Ever since it was created in the 1970’s, the process of reverse osmosis has become more well-known. Reverse osmosis systems are used a lot in private homes.
A lot of companies that bottle water also uses the process of reverse osmosis. The process of reverse osmosis involves making water go through a semipermeable membrane, that filters out a certain amount of impurities, depending on the size of the impurities.
If the impurities are very small, then they will remain in the water. Along with fewer impurities, water filtered by reverse osmosis also has a better taste.
The process of reverse osmosis takes out lead, iron, nitrates, sulfur-based nitrates, and a great variety of chemicals. All of those things make water taste very bad.
Water processed by reverse osmosis has a cleaner and fresher taste. To get this great tasting water, you do not have to only buy bottled water at the store, you can purchase a reverse osmosis system that you can use in your own home.
Not only will I review the top 10 best reverse osmosis water systems in 2018, I will also tell you what you need to look for when you are purchasing one of these water purification systems.
Table of Contents
- 10. Watts Premier Reverse Osmosis System
- 9. APEC Water Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- 8. Brondell H2O+ Circle Water Saving Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- 7. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- 6. Aquasana OptimH2O Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter
- 5. iSpring RCC7 High Capacity Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
- 4. APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- 3. Home Master Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- 2. Home Master TMULTRA Ultra Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- 1. Home Master Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Which Reverse Osmosis System Should You Buy?
10. Watts Premier Reverse Osmosis System
This reverse osmosis system is easy to install. It also has a high-end design chrome air gap faucet, sanitary filters that are easy to change with the push of a button, and the water it produces is crystal clear, high quality, and it has a delicious taste as well.
- It is relatively quiet.
- The filters can be changed in a timely manner.
- It comes with high-quality parts and easy-to-understand instructions.
- The water has a bit of a rubbery taste.
- The product is not as easy to install as it is suggested.
9. APEC Water Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
This high-quality reverse osmosis system was designed and created in the United States of America. It also has the only technology to get rid of ninety-nine percent of contaminants from arsenic to heavy metals. The filters last a long time and can treat tap or well water.
This system comes with a totally lead-free chrome faucet, FDA certified JG food grade tubing, and a one-year satisfaction guarantee. It also comes with quick connect fittings that do not require lock clips or steps to seal a leak and they are high quality as well.
- It is easy to install and maintain.
- It has true leak-free fittings.
- The loyalty support system is free and lasts as long as you have the product.
- The quality of the taste of this water is not good.
- Despite the claims that it does not leak, this system does leak.
8. Brondell H2O+ Circle Water Saving Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
With its water-saving technology, this water treatment system is ten times more efficient than conventional reverse osmosis systems. It has a designer chrome faucet with an integrated LED function that lets you know when the filter needs to be changed.
We will also love that the filters are easy to change. All we have to do is twist and seal a new filter on. It is non-electric, so we do not any pumps or electricity to change the filter.
- This system comes with a one-of-a-kind technology that allows the system to fill back up in about half the time as a traditional reverse osmosis system.
- The system is all in one sleek and compact case, so it is really space saving.
- The water tastes great and has no bad odor.
- It leaks very badly.
- The water pressure is very bad.
7. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
This system hooks up to the majority of standard faucets in a matter of minutes. It is also lightweight and does not require installation. Its compact size makes it perfect for college students, travelers, and residents, of apartments, condos, and retirement homes.
- It is easy to set up.
- The water it produces tastes better than tap water, water from a faucet filter, or store-bought bottled water.
- They have a long life.
- It takes a long time to fill up a gallon-sized jug.
- The rubber tubing is of poor quality.
6. Aquasana OptimH2O Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter
This reverse osmosis system gets rid of 99 percent of 77 contaminants from arsenic to lead.We can get up to thirty-five gallons of water per day from this system if we need it. Setting up this system is very simple and it does require a lot of maintenance.
The filters are easy to change. This system comes with the first set of professional filters and all the parts needed to assemble this system. The faucets are made of metal and we can choose from three color options: bronze, metal, and nickel.
- It preserves the minerals in the water that is good for our health and is typically lost in the process of reverse osmosis. These minerals include calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- It has a great appearance and it works great.
- The water tastes excellent.
- The water tastes bland.
- The connectors leak.
5. iSpring RCC7 High Capacity Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
This reverse osmosis water filtration system gets rid of 99 percent of over 1,000 contaminants to provide healthier and safer water. Everything that we will make with the water from this from baby food to ice cubes will stay a lot better than most of the bottled waters available on the market.
We can install this system usually within two hours. However, if we need it, industry-leading help is just a phone call away.
This system also fits into an area that made for a typical kitchen sink and it comes with all the necessary parts and instructions that are easy to understand.
The faucets are made out of beautiful European-designed brushed nickel faucets that are all metal. It also has a three-year manufacturer’s warranty and a lifetime support line.
- It tastes better than tap water.
- The filtering and tank equipment is well made.
- It eliminates calcium buildup on dishes.
- Its water output is slow.
- They clog the water system.
4. APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
This high-quality system was designed and assembled in the United States of America to ensure that this water will be good for our health and taste good as well. It also gets rid of 99 percent of 1,000 contaminants.
The filters last a long time and can treat our tap or well water and it has a clean and refreshing crisp taste that tastes better than bottled water. It comes with a 100 percent lead-free chrome faucet, FDA certified JG food grade tubing that will provide us with safe water that has no contaminants in it, and a one-year satisfaction guarantee.
- It is durable.
- It is noise free.
- The fittings are leak free.
- The tank fills up very slowly.
- The filters leak.
3. Home Master Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
The innovative design of this system solves the majority of the well-known problems that come with well-known reverse osmosis systems. The seven stages of filtration get out up to 98 percent of contaminants that produces very pure water.
Minerals like calcium and magnesium are added to water during the purification process to make the water taste better. The filters last a long time and are easy to change out. The water also flows twice as fast as other reverse osmosis systems.
- It is the best tasting water available.
- It has great water pressure.
- The water pressure is great.
- The fittings leak.
- It is rather noisy.
2. Home Master TMULTRA Ultra Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
The water that comes from this filter goes through an advanced filtration system and purification stages gets rid of 99 percent of contaminants from iron to lead. It can also filter well water.
The filters last long and are easy to change. It also flows faster than traditional reverse osmosis systems.
- The water is very pure.
- It has a good flow.
- It is easy to install.
- The tank is really small.
- The instruction manual is hard to understand.
1. Home Master Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
This system deserves solutions and not problems. Even for those of us that are truly health-conscious, will love how pure the water is and how great it tastes. The permeate pump will cut down on waste water by eighty percent and it increases water production by fifty percent.
- It is easy to install.
- It has easy-to-read instructions
- This system produces great tasting water
- The replacement filters are expensive.
- It does not produce cold water.
Which Reverse Osmosis System Should You Buy?
Now that I have reviewed some reverse osmosis systems, I am going to share with you what you need to know before you buy one of these systems. If you keep these things in mind when looking for a reverse osmosis system, you will get the right system for you and your family.
Be sure to watch out for deceptive people that will attempt to sell you a system that is not dependable and reliable. They say “knowledge is power”, so when you are armed with this information, like knowing how to know if a system has an effective filter is essential and you will be prepared to properly select a reverse osmosis system for your home.
A Filter That Works Fine
The best reverse osmosis system will have an effective filtering system. The filter is one of the most important parts of a reverse osmosis system. When the water is filtered, all of the impurities are being taken out.
If the filter does not work, then as we all know, the water will not be filtered properly. We must place our filter in the right place when we installing our reverse osmosis system. It is a good idea to watch your system being put together prior to you purchasing it.
Is the Machine Easy to Use And Maintain?
These machines need to be easy to use and keep running. They do not need to be hard for you to use. When you buy a reverse osmosis system, you should be able to get great tasting water with the push of a button.
You need to feel good about what the system you are going to buy. Some systems have a one-of-a-kind look, but do not work like they are supposed to. These complex systems may also cause the maintenance costs to go up.
The majority of reverse osmosis systems come with a dedicated faucet. These faucets should be made out of stainless steel.
How Long Will The Filter Last?
The filter needs to be very strong. If they are durable and well made, the maintenance costs for your system will go up. Filters that are not strong and well made, they will have to be replaced often.
When you purchase your system, be sure that the filter is a good one that will work well for a long while.
The Cost of The Reverse Osmosis System
The initial investment in one of these systems can be quite costly. If you pay more initially for a quality system, then you will never have to worry about replacing it.
However, if you purchase one that costs less, it could be of less quality. The low-cost systems cannot guarantee you that they will not rust, leak, or experience total failure.
How Much Energy The System Uses
You should try to pick out a water filtration system that is simple to use. It will save you the expense of having to have a plumber to repair your system. If the system stops working during the installation process, that can be quite costly.
It is a good idea to purchase a system that is easy to install. The filters of these systems also need to be easy to change or replace.
What About The Warranty?
When looking for a filtration system that does reverse osmosis, be sure it comes with a warranty. A lot of people that buy one of these systems do not think that it is important at first.
However, the longer you own one of these symptoms, the more important the warranty will become to you. Having a warranty that lasts even a few years will give you peace of mind in regards to your system.
Finally, after reviewing all of these systems that get impurities out of water, I believe that the best one that I reviewed is the Aquasana Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter. It produces great tasting, healthy water and can make up to thirty-five gallons of filtered water a day.
It is easy to install and maintain. With this system, you can drink healthy and clean water all day long and not run out of water. That is what makes this system the most optimal system to get rid of the bad things in water.