Hanging curtains around the house is not only a creative touch to personalize your home, but is necessary to ensure your privacy. If you Google “Curtain rods for sale,” you’ll come up with almost three million hits – but which one to choose? The answer: it depends.
There’s a slew of curtain rod options out there; the best selection is dependent upon your use for them. For example, curtain rods can come in a standard variety, but there are curved and decorative options as well.
Some factors to consider when choosing a curtain rod include accurate sizing of the bar, but also a bar that complements the rings of your curtain.
You must also consider the weight of your drapery. A quality rod will successfully hold your curtain and curtain hooks in place.
With all of this in mind, I’ve compiled the top 10 best curtain rods in 2019. This list includes everything from simple curtain rods to more elegant ones. With all the different options you will have access to, I am certain that you will be able to find the best curtain rod for your home.
Table of Contents
- 10. Beme International Crown Rod Set
- 9. RoomDividersNow Curtain Rod
- 8. Achim Home Furnishings Curtain Rod
- 7. Source Global Curtain Rod Set
- 6. Bali Blinds Curtain Rod
- 5. Levolor Heavy Duty Curtain Rod
- 4. Kenney Single Curtain Rod
- 3. Decopolitan Single Window Treatment Rod
- 2. Kenney Cafe Curtain Rod
- 1. Kenney Ball Deco Curtain Rod
- Which Curtain Rod Set Should You Buy?
10. Beme International Crown Rod Set
This curtain rod set is a great choice if you’re looking to add character to your kid’s room. With a clear crown finial and an all-white rod, it is a classic piece that complements many styles of curtains or bedding. It can be adjusted anywhere from 48″-86″.
What makes this one of the best curtain rods for a children’s room is the fact that it will be able to blend in with virtually any color scheme or style you are going for. With a child’s room, you want to steer away from elegant designs and more towards playful ones. This curtain rod set certainly does just that.
Additionally, matching holdbacks are available to order as well.
- Easy installation with six screws or less.
- Sturdy rod; holds paneling with ease.
- The acrylic finials add style without breaking the bank.
- Largest consumer complaint is that this rod is actually a cream color, rather than the advertised white.
- Some consumers complain of sagging at full extension.
9. RoomDividersNow Curtain Rod
Because the RoomDividersNow curtain rod is a tension rod, it doesn’t require any hardware to install. It comes in four different adjustable sizes, spanning from 28″-150″.
The rod color comes in gold, silver, black, and white, making it easier to match the theme of the room they’re installed in.
With a 1″ diameter, this curtain rod made of hardened annealed steel is extremely durable. The rubber padding at each end minimizes the risk of installation damage and reduces slipping.
- Larger rod diameter offers higher durability against heavy curtains.
- Perfect for rental homes, as there is much less installation damage.
- Many consumers note a five minute or less install time.
- Some consumers complained of sagging at full extension.
- Some consumers have had issues collapsing rod back down while adjusting.
8. Achim Home Furnishings Curtain Rod
The Achim Home Furnishings curtain rod is an affordable option to install in your home. This style offers three sizes to choose from: 24″-48″, 48″-86″, and 66″-120″.
The rod itself is a decorative “antique” white with some brown accent, giving it a vintage look. The glass balls at each end offer you a chic look, as they’re not too big or gaudy.
This style is not a tension rod, so does require a more active install.
- Good affordability vs. quality ratio.
- “Shabby chic” finish dresses up your curtains.
- Fairly easy installation with optional third bracket to reduce sagging.
- Does not offer exact dimensions, but some consumers eyeballed the rod diameter to be about 1/2 inch. This rod probably wouldn’t handle heavy curtains well. Most satisfied consumers chose to hang sheer curtains.
- Glass finials are not durable and risk shattering if the rod were to fall.
7. Source Global Curtain Rod Set
The Source Global curtain rod set is an unassuming option that comes in five different adjustable sizes and four different finishes (pewter, gold, brown, and black). The finials are a ball style with no added adornment; the rod itself has a sleek, vintage look.
This would be a good option if you’re not trying to bring attention to the rod itself, leaving your curtains or other decor in the room free to grab people’s attention.
This product comes with mounting hardware and instructions for a quick and painless install.
- Several consumers noted that this rod both looked and felt like a quality product; its durability held up curtains without issue.
- Perfect option for outdoor use. The finish holds up to the elements, year-round.
- Center bracket included in the installation hardware increases this rod’s stability.
- Some consumers complained that the finial will not screw on tightly enough.
- Largest consumer complaint was that the instructions arrive on the length of the packaging, making it difficult to read and therefore difficult to install.
6. Bali Blinds Curtain Rod
The Bali Blinds curtain rod is a rounded rod style. It comes in two finishes, bronze and white. There are four different adjustable sizes to choose from, with an option as low as 28″ and as high as 120″.
This rod has no adornment and no finials, allowing it to blend in seamlessly with your already existing decor.
- A great economic option if you’re just looking for something to get the job done.
- Durable enough to hang heavy or blackout curtains without bending or warping.
- All mounting hardware and instructions included.
- If purchasing online versus in-store, beware of the rod arriving bent. This has been the largest consumer complaint.
- Some consumers complained that the curtain bar comes unhooked from its mount on the wall if the curtains are tugged on too much or moved too frequently.
5. Levolor Heavy Duty Curtain Rod
Another simple option, the Levolor Heavy Duty curtain rod has a rolled hemmed edge rather like the Bali Blinds curtain rod. It is made of steel and comes in white.
It only comes in one size option, but can adjust from 45″-82″, with a center brace included.
- This product’s rounded edge prevents snagging of material when moving back and forth.
- An economic choice, especially if you’re looking to not draw attention to the rod itself.
- All mounting hardware is packaged with product.
- The name of this rod sounds like it has a high durability rating, but the manufacturers recommend you hang light to medium-weight curtains, as this product cannot withstand heavy fabric.
- This product sometimes has an issue of arriving bent, making it hard or incapable of adjustment. Be cautious if purchasing online.
4. Kenney Single Curtain Rod
The Kenney Single curtain rod is also a rounded rod that comes in a unique “espresso” finish. It has a two inch clearance, and comes in two adjustable options: 28″-48″ or 48″-86″.
The sellers of this product note that this item is “proudly made in the USA.” It is a basic model that’s easy to install.
- Curved edge and two inch clearance allows the curtain itself to get as close as possible to the wall, which consequently blocks out more light.
- Many consumers are satisfied with the affordability of this product, and are happy with its quality.
- The dark brown or “espresso” color of the rod makes it unique compared to its competitors, which are popularly white in finish.
- This is not a good option for heavy paneling or otherwise heavy material, as the rod is not sturdy enough.
- Also runs the risk of arriving bent if purchased online. It might be better to find your nearest supplier and pick up in-store instead.
3. Decopolitan Single Window Treatment Rod
This is a durable option for heavier drapery. The Decopolitan Single Window Treatment rod comes with a 1″ diameter and classy, decorative finials. There are three extendable options, starting as low as 18″ and expanding up to 144″.
There are four finish options to choose from: bronze, antique bronze, antique silver, and antique black. This is truly a classy choice if you’re looking to dress up your room.
- The variety of finishes gives you plenty of opportunity to choose the style that best suits your needs.
- The finials are ornamental, really adding something special to the overall look of your room.
- These rods are more durable; heavier drapery will hang with no problem.
- Several consumers had problems with the mounting hardware, stating that the design of the wall mounts blocks a screw driver from easy access.
- Durability seems to decrease at full extension, especially in the larger model.
2. Kenney Cafe Curtain Rod
The Kenney Cafe curtain rod is a perfect option for thin or sheer curtains. The rod itself is on the thinner side at a 5/8″ diameter. There are three extendable options of 28″-48″, 48″-84″, and 86″-120″, and the color is chocolate.
The finials at each end are ornamental, but are plastic, making this option affordable — and only you have to know the difference!
- Ornamental finials add extra character to the rod and your room by extension.
- Rod is lightweight, making installation an easier process.
- Simple, classic finish make it easy to coordinate with your current decor.
- Not an acceptable option for heavier drapery.
- Plastic finials sometimes have the problem of popping off if not secured snugly.
1. Kenney Ball Deco Curtain Rod
Last but not least, the Kenney Ball Deco curtain rod is both elegant and economic. It has two purchasable options of 28″-48″ and 48″-86″, and a diameter of 5/8″. It comes in a black or champagne silver finish, and can hold light to medium weight curtains.
The finial is a ball and made of resin.
- Installation is easy, requiring only a screw driver.
- Finish options can pair well with most fabric.
- Finials fit snugly, but can be removed to put on curtains.
- Does not hold up heavier curtains well, especially if rods are at their full extension.
- Does not come with center bracket, so will need to purchase separately.
Which Curtain Rod Set Should You Buy?
Of every item on this list, my personal favorite is Option 3: Decopolitan Single Window Treatment Rod. It is inexpensive, yet elegant with its dark color and ornamental finials. It would add a sleek border to my neutral curtains and won’t break the bank!
What might work for me, however, could be all wrong for you. Though there are many other options out there, this Top 10 list offers a gateway to the world of curtain rods.
When you are looking for the best curtain rod for your home, there are several things you need to consider. The most important factor, however, is making sure that your curtain fits the room you are putting it up in nicely. If you choose a curtain rod that is too overpowering, colorful, or even bulky, you run the risk of damaging the overall look of your room.
We hope that you have found our list to be a helpful one. We made sure to include a list that is very well varied so that you can find the best curtain rod to suit your needs.
Have you ever tried any of the curtain rods we have listed above? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below what you thought of it? And if you know someone who is in the market from sprucing up their home, be sure to share this article of the best curtain rods with them.
Whether you’re looking to add an extra decorative touch or you’re looking to camouflage your curtain rod, there is an option out there for you!