Our feet are one of the areas where we hold the most stress and tension. Because many of our jobs require us to be active and on our feet all day, we often come home with sore soles that are in desperate need for a good rub.
Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to have someone waiting at home ready to give us a spa-like foot massage. But there are foot spas and massagers that can come pretty close.
The Benefits of Owning a Foot Massager
Are you intrigued to know the top benefits and reasons people buy a foot massager? Take a read below to discover.
We should all be doing more to improve your heart’s health, and thankfully, a foot massager is a great start. Research has proven that just a 10-minute massage every day can improve your blood circulation which can improve your heart health.
Studies have also found that daily foot massages can lower diabetes and reduce the appearance of varicose veins on your legs and thighs.
Soothes Joints and Reduces Muscle Pain
Athletes love using a foot massager because it alleviates any pains and aches in your feet after you’ve spent a lot of time being active. The circular motions and vibrations soothe any discomfort after an intense workout and are great for people who spend most of their day on their feet.
Regularly using a foot massage can soothe and prevent sport injuries and improve your feet’s strength to prevent any injuries happening in the first place. It’s also a great unit to use for general aches and to relieve any tension if you’ve had a stressful day.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing a Foot Massager
Before we share the top 10 best foot massagers on the market right now, below are some important factors you should bear in mind during your search.
Consider who will be using the foot massager the most. If it’s for a range of feet sizes, you’ll need one that fits all, but extra size means additional money so only buy a size you need.
Most premium foot massages feature different modes so you receive a professional massage from the comfort of your own home. Some come with heat therapy which is great for intense muscle aches nad pains while ones with different speed intensities are great for general use and to improve your feet’s overall health.
To discover the suitable modes for you, consider the main purpose of your foot massager. Is it to prevent sport injuries? Cure a current ache? Or just for a treat after a long day? This will help to narrow down your search and choose the best modes for you.
Do you wish to take your foot massager with you on travels or are you only looking for a stationery product? The larger the item, the more difficult it is to carry around with you, so you’ll need small dimensions if you wish to take the foot massage away with you.
If portability is important to you, consider your foot size and if the massager can hold your weight with no issues. You may find that smaller units offer less functions and modes since their price purpose is to weigh less than larger units. Therefore, you’ll need to consider use over portability.
The Top 10 Best Foot Massagers To Buy
There are a number of foot massagers on the market, coming in at different price points with different features. Whether you’re looking to make a purchase for yourself, for a friend, or for a family member, there is sure to be a foot massager that can fit your needs and expectations. Here are the top 10 best foot massagers in 2019 on the market:
Table of Contents
10. HoMedics FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot Massager
The HoMedics FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot Massager utilizes both heat and four rotating massage heads to give you a deep kneading massage, powered by an electric outlet. For deeper pressure, you can stand directly on this foot massager to really allow the rotating massage heads to press into your muscles. For a lighter massage, simply sit with your feet resting comfortably on top.
The buttons on the HoMedics FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot Massager are specially designed to be pressed by your toes, meaning you don’t need to hurt your back reaching down to adjust the speed or turn on the heat.
- Heat provides you with extra relaxation
- Four massage heads give you full foot coverage
- Adjustable pressure by standing or sitting
- May be too small for larger feet
- Heat can sometimes be too hot
9. PIBBS Foot Bath Massager FM3830A
The PIBBS Foot Bath Massager uses heated water to help you relieve tension in your feet. With three settings, including vibrate, heat, or vibrate and heat, you can choose the right spa treatment to fit that particular day’s aches. For an extra bit of tension relief, you can also add essential oils or Epsom salts to your foot bath.
The foot bath is a great option if you are looking more for a soak than a massage. As something you may expect to find in a nail salon or spa, the PIBBS Foot Bath Massager can transport you straight into a day of pampering.
- Heat and vibrate options for maximum relaxation
- Splash guard included to prevent water from getting on your floors
- Can fit larger feet sizes, up to 12/13 in men
- Does not have multiple heat settings
- Draining and cleaning can provide a hassle to some
8. Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Foot Massager means serious business. As one of the more expensive options on our list, you’re definitely going to get a great massage with the purchase of this item. With three programmable options, including pulse, soothe, and energize, in addition to a high or low setting, you can adjust this foot massager to give you the exact results you need.
This foot massager has pocket-like compartments where you place your feet, so the tops and sides of your feet will get some massage attention as well.
- Many options for a customizable massage
- Easy to store
- Has a heating option for additional relief
- May not fit large feet
7. Shiatsu Kneading Back Massager
The Shiatsu Kneading Back Massager is a multi-tasking option if you are experiencing tightness and tension in areas other than your feet. This massager is a band that you can wrap around your neck, shoulders, feet, knees, or back for both massage therapy and heat therapy.
The buttons are located along the side of the massager, so you can easily reach them to increase speed or add heat as needed. It even comes with a car adapter so you can use during road trips.
- Easy to use in many different areas of the body
- Easy to store or pack for traveling
- Uses 8 different massage rollers plus heat
- Not designed specifically for feet
- Heat is less noticeable than other products
6. SPT AB-762R Reflexology Foot Massager
The SPT AB-762R Reflexology Foot Massager has a sleek and modern design that you won’t be embarrassed to leave out. With pockets that you slip your feet into, you’ll get a complete massage with this item while staying seated.
This foot massager features kneading, vibrations, and heat so you can get a complete spa-like massage right in the comfort of your own home. There are also multiple levels of each so that you can create the exact level massage you need.
- Unique settings to fit your specific massage needs
- Use of kneading, vibration, and heat gives you a holistic massage
- Also massages the sides and top of your feet
- Heavier and larger than other devices
- May not fit larger foot sizes
5. Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager
The Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager is another foot massager that can be used on other areas of the body. As a hand-held massager, it comes with unique attachments including a 6-heat massager, a point massager, an air cushion, a scalp massager, an option for rubbing in massage oils, and even a tip for facial massages.
This massager has a dial to let you adjust the intensity. Because it is hand-held, it can charge and be used cordlessly.
- Multiple options making it an all-in-one massager
- Adjustable settings for different kinds of massages
- Can be used cords-free
- Is hand-held, so can be difficult to use on your own.
- Many loose parts which may become lost or broken
4. Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus
The Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus works a bit differently than the other options on this list. Rather than providing you with a kneading massage as you may expect, this foot massager osculates to restore circulation and reduce tension. It can be especially helpful for individuals with diabetes.
The Medi-Rub focuses on improving circulation rather than massaging out sore muscles. However, if you’re spending the entire day on your feet, better circulation is usually what you actually need.
- Immediately improves your circulation
- Has two speeds
- Can help prevent leg cramps
- Does not deliver a classic massage
- The jolt of increased circulation is uncomfortable to some
3. Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Homedics FMS-270H has 18 different massage nodes, soothing heat, and 6 massage heads to completely relax your feet and remove any tension or muscles you may have developed. Controls are created to be pressed by your toes, making it easy to turn on and off or adjust your settings.
This massager is small and can be easily stored away when not in use. It is also a great option if on a budget.
- 6 rotating massage heads to cover your entire foot
- No pockets, ideal for larger feet
- Uses heat for extra tension relief
- Massage is only for the bottom of your feet
- Minimal buttons, so adjusting can be difficult
2. Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager
The Pure-Wave is a hand-held massager that can be used on your feet, legs, neck, back, or shoulders. With multiple detachable pieces, you can get the precise massage you’re hoping to get.
The Pure-Wave is cordless and rechargeable, so you don’t need to stay next to an outlet to get rid of your knots.
- Multi-purpose massager to get all your knots
- Hand-held for direct spot use
- On the expensive side
- May be difficult to use independently
1. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
The MedMassager is an extremely powerful foot massager that uses oscillating technology to increase your circulation and blood flow. You can choose to rest your feet flat on the MedMassager or use the rounded bar at the top to stretch out your arches.
The MedMassager has 11 different speeds to help you regardless of what kind of circulation needs you may have.
- Various speed settings
- Lifetime replacement purchase available
- Relieves joint pain, swelling, and muscle tension
- Not your classic foot massager
- Can be loud at high settings
Which Foot Massager Should You Buy?
If you’re in the market for a new foot massager, any of these on the list can give you the relaxation you’re looking for. However, if you’re looking for a truly relaxing experience, the SPT AB-762R Reflexology Foot Massager can give you the best benefit. As a option that is not too expensive or to cheap, you won’t break your budget while also purchasing an item that will last.
Consider what your needs are and check out one of these ten foot massagers today!