With a gorgeous beachy scent and a beautiful bronze shimmer, this tanning oil offers light sun protection and is your natural version of Hawaiian Tropic!
The SPF of this oil is estimated at 4-8, so it is a tanning oil and is not meant to be used in place of a sunscreen.
Shelf Life: 1 year
Benefits: Coconut oil, avocado oil, and carrot seed oil all have SPF (approximately SPF 2-8 for coconut oil, SPF 5-10 for avocado oil, and SPF 3-5 for carrot seed oil), so they offer light skin protection.
All of the oils used, including the vitamin E and coconut essential oil, are great for hydrating your skin.
Tips and Tricks: The vanilla extract, coconut essential oil, and bronze mica powder are all optional and don’t contribute to the SPF properties of the oil.
We added them in because they make the oil smell AMAZING! The bronze mica powder also gives the oil a beautiful shimmer that will add a subtle glow to your skin.
The vitamin E oil is also optional as it too does not contribute to the SPF, but it is great for your skin and helps to extend the shelf life of the tanning oil.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial for making this natural tanning oil.
- 1⁄4 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon cold pressed carrot seed oil (not carrot seed essential oil)
- 5—10 drops vitamin E oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bronze mica powder (optional)
- 5—10 drops coconut essential oil (optional)
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Sanitized glass bottle.
- Put the ½ cup of fractioned coconut oil into a bowl
- Then add 2 tbsp of avocado oil, ½/ tsp of vanilla extract, 5-10 drops of coconut essential oil, 5-10 drops of vitamin E. oil, ½ tsp bronze mica powder, and 1 tsp of carrot seed oil.
- Once all of the ingredients are in the bowl, use your wisk to wisk it all together.
- Now that everything is mixed together, using a funnel, pour everything into your bottle.
Share on Pinterest
Want More Recipes Like This?
Then get yourself a copy of the Naturally Made downloadable guide with 150+ simple DIY recipes for a more natural, healthier body & happier home.
Each recipe is beautifully presented with stunning photography and will save you a fortune as you discover how to stop buying toxic products for your home, health and beauty regime and instead replace with better, greener and cheaper alternatives.
Get your copy here.