Are you a bit of a grill master and want the top electric grill? Do you live in an area where the fall and winter months get kind of cold? If so, you may not want to trudge outside and grill up some hotdogs during a snowstorm.
Maybe, you don’t feel like firing up the outdoor grill at all and would rather use an electric model that is fit for both indoor and outdoor use. This top 10 list of electric grills can help you.
We’ve scoured Amazon for the most top-rated electric grills on the planet and you are truly going to love what we found. You’ll see brands like George Forman and Char-Broil plus many others.
Nothing beats having a steak that has been grilled to perfection or some tender chicken breasts with that familiar smokey flavor. You can have all this and more with a wonderful electric grill.
Some of these grills are smokeless and for indoor use only while others look and function like an outdoor grill without the propane or charcoal. Pretty neat!
The Benefits of Electric Grills
Before we share the top 10 electric grills on the market right now, let’s begin this article by talking about the benefits of owning one.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is the money you’ll save by using one. Natural gas is considerably going up, while electric gas isn’t. As a result, this means you can grill for a small percentage of the price you’d ordinarily pay, without having to hook your unit up to a gas line.
Kinder On The Environment
Some people switch to an electric grill because it’s kinder on the environment. For example, when you operate an electric grill, it doesn’t release any dangerous toxins or fumes into the environment.
However, propane grills are dangerous to operate since they produce poisonous fumes, which is why you can’t use one indoors. Fortunately, an electric grill comes with no worries since you can use it indoors or outdoors and it’ll simply heat the grill’s surface to leave the environment untouched.
Portability and Convenience
Finally, we love the convenience that electric grills offer. They’re usually built with a compact design to take up minimal space in your kitchen or garden. This design allows you to take them on your adventures with you wherever and whenever you want.
People love that these units are much easier to clean compared to a traditional grill. Many electric grills allow you to remove the cooking surface and wash separately, sometimes even in the dishwasher.
Factors To Consider When Buying an Electric Grill
Now that you’re aware of the top benefits of owning an electric grill, let’s take a look at some factors to consider throughout your search. There are many different designs on the market that can make the decision-process rather grilling. But, following the below guide will help you.
The first consideration to make is the size of the electric grill. If you have a small garden or a petite balcony, you’ll require one of the smallest electric grills as you have limited space. The George Foreman grill that we’ll show later in the article is the perfect option to use in small areas.
On the other hand, if you have a larger space to cook in, you can be more adventurous with your design and choose an electric grill with legs, and permanently keep it in the garden.
You should also bear in mind the size of the cooking surface depending on how many people you prepare food for. If you love to host parties, consider how much food you generally need to make in one go. However, if you only plan on cooking for you, a portable design will save you money.
There’s nothing worse than preparing food and it sticks to the griddle surface. You have to spend so long scrubbing and scraping the food and residue off and it’s still isn’t clean at the end of this.
We suggest looking for non-stick cooking surfaces. It’ll make your cleaning life so much easier but also mean you don’t have to use oil for cooking, resulting in a healthier lifestyle overall. Look out for surfaces that are smooth on one side and rigid on the other.
The Top 10 Electric Grills You Can Buy
We’ve included models of varying prices as to accommodate almost any budget. We want everyone to have a chance to experience the electric grill of their dreams.
So, are you ready to hop right into the top ten list? Great! let’s go!
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Electric Grills
- Factors To Consider When Buying an Electric Grill
- The Top 10 Electric Grills You Can Buy
- 10. George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 9. Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
- 8. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- 7. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Bistro Electric Grill
- 6. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- 5. Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill
- 4. T-fal OptiGrill Electric Grill
- 3. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 2. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- 1. George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate
- What is the best electric grill for your money?
10. George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This amazing grill gives you 15+ servings at one time! It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. Take it with you to your favorite tailgating spot and have a party!
Did you know that this grill is apartment-approved? Your landlord will never have any worries with this fully electric grill that gives you high-quality grilling without any charcoal, propane, or flare-ups.
Experience the ease and convenience of adjustable temperature controls. Did you know that grilling your food at the perfect temperature is what makes it taste so good? The temperature probe allows you to choose from 5 different heat settings.
This grill comes with a non-stick coating to ensure that your food never gets stuck to the grates during cooking.
Enjoy how easy to clean this grill is!
- Comes with a convenient fat-removing slope that takes away up to 42% of fat
- Grill includes a dishwasher-safe drip tray that collects excess fat and grease
- Enjoy the removable stand so you can easily set this electric grill on your countertop
- Grill plate is not removable
- One user said that the grill was “cheaply made” however, many folks dispute this claim
9. Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
Get the grilled flavor that you know and love with less smoke!
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this amazing grill, “This grill produces less smoke than traditional indoor grills, so you can enjoy perfectly grilled food year-round without having to brave the cold weather. To achieve that perfectly smoke-free grilling indoors, the drip tray must be filled with water between the minimum and maximum line. The water instantly cools the grease that falls on it, preventing it from sticking to the tray or from smoking”.
Experience the ease and convenience of temperature control settings with just the turn of a knob. This grill goes from warm to sear in a matter of seconds.
You’ll love the large cooking surface that can accommodate things like chicken, steaks, and burgers. Yum!
This grill is dishwasher safe.
- No dangerous fumes, cool-touch handles and overheat auto shut-off protection offer added safety so you can cook without worry, 1120 Watts and 120 Volts
- Grill comes with a 1-year hassle-free warranty
- Never have any charred smell while cooking
- Some users claim that there is a slight level of smoke
- One buyer said that the drip pan peels over time
8. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
This amazing 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, and full griddle and half grill/griddle. No wonder it’s an Amazon Bestseller!
Dimensions: 13.50 L x 11.50 W x 7.12 H inches.
You’ll love the brushed stainless steel housing of this grill which makes it very easy to clean and wipe down after use. The floating cover adjusts to the thickness of the food.
Experience the convenience of the removable and reversible nonstick cooking plates that drain grease for healthy cooking as well as the integrated drip pan.
- Removable and reversible dishwasher-safe cooking plates with nonstick coating
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights
- Product built according to North American Electrical Standards
- A little pricey
- Some reviewers claim that the warranty isn’t very good on this grill
7. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Bistro Electric Grill
For decades, Char-Broil has been a leader in the grill industry, and for good reason. The 320 square inch grill surface area can handle 8 to 12 hamburgers at once!
Experience the glory of the electric TRU-Infrared cooking system that allows you to cook your food evenly with fewer flare-ups. You’ll get juicier food every time you cook!
The grill features porcelain-coated premium cooking grates that are resistant to rust and very easy-to-clean.
- Compact and stylish design with wheels so you can easily move the grill where you need it
- A wonderful option if you can’t use gas or charcoal
- Leaves a very small carbon footprint
- Some complaints of the grill not getting hot enough
- A reviewer claims the grill leaves cold spots in meats
6. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
This indoor electric grill is perfect for the countertop.
The surface is made to evenly distribute heat over the entire area for optimal cooking conditions. The grill plate is fully embedded with heating elements.
The grill comes with a tempered glass lid to keep food juicy and cooking evenly.
The lid can also keep already grilled food warm and toasty.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this grill, “Perfectly grilled food to your preference with the detachable, adjustable thermostat. Easy-to-clean with non-stick grill plate and removable non-stick drip tray. Simply wipe the grill plate and empty the drip tray”.
- Extra-large cooking surface
- Thermostat grills according to your preference
- Easy cleanup due to the nonstick surface
- Some users claim the nonstick coating begins to wear off after a short amount of time
- The removable drip pan is not nonstick which makes it hard to clean
5. Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill
This portable electric grill is just what the grill master ordered with its 145-square inch grilling area and telescoping stand.
You’ll love how this grill can cook 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish all at once!
The powerful 1500 WATT, 5120 BTU burner, and porcelain-enameled grill grate cook your food. So tender and juicy! Carry this briefcase-style grill with you anywhere!
And get this…no assembly required!
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this grill, “The electric grill not only shines when it’s loaded with food, but also when you’re on the move, as the grill is a breeze to transport, set up, and store. The grill includes the thoughtfully designed VersaStand, an easy-to-use, easy-to-set-up grill stand that keeps the grill at a comfortable cooking height.
The VersaStand sets up and packs away in seconds, giving you more time to enjoy the event and less time worrying about the hassles of putting your barbecue together. In fact, the grill and stand are so convenient to transport, carry, and set up, you won’t think twice about tossing it in the trunk of your car”.
- 120 Volt / 60Hz. Plugs into standard electrical outlet; stand set up and pack away in seconds
- Only weighs 17 pounds
- An affordable alternative to charcoal or gas
- A reviewer says the grill doesn’t get hot enough
- Some reports of the grill being hard to clean
4. T-fal OptiGrill Electric Grill
This grill is truly quite economical because it is the first electric grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods that it is cooking. Impressive!
The 6 automatic cooking programs allow you to cook and grill things like hamburger, poultry, sandwiches, sausages, steaks, and fish. The cooking surface measures out to 600 square centimeters.
You’ll know when the grill is nice and hot with the preheating/ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and well-done.
Here is what the manufacturer has to say about this grill, “Die-cast aluminum and removable nonstick plates for effortless food release and cleaning; dishwasher-safe drip tray and plates. Refer the complete user guide before using the product”.
- Equipped with 2 cook modes
- Comes in a 4 serving and 8 serving size
- Very easy to clean with removable plates
- A little on the pricey side
3. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Do you like grilling steaks, chicken, fish, and burgers? How about vegetables? Do you enjoy grilling these foods indoors? Well, this is the grill for you! The Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is equipped with a nonstick grill surface that measures 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches.
It has been designed with variable heat control so that your food is evenly cooked. You’ll love the safe, cool-to-the-touch handles and housing of this grill.
Know that the grill disassembles easily for cleaning. The drip-tray is dishwasher safe.
Overall, measures 12-5/8 x 18-3/4 x 3-inches.
- Large, nonstick grilling surface
- Designed with safety in mind and will not heat unless installed correctly
- Easy-to-understand instruction manual
- Some reviewers claim the grill doesn’t have enough heating power
- Very light base made from plastic
2. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
A very simple yet effective grill model that gets the job done. Enjoy burgers and steak from the comforts of your own home and never step a foot outside while doing it!
This amazing little grill automatically drains grease from food into a drip tray. The cool touch base surrounds the grilling surface on the front and back sides to keep you from burning yourself.
The Control master heat maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically for even cooking of your food.
This device fits in almost all dishwashers and standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets for convenient storage.
- Comes with a bonus spatula
- Max temperature goes all the way up to 400 degrees F
- Does not have a lid or top
- Sides are made of plastic and may not hold up well over time
1. George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate
For a very long time, George Forman has been making electric indoor grills that are proving to be a better option than most charcoal and propane grills. This 4-serving indoor grill provides enough space for 4 large portions of meat that the entire family will enjoy.
The exclusive fat removing design leaves you with lean cuts of meat that aren’t caked in grease so you can enjoy your food, guilt-free.
Experience the advanced nonstick coating that has twice the durability of previous coatings on prior models. This removes the need for excess oils and butter during cooking.
Removable plates make for easy cleanup as they are dishwasher safe. The grill also comes with an adjustable floating hinge. The 1-inch adjustable floating hinge accommodates a variety of cuts of meat and vegetables.
- Exclusive fat removing design
- 3-year limited warranty
- Makes meals in 10 minutes
- Sort of on the small side
- Initial use can cause a bit of smoking
What is the best electric grill for your money?
So, if you like grills and want to try one that is electric, we hope you’ve found something on our list that tickles your taste buds.
Just because a grill is electric doesn’t mean it has to be solely used indoors. If you like the concept of an electric grill but still want to be out in the great outdoors while you cook, you may want to consider purchasing the Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand.
Many of these grills can be used both in and out of doors. We love all of them and their designs.
However, one grill stuck out to us more than any of the others and that is why it got put in our number 1 spot. If you are looking for a small, portable grill that gets the job done we want you to consider the George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press.
This grill is affordable, powerful, and prepares your meat with less fat! George Forman is a leader in the electric grill industry.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of the top 10 best electric grills on Amazon.