Having a knee injury is a serious situation, especially if you’re a runner. You must take care of the injury properly and support your knee during running to avoid injuring the area, further. How can this be done both safely and effectively? With a knee brace made with runners in mind. What makes the Top Knee Brace for Running?
There are tons of top-rated knee braces for runners listed on Amazon, and we’ve found the best of the best for you right here on this list. You’ll see brand names like PowerLix and Sable as well as many other reputable vendors.
Knee braces will help relieve joint pain. arthritis, and almost all common injuries associated with running and other athletic sports.
Benefits To Wearing a Knee Brace For Running
If you’re physically active, you should also listen to your body whenever you experience any pain or discomfort. Below are some of the most common benefits of wearing a knee brace during sports.
If you’re experiencing knee pain, this discomfort can usually affect your posture, and as a result, hurt your back over time. Whenever you experience some discomfort in your knee, your instant reaction is to bend down and support it. But this can cause more bad than good.
By wearing a knee brace, you’ll support the damaged knee so you can center your alignment and walk without any wobbles or poor posture.
Prevents Injury From Happening
Prevention is better than cure, and we love items that improve your health. Did you know that most knee injuries happen during warm-up exercises? Even low-impact movements can wreak havoc on your knees and cause injury.
But by wearing a knee brace before you experience any joint pain, this will protect your knees. As a result, you can bring them up close to your upper body to conduct to get the blood pumping around your body. Without this support, you’re more at risk of injuring yourself.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Knee Brace
If you’re ready to purchase your first knee brace, you’ll need to consider some important factors throughout your search. Here are some components to help you.
The best knee brace will provide some form of compression so that you feel a tightness around your knee from the brace. However, that doesn’t mean that tighter it’s better as this could cut off your blood flow and actually contribute to poor blood circulation.
If the brace is so tight that it limits your movement, you need to loosen the strap or switch to a larger brace. If you’re looking for more support because you experience knee pain, a rigid brace will naturally feel more rigid and provide more support than a flexible knee sleeve.
A good way to test if the fit is right for you is to wear the knee brace around your house and see if you can comfortably bend your knee. If it’s so loose that you barely feel any support, the knee brace won’t really be doing anything so it’s time to purchase a smaller size or tighten the strap
Some knee braces can cause skin irritation due to the material they use. Make sure you look at the materials incorporated into the knee brace and look out for large pieces of velcro that could be uncomfortable to wear for long periods.
Compression or Wrap-Around?
You’ll typically find two types of knee braces. First, compression styles are ideal to protect minor strains or sprains, and they improve your stability so you can continue playing sports.
Wraparound knee supports are more efficient for applying to a large surface area if you suffer from weak knees in general. Consider if you currently have injured knees or are just taking precautions.
The Top 10 Knee Braces For Running
Keep in mind, that not all knee braces are made with the same features. We want you to have the knee brace that is a unique fit for your needs. This is why we came up with this list of 10. On your marks, get set, on to the list!
Table of Contents
- Benefits To Wearing a Knee Brace For Running
- Factors To Consider When Buying a Knee Brace
- The Top 10 Knee Braces For Running
- 10. PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve
- 9. UFlex Athletics Compression Sleeve
- 8. Sable Knee Brace
- 7. IPOW Patella Knee Strap
- 6. Crucial Compression Knee Brace
- 5. Physix Gear Knee Support Brace
- 4. Cambivo 2 Pack Knee Brace
- 3. Winzone Knee Support
- 2. EXOUS Knee Brace Support Protector
- 1. SB SOX Compression Knee Brace
- Which Knee Brace Worked Best for Me…
10. PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve
If you’re looking for phenomenal protection, the PowerLix knee sleeve gives you just that and so much more. This amazing brace applies pressure and support in all the right places across your knee joint leaving you with the utmost stability.
Are you looking for the ultimate in pain relief? You’ve found it with this knee brace. Expect pain relief from pain relief from a variety of ailments including arthritis, swelling, tendonitis, meniscus tear, soreness, stiffness, ACL, PCL, MCL, and other knee pain.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Our Knee support is the perfect fit for any activity that involves a great amount of stress on the joints like, Baseball, Basketball, Crossfit, Soccer Golf, gym, Hiking, Running, Tennis, Volleyball and more! You’ll be able to enjoy exceptional Knee support while still maintaining your peak performance and a full range of leg motion”!
- Tight, form-fitting knee brace made with high-quality materials that are designed to improve blood circulation, absorb sweat, and give you hours of continuous use
- Anti-slip design that stays in place
- 100% money back guarantee
- Knee brace tends to run small
- Machine washing should be avoided
9. UFlex Athletics Compression Sleeve
The UFlex knee brace helps you to go the distance both comfortably and safely. Don’t let a knee injury get you down, brace it with this high-quality sleeve.
Benefits of wearing this compression sleeve include reduction of inflammation/swelling, soreness, stiffness, has heating effect for muscular recovery.
Take a look at what the manufacturer has to say about sports that are suitable for this knee brace, “Suitable for all sports activities that involve a great amount of stress on the joints like running, basketball, soccer, football, golf, cycling, tennis, hiking, volleyball, skiing and much more”.
- Aids in recovery of runners and jumpers knee, arthritis, and tendonitis
- Made with anti-slip silicone
- Sizes that are suitable for men, women, and kids
- A reviewer claims that the sleeve falls down
- Another user said the brace is wonderful for short-term wear but not so great for long-term
8. Sable Knee Brace
This amazing knee brace stays put no matter what type of physical activity you are doing. It provides you with a wider coverage area for even pressure distribution that stretched above and below the knee with an equal amount of pressure. This, in itself, offers an advanced level of protection.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the extra knee support mechanism, “Provides enough support so you can enjoy demanding sports like basketball, football, volleyball, running, tennis, weight-lifting, and more”.
- Made from flexible fabric that allows your skin to breath and has been FDA approved
- Lifetime warranty guarantee
- Reduces stress and swelling and helps you recover
- Can only be hand-washed and line dried
- Some reviewers claim it doesn’t provide tight enough support
7. IPOW Patella Knee Strap
This knee brace strap may look small but it provides you with big results. The resilient compression pad absorbs shocks and relieves pain as it snugly holds the patellar around the knee.
You’ll notice a reduction in pain associated with patellar tendonitis, jumper’s knee, runner’s knee, chondromalacia.
Here is what the manufacturer has to say about their money back guarantee, “Contact us if you are not satisfied with it. We’ll process a full refund or send you a replacement without returning or any additional conditions. All issues will be solved within 24 hours”.
- Made with an extra-wide brace with non-slip material
- The material is soft and lightweight
- One size fits all with reinforced stitching
- A reviewer claims the strap irritates the back of their leg
- A few buyers said the strap didn’t work like they hoped it would have
6. Crucial Compression Knee Brace
If you are looking for instant support and stability for your knees, this brace is the ticket.
Let’s take a look at what the manufacturer has to say about this brace, “You will feel the difference immediately. Get fast pain relief with less swelling, soreness, and stiffness. Our Power Support technology improves blood circulation and heats your muscles, getting more oxygen and less lactic acid build up so you can perform better, recover faster, and prevent injury. Experience our compression knee brace sleeves and get back to doing what you love”!
You’ll be head over heels for the lightweight and breathable material that this brace is made from. You’ll never find your skin overheating due to the brace being too constrictive or bulky.
This brace has been designed with ergonomics in mind. it improves blood flow and circulation without restricting your motion.
- No-slip double grip
- Unmatched support and durability and provides incredible results during extreme sports
- 100% perfect fit guarantee
- A reviewer claims the top sleeve stitching came apart after only a few wearings
- Reports that the sleeve is great for compression but not so great for support
5. Physix Gear Knee Support Brace
This knee brace comes in a variety of colors for both men and women, however, the results are the same…awesome.
Check out what the manufacturer has o say about this amazing knee brace, “WHILE OTHER KNEE COMPRESSION SLEEVES slip down, cut off circulation, & stretch after a few wears, your New Physix Compression Knee Sleeve is a cut above the rest. Literally! Designed with Durable 4 Way Stretch Lycra, Your Physix Knee Sleeve provides all-day support, without compromising ultimate comfort! A Light weight design makes your Sleeve easy to wear under Jeans, providing excellent Stabilizer support, keeping the joint warm, while helping avoid stiffness and tears. And they Wash Well”!
Not only do they knee braces provide you with pain relief, support, and comfort but they look stylish, too. They are great for people who are suffering from stiffness, swelling, and inflammation.
- Features 4-way stretch fabric that provides instant pain relief
- Bends, Shifts, and Shapes with your every movement
- Constructed with no-slip silicone group weave
- Some reviews that the brace does not stay in place
- Some reviews that the brace lost its grip after a few days of wear
4. Cambivo 2 Pack Knee Brace
This stylish knee brace comes in 4 vibrant color combos that truly stand out in a sea of blah compression sleeves. The benefits of wearing this knee brace are overwhelming.
Here is what the manufacturer says about the benefits of this product, “Effective in managing knee pain caused by exercise or any activity that puts pressure on your knees, reduces swelling, inflammation, stiffness and supports in muscle recovery, also it has heating effect for muscular recovery”.
You’ll love that this knee brace is suitable for all sports activities including running, basketball, soccer, football, and golf, plus many more.
- Provides supreme injury prevention and pain relief
- Made with anti-slip silicone
- 100% risk-free satisfaction guaranteed
- One user claims the brace lost shape and grip after just a couple days of use
- Some claims that the brace tends to slip
3. Winzone Knee Support
Did you know that Winzone offers a Lifetime Guarantee on this knee brace? That’s because of the confidence they have in their product. If you aren’t completely satisfied with this product you’ll be refunded. It’s that simple.
This brace is equipped with an open patella design for support and compression around the kneecap and tendon areas to help heal injuries.
Are you dealing with a meniscus injury? This brace relieves the pain and helps encourage the healing process.
- The perfect pain reliever and injury prevention
- Adjustable fit
- Provides you with superior comfort
- Cannot be machine washed or dried
- A reviewer claims the brace smells strongly of plastic
2. EXOUS Knee Brace Support Protector
For a reasonable price, you can have a knee brace that provides truly a unique fit for your knee. The 4-way compression system literally hugs your knee from every angle giving both lateral and medial support. Your weak knees will feel strong and supported.
Check out what the manufacturer says about their money back guarantee, “What we know based on over 2 years of sales and thousands of happy customers is that if you fit within the size guide, we are confident this is the best support you will get for your knee. If you feel it’s not for you contact us directly and we will look after you no matter what. Join thousands of happy customers that have seen the EX-701 improve their quality of life – fitting: max calf size 16-18 inches MAX UPPER THIGH 20 INCHES (measure 3″ above knee)”.
This knee brace helps stabilize the kneecap and give you total pain relief and extra comfort during athletic sports and running.
- Improves confidence and mobility
- Stays in place while running
- Provides all-day comfort and pain relief
- A little on the expensive side
- Some reports of the Lycra sleeve being too loose
1. SB SOX Compression Knee Brace
This brace is perfect for folks who like a snug-fitting sleeve that provides just the right amount of pressure. It has been said that this brace “fits just right”.
This brace comes in 4 different sizes to accommodate your needs with a wide range of thigh circumferences including the one that is right for you.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the premium design features, “If you LOVE our other products, you will LOVE our knee brace! Designed with lightweight, breathable, and anti-odor moisture-wicking fabric, our knee support is the perfect solution for alleviating knee pain and arthritis during year-round physical activity. Also, the silicone grip gel provides the soothing and friction-less fit you need”!
- Helps to improve blood circulation with compression support
- Form-fitting, lightweight, and breathable material maintain joint stability no matter what activity you are engaged in
- Great for runners, athletes, fitness workouts, hiking, tennis, cycling, office workers, airplane travelers, or anyone in need of pain relief
- Reports of the rubber grips reacting badly with skin
Which Knee Brace Worked Best for Me…
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of the top 10 best knee braces for runners! As you may have noticed, these braces aren’t just limited to people who run but for all types of sports.
If you are looking for a great knee brace that has sizes for the whole family you may want to check out the Physix Gear Knee Support Brace. This brace comes in different colors and even sizes for kids.
Maybe you are in the market for some patella support. In that case, we recommend you grab yourself an EXOUS Knee Brace Support Protector. With the prominent patella opening, this brace provides extreme joint support.
Now, even though we love all the knee braces on this list, we had to choose one for our top spot. So, we decided to go with the SB SOX Compression Knee Brace. This brace truly provides everything you need to prevent, heal, and soothe knee injuries. It comes in 4 different sizes to ensure you get the right fit.
Choose the knee brace that is right for you and get back to doing what you love.