If you enjoy making dried fruits, herbs, and jerky, we sense that the Top Dehydrator is right up your alley. No longer do you have to purchase these types of snacks from your grocery store or gas station. You can make them in the comforts of your own home!
And get this, you’ll save money by doing so! Plus, making your own dehydrated foods are healthier because you get to be in charge of what other ingredients go into them.
So, how do you know which food dehydrator to choose from? There are so many different makes and models on the market. This is why we took it upon ourselves to search Amazon for you and find the top 10 dehydrators for you.
On our list, you’ll see brands like Excalibur and Nesco. We’ve included large and small dehydrators that both the advanced and novice chefs can appreciate.
We’ve also kept budgets in mind when compiling our list. You’ll see an array of prices to choose from. We want everyone to have the chance to own the food dehydrator of their dreams.
Are you ready to get to the list? Great! Let’s hop to it.
Table of Contents
- 10. Excalibur Food Dehydrator
- 9. MAGIC MILL Food Dehydrator
- 8. Chefman Food Dehydrator Machine
- 7. Presto 06301 Dehydro Digital
- 6. Ivation 6 Tray Premium Electric
- 5. Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital
- 4. Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
- 3. Nesco FD-1018A Food Dehydrator
- 2. Presto 06300 Dehydro Electric
- 1. Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food
- We Chose The Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food As Our Top Choice…
10. Excalibur Food Dehydrator
Did you know that this amazing dehydrator comes with a 10-year warranty? We can totally understand why! It’s pretty phenomenal.
You see, this Excalibur dehydrator comes equipped with 9-drying trays that total 15 square ft of space. This gives you plenty of room for drying all sorts of snacks.
The patented Hyperwave Technology and Horizontal Parallex drying remove all moisture from food with a continuous circulation of thermostatically-controlled warm air.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the dial in temperature control feature, “The Excalibur 3900B Deluxe Dehydrator features built-in on/off switch and adjustable thermostat temperature control ranging from 105 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe to dehydrate meat for jerky. The 7-inch fan, heating element, and thermostat are in the back of the unit, so cool air is drawn in, heated and then distributed evenly over each tray”.
- Proudly made in the USA
- Great for preppers, large families, gardeners, and sportsmen
- Able to dry herbs for spice mixes, teas, and more
- Very expensive at just under $194
- Does not come with a timer
9. MAGIC MILL Food Dehydrator
This Magic Mill model rolls in at just under $160. It is spacious and comes with 9 trays. However, the company also offers a 6-tray option.
Enjoy the digital thermostat and timer that will help you choose your own temp and time. The machine will run for 19.5 continuous hours.
The rear-mounted fan has been designed to promote even drying without causing the device to overheat. The adjustable thermostat automatically shuts off when foods have reached their optimal dehydration levels.
- Great machine for drying foods to preserve
- The machine is made with BPA-free materials
- Comes with 9 spacious, stainless steel drying racks
- A bit on the pricey side
- This machine is not expandable
8. Chefman Food Dehydrator Machine
We love this Chefman food dehydrator for more reasons than one. This item is listed as an Amazon’s Choice item, too. for just under $100, this dehydrator is everything it is cracked up to be.
Let’s take a look at what the company has to say, “The Chefman dehydrator allows you to naturally preserve and extend the life of your food and save money by buying fresh foods and making healthy dehydrated snacks at home that you can store for longer periods of time”.
The dehydrator comes complete with digital temperature controls, timer and auto shutoff, and the ability to dry a variety of foods.
- Optimal airflow for even drying of food
- Can dehydrate meat, veggies, fruit, and herbs
- Runs for 19.5 continuous hours
- Fruit leather sheets have to be bought separately
- Some complaints that the dehydrator works too slowly in comparison to other brands
7. Presto 06301 Dehydro Digital
This 6-tray dehydrating system is able to dry foods just as well as the other big name brands, and for a fraction of the cost. You’ll be happy to know that this Presto dehydrator comes in at just under $70.
You can easily make fruit leather, dried herbs, and jerky with this little powerhouse. You can even dehydrate seafood and poultry!
Here’s what comes with the machine: Includes six drying trays (expands up to 12 trays), two fruit roll sheets, two nonstick mesh screens trays, and cover are dishwasher safe.
- Equipped with a digital thermostat and timer
- Bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent air flow
- You never have to rotate the trays during drying
- Smaller than other dehydrators
- Some reports of uneven heating, however, there are far more reports of the machine working great in this area
6. Ivation 6 Tray Premium Electric
Here we have another great dehydrator for a great price. The Ivation model comes in at just under $100.
Feel free to dry fruit slices, herbs, jerky, and much more. This dehydrator allows you to preserve food in a healthy and economical way.
Here are a few things the manufacturer had to say about the machine, “Rear-Mounted Fan Is Designed To Promote Even Drying with Optimal Airflow Without Overheating, and an Adjustable Thermostat with Automatic Shutoff Timer Ensures That Foods Are Dehydrated At Their Optimal Temperature and Crispiness”.
- Comes with 6 spacious drying racks
- Equipped with a digital thermostat
- Meets all ETL regulations
- Some complaints of the dehydrator being large and bulky
5. Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital
The design of this food dehydrator differs slightly from the other models, and that’s why we like it so much. Most food dehydrators will only run for 19.5 continuous hours but the Hamilton beach model goes for 48!
This dehydrator comes with a transparent lid so you can see your food dehydrating. Kids love it.
The adjustable thermostat lets you adjust the drying temperature whenever you feel it is needed.
a thoughtful product description from the company, “Looking for snack options that are high in nutrients but low in calories? Want to offer your family delicious food options to dress up morning oatmeal or replace that bag of potato chips at lunch? The Hamilton Beach Food Dehydrator helps accomplish these goals by taking food preparation to the next level. It opens the door to endless possibilities deemed too difficult to do in the past. With five stackable drying trays and 500 watts of power, it’s easy to dry a variety of fruits and vegetables and even make beef jerky. The continuous airflow feature provides even drying, eliminating the need to rotate trays. This dehydrator includes an adjustable thermometer for better performance and a timer with automatic shutoff. A food dehydrator lets you to make healthy foods at home like crunchy green beans or dried sweet potato sticks. Have a sweet tooth? Banana chips or dried apples with cinnamon are the perfect fix. And since the fruits are not bogged down with additives or preservatives, their natural sweetness shines. The Hamilton Beach Food Dehydrator comes with two specialty sheets for added versatility. Use the mesh sheet to dry garden herbs for year-round enjoyment, or puree summer fruits and spread on the solid sheet for homemade fruit rolls. Wholesome, home-made snacks for the entire family. Now that’s Good Thinking”.
- Comes with 5 stackable trays
- Equipped with 500 watts of power
- Continuous airflow for even drying
- Some reviewers wish the dehydrator came with more trays
- A few complaints of the machine suddenly not working
4. Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
This is a nice little dehydrator that doesn’t take up to much counter space. We like the low price of this model as it is just under $67.
The Cuisinart dehydrator can dry a variety of herbs, fruits, veggies, and more. Know that you are preserving fresh foods without additives or preservatives.
You can even dry flowers in this machine to create fragrant potpourri.
- Equipped with a top venting system
- Comes with a fruit roll-up sheet
- Adjustable thermostat
- Some reports of the dehydrator not working after just a few uses
- Trays aren’t very big
3. Nesco FD-1018A Food Dehydrator
This amazing Nesco food dehydrator is packing 1000 watts of power. It dries foods in hours, not days. What a time and energy saver!
The device is equipped with Converga-flow drying stem that pushes heated air up and across each tray. You’ll appreciate the adjustable thermostat.
The dehydrator comes with 8 dishwasher-safe trays and expands up to 30 trays! Talk about a tower od dehydration.
- Comes with an instruction booklet and a jerky spice packet
- Made in the USA with domestic parts
- Designed to block light from getting to the food
- A touch pricey at just under $108
2. Presto 06300 Dehydro Electric
Here is a totally economical and budget-friendly food dehydrator by the Presto company. This modest dehydrator comes rolling in at just under $39.
If you are a first-time dehydrator or live in a small space, you may want to consider this 4-tray system. Create your own dried foods with no additives or preservatives.
The see-through cover allows you to watch your food as it goes through the dehydration process. The bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent air flow for even and balanced drying.
- Drying trays and cover are dishwasher safe
- Drying trays nest for compact storage and the cord stores in the base of the machine
- The device can expand up to eight trays
- Some reports of having to rotate trays to ensure proper and balanced drying
1. Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food
Nesco does it again with another great food dehydrator for an affordable cost. This powerful machine can be all yours for just under $55.
Enjoy the adjustable thermostat5 so that your foods are always being dehydrated at the proper temperature. The powerful top mounted fan gives you 600 watts of drying energy.
The item comes with 5 trays but can expand up to 12. That means you can dry a lot of fruits, veggies, and meats!
- Opaque vita-save exterior helps block harmful light which destroys nutritional content of food
- Equipped with patented Converga-flow drying technology
- Made in the USA
- Some people don’t like the top-mounted fan as they claim it doesn’t provide even heat during the drying process
We Chose The Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food As Our Top Choice…
We have provided you with 10 highly rated food dehydrators from Amazon. Each one of these models gets our stamp of approval for unique reasons. However, we had to choose a dehydrator for our top spot so we decided to go with the Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food.
We love this model because it is affordable, easy to use, and is expandable. You can go from 5 trays of food to a tower of 12. We love to have options. This model also comes with patented Converga-flow drying technology.
So, which one of these food dehydrators will you be buying today? We highly recommend you go with our top choice, but please know, any dehydrator on this list is stellar.
Once you decide, click on the yellow Amazon button to conveniently make your purchase.