There isn’t much that’s more fun than a trip to the beach. Something about the sun, the sand, and the water makes life seem simpler and easier. Do you want to know what the top boogie board? While swimming in the waves and lounging about in the sunshine is lovely, for a rich and exciting trip to the beach, consider bringing a fun water toy like a boogie board. While surfboards will require you to have special skills to enjoy using them, boogie boards are fun for anybody in most ocean conditions.
You can choose between a very affordable and lightweight board that you won’t be afraid to ride hard and risk losing or a higher quality board that allows you the versatility to ride on your belly, your knees, or even standing up. A versatile, high-quality board will allow you to develop your skills using one board, so you can start out by just riding on your belly and work your way up to standing on the board as your skills develop.
Boogie boards have a tendency to run away from us while we are enjoying them in the ocean, so make sure you choose a board that has a tether you are comfortable with. The classic tether for boogie boards is a long swivel design, but this classic design has a tendency to get hooked up on your legs or on the board while you are paddling or riding. Boards that are equipped with a coiled rope design will allow you to keep your board close while never getting tangled, and prevent you from feeling the extent of the snap when the board reaches the end of the tether.
Whatever boogie board you choose, choose a color that you will be able to easily find in the water, and make sure your board is of the correct size for your height and body type. Table of Contents
Table of Contents
10. Play Platoon BEACON BODYBOARDS – Bodyboard with Wrist Leash
This boogie board will let you ride faster with the high-density polyethylene that gives a super slick bottom that will allow you to ride the waves at your top speed. The design is strong and durable, built to last with an expanded polystyrene core, so this boogie board is strong and durable, as well as being lightweight and buoyant. A wrist leash is included with this boogie board so you won’t lose your board when you wipe out. This 33-inch bodyboard comes with an automatic one-year warranty and comes in your choice of green or blue.
- super slick bottom for fast speed
- expanded polystyrene core for durable and lightweight construction
- 1-year warranty
- only comes in 2 colors, both of which are easy to lose in the ocean
- straightforward boogie board that does not offer the features of more expensive models
9. California Board Company MMAG Bodyboard
This good-looking boogie board has a molded contour deck for the most comfort on the water. The arm wells allow locked in fit so you won’t slide off the board. The waterproof expanded polystyrene core gives you a lightweight but durable construction. The polyethylene bottom is slick and high-density for the fastest speeds. This boogie board features a crescent tail design so that you can control your ride better. The included coil wrist leash has a swivel design so that it will not get knotted up.
- crescent tail designed to help you control your ride
- Arm wells allow locked-in fit
- expanded polystyrene core for lightweight construction
- the company cannot guarantee what color you will receive
- At just under $70 this is an expensive board for the features available
8. H2O 39” Bodyboard Surfboard for Kids – Durable Fiberclad Deck
If you are shopping for a cool body board for a younger surfer in your family, consider this durable graphic bodyboard by H2O. Nine different eye-catching designs let your child express herself and make it easy to see and keep track of this boogie board in the water. The construction of fiber clad deck and bottom and a phuzion core make this board both durable and lightweight. The smooth bottom is designed to give you speed on the water. A leash plug is pre-installed and the detachable wrist strap will allow you to keep track of your boogie board.
- cool board for kids with customizable graphics
- designed for beginner bodyboarders
- the plug is pre-installed and leashes are included
- at around $40, this is an expensive kids boogie board for the features included
- graphics will peel off and fade over time
7. Big Lizard Pro Series Body Boards Body Boards
If you are looking for a professional quality body board for a reasonable price, consider these well-designed boards by Big Lizard. Choose between two sizes for a board that is customized to your height. The two-color design of these boards will make it easy for you to see which side should be up.
A retention wrist leash is built in and adjustable so that you can keep track of your boogie board. The EPS core of this boogie board is heat shielded to prevent bubbles, to offer you high performance and excellent buoyancy. The XPE deck offers a smooth surface for your skin to rest against.
- reversible colors help you decide which side is up
- built-in retention wrist leash is adjustable
- EPS core is heat sealed to prevent bubbling
- only comes in solid colors
- at from 35 to $45, this is an expensive boogie board for the features
- some color choices will be easy to lose in the water
6. Beach Attack Pack’ – WAVE WEAPON Super Lightweight Body-board
This rugged bodyboard offers lots of great features for a reasonable price from 40 to $50. the coiled bodyboard leash that is included with this body-board will allow you to comfortably wear the wrist strap and keep the board close to you while you are on it without getting tangled in the cord, but will still allow you to hold onto the board when it gets away from you without abruptly snapping against your wrist.
Fin tethers are also included, so you can keep your fins attached to your ankles as well. The speed slick bottom of this boogie board will help you go fast over the water, while the EPS core allows it to be durable and lightweight.
- comes with coiled bodyboard leash for comfortable control over your bodyboard
- included fin tether to keep track of your fins while boogie boarding
- ETS core makes for lightweight and durable construction
- only comes in three colors, two of which are easy to lose in the water
- only comes in solid colors, no graphics
5. Bo-Toys Body Board Lightweight with EPS Core
The cool board comes with an eye-catching design so that you will look great and also be able to keep track of your boogie board in the water. The EPS core provides for lightweight construction, while the heat lamination technology will prevent your boogie board from bubbling. This board is constructed to be lightweight and rigid allowing you more maneuverability and increased speeds.
The high-density polyethylene bottom is super slick and has channels and a crescent tail to help you control your ride. 60/40 rails give you great maneuverability so you’ll look skilled out on the water.
- the included leash with the wristband to keep track of your board
- super slick bottom with channels and crescent tail along with 60/40 rails give you excellent control and maneuverability
- the graphic may fade or peel with use
- the wristband is not coiled so you may get tangled in it while boogie boarding
4.BPS STORM Bodyboard – includes PREMIUM Coiled Leash and Swim Fin
This good-looking bodyboard comes with a coiled bodyboard leash and a set of fin tethers along with the high-quality lightweight board, so you will be ready to go with all of your boogie boarding needs met for under $50. This bodyboard is incredibly light and has a high-speed super slick bottom. It is lightweight due to the EPS core and offers increased steering abilities due to the bottom rear channels and crescent tail. You can choose between four fun colors and three sizes to choose a boogie board that is customized for you.
- coiled bodyboard leash and fin tethers included
- high-speed super slick bottom
- lightweight EPS core
- some color options will be easy to lose in the water
- design and color contrast is not very attractive
3. Lucky Bums Body Board with EPS Core Slick Bottom and Leash
The dynamic design of this bodyboard offers 60/40 rails and rear channels for ultimate control, as well as a high-density polyethylene slick bottom to provide you with the fastest ride over the water. The EPS core enables this boogie board to be lightweight and durable. This board comes with a leash that is ready to go right out of the box. Choose between five fun colors for a look that is customized for you.
- 60/40 rail and rear channels for control on the water
- high-density polyethylene slick bottom for a fast ride
- leash attached to this board is ready to go right out of the box
- the non-coiled leash may get wrapped around you while you are boogie boarding
- only comes in solid colors, two of which are easy to lose in the water
2. e-joy Super Lightweight Body board with Coiled Leash
This lightweight bodyboard includes a coiled wrist leash and gives you a great ride with lots of control for a very reasonable price under $35. This board comes in a range of bright, fun colors to help you stand out in the water. The board feels compact so that you will find it easy to control in the water. The lightweight body of the board will allow you fast rides, while the coiled leash allows you to keep track of your board without causing you to get tangled up in the leash.
- comes in a range of fun colors
- coiled leash included
- lightweight and powerful control for a reasonable price
- only comes in solid colors, several of which are easy to lose in the water
- does not offer to rib under the bottom for more control
1. Morey Cruiser 42.5″ Body Board
If you are serious about boogie boarding, consider this effective and durable board. The crescent tail will help you to steer this board, while the simple design enables you to enjoy riding on your stomach, on your knees or even standing up. The PhuzionTM Core makes this boogie board extremely lightweight and is heat laminated so that you will never deal with bubbling or other problems with this board. While at just under $70, this board isn’t cheap, the high-quality design that allows you to utilize the board on your belly, on your knees, or standing makes this a versatile board that is worth the money.
- crescent tail to help you steer the board
- the design enables you to ride on your stomach, knees, or standing up
- lightweight and durable core
- does not come with the coiled leash
- only comes in a couple of colors
Which should you buy?
For a bodyboard that can take you to the next level of surfing on a boogie board, consider the versatile Morey Cruiser. This board will allow you to ride on your belly, your knees, or standing up so that you can have a fun ride no matter your skill level or what the waves are like.
This rugged board will last you through lots of rides and crashes. A wrist leash is included so that you can keep track of your bored, and the crescent tail enables you to steer your board with ease. The bright colors that this board comes in will allow you to keep track of it in the water.