Pregnancy is a magical time for a mother and her developing baby. From the first month to the exciting weeks just before delivery, a woman’s body is constantly changing. One of the most common things these changes can bring is the inability to get comfortable. What makes the most comfortable pregnancy pillow?
Pregnancy pillows can make sleeping and relax so much better! The following list showcases some of our favorite pillows for moms-to-be. Whether you need full-body support or a better pillow for your neck and shoulders you’ll be certain to find what you’re looking for, here.
As your belly grows your need for support increases. Place a pregnancy pillow between your legs or behind your back as you sleep and cradle yourself with comfort. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Pregnancy pillows range in color, size, and texture depending on your individual needs. There are many brands to choose from that offer different qualities such as shape and even thread count. Why does thread count matter? Many women desire a soft pillow during pregnancy and a high thread count can provide this.
You’ll find the following list to be extensive and just what the OB doctor ordered.
Table of Contents
- 10. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
- 9. QUEEN ROSE 55“ Pregnancy Pillow
- 8. Cozy Bump Pink Cozy Pregnancy Pillow
- 7. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- 6. hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
- 5. Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
- 4. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
- 3. NUVU BABY Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- 2. Leachco Snoogle Chic Jersey Total Body Pillow
- 1. Moonlight Slumber – Comfort U
- What is the best pregnancy pillow for you?
10. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow in C Shape has been described as “the ultimate pregnancy pillow” and for good reason. This plush pillow literally cradles your changing body and provides you with all the comforts you need in order to get a good night’s sleep.
This innovative pillow replaces the need for multiple pillows by supporting your back, hips, knees, neck, and head. Enjoy the adjustable polyfill material that adapts to your belly and back when you went to succumb to sweet slumber.
You’ll not only love this pillow for sleeping but also for reading, nursing, and watching TV.
- Helps relived 3rd-trimester aches and pains
- Reduces sleep interruptions throughout the night
- Comes vacuum sealed so pillow will need fluffing after being unboxed
- Extra pillowcases are hard to come by for this product
9. QUEEN ROSE 55“ Pregnancy Pillow
This 100% hypoallergenic pregnancy pillow comes in at just under $60 and is worth every penny. The Queen Rose pregnancy pillow is an authorized seller so you know that you are getting a high-quality product. All other sellers who claim they are selling Queen Rose pillows are knockoffs.
You’ll enjoy the premium filling material inside of this pillow. High density and extra soft, the exclusive Bionic Polyethylene filling provides comfort for side sleeping. Your pillow retains its fluffiness even after prolonged use.
The QUEEN ROSE 55“ Pregnancy Pillow serves multi purposes such as sleeping, reading, watching TV, and a multitude of other things.
- Provides deep cradling comfort
- Creates belly support
- Difficult to wash
- Cover is flimsy
8. Cozy Bump Pink Cozy Pregnancy Pillow
The Cozy Bump is approved as a pregnancy pillow by OB/GYN doctors and Chiropractors so you know you are getting a high-quality product. This pillow is built to safely cradle your growing belly so you can sleep on your stomach.
You’ll be amazed by the built-in headrest that this pillow comes with. Support your neck and shoulder muscles in the most comfortable way. Take note of the wideness of the headrest.
Check out the raised central bump that provides gentle pressure to relieve lower back and hip pain for epic relaxation and rest.
- The raised ring is adjustable with a separate air chamber to fit your needs
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is easily inflated with an air pump
- Ob/Gyn and Chiropractor approved
- Air pump not included
- If overinflated, the pillow can be quite hard
7. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
An imported product that can be yours for just under $56 the Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow is one of the softest on the market. Fitted with a soft velvet cover and high density-density polyethylene filling, enjoy comfort at it’s finest. Take note that the filling of this pillow is scent-free.
Not only is this pillow suitable for the pregnant woman but for everyone else, too. Perhaps dad can use the pillow while feeding the new baby a bottle or during bonding time.
The outer cover of this pillow is extremely durable and hypoallergenic with improved brushed fabric.
- Supports back and aligns the spine
- An excellent nursing pillow
- Machine washable pillowcase with double zippers
- Flattens with little pressure
- Seams of the cover can unravel in the wash
6. hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
Not only does hiccapop have a fun name it also provides supreme support for your belly during pregnancy. This particular pillow has been described as the “ideal solution” for pregnancy discomfort.
It’s simple yet sleek design is 2-sided providing a different level of firmness for moms-to-be to choose from. Keep it soft under your tummy or firm behind your back…the choice is yours.
Did you know that proper belly support reduces swelling? Place the hiccapop pillow under your belly, behind your back, or between your knees and naturally reduce edema in your hands, legs, and feet.
Sleep soundly as you are cradled by the plush Velboa cover that is super soft, durable, and machine-wash safe.
- Features Airflow Ventilation Technology with CertPUR-US Foam
- Compact and portable for travel
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, and CFCs
- Very small, not a full-body pillow
- No noticeable difference between the two sides
5. Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
An affordable pregnancy pillow, the Boppy Side Sleeper can be yours for under $30. If your looking for simple comfort this pillow gives you the perfect support for your back and belly while side sleeping. Enjoy a feeling of all-over body stability while being nestled between 2 connected pillows.
The Bobby side Sleeper is fitted with a stretch panel in the middle so you can adjust the size as your baby bump grows.
Enjoy this pillow while lounging, napping, reading, or nursing your baby.
- The comfort that lasts through pregnancy and the postpartum months
- Ultra-soft slipcover
- The cover needs to be washed and dried every couple of days as it tends to stretch out too much after prolonged use
- Pillows are on the smaller side
4. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
Did you know that the Leachco body pillow is the first and true original Back ‘n Belly pillow? How can you go wrong with the original design? The thing that makes this pregnancy so special is that it provides both back and belly support at the same time.
Forget having to reposition your pillows during the night because the Leachco stays in place and keeps you comfortable until daybreak. The sleep design can even help elevate and align your hips.
For just under $62 this pregnancy pillow is a must-have for every expectant mother.
- Sham-style removable cover
- Made from cozy, warm polyester
- Can be used by mothers of different shapes and sizes and varying sleep preferences
- The top seam can cut into your shoulder
- Replacement covers are pricey
3. NUVU BABY Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
An excellent c-shaped pillow for under $40 the NUVU BABY Full Body Pregnancy Pillow is quite a steal. Experience the comfort this model can bring you as your baby bump continues to grow.
Made from 100% cotton, the cover is as a soft as a cloud. Enjoy the supportive c-shape design as you rest, read, or nurse your baby. A c-shape is specially designed to encourage a good night’s sleep for expectant mothers.
Did you know that this pillow isn’t only for pregnancy? Enjoy it during your post-partum months, too.
- Encourages safe and comfortable side-sleeping
- Perfect for snuggling on the bed or couch
- Makes a wonderful baby shower gift
- Slowly becomes flattened by daily use
- The cover is a bit flimsy
2. Leachco Snoogle Chic Jersey Total Body Pillow
Coming in at just under $75 the Leachco Snoogle is a unique pregnancy pillow that provides you with a wealth of comfort. The extra long midsection is the perfect size for total back and tummy support.
This pillow takes the place of many pillows so toss the extras aside and allow the Leachco Snoogle to cradle your pregnant body.
Experience the comforts of this patented designed pillow that was created by a registered nurse and mom!
- The large pillow that is very light, 2.1 pounds
- Material is lead-free
- Easy on-off zippered cover function
- Complaints that cover isn’t very soft and a bit scratchy
- The material tends to “pill up” when rubbed
1. Moonlight Slumber – Comfort U
This amazing pregnancy pillow by Moonlight Slumber is as grand as its name. For around $110 you can succumb to night after night of peaceful sleep during your pregnancy and after.
Made in the USA, this cotton pillow helps you get through the night by supporting your belly, back, hips, and neck all while regulating your body temperature and improving circulation with a u-shaped design.
Made from premium synthetic down, cradle yourself in complete comfort while lying between the comfort-U. Enjoy the hypoallergenic, odorless material that offers protection from dust mites.
- Cleans easily, machine washable
- Fusion Fiber Fill allows air to move freely through the material which helps pillow keep its shape
- Bottom of the u-shape sometimes sags after prolonged use
- Pillow is made from 3 smaller pillows stuffed into the case as reported by some users
What is the best pregnancy pillow for you?
Of all the pregnancy pillows on our list, we have determined that the Moonlight Slumber – Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow is our top choice. When looking for an all-over body support pillow during pregnancy and beyond, we’ve found it with this model.
Even though there have been a few cons listed from Amazing users, take note that the positive feedback far outweighs the negative. Many people report that this pillow is exactly what they are looking for in terms of back and belly support. Plus, the Moonlight Slumber brand is American made.
However, even though the Moonlight Slumber pillow is our number 1 choice, don’t let that discourage you from choosing from the other pregnancy pillows we have listed. All of them are great for pregnancy and provide a wealth of comfort in their own unique ways.