What is the top robot lawn mower? The idea of a lawnmower that goes about its business keeping your lawn perfect all the time without you needing to do hardly anything to maintain it seems like a dream come true. Even the most perfectly landscaped garden looks shaggy quickly when the lawn becomes too long, and a lawn that is not kept sheared is more prone to develop weeds as weeds have time to grow, flower, and seed, thereby creating more weeds.
A lawn mower that continuously keeps the grass trimmed can result in a law that appears perfect all the time, but how realistic is a device like this in your home? An important consideration in choosing a robotic lawn mower for your lawn is the size of the area that needs to be mowed and whether this area is continuous or broken up.
If you have several separate grassy areas, the lawn mower will not be able to reach them past obstacles or other landscaping so you will need to move it yourself from time to time, eliminating the convenience of a lawn mower that does its job without your interference. If you have several grassy areas, you can consider replanting some with landscaping or hardscaping that does not require mowing or create a grass path to them.
Lawns that are too large for the lawn mower will not get thoroughly trimmed and the lawn mower may become bogged down trying to get through growth that is allowed to grow for too long. The larger the area that you need mowed, the larger expense the mower will be. The battery is one of the most expensive aspects of this machine so if you need a mower that can cover a lot of distance on one battery be prepared to pay more for it.
Table of Contents
- 10. Husqvarna Automower 315 Automatic Robotic Lawn Mower
- 9.Pre Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower Overload Protect Mower
- 8. Robotic Lawn Mower Auto Recharged Mower Weeding Machine
- 7. Pre Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower Subarea Weeding Machine
- 6. Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower
- 5. Robomow RX12 Robotic Lawn Mower
- 4. Robomow RC306 Robotic Lawnmower (2017 Model – 2G GSM)
- 3. Worx WG794 Landroid Pre-Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower
- 2. Husqvarna 967622505 Automower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
- 1. Husqvarna 967646405 Automower 450X Robotic Lawn Mower
- Which should you buy?
10. Husqvarna Automower 315 Automatic Robotic Lawn Mower
Why waste your time mowing your lawn when the Auto Mower 315 can do all of it for you? This automatic mower can cover .38 Acres and will run for 70 minutes on a single charge. When it is finished mowing it automatically goes back to its base and recharges in only 60 minutes.
This mower has a quiet operation that you won’t notice even if you run it in the early morning or the evening. You can set it to run at any time of the day and the week so that your lawn will always be perfectly mowed and you won’t even have to notice the maintenance occurring.
- comes with a small installation kit
- comes with wire and equipment to install orders
- works on open lawns up to 8611 square feet or complex areas up to 4306 square feet
- weatherproof for harsh climates
- may not handle steep inclines well
- boundary system may look unattractive on your property
9.Pre Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower Overload Protect Mower
This intelligent lawn mower can detect rain or high humidity and will automatically go back to its charging station so that it does not run over and crush the wet grass. A bump sensor that covers the entire front and top of the mower will know when it runs into a solid object so that the mower will back up and go in a different direction from the object.
You can program this mower extensively, like separating large areas into smaller areas for faster mowing and programming the mower to run at specific times. This mower is auto charged at the base station where it stays between operations.
- bump sensor to detect when this mower runs into objects
- long 2-hour working time
- 2 hour charging time is longer than the competition
- incline capacity is only to 30 degrees
8. Robotic Lawn Mower Auto Recharged Mower Weeding Machine
This robot mower will automatically go back to its charging station if it senses humidity or rain so it won’t damage wet grass. A bump sensor detects when this mower runs into solid objects and will cause the mower to change directions.
There is a remote controller for areas of grass that cannot be reached with automatic operation, a very convenient feature for cutting the area at the side of your yard or other small grass areas. A password protection option can help guard against theft. This mower will automatically recharge itself at the base station where it stays between operations.
- password protected
- bump sensor to cause the mower to change directions when it encounters solid objects
- remote control for cutting small areas
- two and a half hours to charge
- takes a long time to mow using remote
7. Pre Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower Subarea Weeding Machine
You can schedule this mower to run at whatever time you want so that you will have perfectly cut grass at your convenience. A rain sensor tells the mower when to go back to the charge station if it senses humidity or rain.
The entire top cover of this mower is sensitive to bumps so that this mower change directions if it runs into anything solid. A pin code is a password protected to protect your mower from theft. If there is an emergency this mower will automatically stop and offer support with its LCD display screen.
- LCD display screen for support
- Anti-Theft Start PIN code
- emergency stop
- takes from two and a half to three hours to charge
- can only handle hills up to 35 degrees
- weighs 16 1/2 kg so may be heavy to move between different grass areas
6. Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower
This sleek little lawn mower is very easy to use with its flexible insulation options and the ability to control it from your smart device. Edge mode and cut beyond the wheel design make this mower able to finish the trim of your yard as well as mow the grass.
The tight design of this mower will keep it safe from children or pets and keep children and pets safe from it. A personalized pin code makes sure that no one will operate your mower without your consent. This quiet mower will allow you to enjoy your lawn even while it is functioning or allow you to mow at night.
- control mower through your smart enabled device
- cut beyond the wheel design allows the mower to do finishing work as well as mow
- quiet and powerful
- only mows yards up to three-quarters of an acre
- Parts may fail over the years
5. Robomow RX12 Robotic Lawn Mower
This is a more affordable automatic mower than most of its competition and it is very easy to use with single button operation. The solid and secure blades will provide maximum performance and require replacement only once a year. This small mower is best for small yards up to one-twentieth of an acre.
- much more affordable than competing mowers
- the easy operation just by pressing a button
- quiet running
- takes from 16 to 20 hours to charge with a runtime of only 90 to 20 minutes
- can only handle slopes up to 15% incline
4. Robomow RC306 Robotic Lawnmower (2017 Model – 2G GSM)
This good-looking mower charges at its base station and stays there between mowing. It will automatically leave its charging station to cut the lawn and then return to charge until the next scheduled mowing. You can control this mower remotely so that you can cut small patches of grass that are not within the boundaries of automatic cutting.
This mower has one of the highest slope ratings of automatic mowers with the ability to mow slopes up to 36% incline. The rain sensor can be controlled by the user so you can choose whether you want your mower to mow in spite of rain or not.
- features child lock to keep children or others from operating mower
- capable of handling higher incline man other mowers
- rain sensor can be controlled by the user
- an app may not be very intuitive
- the remote control operation is time-consuming
- flimsy stakes may be easily damaged by weather
3. Worx WG794 Landroid Pre-Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower
This lawn mower comes programmed right out of the box so you can easily set it up and use it. This mower uses innovative artificial intelligence to navigate even intricate areas and narrow passageways. A shock sensor system allows this mower to navigate around any obstacles in its mowing area.
It will automatically return to the base if it needs to recharge its battery or if it rains. This mower is suitable for mowing an area up to a quarter of an acre.
- the operation will automatically resume when the mower is fully charged
- pin-enabled safety
- tilt/lift shut down
- can only mow inclines up to 20 degrees
- only can handle small yards
2. Husqvarna 967622505 Automower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
This powerful automatic mower is equipped with GPS navigation so it can navigate even the most difficult lawns smoothly. This mower can cover areas up to .8 acres or 34000 square feet and can handle steep slopes with incline up to 45% with ease.
The smart technology of this mower reacts to your lawn’s growth rate so it will spot mow for longer grass. The intuitive menu allows for personalized scheduling from the mower itself or from your smart device.
- GPS navigation
- connects to your smartphone
- handles high inclines
- connection kit sold separately
- installation kit not included
- one of the more expensive mowers on the market
1. Husqvarna 967646405 Automower 450X Robotic Lawn Mower
This high-quality automatic mower is intelligent enough to navigate even very large and complex lawns that have many narrow passageways, lots of obstacles, or tough terrain. This mower can handle slopes up to 45%, for one of the highest incline ratings of any mowers on the market.
GPS assists the navigation of this mower so that it can navigate incredibly intelligently. The Automower® Connect app can keep you connected to your mower no matter where you are.
- handles higher inclines than competing mowers
- candles difficult terrain better than most mowers
- can navigate even large and complex areas
- does not come with an installation kit
- one of the more expensive mowers on the market
- perimeter wire may be unattractive in your yard
Which should you buy?
For a mower that can handle all of the complexities of your lawn, choose the Husqvarna 967646405 Automower 450X Robotic Lawn Mower, 1.3-acre capacity. This powerful little lawn mower can navigate around even the most intricate landscaping with ease and can handle difficult terrain as well as steep inclines.
It is highly programmable, allowing you to control many aspects of its performance and is intelligent so that it can learn your particular lawn perfectly. If you want your midsize and highly landscaped lawn to look perfect all the time, this may be the mower for you.