As the weather starts to get colder the cozy blankets start to come out of the linen closet. What if you could have a blanket that actually takes warmth to the next level by heating itself?
Electric blankets do just that! They keep you warm and toasty when the weather is cold and frigid. What makes the top electric blanket?
In this list, you’ll see the top 10 electric blankets that Amazon has to offer. From brands like Sunbeam and Serta, we’ve found top manufacturers that you know and trust.
Electric blankets are a great item to pack with you when traveling or camping. Imagine getting off a long flight, checking into your hotel room, and being able to nestle into your own electric blanket. Talk about comfort on the road! Or, you can sit around the campfire wrapped in warmth and never shiver while asleep in your tent when you have an electric blanket. Just don’t forget an extension cord!
The Benefits of Electric Blankets
These blankets have come a long way since they first came out some 50 years ago. They are safer, better looking, and warmer. Many electric blankets come with adjustable heat settings so you can control how warm you want to be. There are so many choices available to help you discover the perfect electric blanket for your needs. Here are some of the top benefits.
Less Expensive Than Heating
The most popular reason people purchase electric blankets is that they provide heat without the extortionate costs of central heating. Instead of heating the entire room, you can focus on generating heat only on your body.
So, if you find you put the heating on just so you’re toasty at night, it must be more energy-efficient and cost-saving to purchase an electric blanket instead. Even if you spend a large amount on a cozy electric blanket, you’ll save a huge fortune in the long run.
Electric blankets are great for reducing pain, in particular, arthritis. The heat produced by the electric blank triggers your body to block out any pain signals, so you can feel relaxed and comfortable.
By targeting the heat on your body, this also increases the blood circulation around your body so you can remain more flexible and not experience sore joints or tight muscles.
Electric blankets can also cause instant relief from pain so you can finally get a good night’s sleep without any disturbances.
Improve Your Mood
Did you know that electric blankets have been proven to improve your mood? This is because your body uses its own energy to keep warm. But when you apply a heated blanket on yourself, your body can reserve this energy, which makes you happier and chilled.
To boost your mood even more, we recommend purchases a soft and fluffy blanket that feels good to wrap yourself up in. Having something to cuddle can trigger happy emotions so you instantly feel in a better mood.
Help You Have a Better Night’s Sleep
There are many factors that can affect your sleep, such as noise and light. But, the temperature can also contribute to a poor night’s sleep. If you’re constantly too cold and then too hot in the night, your internal body clock will tell you to wake up and it can be difficult to get back to sleep.
On the other hand, an electric blanket offers a comfortable and cozy space to get warm and cozy before drifting off into a peaceful night’s sleep. Sleeping with an electric blanket switched on keeps your body at a consistent temperature so you’ll have a night of healthier sleep.
Choosing The Best Electric Blanket For You
Now it’s time to refine your search so you can discover the most suitable electric blanket for you. Here are the top factors to remember.
An electric blanket needs wires to operate. But, if you’re concerned that they’ll disrupt your sleep or look messy, you can invest in a blanket with thin and flexible wires so you can tuck them in and no-one will notice them.
If you like to play around with different temperatures, we recommend looking at electric blankets that have several options. Many of the best blankets also feature an auto shut-off device so once they reach the optimum temperature, it’ll stop and switch off.
Aside from heat, comfort is the most important factor with a blanket. Look at customer reviews to discover what customers had to say about the material. Are you looking for a fluffy blanket or one that’s thin so you can easily transport it when watching TV on the couch?
The Top 10 Best Electric Blankets to Buy
The colors, textures, and sizes of electric blankets vary so you can choose one that suits your needs and individuality. These blankets are great for keeping the whole family warm all winter long.
Let’s get to the top 10 list so you can find yours!
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Electric Blankets
- Choosing The Best Electric Blanket For You
- The Top 10 Best Electric Blankets to Buy
- 10. Perfect Fit SertaHeated Micro Fleece and Sherpa
- 9. Sunbeam Queen Electric Heated Blanket
- 8. Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket
- 7. Sunbeam Quilted Fleece Heated Blanket
- 6. Biddeford Blankets Comfort Knit Heated Blanket
- 5. SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Ultra Soft Plush Electric
- 4. Shavel Home Products Thermee Electric Blanket
- 3. MaxKare Electric Heated Throw Blanket
- 2. Stalwart Electric Car Blanket
- 1. Beautyrest Plush Heated Throw Blanket
- What heated blanket will I be using this winter?
10. Perfect Fit SertaHeated Micro Fleece and Sherpa
Serta is known as a leader in the world of bedding. From mattresses to blankets, this company does it all. Electric blankets are another niche that Serta has under its belt and we are delighted by that fact.
The Perfect Fit SertaHeated Micros Fleece and Sherpa Throw comes with 5 heat settings on an easy-to-use controller so you get the level of warmth that suits you. You get to choose from 6 brilliant colors to match your mood and home settings.
Plus, this throw is reversible!
The materials are made from 100% polyester micro plush that feels super soft to the touch. Enjoy the Sherpa lining for an extra cozy experience.
- Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the features of this electric blanket, “Easy to use controller has 5-heat settings to maintain your own perfect comfort level; Controller has an 8.5′ power cord for easy placement; built-in 4-hour automatic shut off for safety, power savings and convenience”.
This throw measures 50″ x 60″.
- Can be washed conveniently in the machine
- Comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Perfect for the couch, recliner, or bed
- A few reviewers claimed the blanket stopped working after a few months of use
- A user stated that the blanket doesn’t get warm enough
9. Sunbeam Queen Electric Heated Blanket
You can have a velvet plush electric blanket with a whopping 20 heat settings. The SunBeam Queen comes in a lovely dusty blue color and looks stunning on your bed.
SunBeam is noted as being America’s #1 Electric Heated Blanket manufacturer and this model proves it. Did you know that by using this electric blanket you can save money on your heat bill? Simply turn down the thermostat and turn up the dial on your blanket. After all, you do have 20 settings to choose from.
You’ll love how easy this blanket is to use with its multi-setting controller with 20 heat levels, selectable auto-off, and preheat features.
- Extra soft plush material made from 100% polyester
- Includes Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Fully machine washable and dryer safe
- The blanket has been made to work with 110V electrical systems so users outside of North America may need to use a converter when using
- A reviewer claimed the wires on the inside of the blanket can be felt from the outside
8. Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket
Another wonderfully heated blanket by SunBeam. This micro plush model is meant for a twin bed or chair and comes in a neutral mushroom shade. Other sizes and colors are available.
Experience the technology of the ComfortTec controller with the digital display and push-button controls for easy use. Use the pre-heat feature to warm up your cold sheets before getting into bed.
This model has 10 heat settings and a 10-hour auto-off function for safety and convenience.
Did you know that this blanket has a built-in sensor and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth? How convenient!
- 100% polyester micro plush material that is super soft to the touch and keeps you warm
- Queen and king size models come equipped with 2 controllers for ease of use on both sides of the bed
- Affordable prices
- A user claims the blanket stopped working after it was washed
- Other reviewers claim the blanket stopped working after a few months of use
7. Sunbeam Quilted Fleece Heated Blanket
Wow! SunBeam has really won us over with their products. These heated blankets are fabulous!
This model is a for a twin heated blanket that comes in Newport Blue. Of course, other sizes and colors are available.
Enjoy the 100% polyester material that this blanket is made from that provides you with a soft and cozy experience. The channel design literally hugs your body in warmth and comfort during those long, cold nights. ThermoFine technology auto-adjusts for consistent heat control.
The easy-to-use EasySet Pro Controller includes 10 heat settings so you can choose the level of warmth that you desire. The controller also features a 10-hour auto shutoff function for safety and peace of mind.
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- The soft and durable blanket is both machines washable and dryer safe
- 160 GSM per side (320 total)
- A reviewer claims the blanket quit working after 7 months of use
- Another buyer said that the upper heat settings get a bit too hot
This listing is for a queen size comfort knit blanket with built-in heating mechanisms. The color is sage. You can choose a different size at check-out if you prefer. Sizes range from twin to king.
This 100% polyester blanket will keep you warm and cozy on those long, cold nights. You’ll love the level of therapeutic warmth this blanket gives you.
This blanket has been imported. Enjoy the 10 personal heat settings that can be adjusted to meet your needs at any given time. Guess what else? This blanket comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- Packaged in a reusable zipper bag with a handle
- Queen/king sizes come with 2 heat controllers
- A reviewer claims the blanket stopped working after only a few months of use
- Another claims the blanket doesn’t get as warm as he thought it would
5. SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Ultra Soft Plush Electric
This gorgeous blanket is large, fluffy, plush, and warm. it is equipped with a triple rib design. Made from super soft micro-fiber plush fabric that not only keeps you warm but looks attractive and modern on your bed.
The blanket is divided into two separate zones and includes dual lighted controls for personal comfort and adjustment.
This amazing automatic electric blanket turns off after 10 hours of continuous use as a convenient safety feature. This feature also saves you money on your electric bill.
This queen sized blanket measures 84″ x 90″. Other sizes and colors are available.
- Equipped with an easy grasp turn knob
- Large backlit easy-to-read numbers with an auto-dimming feature
- Silent when adjusting the temperature
- A bit on the pricey side
- Some reviewers say the blanket gets way to hot due to the heat reflective layer
4. Shavel Home Products Thermee Electric Blanket
This plush California King blanket that will keep you super warm and comfy. This model is also available in twin, full, and queen sizes as well as a variety of colors and patterns.
Wrap yourself in the sheer comfort of 100% polyester material and feel the luxuriously soft and warm innovative 7 layers of quilted micro flannel comfort.
Get this…unlike most microfiber blankets this material does not “pill up’ or shrink when washed in the machine or dried in the dryer.
- Patent pending micro-flannel adds warmth, comfort, and dimension to this oversized blanket
- Soft wire heating technology throughout with 8 secure heat settings that offer 10 hours of continuous warmth before automatically shutting off
- The convenient 16-foot electrical cord that has been ETL tested
- A user said the blanket stopped working after a short time
- Another buyer said that the blanket itself is great but he wasn’t impressed with the controller
This amazing blanket gives you full-body comfort with its fast heating mechanisms. Cradle yourself in 60 inches of soft heat as this blanket warms between 95 and 113 degrees F.
One side of this blanket is silky flannel while the other is sherpa shu velveteen. The two work together in harmony to bring you warmth and comfort.
Feel safe in knowing that after 4 hours of continuous use this blanket automatically turns itself off as a safety feature. No worries if you ever forget to turn the blanket off as it will never overheat.
The detachable controller allows for convenient machine washing and dryer drying.
- By comparison to other blankets like it, the MakKare electric blanket is relatively affordable
- Long power cable at just under 10 ft.
- Can be used as a non-electric blanket by detaching the cable
- Only comes in one color
2. Stalwart Electric Car Blanket
This blanket is super cool because it has literally been dubbed as the “car blanket”. It is equipped with a 12-volt electric plug that can be used in any car, truck, SUV, or RV cigarette lighter port. The blanket stays warm and cozy until you unplug it.
The cord is super long at a whopping 96 inches! Your passengers in the backseat can enjoy this blanket without a problem. Take this amazing blanket with you on road trips and business trips.
The lightweight design stays warm without weighing you down. It also folds easily for convenient storing in your trunk.
Product details: Dimensions: 59” (L) x 43” (W), Cord length: 96”. Material: 100% Polyester. Color: Blue. Care: Spot clean only- do not machine wash. Includes storage case with handles.
- Extremely affordable
- Makes a great gift
- Super soft fleece material
- Is not equipped with an automatic shut-off feature
- No temperature adjustment controller
1. Beautyrest Plush Heated Throw Blanket
When it comes to comfort and reliability you can’t compete with Beauty Rest. This oversized lavender blanket comes in at a whopping 60″ x 70″! Note that other colors/patterns are available.
This blanket is made from 100% polyester and is imported. You’ll love the new technology of the heated throw that utilizes state of the art Secure Comfort heated technology that adjusts the temperature of your blanket based on the overall temperature of your environment.
According to the manufacturer, “…This unique technology also emits virtually no electromagnetic field emissions, so you can snuggle up with confidence”.
Check out the features as listed by the manufacturer: Stylish comfort; heated throw/blanket/wrap with Ogee printed pattern comes with ultra-thin wires. It comes with a controller featuring 3 heat settings and 2-hour auto shut off.
- Super soft microfiber plush fabric that will not pill
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Oversized design allows for multiple uses
- A few reviewers claim the blanket stopped working after a few uses
What heated blanket will I be using this winter?
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of the top 10 best electric blankets that Amazon has to offer. From varying sizes, colors, and temperature settings we are sure there is something for everyone to choose from.
If you’re looking for something large and meant for a bed you might want to consider the SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Ultra Soft Plush Electric Heated Warming Blanket. It’s plush, huge, and super warm.
Or, maybe you’d like an affordable blanket to take on the road with you. Check out the Stalwart Electric Car Blanket.
We are absolutely smitten by all the blankets we have listed for you, However, we did need to narrow down our number one spot so we decided to go with the Beautyrest Plush Heated Throw Blanket.
You honestly can’t beat Beauty Rest. This blanket is warm, comes with a variety of features, and has an attractive pattern.
Which electric blanket will you choose?