Do you remember being a kid and smelling the scents of the carnival as soon as you walked onto the midway? What’s the top popcorn maker? Surely, you can recall cotton candy, funnel cakes, and POPCORN!
Wouldn’t it be great to recreate that experience in your own home? Granted, you won’t have the Ferris wheel or elephants but you can at least pop up some nostalgic-tasting popcorn.
No, we aren’t talking about the kind you toss into the microwave and comes in a bag. We are talking about using a true-blue popcorn maker. Yep, they make ’em for the home.
Maybe the carnival wasn’t your thing when you were growing up but, perhaps, the movie theater was. Imagine sitting in your favorite recliner and watching a brand new blockbuster as you nibble on freshly popped popcorn drenched in salty butter. Heaven!
The Advantages of Owning a Popcorn Maker at Home
Do you love popcorn? If so, a popcorn maker could be a great addition for your home. These appliances provide a great excuse for friends and family to get together to watch a movie while munching into a delicious-tasting snack. Popcorn helps to set the atmosphere and fun while you’re watching a movie, and it’s a low-calorie, guilt-free snack, too.
These units are also a great fun-factor to your home should you invite guests over or love to host parties. People can help themselves to a creative, tasty snack while they wait for the main event.
What To Look For When Buying a Popcorn Maker
Before we share the top 10 popcorn makers available right now, there are some important factors to consider throughout your search. Below, we’ve listed the top features to look out for.
If you intend to use the popcorn maker by yourself, a small model will be suitable. However, as you conduct your search, you’ll find an array of capacities, such as 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 oz machines to suit more than one person. Therefore, we suggest planning in advance how many people you’d use the popcorn machine for.
You should bear in mind that the larger the capacity, the larger the machine, so you’ll need an appropriately-sized countertop space for this unit. Therefore, think about where you’ll store the unit before making the purchase so you can find a suitable location that won’t take up much room in your home.
For popcorn to cook, you’ll need to regularly stir the kernels to prevent any burning. However, no-one wants to constantly stop and start their machine to move the kernels around. Thankfully, many recent popcorn makers come with a self-stirring feature that keeps the kernels moving as they pop.
This feature is great if you love great-tasting popcorn and intend to use the machine frequently.
Easy To Use
The last thing you want is a popcorn maker that’s difficult to operate. Instead, search for units that come with simple controls, minimal maintenance, and simple design. These particular features make the popcorn maker more user-friendly and you’ll quickly get the hang of operating it.
Part of making the popcorn maker easy to use is measurement marks, heatproof handles, and cooking features that you can adjust so the popcorn is made to suit your tastes and preferences.
If you love your popcorn with some flavor, you’ll be used to adding seasonings to your snack. But not all popcorn makers offer this ability, so you should check that there’s an appropriate filter to add tasty seasonings, such as salt and butter.
Warranty and Reviews
Finally, reputable brands tend to come with a two-year warranty? Does the appliance you’re interested in offer this feature? Having a warranty will provide you with excellent peace of mind should anything go wrong with the appliance.
We also recommend looking at online customer reviews to obtain honest and reliable feedback about the unit’s potential. Don’t just visit the manufacturer’s website for this information, but check seller websites, such as eBay and Amazon, too.
The Top 10 Best Popcorn Makers You Can Buy
OK, so now that we’ve got you thoroughly salivating for popcorn you are probably wondering how you can get your hands on one of these machines, right?
Well. you are in luck, my friend! We’ve scoured Amazon for the very best rated and reviewed popcorn popping machines and compiled ten of them into a list. You’ll see all sorts of brands, makes, models, and sizes.
So, are you ready to dive right into our list and choose a popcorn maker that brings you back to your childhood?
Awesome! Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- The Advantages of Owning a Popcorn Maker at Home
- What To Look For When Buying a Popcorn Maker
- The Top 10 Best Popcorn Makers You Can Buy
- 10. Olde Midway Bar Style Popcorn Machine Maker
- 9. The Original HOTPOP Microwave Popper
- 8. West Bend 82505 Stir Crazy Electric Popper
- 7. Franklin’s Original Whirley Pop Stovetop
- 6. Great Northern Popcorn 6097 8 OZ Foundation
- 5. The Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper
- 4. Cuisinart CPM-100MR Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- 3. Great Northern Popcorn 6010 Roosevelt
- 2. Wabash Valley Farms – Stovetop Popcorn Popper
- 1. Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
- What popper will be your new friend?
10. Olde Midway Bar Style Popcorn Machine Maker
This amazing popcorn machine totally takes us back to those childhood carnival days. We can picture this popper sitting on the counter of a trailer food vendor filled to the brim with buttery kernels.
One of the great things about this popper is all of the stainless steel accessories that are included such as ½ cup measuring cup, tablespoon, popcorn scoop, and salt shaker.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this top-quality popcorn maker, “Fashioned with authentic antique style updated with modern features, this attractive popcorn machine offers visual appeal and lasting durability. Constructed of heavy-duty stainless steel, a whisper-quiet motor, 850 watts of power, and premium paint with a glossy finish, this machine’s industry-leading 8-oz. kettle serves up to 3 gallons of popcorn per batch”.
- Equipped with a simple 3 switch design that makes popping corn fast and easy
- Designed with tempered safety glass for both heat protection and sturdiness
- Comes with a built-in warming deck and heat light plus a kernel tray
- Quite big and bulky
- On the expensive side
9. The Original HOTPOP Microwave Popper
Get a delicious popcorn snack in just minutes with the BPA-free and dishwasher safe popcorn maker. The HOTPOP popcorn popper comes with a lid and pops up 15 cups of fluffy kernels in under 4 minutes.
Check out what the manufacturer says about the simplicity of this popcorn popper, “Simply add kernels to the quick popcorn maker, add seasoning, and place in the microwave. This is one of the most convenient popcorn poppers for home use thanks to the cool-touch handles for comfortable handling and graduated markings on the inner side of the bowl”.
You’ll love that this model is made from 100% food grade silicone and is BPA and PVC free. No toxins in this popper! You don’t even need to use any oil when making your favorite popcorn.
- Collapsible space-saving design. Popper goes from 5.7″ to 2.4″ so it can easily fit in your kitchen cabinets
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you aren’t completely satisfied the company will send you a full refund
- This popper is highly affordable for almost any budget
- Some reviewers claim you really need to watch the popcorn between the 3 and 4-minute mark in the microwave because the closer to 4 minutes, the more likely the popcorn is to burn
8. West Bend 82505 Stir Crazy Electric Popper
You’ll love this popcorn maker because it is so fun to watch! The vented clear cover doubles as a 6-quart capacity popcorn bowl, too!
The popping plate is coated with a nonstick glaze and makes for a super easy cleanup. The stir rod is completely motorized and improves the popping which gives you more popped corn and fewer kernels.
Check out what the manufacturer had to say about this popcorn popper, “The West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper is a convenient and efficient way to make tasty popcorn from home. It has its own built-in butter well and a motorized stirring rod to evenly coat your snacks. This electric popcorn holder provides heat-resistant handles for improved safety and convenience. Its base is also heat-resistant to protect your countertops.
The West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper’s popping surface features a nonstick coating to help make cleaning simple and fast. It offers a 6-quart capacity and is made for easy maintenance. This electric popcorn popper also provides a lid that can be flipped over and used as a serving bowl.
It’s a convenient and economical alternative to pricey theater snacks. Now you can make fluffy, light, delectable popcorn in the comfort of your own home with the help of the West Bend popcorn popper”.
- A permanently attached cord that wraps up snugly under the device for no-tangle storing
- The cover is perfectly aligned with heating base handles to allow you to easily grasp the unit
- Nesting lid is convenient and ideal for small storage
- Some users claim the popper stops working after just a few months of use
- A reviewer claims the plastic of the machine melted during use
7. Franklin’s Original Whirley Pop Stovetop
If you are looking for authentic movie-theater popcorn, you need the Whirley Pop, Popcorn Maker.
Here is what the manufacturer has to say about the device, “Make DELICIOUS and authentic movie theater popcorn at home, the same exact way that old-time movie theaters once made popcorn. FREE Franklin’s Gourmet Popcorn kit included”!
Experience the extra large 6 qt aluminum kettle pan that evenly distributes heat better than stainless steel. The maker also comes with a real wooden handle.
You’ll love making popcorn for your friends and family with this amazing maker. Movie nights will never be the same again.
- All metal gears and a patented stirring mechanism that prevents sticking and burning by making sure each kernel is stirred until it pops
- Extremely easy cleanup – all you have to do is wipe the pot with a paper towel after each use
- Lifetime warranty
6. Great Northern Popcorn 6097 8 OZ Foundation
You are truly in for a treat with this nostalgic popcorn popper!
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this amazing machine, “These Great Northern Popcorn top quality machines feature stainless steel food-zones, easy cleaning stainless steel kettles, an exclusive warming deck, old-maid drawers (for unpopped kernels), tempered safety glass panels and an industry leading 8-ounce kettle”.
With this popper, the best of both worlds have been combined. You’re not only getting today’s technology but also the authentic design with all the perks of today’s modern era.
This popcorn maker is perfect for bringing to churches, schools, businesses, and other events. The set includes a free starter kit with 25 bags, measuring cups, and a popcorn scoop.
- This popcorn popper has been designed with whisper quiet technology so it is not noisy while it works
- Designed with a warming deck to popcorn hot and fresh
- Tempered glass walls–Tempered glass is scratch resistant and less prone to warping
- 3-switch design
- Very expensive
- The unit is quite heavy at just under 55 pounds
5. The Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper
This cute little popcorn popper comes in 14 bright and cheery colors. The unit is a real space saver as it is completely collapsible so you can store it even in your tightest kitchen cupboard. It’s perfect for RVs and small dorm rooms.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “The popcorn popper may be warm when you remove it from the microwave, so we have added two handles, on the sides of your popcorn popper, for your safety and convenience. Practice caution when removing popcorn popper front the microwave because handles may be warm”.
Did you know that oil is always an option but never required? Neat!
- Designed with convenient easy-grab handles
- The silicone, BPA-free popcorn maker is seriously easy to use and virtually indestructible
- Dishwasher safe
- Saves you money versus buying bagged popcorn
- Made in China
4. Cuisinart CPM-100MR Hot Air Popcorn Maker
Another cute little popcorn popper that comes in a brilliant metallic red color and looks great sitting on your countertop.
You can make up to 10 cups of popcorn with this little machine! Simply, place a bowl beneath the spout and watch it fill up with fluffy popped corn. Yummy!
Your popcorn is ready in just 3 minutes. talk about a fast popper!
The chute and butter warming tray is removable for super easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe. The cord can easily be stored beneath the device.
- Has a convenient on/off switch
- Has a very sturdy design
- Some reviews of the kernels not popping and simply shooting out into the bowl
- Some users claim the plastic is “cheap”
3. Great Northern Popcorn 6010 Roosevelt
Another magical popcorn maker that will take you back to years gone by.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this gorgeous popcorn making machine, “If you are in the market for a popcorn popper, stop looking! These commercial quality machines feature stainless steel food-zones, easy cleaning stainless steel kettles, heated warming decks, old-maid drawers (for unpopped kernels), tempered glass panels and an industry leading 8-ounce kettle operating on 860 watts.
You won’t find a comparable unit on the internet. With the antique style design, you will be reminiscing about your early days at the ball game, carnival, or the movie theater. We have combined the best of both worlds–not only are you getting today’s technology, you get an eccentric design with all the conveniences of the modern era”.
This deluxe model comes with 3 control switches instead of just 2. The switches include a spot light warmer, stirrer, and pot heater.
Other components include a reject kernel tray, stainless steel kettle and food zones, warming deck, and a heavy-duty powdered coated stainless steel construction.
- Easily cleans up with a moist cloth
- Makes roughly 3 gallons of popcorn per batch
- 860-watt stainless steel kettle
- Only weighs 36 pounds
- Assembly required
2. Wabash Valley Farms – Stovetop Popcorn Popper
This old-fashioned popcorn maker gives you perfect popcorn in just 3 minutes. Take the guesswork out of making popcorn and makeup to 6 quarts of flawless popped kernels! You’ll love that this maker is backed by a 25-year warranty. Wow!
You’ll never experience burnt popcorn with this maker. The patented stirring design doesn’t allow for such a thing. Just place the maker on top of your stove and wait for the magic to happen.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say, “This Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper comes with a real theatre popping kit for delicious and quick movie theater popcorn from the comfort of your home. The movie theater popcorn kit includes fresh popping corn, our secret buttery salt, and gourmet popping oil”.
- Extremely easy cleanup – just wipe with a paper towel and store
- Comes with a sturdy, stay-cool wooden handle
- Pops kernels up to 42 times their original size
- One reviewer claims his lid was misshapen
1. Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
This awesome popcorn popper makes you the best popcorn on the planet and does so super quickly! In less than 2.5 minutes you can have up to 18 cups of popcorn. That’s faster than a microwave!
Check out what the company has to say about this awesome popcorn popper, “In test after test, the Presto PopLite hot air popper out popped other leading brands, popping up to 30-percent faster with virtually no unpopped kernels”.
That’s pretty impressive.
You may use regular or gourmet popcorn for a savings of up to 70% over microwave popcorn bags.
No need to use oil in this air popper. No oil saves you up to 42% of calories than regular popcorn. You’ll never get any artificial flavors, salts, or fats unless you add them yourself.
- The product has been built to meet the North American Electrical Standards
- Convenient chute directs popcorn right into your bowl – no mess
- Faster, healthier, and far more economical than most microwaves bagged popcorns
- Made in China
- Only comes with a 1-year warranty
What popper will be your new friend?
There you have it, folks! If you haven’t been able to find a popcorn maker from this top ten list then we don’t think you ever will. We’ve listed the latest and greatest popcorn makers of all time.
Are you a bit of an old-fashioned kind of guy or gal? If so, you may want to consider purchasing the Great Northern Popcorn 6097 8 OZ Foundation Red Full Antique Style Popcorn Popper Machine Complete with Cart and 8-Ounce Kettle. This model is perfect for parties, fundraisers, and more.
Need a BPA-free option that works in your microwave? Give The Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper a shot.
Now, we totally adore all of the models listed on our top 10 list but we had to choose one for our top spot. So, we decided to go with the Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper.
This popper has almost 12,000 positive reviews on Amazon, is affordable, and makes you a healthier popcorn without any weird flavorings, salts, or oils.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this top 10 list of popcorn makers and have found one to suit your needs.