What makes the top pillowcase? Not much beats a good night of sleep, and comfortable pillowcases are an important component of a good night’s sleep. Your face rests directly against the pillowcase all night, and so it is exceptionally important that your pillowcase protects you from any allergens that your pillow might collect. What are the top 10 pillowcase sets?
Important Reasons You Should Change Your Pillowcases Regularly
Before we share the top 10 pillowcases on the market right now, let’s take a look at some of the important reasons for changing your pillowcase regularly.
Protect Your Hair
You might not have considered how a pillowcase can damage your hair before, but it is often overlooked. Cotton fabrics, in particular, can contribute towards hair breakage, frizz, and split ends.
If you have the opportunity to increase your budget, we suggest switching your cotton fabrics to silk. This material is much kinder to your skin and hair and you won’t wake up every morning with hair that’s out of control.
If you’re suffering from a cold, it’s important that you regularly change your pillowcase so that bacteria isn’t lingering which can then affect your immune system.
Also, by not properly maintaining and taking care of your pillowcase, you’re making your body more vulnerable to infections such as asthma and respiratory diseases.
Prevent Dust Mites and Bed Bugs
These creatures love an unclean bed. To prevent them from entering your bed, we suggest properly zipping or closing your pillowcase to prevent them from entering.
Regularly change your pillowcase and bedding as another way of preventing them from getting in your bed in the first place.
Factors To Consider When Buying a New Pillowcase
If you have back or neck pain you may have invested in a high-quality pillow that cost a lot of money. You will want a pillowcase that can protect this valuable pillow in the long term.
There are so many options on the market that you’re stuck for choice. Fortunately, we’ve broken down some important factors into components so you know exactly what you’re looking for throughout your search.
Waterproof pillowcases provide a comfortable, pleasant surface for you to rest your face against and don’t restrict the therapeutic benefits of the pillow, but they protect against accidental spills and wear and tear like drool. If you have young children, a waterproof pillowcase is essential. Why be afraid to enjoy breakfast in bed? Just protect your valuable pillows from damage.
If you enjoy a feather pillow, you may know how they can accumulate an unpleasant odor or release feathers over the years. A good pillowcase can protect the feathers inside, making the pillow last longer while protecting you from unpleasant odors or pokey feathers.
The material is an important consideration in your pillow, whether or not it has waterproofing or allergen protection qualities. Some pillows are cooling, perfect on hot summer nights. Cooling pillowcases provide a cooling sensation while you sleep, and no matter which side you turn over, they’ll remain cool. They also dissipate heat quicker than traditional fabrics, making them ideal for summer nights.
Pillows made of high-quality, high-count Egyptian cotton feel wonderful against your skin while heavy cotton pillows are warm and long-lasting. Polyester feels soft and is more affordable than other materials, although it will not last as long. Bamboo is naturally soothing and is a good choice for those with allergies. Bamboo wicks moisture away, keeping your face dry while you sleep. This material is naturally hypoallergenic and prevents the odor-causing bacteria from growing in your bed.
You might not have thoroughly thought about the size of your pillowcase, but this feature matters. Think about the size of pillows you’re choosing so you can acquire a proper fit, and your pillowcases don’t slip off in the night.
Currently, in the United States, there are four standard pillow sizes. This includes 20 x 26 inches, 26 x 26 inches, 20 x 36 inches, and the Boudoir pillow, which is for decoration and comes in smaller sizes.
Consider the amount of room you have on your bed, and if you’ll share the pillow with your partner, or prefer to have a smaller size that takes up less room. You also don’t want the size to look out of place in your bedroom, so bear this factor in mind also.
Many pillowcases come with allergen-free protection that prevents dust mites and common allergies entering your pillowcases and getting into contact with your skin. Some of the best pillowcases can reduce skin irritations and discomfort since they’re free from chemicals and pesticides.
Your pillowcase may also tend to get dirtier faster than the rest of your sheets, and so it is important that you be able to clean it easily. Choose a pillowcase that is easy to clean and remove from your pillow. By regular washing your pillowcase covers, they will remain sanitized free from odors, and hygienic.
Before purchasing a pillowcase, we suggest looking at the instructions on how to clean and look after the pillowcase. You may also want to check the position you sleep in, your skin type and other factors.
The Top 10 Pillowcases To Buy
We’ve searched the Internet for the top 10 pillowcases based on the factors we addressed earlier. Let’s take a look at our findings so you can refine your search.
Table of Contents
- Important Reasons You Should Change Your Pillowcases Regularly
- Factors To Consider When Buying a New Pillowcase
- The Top 10 Pillowcases To Buy
- 10. Pinzon 170 Gram Flannel Pillowcases
- 9. Elegant Comfort 1500 Thread Count Wrinkle & Fade Resistant
- 8. ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Pillowcase and Hypoallergenic
- 7. ZIMASILK 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin
- 6. Allersoft 100% Cotton Bed Bug, Dust Mite & Allergy Control
- 5. Mellanni Luxury Pillowcase Set – Brushed Microfiber 1800 Bedding
- 4. White Cotton standard pillowcases set of 2-200TC Heavy Weight
- 3. Zen Bamboo Ultra Soft Pillow Case Premium and Eco-friendly
- 2. NTBAY 100% Brushed Microfiber Pillowcases Soft and Cozy
- 1.HC Collection 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Quality
- Which should you buy?
10. Pinzon 170 Gram Flannel Pillowcases
If you want a high quality 100% cotton pillow but you can’t afford to spend too much on it, these affordable pillowcases may be exactly what you’ve been looking for. These pillowcases have a velvety feel and a heavy flannel weight to feel cozy while you sleep. The 4-inch hem gives a quality appearance. These pillowcases are machine washable and dryable for conveniently clean pillowcases every time you go to bed.
- 100% cotton
- Affordable for two pillowcases
- Heavy flannel weight and velvety feel
- Flat sheet barely covers the sides of the mattress
- Very warm, best used in winter
9. Elegant Comfort 1500 Thread Count Wrinkle & Fade Resistant
These pillowcases give you a wide variety of colors in a soft microfiber fabric. These pillowcases are breathable as well as being stronger and softer than cotton. They are hypoallergenic as well and utilize strong stitching to prevent tears. This fabric is antimicrobial, unlike cotton, which might harbor pests or mildew. Fibers are brushed and conditioned meticulously for ultimate softness.
- Soft as a 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton
- Cleans with just a cold water wash and tumble dry so frequent cleaning is easy
- Fabric feels very different from cotton and may feel strange if you are accustomed to cotton
- Doesn’t feel like Egyptian cotton
8. ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Pillowcase and Hypoallergenic
These beautiful pillowcases are made of 100% silk that is 600 thread count, so you will feel like luxury every time you go to bed. Silk is extremely smooth and is naturally strong, breathable, and hypoallergenic. Silk feels cool against your skin and will not create static that causes the bed hair like other fabrics. These pillowcases are handmade with a quality that counts.
- Dye is natural no matter what color you choose, so you know these pillowcases are fully hypoallergenic
- 100% silk
- Handmade with excellent quality
- The relatively low thread count of 600 means these pillowcases don’t feel very soft
- Feels delicate and not suitable for machine washing
7. ZIMASILK 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin
These gorgeous pillowcases seem to glow on your bed. 100% mulberry silk comes in a variety of beautiful colors. These pillowcases rival synthetic material pillowcases in price. Neat stitching gives these pillowcases good durability against everyday wear and tear. The silk is naturally smooth and breathable, as well as being hypoallergenic.
- Silk pillowcases won’t create bedhead and split ends like other materials
- Won’t irritate skin, helping to prevent wrinkles
- Naturally hypoallergenic and breathable
- Worth going up a level in quality for the price difference
6. Allersoft 100% Cotton Bed Bug, Dust Mite & Allergy Control
This 100% cotton pillow protector features an auto lock zipper that ensures you are protected from dust mites, allergens, and bedbugs. The cotton is breathable but woven super-tight for protection. Most allergen barriers create an airtight barrier that makes for a hot and uncomfortable pillow, but Allersoft creates a breathable barrier that will be cool to your skin.
- Lifetime warranty
- The trusted brand for allergy protection
- Only breathable allergen protection pillow
- Doesn’t feel very soft
- Doesn’t fit memory foam pillows well
5. Mellanni Luxury Pillowcase Set – Brushed Microfiber 1800 Bedding
These polyester pillowcases come at a reasonable price. They come in a range of lovely colors and patterns so you can find the perfect fit for your decor. These pillowcases are very easy to care for. They will resist fading, staining, shrinking, and wrinkling with simple machine washing on cold and low tumble dry. These means that you can frequently wash your pillowcases and have them back on the bed in no time.
- High quality brushed microfiber will feel good for a long time.
- Resist fading, staining, shrinking, and wrinkling with simple machine washing on cold and low tumble dry.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Very thin and light feel is not desirable for many people
- Trim is only on one side
4. White Cotton standard pillowcases set of 2-200TC Heavy Weight
These extremely affordable blended fabric pillowcases are a great choice if you are trying to get good pillowcases on a budget. You get two pillowcases that are heavyweight and durable. A 200 thread count makes for a somewhat rough feel, but the blended polyester softens the cotton for an overall soft feel. These pillowcases won’t wrinkle or crease so they look good all the time.
- Machine wash and dry for a long time with these durable pillowcases
- Polyester blend keeps low thread count cotton from feeling too rough
- Very affordable
- White is extremely white and will make your other white things like dingy
- Very thin
3. Zen Bamboo Ultra Soft Pillow Case Premium and Eco-friendly
These attractive pillowcases are resistant to wrinkling and are hypoallergenic. They are made of 40% bamboo rayon and 60% brushed microfiber, for the perfect balance of breathability and softness. These pillowcases feel silky soft to the touch. They are resistant to fading so you won’t have to worry about the color changing over time. They can be washed in a machine and tumble dried on low or medium for quick cleaning.
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee is especially nice when ordering something like pillowcases
- Fade resistant
- Easy to clean
- Fabric feels thin
- Comes with strings from the factory on cases
2. NTBAY 100% Brushed Microfiber Pillowcases Soft and Cozy
These pillowcases are a great deal. You get four pillowcases for the price competitors charge for two. The high-quality microfiber is very breathable as well as being resistant to stains and wrinkles. The stitches are tight for durability and come in a range of fun, bright colors. Washing is easy in the machine on cold with tumble dry on low.
- Very affordable price
- Breathable, wrinkle and stain resistant
- Good for any season
- A little longer than they should be
- Grey color appears dull
1.HC Collection 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Quality
If you are looking for the ultimate softness and durability in a pillowcase, these may be right for you. These pillowcases are extremely high-quality microfiber that is double brushed on both sides to make the fabric softer and more breathable than pillowcases made of Egyptian cotton. These pillowcases won’t wrinkle and don’t need ironing. You can machine wash them conveniently.
- As soft as Egyptian cotton but much more affordable
- Double brushed microfiber
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Lightweight feel
- Grey has a hint of green
Which should you buy?
The HC Collection 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Quality 2pc Set of Pillow Cases, Silky Soft & Wrinkle Free (ALL COLORS/SIZES) are a good balance of affordability and quality. These pillowcases offer good breathability and a soft feel that feels a lot like Egyptian cotton for a fraction of the cost.
While these pillowcases may not last as long as cotton, they can perform as well while they last and can be replaced several times for the cost of cotton. The thin, soft quality of these pillowcases is best for people who tend to sleep warm.