Bringing a new baby home is one of the most exciting things any new parent can do. You leave the hospital and head out on your journey to a challenging new world. If you had your baby at home, well, your new world just began at the birth of your baby.
Baby bathtubs come in all different shapes and sizes. In this top 10 list, we cover some of the best models known to man. You’ll see a variety of design and brands. Speaking of brands, we have trusted names like Fisher-Price, The First Years, and Angelcare.
How To Choose a Baby Bathtub
It’s important to have all the infant supplies ready to go, at your home. Having the top baby bathtub is important. Your new baby will be far too small for the large family tub for many months to come. You want your new little bundle of joy to be safe, right? Here are some important factors to consider throughout your search.
The Cleaning Involved
You’ll have to clean your baby’s bathtub for general maintenance, but some designs are easier to clean than others. For example, a bathtub with many crevices requires a longer clean, but a simple shape only takes a few minutes to clean.
It’s essential that you choose the perfect size for your baby to keep them safe while you’re bathing them. A large size means your baby has more room to move around in, which can increase the chances of them drowning. A tub that’s too small can be uncomfortable and distressing for them, while making it hair to perform a thorough clean.
To choose the best option for your baby, we suggest checking the manufacturer’s guideline for weight and size measurements that suit your baby.
One of the scariest aspects of bathing your baby is getting the temperature just right. Many high-end baby bathtubs are equipped with a strip or digital temperature gauge to show you the temperature. The temperature should always be below 120 degrees, and you can double-check by dipping your elbow in the water. Also, you can purchase a temperature gauge separately and attach this to the bathtub.
When your baby is having a bath and they’re lathered in baby products, bathtime can get slippery. To reduce any chances of accidents, we suggest purchasing a bathtub with a non-skid surface. Some baths come with foam cushions, although these can be dangerous should your baby tear off a piece and swallow it.
The First Time You Bathe Your Baby
If it’s time to bathe your baby, you may need some guidance on a procedure to follow and what steps to take for a thorough and safe wash. Below are our top tips.
Wash Their Face First
Dip a washcloth in warm water and gently wipe their eyes, working outward. Completely wet the cloth and gently wipe their face, especially around their mouth and under the chin as this is where milk tends to stick. Then, use another part of the cloth to clean inside and around their ears, making sure that the cloth is damp so water doesn’t travel down their eye canal.
Shampoo Their Hair
Next, reach for a baby shampoo that’s tear-free and wipe their head with a washcloth. Lather your baby’s scalp with a mixture of water and shampoo. Wash all over, even on the soft spot. If you remain gentle, you won’t hurt your baby.
Rinse and Dry
Finally, it’s time to remove any product off your baby. Use clean, warm water to rinse it away and fill a cup to pour water over their head. When you’re sure all the product is removed, gently dry them using a soft towel with a patting motion. Make sure to dry all areas – including their bottom and any folds of skin. All the while, make sure you’re being gentle and patient to not stress them.
The Top 10 Best Baby Bathtubs To Choose
We want you to feel confident in our picks, and having notable brands with many reviews and high star ratings is a way to do that. Each of these products has positive reviews that have impressed us.
Are you ready to get a baby bathtub for your precious cargo? Great! Let’s find our rubber ducky and head on over to the list.
Table of Contents
- How To Choose a Baby Bathtub
- The First Time You Bathe Your Baby
- The Top 10 Best Baby Bathtubs To Choose
- 10. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub
- 9. Angelcare Baby Bath Support
- 8. The First Years Sure Comfort Newborn To Toddler Tub
- 7. Summer Infant Comfort Height Bath Tub
- 6. PRIMO EuroBath
- 5. Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub
- 4. Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather
- 3. Mommy’s Helper Inflatable Bath Tub
- 2. Shnuggle Baby Bath Tub
- 1. Blooming Bath Lotus
- Why We Chose Blooming Bath Lotus As Our Top Choice…
10. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub
This Fisher Price baby bathtub is perfect for newborn infants all the way up to the toddler years. The tub comes with a 4 stage design made to accommodate babies of all sizes.
Enjoy the safety and comfort of the newborn infant sling that cradles your new baby as you give him or her a soothing bath. This sling is intended for stage 1.
The stage 2 design includes a “baby stopper” insert that prevents your little one from slipping. Stage 3 is equipped with a sit-me-up support aid. Stage 4 turns the tub into a roomy toddler vessel.
- 4-in-1 stage tub that grows with your child
- Built-in plug makes the tub easy to drain and keep dry
- Tub comes equipped with a hanging hook for easy storage
- Complaints of the spongy padding for the baby’s head gets dirty easily and is hard to clean
- Plus is underneath the support seat so the tub cannot be drained while the infant is in it
9. Angelcare Baby Bath Support
This simple and basic baby bathtub can be yours for just under $15. It is hygienic and resistant to mildew. The mesh material allows water to easily drain from the bath support frame and it dries fast.
You can place this bathtub directly into the family bathtub and use on a daily basis if needed. You’ll enjoy the ergonomic design which is made for your baby’s security and comfort as well as your own.
- Made with a soft-touch material that is gentle on baby’s skin
- Very easy to store with a convenient hanging loop
- Made from durable, lightweight plastic
- Not a great pick for baby boys as the bottom plastic part puts pressure on their boy parts, as reported by a user
8. The First Years Sure Comfort Newborn To Toddler Tub
This is a wonderful baby bathtub that carries your little one through the newborn to toddler years. The tub sports an ergonomic design that cradles your baby during bathtime. It comes with a mesh sling and padded headrest to provide extra comfort and support for newborns.
As your baby gets older, they can easily sit up in the tub and lots of room to splash and play. This tub was voted as the Best baby bathtub in BabyCenter’s Moms’ Picks 2014.
The tub is affordable at just under $20.
- The tub is a simple, one-piece design that makes transitioning between stage a breeze
- Comes with a built-in drain plug for quick water drainage
- Supports babies from birth up to 25 pounds
- The built-in support hump that is meant for infants who no longer requires the sling, causes a red mark from pressure on infants who are using the sling
7. Summer Infant Comfort Height Bath Tub
This is a great baby bathtub because you can raise the height of the tub to comfortably meet you where you’re at. No more leaning over the family tub in order to reach and wash your baby. The extra platform raises the tub and ensures the safety of both you and your child.
This tub is meant for newborns to toddlers who are 2 years of age. The tub grows with your child! This tub comes rolling in at just under $22.
The large tub size supports your older child while he or she sits up and allows plenty of room for play. The newborn feature provides a supportive incline that is comfortable, safe, and secure.
- The tub can be used in the family bathtub or sink
- The infant insert is easily removable
- The sturdy platform can be used as a step stool
- Some users report that the tub tends to slip and slide when placed in the family bathtub
6. PRIMO EuroBath
This aesthetic baby bathtub makes bathing your little one safe and fun. The tub is made in the USA and is BPA-free. It is known as the largest and safest baby bathtub available.
You can bathe your child in two positions. The reclining position is for babies aged 0-6 months. The toddler position is a sitting position and is meant for little ones who are ages 6 to 24 months.
you’ll appreciate the uniquely contoured shape that supports your baby’s back, arms, and legs. The design helps prevent your child from slipping under the water.
- Keeps your baby comfortable, warm, and safe during bath time
- Equipped with a built-in drain plug for easy cleanup
- Made from BPA, PVC, phthalate, lead-free material
- The tub is very large so it may not fit in some family baths
5. Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub
This affordable ducky tub comes rolling in at just under $12. It is cute, inflatable, and toddlers love it.
The tub is equipped with a white-hot safety disc that turns white when the water is too hot. This protects your little one from getting burnt. That’s a remarkable feature!
This padded tub makes big tubs comfy, cozy, and more enjoyable for your child. It is great for travel and deflates and folds, easily.
- Bottom of the tub is textured so your little one won’t slip
- Comes in either a duck or swan design
- Perfect for babies who can sit up
- Not recommended for babies under 6 months of age
- Can pop if punctured
4. Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather
This is a wonderfully affordable baby bath accessory. It can be yours for just under $12. The tub is equipped with a 3-position recline for your child’s safety and comfort. It can be used in both the sink or adult bathtub.
You’ll appreciate the head support feature that cradles your little one’s head.
The tub is great for travel and storing as it folds flat for a compact fit. The fabric of the tub is removable and machine washable.
- The tub is quite portable and can be used pretty much anywhere
- Meant for newborns to baby’s who can sit, unassisted
- Mesh sling is soft and very easy to clean
- Some complaints of the mesh sling not having any “give” therefore not cradling the baby
3. Mommy’s Helper Inflatable Bath Tub
Here, we have another adorable inflatable tub that is meant for babies between the ages of 6 and 24 months. This tub comes rolling in at just under $13.
You’ll love the cute froggy design and so will your child. The materials that make up this tub are 100% phthalate-free. Have the peace of mind knowing that your child isn’t bathing in chemicals.
The tub itself is safe, padded, and spacious. Your little one can splash, play, and enjoy his or her bathtime.
- Equipped with a saddle horn that keeps your baby from slipping and sliding
- Convenient drain plug in the bottom of the tub for easy water release
- Very easy to inflate and deflate
- Not suitable for babies under the age of 6 months or children who cannot sit up on their own
2. Shnuggle Baby Bath Tub
This large, spacious baby bathtub can be yours for just under $50. It is made with a gorgeous design that sports smooth curves and a flowing roll top. The size is compact and very easy to store.
This tun only uses 2 liters of water! This will help you conserve more water during bath time. This tub is suitable for newborns to babies who are 12 months of age.
Your baby will love the comfortable foam backrest that stays warm when there is warm water in the tub. The tub is equipped with non-slip gripper feet so the tub stays in place when in the adult tub or sink.
- Lightweight and very easy to transport
- Tub helps baby to learn to sit
- Once the baby can support his own head, the tub allows you to bath your child, hands-free
- No place for dirty water to flow out when you wish to rinse the soap off your baby
1. Blooming Bath Lotus
We love the concept of this Lotus baby bath! It is honestly one of the best ways to comfortably bathe your little one. The bath mat can be yours for just under $40.
This is a great alternative to traditional baby bathtubs. The super soft and cuddly material is cradling, snuggly, and warm during bath time. Your baby will feel secure and safe.
The four petal design fits sinks, optimally. This bath mat is recommended for newborns to 6 months of age. It is a great companion for transitioning to the larger bathtub. The bath mat comes in 6 vibrant colors.
- Very easy to dry and store
- A safer alternative to traditional baby bathtubs
- Wide petals cradle baby and keep her safe
- Easy to clean and machine washable
- Dries very slowly. Cannot be machine dried
Why We Chose Blooming Bath Lotus As Our Top Choice…
Wow! That’s a lot of baby bathtub information. However, we want you to be informed. Choosing a tub for your little bundle of joy is a big decision. You want your baby to be safe, secure, and comfortable. we get it.
We stand behind all 10 of these great products. The reviews are outstanding and the star ratings are high. However, we had to choose one baby bathtub for our #1 spot. So, we decided to go with the Blooming Bath Lotus.
This “tub” is uniquely designed and differs from traditional models. It is actually a mat and not a tub. It fits in your sink for safe and ergonomic baby bathing. no more leaning over the tub! It is designed to cradle your baby with four soft petals and to keep them safe and sound.
Which one of these baby bathtubs will you be ordering, today? We hope you’ll go with our top pick, but know that whichever model you choose, it’ll be a great choice.
Be sure to click on the yellow Amazon button when you are ready to make your selection. This ensures a seamless, safe checkout experience.