I am here to make your dinner dreams come true, folks. I have a ONE skillet dish that will be ready in no time with a quick ingredient list and tons of flavor!
I have a weekly mission to discover new delicious meals that require little to no clean up because I am lazy efficient! With as busy as life gets, I try to keep things simple during the week and leave the more extravagant dishes for the weekend.
After sleeping in on Saturday I might feel like getting my Julia Childs on and using more than one skillet, but weekdays? HECK no.
Other than quick clean up, I love all my flavors meshing together and grabbing a bite that is full of spices and savory elements that work together in the best way. You know the people that can’t eat foods that are touching each other?
Well, I don’t get those people. If that is you, I am sorry and I still want to be your friend…you just might not enjoy the yumminess we have going on in these parts today. BUT.
If you can get your wild side to play along, the sautéed onions with kielbasa sausage with bright vegetables and creamy sauce may just change your mind…and your WORLD.
How do we feel about turkey Kielbasa sausage? Am I weird for having a mild obsession about it?!
Okay, maybe not super-duper mild…
Regular sausage is delicious and loaded with the spicy goodness we love, but it’s also loaded with some things my bathroom scale kinda DOESN’T love, so Turkey Kielbasa is our compromise!
I tell you what…once you get it sizzling in the pan with the aromatics and it takes on that crusty/loveliness that cast iron skillets do extra beautifully, you will forget all about the fact that we are making smart responsible decisions here and be all… ‘How long till it hits ma’ mouth?!’
I am no vegetarian, obviously, but the star of this show isn’t even the kielbasa, believe it or not. No, anytime there are chewy soft edible pillows of love involved-a.k.a gnocchi-they always steal the show!
Gnocchi is forever in my life, proven by my recent gnocchi favorite Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Skillet or my go-to White Chicken Chili. Please tell me you have experienced the glory-in-your-mouth that is gnocchi?!<3
If you haven’t, life awaits you!
I definitely love the spices, but we are keeping things pretty minimal here. In order to make that situation work, I recommend using your favorite trusty tomato sauce!
If you are normal and don’t have a ‘trusty tomato sauce’ I suggest a garlic infused tomato sauce like the one mentioned in the notes of the recipe.
I love the strong garlic flavor with a hint of sweetness in this dish! It pairs so well with the smokey kielbasa and spicy diced tomatoes!
One Skillet. Pillowy Gnocchi. Smokey Kielbasa.
I think this is a done deal.
Hi friend, meet, Your Dinner!
- 1 package Turkey Kielbasa Sausage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 24 oz. Garlic Tomato Sauce*
- 16oz. gnocchi
- 8oz. frozen (or fresh) corn
- 8oz. frozen (or fresh) peas
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and peppers, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- (optional) 5-6 basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add chopped sausage and onions to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onions become translucent and sausage has browned.
- Add broth slowly to de-glaze the pan and lower heat to medium.
- Stir in frozen/fresh vegetables and spices and bring to a low simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mascarpone until combined. Add gnocchi, stirring to coat with sauce.
- After 2-3 minutes when gnocchi has absorbed liquid and become soft, stir in tomato sauce. Allow to cook on low for five minutes.
- Serve with fresh ribbons of basil.