I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream…cake that is. I would definitely scream for ice cream cake, especially when it involves chunks of Oreo cookies and fudge sauce.
I’ve mentioned before that I never really loved ice cream when I was little. I mean really loved it. I would eat it for dessert and I would definitely chose it over cake, but it wasn’t a treat that I craved.
Fast forward years later and I’ve finally re-discovered my love for it. I still don’t crave it like the hubster does, but I definitely enjoy a scoop (or three) of my favorite flavor every now and then. And I’m kinda-sorta addicted to Ben & Jerry’s.
It’s a necessity that I always check out their flavors when I go grocery shopping, and when I have no willpower, I’ll buy a pint (or two).
Now let’s talk about ice cream cake! I’ve actually always loved this, as it’s something that I don’t have too often. Dairy Queen ice cream cakes are so good, I feel like I could devour the entire thing.
So when I wanted an ice cream cake a few weeks ago, but didn’t want to buy one for just the hubster and I, I decided to make my own instead. Pretty clever idea, right?
This Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream Cake contains an Oreo cookie crust and is filled with cookies and cream ice cream and swirled with hot fudge fudge. It’s creamy, delicious, and takes just minutes to make!
And even better, it only requires, four ingredients. So you can assemble this cake in no time and serve on those hot and humid days, or just when you need your ice cream fix.
To assemble this Cookie’s ‘N Cream Ice Cream Cake, simply crush some Oreo cookies into fine crumbs and mix with melted butter. Pat the mixture into a spring form pan and then top with a generous helping of ice cream.
The fudge on top is optional, but trust me, it makes this cake! Swirl as much (and I recommend a good dose) needed and then top with some cookie crumbs. Pop this baby into the freezer and let it firm up for at least two hours.
One slice of this Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream Cake and you’ll be wowed! This is one of the easiest (and tastiest) ice cream cakes that you can make. The crunch of the Oreos and sweet vanilla ice cream make the perfect flavor combination.
So the next time you’re craving an ice cream cake, skip the store-bought kind and make this Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream Cake instead! With only four ingredients and minimal prep work, you’ll be eating this frozen treat in no time!
- 25 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5-6 large scoops cookies and cream ice cream, slightly melted
- 4 tablespoons hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed so that it spreads easily
- ¼ cup crushed Oreo cookies, for topping
- Line a 9 inch spring form pan with tin foil, making sure it goes up the side of pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Oreo cookie crumbs and butter.
- Spoon mixture over bottom of pan in an even layer, gently patting with the back of a spoon.
- Scoop ice cream over crust and gently spread with a spatula, ensuring that the whole crust is covered.
- Pour hot fudge over cake and gently swirl with a knife.
- Top with additional crushed Oreo cookies.
- Cover and freeze until firm, for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, let thaw on counter for 5 minutes.
- Cut into slice and enjoy!