Stripping the insulation out of wires using your teeth to expose the copper is not just unpleasant, but a huge waste of time. Furthermore, you risk damaging your teeth and gums in the process.
You do have options that will save you time and do the job more efficiently. Accuracy, speed, and durability of your wire are made possible by stripping machines.
Therefore, do you have a reliable tool in mind for your wire stripping needs? Here is a list of top 10 best wire stripping machines in 2019 that will allow you to do your work stress-free with a smile on your face.
Table of Contents
- 10. Steel Dragon Tools Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- 9. LFaize Hand Crank Copper Wire Stripper
- 8. StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- 7. CopperMine Manual Copper Wire Stripping Machine
- 6. Yescom Electric Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- 5. Hardin Manual Cable and Wire Stripper
- 4. BEAMNOVA Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- 3. PENSON & CO. Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- 2. Goplus Powered Electric Wire Stripping Machine
- 1. CopperMine New Manual Copper Wire Stripping Machine
- Which Wire Stripping Machine Should You Buy?
10. Steel Dragon Tools Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
The steel dragon allows you efficient stripping of wires while mounted on your workstation bench. Using a manual hand crank or a power drill, you can do your work correctly. The stripping rate is 450 inches every minute. Additionally, you can strip wires whose diameter is 3-25mm.
- Secure connection to power drill for automatic use
- Mounting on your bench is easy
- Wire gauge range is 3-25mm
- Used to strip rubber and plastic insulation
- Can be used manually with equal effectiveness
- No batteries required
- It is light and portable
- Saves you time
- Requires an energetic person when operated manually
- You may need some assistance if you have never used the Steel Dragon wire stripper
- You may have to disassemble the machine to customize it based on the wires you need to strip
9. LFaize Hand Crank Copper Wire Stripper
This wire stripper is used manually for lightweight insulation. You use a hand crank and place a 3-8mm wire in an aluminum ring before stripping. The LFaize wire stripper is light and portable.
This means you can use it anywhere. With an aluminum frame, you are assured of machine durability. With a 9AWG to 4AWG stripping range, you are guaranteed ease of manual operation.
- Saves energy as you use it manually
- Has an aluminum frame that ensures durability
- The aluminum ring makes manual stripping easy
- Light and portable
- Easily mounted on your workbench
- The hand crank allows you to operate this wire stripping tool without the need to pull wires as you work
- Saves you time
- Cannot be used for too hard or too soft insulation
8. StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
Built using industry standards, the StripMeister is a useful automatic wire-stripping machine. Little effort is required as you operate as it utilizes a power drill. It is 33% faster when compared to other wire strippers that are operated automatically.
You can strip braided and Romex wires using this wire stripping tool. It allows 18gauge to 250Mcm. For its frame, you have aluminum that is aircraft grade making it resistant to distortion and bending.
- Compared to other automatic wire stripping machines, the StripMeister is superior in quality and efficiency
- You save about 33% of the time you would use when wire stripping using different automatic models. This is possible due to the Romex slot inside
- It is industrial grade
- Can strip wires between 18gauge to 250MCM
- It is portable
- Customer reviews for the product are positive at 4.4 out of 5
- The unit pays for itself within a very short duration as you get to strip many pounds of wires in a short period
- Wires whose insulation is old and decaying may be difficult to strip using the StripMeister
- You may need to push and pull some wires while operating
- Requires more power as it is operated automatically
7. CopperMine Manual Copper Wire Stripping Machine
With just one stroke, you can separate the wire from its insulation using the CopperMine Wire Stripping Machine. Despite the manual operation, it doubles the speed required to manage your wire stripping tasks.
An input guide prevents your wire from derailing as it goes through this wire-stripping machine. Therefore, if you are stripping entangled wires, this is the machine for you.
When the stripping blade is dull, sharpening the manual copper wire stripper is easy via a jig in the machine. Wires ranging from 24AWG- 250 CM can be manually stripped with ease.
- Using the output limiter, you double your work speed. You can pull the copper from the jacket using a single stroke
- Entangled wires are easy to strip as the manual copper wire stripper aligns the wire automatically
- You can get your copper faster after slitting the insulation jacket
- It is lightweight and portable
- Has great customer reviews
- Has a blade sharpening jig
- One year warranty on parts
- There is a one-month money back trial period for the product
- Takes some time to line up the wire for stripping
- Adjustment is required every time you need to strip wire with different gauges
- Not ideal for stripping large gauge wires
6. Yescom Electric Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
With this automatic stripping machine, the effort you use is minimal. Yescom is a stripping machine that is energy efficient, light in weight, and portable. It contains a heavy-duty gearbox that ensures effectiveness in stripping wires as well as durability.
With three feed holes, you have increased speed, and the holes accept 3mm to 25mm wires. The Yescom is ideal for scrap wires that are not damaged. Avoid using this wire stripper for stripping damaged wires.
- Strips rubber and plastic insulation from relatively new wires that are undamaged
- Has three different feed holes for varied wire size
- The motor is 110-240v single induction motor
- The dimensions allow for portability
- Help save energy due to it high efficiency
- You get to run the machine while doing another task. For instance, you can clear the stripped jackets as the machine strips more wires
- Good customer reviews
- Can only strip wires that are undamaged
- Despite its efficiency, Requires much power to operate
- Requires constant blade replacement
5. Hardin Manual Cable and Wire Stripper
This manual machine is flexible in its operation. You can strip wires of different type, shape, and size. The wires include parallel, Romex, and square. Furthermore, rollers and blades can be adjusted to strip wires ranging from 24Awg to 7/8inches.
You can quickly bolt the Hardin WS-1270 to your workbench and gain stability as you operate. Besides, sharpening the blade is easy when it gets too dull to function efficiently.
- Improved stripping efficiency due to adjustable blades and rollers; making it easier to strip off all insulation
- Mounting it on your bench makes it more stable and efficient to use
- Light in weight and portable
- You can strip the insulation off different wire gauges
- Great client reviews
- Requires some effort to operate as it is manual
- The adjusting screws do not always align
4. BEAMNOVA Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
BEAMNOVA is an automatic stripping machine that removes insulation from undamaged wires. The electric motor is connected to a heavy-duty gearbox that improves efficiency when stripping tough insulations.
Wires ranging from 3mm to 25mm can be accommodated when blade and shaft are adjusted. You have a 50feet per minute speed with this automatic wire stripper. It may be 30pounds; however, it is still portable.
Furthermore, this weight improves the stability of the machine during operation. The blades are easily sharpened when they get blunt after continued use.
- Stripping range of 3-25mm
- A two-year warranty
- Increased stability and efficiency of use due to its 30 pounds weight
- 3 differently sized feeding holes
- High torque for ease of stripping cables
- 55-60feet stripping speed per minute
- 110 volts power requirement which is ideal, safe, and cheap
- Positive customer reviews
- Requires constant blade replacement
3. PENSON & CO. Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
Built for speed, the PENSON $ CO is fitted with an induction phase-single motor that can run from your wall outlet. It requires little energy, which makes it easy to work with in different places. You can strip wires ranging from 14gauge to 1-14inches using this machine.
The stripping speed is 60feet for each minute. The blade is easily adjustable to improve accuracy and speed. You have the option of three feeding holes based on the wire size you wish to strip.
- A stripping speed of 60 feet per minute
- Reliable and easy to use
- 14gauge to1- ¼ “ wire size can be stripped
- Single phase motor that operates at any work site
- Accurate and precise cutting due to adjustable blades
- Great customer reviews
- Requires constant blade adjustment for improved efficiency
2. Goplus Powered Electric Wire Stripping Machine
This is an 1800-watt compact wire-stripping tool with an elegant finish. The outer frame is made of aluminum giving much durability for this machine. With two feeding holes, you have the choice based on the size of wire you want to strip.
The blade adjustment for Goplus wire stripper is easy to do. This machine can strip a range of 1.5-25mm sized wire. You can move from one job site to the next owing to its portability.
- Two feeding holes
- Higher torque
- Can recycle your copper wire
- Adjustable blades
- Strips wire of rubber and plastic insulation
- Saves energy
- Good customer reviews
- If not firmly placed, it falls off the cutting wheel
- Requires constant adjustment
1. CopperMine New Manual Copper Wire Stripping Machine
Coming in at number one, CopperMine is an excellent machine for those who are new to scrapping. Mostly, the design makes the stripping process simple, and the machine remains durable. Entangled and straight wires can be stripped using this tool. The size of the wires can range from 3/32 to 1-1/2 inches.
The adjustable clamps are a plus and provide better grip. The blade is easily replaced to improve efficiency.
Furthermore, the blade is manufactured from an alloy for added durability. Once fitted on your working bench, you are ready for stripping that insulation off those wires.
- Great wire stripping machine for beginners
- Long lasting alloy blade
- Great customer reviews
Which Wire Stripping Machine Should You Buy?
Based on the list above, you have different wire stripping tools for various wire types. depending on the wire size, gauge and workload, you have a tool from this list.
Additionally, you can choose a machine based on your expertise in scrapping. There is a tool in the list for beginners as well as seasoned scrappers.
Therefore, if you are in the scrapping business or looking to join, the above reviews are a great pointer to your ideal wire-stripping tool. All you need to do is go through the individual specs for the above-listed tools.