I want to start this off by asking you a simple question… How often do you find yourself cooking rice for lunch or dinner?
Whether it is three times a month or three times a week, cooking rice can be complicated when the method you use doesn’t work like it did the last time you tried it… or the time before that.
It would be much easier to use a method that works for you every time, wouldn’t it? Now, whether you are looking for a method that will make cooking rice easier, or quicker, or even healthier, rice cookers are the way to go!
What you are about to read is a handpicked list of the ten most popular rice cookers. From why they all sell so well, to how they will completely change your experience in the rice cooking game.
The descriptions of the next top 10 best rice cookers in 2017 will not only help you understand how a rice cooker works and the benefits of owning one, but I will also be sure to provide you with the correct information about each rice cooker and it’s capabilities, in case you do decide to invest your money on a mean, lean, rice cooking machine.
Table of Contents
- 10. Aroma 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker
- 9. Black and Decker RC3303 3-Cup Rice Cooker
- 8. Cuisinart CRC-400 Rice Cooker
- 7. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
- 6. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 5. Oster CKSTRCMS65 3-Cup Rice Cooker
- 4. TIM3 MACHIN3 Rice Cooker
- 3. Secura 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2. Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker
- 1. Proctor Silex 33015Y 1-1/2-Quart Round Slow Cooker
- Which Rice Cooker Should You Buy?
10. Aroma 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker
First up, a rice cooker from a brand the called Aroma. Not only is it a rice cooker, it works as a steamer as well. The first feature of this appliance is the space, which holds from two to six cups of whatever rice you or your loved ones may enjoy.
The cook switch is located on the front of the appliance, between the two lights that indicate whether the rice is cooked, or whether the cooker has simply automatically turned to the warming cycle mode, this allows the contents to be kept at a warm temperature until it’s ready to be served.
The second main feature is the steamer option, which allows the contents to be steamed, this allows for all of the nutrients and minerals in your food to stay locked in.
This cooker/steamer is not only rice restricted, you can easily steam or cook a variety of foods, from oatmeal, to chili. The quick and easy clean up is just a bonus!
9. Black and Decker RC3303 3-Cup Rice Cooker
Second up is a much smaller appliance. The Black and Decker rice cooker has a three cup capacity and is used to serve about two to three people. This unit also comes with the automatic warming cycle feature.
- It’s fairly easy to use
- The non-stick pot allows for an easy clean-up
- It’s inexpensive
- This cooker works best for smaller portions of food
- Colors available are restricted
8. Cuisinart CRC-400 Rice Cooker
The Cuisinart is a cooker that has a multitude of uses and is equipped with Fuzzy Logic technology. It can be used in a variety of menu settings such as, steam, porridge, sweet, brown, etc. It has a stainless-steel inside which also makes it easier to clean up after use.
- Automatic Keep Warm cycle
- Two timer settings as well as a reheating setting
- Serves 5.5 cups of uncooked rice
- Can be complicated to use
- High-end, pricy.
7. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
This Zojirushi appliance works for both cooking rice and steaming meats and vegetables. It’s made out of stainless-steel and has a square shape to it. Much like the previous rice cookers mentioned, the Zojirushi rice cooker also comes an automatic warming cycle.
- It’s available for either 4 or 8 cups of rice
- It comes with a steaming basket
- The glass lid allows for you to be able to see the process of what you’re cooking
- Can cause splatters
- Rice can get dry fairly quicker than in other rice cookers
6. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
This Instant Pot cooker model serves seven different functions. It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, snd can be used for browning, yogurt making, steaming, and warming. The pot was also built with a 3-ply bottom, allowing it to be safer for use.
- Equipped with 14 built-in Smart Programs
- Has dual pressure
- Comes with Steam rack
- Slightly more expensive
- Comes in only one color
5. Oster CKSTRCMS65 3-Cup Rice Cooker
The Oster is a cooker that can hold up to six cups of rice at a time. It was made to be for easy use and is stainless-steel. The tempered-glass lid was added to allow you to check on the cooking process without having to lift up the lid and let out any of the steam.
- Comes with steam rack
- Simple to use
- Only allowed to use the measuring cup provided
- May be harder to clean than others
4. TIM3 MACHIN3 Rice Cooker
The Tim3 Machin3 rice cooker has an incredible amount of features, starting with its ability to cook rice at least forty percent quicker than any other rice cooker we’ve seen to date. It also functions as a slow cooker, food steamer, and yogurt maker.
- Comes with steam rack and rice paddle
- Built with non-stick pot
- It is dishwasher safe
- Is on the pricier side
- Overheating or cooking too long can cause the rice to dry up quickly
3. Secura 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
The Secura is another cooker which contains a variety of functions such as steaming food, browning, and soup making. It’s made out of stainless-steel which allows the cooker to become easier to use, as well as safer.
- Has micro-computerized temperature
- Has a digital display
- Time-control system
- Many complaints that the paint chips away quickly
- Limited due to the 6 quart cooking capacity
2. Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker
The Panasonic is a cooker that holds up to three cups of rice at a time. It is equipped with both an automatic cooking function and an automatic shut off function.
It is made of non-stick coated Aluminum Pan. It is also smaller than usual which makes it easy to move around, whether you’re switching homes or even going off to college!
- It’s easy to clean
- Is energy efficient
- Comes with a measuring cup and rice scoop
- No automatic warming function
1. Proctor Silex 33015Y 1-1/2-Quart Round Slow Cooker
The Silex is a slightly smaller and more round rice cooker. Aside from being able to cook rice, the Silex can also cook casseroles, warm dips, soups, and even sauces.
It is equipped with three different heat settings including: warm, low, and/or high. The tempered-glass lid that comes on the appliance and allows it to trap heat and moisture was added for easier cooking.
- Having three different heat setting is definitely a bonus!
- It’s light weight which makes it easier to move around if needed
- 1 1/2 quart sized
- There is no indicator light on the cooker that tells you whether it is still heating or not
- The keep warm cycle feature is NOT automatic
Which Rice Cooker Should You Buy?
That was quite the list, wasn’t it? The rice cookers listed are some of the most used cookers globally but aside from these ten, I’m sure there are hundreds of others in existence. But how do you know which one?
How do you know which one is going to fit ALL of your needs? I would for sure go with the Instant Pot Rice Cooker. Why? Maybe it’s because I own one, or maybe it isn’t but, I like many others, like appliances that are easy to use.
Not because we’re clueless, but most of the time I find myself trying to multi-task while cooking, and though the Instant Pot may seem scary because of the fourteen smart programs it’s equipped with, it’s simple to use and makes things much easier in the kitchen.
Whatever works for you, may not work for someone else. Be sure to do your own research if at any point you’re unsure of how an appliance works!