Time to Prepare: 15 minutes + cooling time
This lovely lip chap is so nourishing, and smells good enough to eat!
Shelf Life: 1 year
Benefits: We added honey to this recipe because it’s a humectant, which means it actually pulls moisture from the air and seals it into your skin! It’s also very soothing, making it great for chapped lips. Shea butter is ultra hydrating, has an SPF of 6, and contains vitamins A, E, and F, which are great for your skin.
Beeswax is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and full of antioxidants, making it great for soothing cracked lips. It also creates a barrier, protecting your lips from the elements, like cold dry winter air.
Tips and Tricks: Sub coconut oil for carrier oil of choice, sub shea butter for butter of choice, and sub vanilla extract for essential oil of choice.
Level of Difficulty: Medium Yields: 1.5 oz.
Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial for making this lip chap.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon beeswax pastilles (or grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- TOOLS AND SUPPLIES
- Double boiler (or a pot and metal bowl) d Bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Sanitized metal tins or lip chap tubes
- Use a double boiler or create one by filling a pot with water and placing your metal bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax into the boiler and stir until all of the ingredients have melted down.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the mixture is still warm add raw honey, vanilla extract, and vitamin E oil. Stir to
- Scoop into metal tins or lip chap tubes and set aside to cool.
No more chapped lips with this all natural lip chap!
Share on Pinterest
Want More Recipes Like This?
Then get yourself a copy of the Naturally Made downloadable guide with 150+ simple DIY recipes for a more natural, healthier body & happier home.
Each recipe is beautifully presented with stunning photography and will save you a fortune as you discover how to stop buying toxic products for your home, health and beauty regime and instead replace with better, greener and cheaper alternatives.
Get your copy here.