The yoga straps that you get for your mat are very important because they need to be perfect for you and your body. You are going to class to make sure that you can look and feel good, but you have no chance of that if you are using something that is not suited for you at all.
Consider for a moment what it will be like to get the right kind of mat going, and then remember that you can lay out the mat as it falls off your shoulder.
You want to pick the one that you know will feel good, and you need to pick the one that you think will fit your body. A lot of people will miss this part because they think that they can just buy anything.
You have to get something that you know will work, and you need to put some effort into the purchase process. You need to feel comfortable when you go to class, and you have to remember that you have better options when you read the whole list.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Yoga Straps
- Yoga Stretches to Use With Your Strap
- The 10 Best Yoga Straps
- 10. Fit Spirit Fitness Exercise Yoga Strap
- 9. Gaiam Yoga Strap
- 8. Peace Yoga Exercise Strap
- 7. Peace Yoga Stretching Exercise Strap
- 6. Clever Yoga Mat Strap Sling
- 5. FitLifestyleCo Yoga Strap
- 4. Clever Yoga Strap
- 3. Sport2People Stretch Out Strap
- 2. OPTP Stretch Out Strap
- 1. Yoga EVO Elastic Stretching Strap
- Which Yoga Strap Should You Buy?
The Benefits of Yoga Straps
Before we share the 10 best yoga straps available in 2019, let’s discuss some of the benefits of owning these and how they can improve your fitness and balance. First, they’re ideal for people with injuries and joint and muscle stiffness. Plus, they’re a great asset if you struggle with a standing pose due to balance difficulties. Most people who use a yoga strap claim that they help with flexibility and maximize their current yoga positions. Another benefit of yoga straps is that they can deepen your stretch by enabling you to reach a part of your leg you wouldn’t ordinarily without a strap.
Yoga Stretches to Use With Your Strap
This particular yoga stretch is great to improve your posture because how we stand and sit affects our stance and back. These straps provide a technique yoga instructors refer to as an anti-slump method, meaning you can learn and teach your body healthy posture techniques.
Place the strap tightly around your back and underneath your armpits and create an x-shape around your upper back to securely keep the strap in place. As you tighten the straps, your shoulders pull back and down to reset your posture to a healthy position. We recommend performing this exercise a couple of hours a day to improve your posture and see how this affects your breathing and mood.
Head to Toe
Use the strap to improve your alignment. Many of us struggle with the full potential of our hamstring muscles and can encounter tightness and even pain as we get into this stretch. The head-to-toe yoga stretch is a huge benefit to your posture and strengthens and elongates your legs.
Begin by straightening your lifted leg, so your hips move closer toward your ribcage. This allows you to stretch your hamstring muscles as much as possible, but we can often forget about the lower leg in this position. Using the strap, create a long loop that hooks from one end of the right thigh to your left foot. You should be able to access the loose part of the strap so you can tighten accordingly to improve your stretch. Press out through the ball of your foot as you stretch with the opposite leg. Stay in this position for 15 seconds before switching to the other side.
This yoga stretch adds strength in your legs and core and works great as a warm-up and for releasing tension and improving your balance and alignment.
Get into the position by sitting on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you. Place the strap under your armpits and across your back. With the strap, create a long loop so you can place the ball of your foot in the strap without bending your knees. To hold this position, you’ll need to engage your core and keep your legs as stretched and lengthened as possible. As you press through your legs more, you’re able to lift your back. Remain in this position for several seconds, all the while taking slow, deep breaths.
The 10 Best Yoga Straps
Below we reviewed the top 10 best yoga straps on the market in 2019.
10. Fit Spirit Fitness Exercise Yoga Strap
The Fit Spirit exercise yoga strap is perfect because it is a cotton strap that will fold up when you need it to. It is one of those soft straps that will feel like an old belt, and it will help you when you need something that you can just tug easily.
You need to know that you can yank on it and get it to the right length. That is what this strap does for you, and it will sit out of your any other time.
- This is a soft strap that is easy to tighten
- This is a soft strap that you can hook to your mat easily
- This strap does not have any buckles
- The strap might not be stiff enough for you
- The strap might not have the right color
9. Gaiam Yoga Strap
The Gaiam yoga strap is a standard in the industry because it is very reliable and nice to look at. It is a very soft fabric that you will enjoy when you are walking with your mat, and you do not have to worry about anything other than the kinds of poses you will do in class.
This strap works with all their mats, and it helps you to be sure that you have something that will support you as you make your way to class. The mat is stable, and your shoulder is free of tension.
- This strap is soft and very easy to use
- You can adjust it without any problem
- It will work really well for you when you have a Gaiam mat
- You might want something bigger
- You might want better color options
8. Peace Yoga Exercise Strap
The Peace Yoga strap will work great when you know for sure that you need to get something that will be easy on your hands. You are picking up this strap every day to figure out how you will get to yoga, and you do not have to worry about it tearing up your hands.
Remember that this is a lot easier than just having to haul around the mat with your two hands leaving you no way to do anything else.
- The strap is easy to get on your mat
- The strap will not tear up your hands when you are using it
- You can make it fit any length you need
- You might want something wider
- You might want something with a buckle
7. Peace Yoga Stretching Exercise Strap
This is a much thinner strap that you will enjoy when you want to be as minimalist as possible. You probably do not know how to get your mat to and from class without carrying it around and feeling like it is bulky, but you can fix most of your problems when you get this thin strap.
It will set upright on your shoulder, and you will notice that it feels just as nice as any other strap on the market.
- The strap is much thinner for those who need comfort
- It will fit any mat where you need some help
- The strap is a nice color for carrying your mat
- The strap might be too thin for you
- The strap might be the wrong color for you
6. Clever Yoga Mat Strap Sling
This is a simple sling that fits on both sides of your mat, and you just pull it off when you are at the study. This is one of the more simple options you have, and you should be sure that you have taken the time to get the mat on your shoulder before you leave the house.
Someone who has taken their time to get the right sling will be able to take many trips to the studio without worrying about how they will carry their mat. You are simplifying your life with this device.
- This is a simple sling that anyone can use on any mat
- This sling will be a lot simpler to get on your shoulder
- It pulls right off the mat when you are done
- This might be too simplistic for you
- You might want something that hooks on
5. FitLifestyleCo Yoga Strap
This is a durable strap that will help you when you want to get some stretch out of the strap. You want to be sure that it will flex some on your shoulder when you are carrying your mat, and you can do very well to use this one because it has the D ring that you can use to adjust everything.
You want to be able to stride to the studio without any problem, and the only way to do that is to use this strap today.
- The soft fabric is perfect for someone who needs some stretch
- The fabric will make you feel a lot better
- You can carry any mat with this strap
- You might want something wider
- You might want something with no stretch
4. Clever Yoga Strap
This is a much darker strap, but it will help you adjust and wrap it around any kind of mat you have. You get to take that mat to the studio, and you need to make sure that you have something that you will be happy with.
It could be a long trip to the studio, and you should remember that you can get something that is going to make it much easier for you to get to the class. You can lay your mat right there, and you should remember that you have a chance to get your mat on the ground for the next class.
- This is a very simple strap anyone can use
- The dark color will help you when that is what you need
- You can adjust with the rings easily
- This might not be the right color
- It might be too thick for you
3. Sport2People Stretch Out Strap
This is a very special yoga strap that you can use for a lot of different exercises because it was made with slots that will do this for you. You will get a lot more out of this strap because of the way that it was made, and you should remember that you can carry the mat with it.
This is a lot more simple than just using a basic strap, and you should be sure that you have figured out how it will fit on the mat that you take to class.
- This is a very good exercise strap that you can use
- It will care your mat to and from class all that you want
- The mat will roll out at any time when you are ready
- The strap might not work for your class
- You might want something shorter
2. OPTP Stretch Out Strap
This stretch out strap will come to you in one piece, and you can use it before every class because it will give you some resistance without being too intense. There are a lot of people who will notice that they can use this to make their next class fun, and you should be sure that you have strapped it to your mat to carry it to class. You will get a lot of function, and you will be able to use it every time you get to class.
- This strap is very simple to use before class
- The strap will carry your mat for you
- You can get it attached to any mat
- The strap might be too long
- The strap might be too thin for your liking
1. Yoga EVO Elastic Stretching Strap
This strap comes with the most obvious foot, and handholds, and it will be great for carrying your mat to your class. You need to make sure that you have a way of carrying your mat, and you also need to be sure that you have figured out how you will use it when you get to class. Get your body in shape, and you will roll the mat to get into a class that you love.
- The strap has the best hand and footholds for stretching
- The strap will be easy to get on your shoulder
- The strap looks great when you are carrying your mat
- You might want something less obvious
- The strap might be too short
Which Yoga Strap Should You Buy?
The strap that you pick out has to take you to a place that will help you get to and from class without any problem. Most people have issues with their mats when they do not have a strap or pick the one that you think will be the most comfortable.
That means that you will be able to get it on the mat quickly, and you know that it will feel good before you make your way to class. You need to have something that prevents you from just holding the mat under your arm as you walk to class, and we would go with the Yoga EVO Stretching Strap for the best general fit.