents, and the testing strips are of the highest quality that even professional users rate EasyLife as one of their top choices for measuring high blood cholesterol readings.
The product also features questions and answers about the who, what, when, where and how of this test; while there is also good data contained in the kit on how to lower cholesterol. Overall, it is considered to be a top end cholesterol test kit.
- This EasyLife product has all the required bells and whistles when it comes to accurate blood total cholesterol testing.
- The packaging is user friendly with detailed early detection tips and lots of new data about why high cholesterol is a clear and present danger if left uncontrolled.
- There is a toll-free number for customers to ask questions, but the con is there is little in the way of what to do with negative or high cholesterol results?
- For example, this product misses the boat when it comes to educating users on the dangers of high cholesterol. This product is also priced a bit higher than the competition.
No products found.
No products found.
This is a complete kit for testing blood total blood fat levels, without the need of refrigeration or assistance beyond the product’s user friendly instructions. There are high-tech test strip vials that are used when drawing a blood sample from one’s finger.
The test strips are easy to use; while numerous online testimonials also point to ease of use when following simple and detailed steps for quick and accurate results. The product costs a bit more than other cholesterol home tests, and there is a toll-free help line on offer to help anyone who may be confused about how to use the product or read its results.
Overall, this is a complete cholesterol check for anyone wanting to get a handle on their risk factors for coronary heart disease.
- This product offers users a complete package in terms of an accurate and quick results cholesterol home test.
- The other pros are linked to the product’s user friendly design and data contained within its package that is fully safe to use as directed.
- While the price is competitive with other like test kits, the cons include confusing result chart details and a lancet to draw blood from one’s finger that users say is “too sharp.”
2. First Check Home Cholesterol Test
This user friendly “First Check” offers accurate, reliable and fast cholesterol test results in the privacy of one’s home. However, this product does not have all the bells and whistles of other like blood total cholesterol testing.
Still, the product does provide an accurate “early detection” feature when used as directed. For instance, those who use this product should not take upwards of 500 mg of Vitamin C or any product containing acetaminophen within 24 hours of testing.
First Check also offers a four-step instruction sheet that details how to use the test for optimal results. Overall, the product is credited with being easy to use; while results are available in just minutes.
- The product’s instructions and contents are designed to be easy to read and use; while the First Check cholesterol result chart is a nice extra to share with one’s doctor.
- The product features a toll-free help line
- While the down side is a lot of data spread throughout the box and in various enclosures that may confuse the first time cholesterol test taker.
- The other con is the step 4 read results section requires the user to “match the number on the scale to the corresponding number” to get results. An online review stated this final step is “somewhat confusing?”
1. Prima Triglycerides Test Strips
This popular and affordable blood total cholesterol testing kit is a great value for home or professional users wanting a quick read on total cholesterol. The kit includes user friendly test strips that require using a lancet to draw blood from the tip of a finger.
The kit’s “test strips” are considered accurate to a point. However, the product is not viewed as the ideal for a complete diagnostic cholesterol evaluation as outlined by the US FDA.
While there is no need to refrigerate, this product does have a limited shelf life and a “do not use” if the expiration date has passed.
- The product’s pros include user friendly directions, a professional staff that is available to answer questions at a toll-free phone number and low cost.
- While the cons are not so easy to understand results that require using an enclosed cholesterol result chart.
- In addition, this product does not include tips for lowering cholesterol that is common with other like products.
My Personal Favorite Home Cholesterol Test
At the end of the day, the view from doctors and other health care providers is today’s home cholesterol test kits are a real step forward in needed screening for high cholesterol readings. Anyone with concerns about high cholesterol should consider purchasing any one of these top 10 point-of-care tests because this important type of medical diagnostic testing literally saves lives, say doctors commenting online.
In addition, the driving notion behind regular cholesterol screening tests is to determine if the individual is in harm’s way when it comes to their lifestyle choices that impact such things as desirable, borderline-high or high results. The test is vital when it comes to determining the risk for heart disease. Click here to see the one I used.