Wireless Access Points, most people don’t know what that jumble of words means. Once you know, though, you’ll realize you probably use one every single day.
A Wireless Access Point or WAP is a networking device that allows your phone, tablet, laptop, and anything else that uses wireless to connect to a wired network. Making an extremely convenient and under appreciated form of connection.
Unfortunately not every home or workplace has a WAP. That leaves you with the inability to connect wirelessly, which in this day and age can be at least mildly annoying.
Without a wireless connection, you can’t access your emails, look up that funny video or meme, or manage your business.
Thankfully there are plenty of WAP’s up for purchase online, but instead of trudging through terrible deals on the internet, we’ve compiled the top 10 best devices below.
It doesn’t matter if you need the access point for home or business; either way one of the below routers will grant you access to the wireless wonderland of constant work/play comfort by sending out wireless signals.
With a router you’ll be able to span your wireless capability across your whole business or home, without fear of a dropped connection.
We’ve reviewed the top 10 best wireless access points on the market in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. TP-Link Archer C7 IEEE 802.11ac 1750 Mbps Wireless Router
- 9. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router
- 8. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
- 7. Securifi Almond Touchscreen WiFi Wireless Router
- 6. Linksys AC1750 Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router
- 5. NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless Router
- 4. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
- 3. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
- 2. ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- 1. NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- Which Wireless Access Point Router Should You Buy?
10. TP-Link Archer C7 IEEE 802.11ac 1750 Mbps Wireless Router
This router is a sleep black device with three different arms to assist with distributing the connection about your space. With 1.75 Gbps available bandwidth and 450Mbps at 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps at 5GHz, this router can give you a Guest network Access point allowing any guests to share your wireless internet if you want them to.
Paired with IP-Based bandwidth control, you’ll be able to connect each device to the router much more easily. All of this is amazing for both home and business needs, but add 24/7 technical support that’s multi lingual for quick and easy installation and a two year warranty makes this a amazing router for Wireless Access Point set up.
- 24/7 tech support
- Super-fast speed
- Great IP Bandwidth control
- Most popular according to The New York Times, making it sold out regularly
- May be large enough to make it difficult in finding a place to set it up
9. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router
This little router is an amazing white color allowing it to be easily hidden though a bit difficult to find. The push to connect button keeps people who aren’t supposed to be connecting to the router, from connecting at all.
With it’s own built-in genie, it allows you to manage the router from afar and has a personal guest network for any friends or clients you may have come around. This network is completely separate from the regular connection section of the network making both they average and guest networks safer in their separation.
- Smaller Router provides for a less difficult setup
- You push to connect devices to wireless networks making sure all devices are approved
- Manage your network with the built-in genie
- The white color can make it difficult to find
- It has fewer than three arms, leaving the range a little lacking about other routers
8. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
With IP Bandwidth control this little router does a great job of ensuring the proper bandwidth goes where it needs to go. Along with managing internet access to children and employees with ‘parental’ control, it allows you to keep people from seeing things they aren’t supposed to.
This paired with the Version 11.1, wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes this for a wholesome but subtle router in the home. It can blend in with its surroundings enough to not be an eyesore while also allowing it to be found easily.
- IP Based control
- Parental control function allowing control for both home and business
- Encrypted connection at the push of a button
- Small design with only two arms
- Indicator lights are small, making them difficult to see
7. Securifi Almond Touchscreen WiFi Wireless Router
This neat little-rounded stands on it’s end and is very easily hidden with its darker coloration. With a 3 minute set up time, you can have this router working easily and quickly.
You don’t need an actual computer to set it up or manage it, and with a wireless bridge, there is no built-in DSL modem. Compatible with windows, mac, Linux, iPhone, and more, being compatible with a wide variety of devices.
It’s also compatible with any other existing router, allowing it to be used to the maximum potential. Making this a sleek little router to tuck away and program as you may need to. A wonderful addition to any home, it’s sleek and very attractive and would go well with any home design.
- Stands upright, making it more efficient
- Touch pad makes it simple to navigate
- Don’t need a PC to set it up
- Small and easily lost
- Touchscreen can be broken if dropped
6. Linksys AC1750 Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router
This router has specialized Next-Gen Ac Wi-Fi with Multi-User MIMO technology, this paired with the fact that it works for Mac and Windows Machines makes it a sleep router that’s large enough to keep track of in a cluttered home or office and helps keep you connected with a simultaneous dual band of 2.4 and 5GHz.
With the ability to manage your network from anywhere you can also provide parental controls and set guest passwords from everywhere, along with focusing the Wi-Fi to each device on your network.
With the mass of compatibility, you can connect all devices at once without having issues, leaving you able to function without a problem.
- Control the network from anywhere
- Is certified for both Mac and Windows machines
- Multi-User MIMI Technology
- Need to download an app to manage the network
- Doesn’t support mobile devices
5. NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless Router
This router is the only one on this list thus far that allows you to schedule when the wifi turns on and off, allowing you to monitor the times which Wi-Fi is available. It’s great for all devices and allows complete parental control perfect for homes but not businesses.
Push N Connect ensures only secure devices can connect, allowing the router to be very secure in its functionality. This router is small, sleek, and perfect for an in-home router, allowing you to moderate what children or guests can see while also providing a way to handle rules when it comes to Wi-Fi.
The overhaul of parental controls makes this a wonderful router for the home, while also turning it on and off for business.
- Can schedule wifi to be on or off at different times
- Easy set up with all devices
- Easy installation of initial router
- Small range, perfect for small homes but not businesses
- Only one arm, limited connection abilities
4. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
This routed supports Linux, an Operating System that most people don’t use, regardless its rare to find a router for Linux users. It’s the perfect size for a home or business even though it only has two arms it seems to disperse the Wi-FI quite nicely.
The blue faceplate helps the router to stand out, so you can find it when you need it that can disperse Wi-Fi wonderfully throughout a small space. It does have some compatibility issues with the operating systems it accepts, but otherwise, it’s a wonderful router for all Linux users.
- Bright blue faceplate makes it easy to see
- Medium sized not too small not to large
- Has a built-in firewall
- Listed compatibility lists only Windows Vista and XP machines
- Mostly Linux based system
3. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
This router has three arms distributing the wireless around much better than our two or one-armed counterparts. With 450Mbps it’s a great router for streaming HD videos, working from home with a VOIP phone or other stream intensive activities.
It’s also compatible with a wide variety of Operating Systems, paired with a one-touch wireless encryption option it keeps you and your network safe. Also great for gaming this router is strong and fast perfect for people who don’t want to be hindered by streaming their favorite games or shows.
- Great for streaming video or using a VoIP phone
- IP based control lets you control the bandwidth
- Two-year warranty with 24/7 support
- Not compatible with a phone line
- Unorthodox slope making it difficult to store
2. ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
With 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz dual-band transmissions, you’ll have a strong signal strength from this router. Amazing speeds of 900Mbps and gigabit ethernet ports permit a lightning fast speed.
Coming in both white and black you can choose to make your router blend in depending on the color of your home or business. Great for file and printer sharing it allows you to pass your files to other devices without hassle, pair this with built-in USB ports and you get the most convenient movement as possible, with great speed.
This router has a strong speed which is great for gaming along with any business related calls or needs. An overall wonderful router.
- Connection rates up to 900Mbps
- three high powered arms/antennas widening the wireless possibility
- File and printer sharing built-in
- Cannot alter router on the move
- Shipping may take some time
1. NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
This router stands on end due to it’s carefully designed stand, keeping up with the idea of using minimal space. It improves WI-FI for medium homes and could be adjusted for small businesses.
With this router, you’d have the ability to transfer information between a USB Hard Drive and Printer and a compatible future proofing, so your router doesn’t become out of date for some time. An app also allows you to handle the network from afar.
- Stands upright
- Designed to stand out
- Can share with External Hard Drives and Printers
- Only has 750Mbps
- Only supports Windows 8
Which Wireless Access Point Router Should You Buy?
Of all of these wonderful routers though only one has some serious upsides and a lack of downsides the TP-Link Archer C7 IEEE 802.11ac 1750 Mbps Wireless Router is the best in my opinion.
It has a clean ability to disperse the W-Fi around, letting people connect while keeping a safe connection and permitting guests to log in. With a strong technical support line, its also easy to install, easy to find, and simple to move if needed.
Compatible with almost all systems this router can ensure your WAP spans around your business or home without breaking up or losing connection. An all-around wonderful router for any and all uses.