Healthy living is a growing trend. It is a good trend because it is critical to live healthy to avoid getting health problems that require medication and monthly doctor visits.
Working out in addition to adding whey protein powder into your diet is a great start to living healthy. Protein powder can supplement for a ton of nutritional value that regular food just doesn’t offer.
The Health Benefits of Whey Protein
Whey protein powder can have a positive effect on thee results you are trying to achieve from working out. It can help your body produce additional muscle and help increase your strength when exercising. This is ideal if you conduct a lot of strength-training exercises and need to recovery afterward.
The amino acids found in whey protein are more efficient than any other type of protein, meaning your body can use the vitamins and nutritional benefits this prottein provies.
By incorporating whey protein into your daily diet, you’ll decrease your overall fat mass which is a great way to lose weight or maintain your current figure.
Side Effects of Whey Protein
There are some factors to consider with whey protein as there are some common side effects with powders and supplements. The most important factor is that you can gain fat if you consume whey protein without exercising. This isn’t a negative goal for everyone though, because if you’re looking to gain weight, increasing your protein content is the way to go.
This substance has also been linked to stomach bloating if you don’t consume it with a digestive enzyme, thus resulting in discomfort and irritation. Although it might not seem like a huge side effect, some users have noticed that consuming whey protein supplements doesn’t always have positive benefits if you don’t lack protein in your diet.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Supplement
To find the best and healthiest whey protein powder supplement for you, there are some essential factors to consider throughout your search.
Some brands like to use artificial sweeteners and sugars to add flavor and sweetness to their supplements. But these added ingredients aren’t beneficial to your health as they can harm your gut bacteria. Watch out for stevia, although this is a natural sweetener, it doesn’t have a great taste, so many brands like to add sugar alcohols to enhance the flavor, which can cause bloating.
Keep the carbohydrate intake up to three percent of your daily serving. This element increases your muscle growth, and some brands like to add low-fat milk into their supplements to provide a great post-workout treat.
Powder vs Supplements
You might be more familiar with protein powder than supplements, but what are some of the benefits of the latter?
Easy to Store
Supplements are smaller and thus easier to store in your home. You can place them in a special case to keep them safe and secure on your travels too, making them great for frequent travelers. On the other hand, powder is more difficult to carry around with you and you need milk or liquid to hand to mix it with.
Quick, Easier and Healthier to Take
Swallowing a tablet takes a second, which is great if you live a busy lifestyle. Drinking a protein powder shake takes more time to consume, although your body digests liquid quicker.
Since you swallow a pill for the effects and not taste, most supplements aren’t packed with sweeteners and artificial ingredients to enhance the flavor. This makes them healthier to consume.
The Top 10 Best Whey Protein Powder Supplements to Buy
There are some great choices out on the market for whey protein powder supplements. Below is a list of the top 10 best whey protein powders reviewed in 2019 that are worth looking into adding to your workout regimen.
Table of Contents
- The Health Benefits of Whey Protein
- Side Effects of Whey Protein
- Factors To Consider When Choosing a Supplement
- Powder vs Supplements
- The Top 10 Best Whey Protein Powder Supplements to Buy
- 10. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
- 9. BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder
- 8. Pure Protein 100 % Whey Protein
- 7. BulkSupplements CLEAN Whey Protein Powder
- 6. Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder
- 5. NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate
- 4. Garden of Life RAW Organic Protein
- 3. Amazing Grass Green SuperFood
- 2. P90X Results and Recovery Formula
- 1. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
- Which Whey Powder Protein Should You Buy?
10. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
This whey protein product made by Optimum Nutrition uses whey protein isolates as their primary ingredient. The best time to consume this protein shake is first thing in the morning and/or even before or after working out.
This product is available in 22 flavors including 3 naturally flavored options. It is used primarily for muscle recovery when working out your muscles.
- It is available in 22 delicious flavors including double rich chocolate, cookies and cream, and strawberry banana.
- Available in 6 different sizes from 1 pound to 10 pounds, depending on your needs
- They even include a pancake recipe to try that includes the protein powder as a main ingredient.
- Shaker cup is sold separately, but at a great price.
9. BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder
This product features 22 grams of protein per serving. It is also rated BSN’s best tasting protein powder on the market. BSN’s SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder includes ingredients that provide essential amino acids and fatty acids.
This product is also a great source of fiber. This whey protein powder supplement is a nutritious addition to your everyday diet. It is the perfect compliment to any diet or exercise plan, and tastes fantastic too.
- Eight delicious flavors and three different sizes available for purchase.
- For all this nutritional value, all it takes is one scoop, at any time of the day.
- It tastes like a milkshake.
- No free shipping, unless you are an Amazon prime customer.
8. Pure Protein 100 % Whey Protein
This product helps support lean muscle, energy, and strength. Every scoop has 25 grams of protein. It is fast acting when of comes to your energy and strength. Get a energy boost fast with this drink. It is a great source of protein and provides enough nutrients just in case you skip a meal or just wanting a snack.
This product is quickly absorbed by your body to speed up amino acid delivery almost immediately after exercising. Available in two great flavors, chocolate and vanilla.
- It helps keep your immunities up to effectively fight illnesses.
- This product can be mixed with water or milk, and still taste great.
- Great price with free shipping too.
- Only available in two flavors and one size, but still a great product.
7. BulkSupplements CLEAN Whey Protein Powder
This product aids in workout recovery by increasing blood levels of amino acids. It can aid in relieving soreness due to exercise, helping build muscle while reducing fat.
This product is clean and pure and contains no fillers. It is thoroughly tested in a lab for quality and purity. Taking it immediately after exercising, gives e best results of this product.
- Completely unflavored, so it is easily mixed into water or your favorite exercise drink.
- 90% whey isolate powder, which contains the highest concentration of pure protein.
- Helps control appetite, improve metabolism, and increase energy.
- If you are used to the protein powder that tastes like a chocolate shake, this product is different as it has no taste.
6. Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder
Muscle Milk provides the right amount of essential nutrients and protein to help your body recover from exercising and build muscle. Use this protein powder at any time, before a workout, after a workout, or anytime you are craving a snack.
Even if you do not workout, it is great to have if needing a boost of energy or find that you are low on energy throughout the day. This product is also lactose free, great tasting, contains functional fats, carbohydrates, and 20 essential vitamins and minerals.
- Lactose free, gluten free, and has absolutely no artificial flavors.
- Muscle Milk can be added to many things, such as supplement shakes, smoothies, or a favorite recipe.
- Includes han fruit extract and stevia as ingredients.
- E name Muscle Milk might turn some people off from trying it out because of the milk in the name, but it is lactose free.
5. NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate
This product is high quality and digests very easily. This whey protein isolate product is the ideal protein powder supplement for active individuals. It has the essential amino acids necessary for muscle repair and growth.
- Non-GMO and naturally unflavored.
- It mixes instantly in water or liquid.
- Great customer reviews and free shipping available.
- Available in only one size.
4. Garden of Life RAW Organic Protein
This product is the official protein powder of the US Track and Field team. It is certified organic and non-GMO. It is an excellent product to build and repair muscle.
It is great to drink before and after working out. It is easy to digest and great for vegans and vegetarians because it is made of 13 raw sprouted proteins.
- Increases protein content for your meals and snacks.
- High quality and best alternative to whey, soy and milk protein.
- No fillers, artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Available in 4 different flavors, although it is only vanilla, chocolate, or unflavored.
3. Amazing Grass Green SuperFood
This product makes it easy to feel amazing everyday by providing a way to get the right amount of fruits and vegetables quick and simple. Easily mix is powder with milk, juice, or water for a quick pick me up.
Provides three or more servings of fruits and vegetables wit every serving. This product is gluten free, no sugar added, plant based, and non-GMO.
- Available in6 great flavors and 6 convenient sizes.
- The greens used for this powder are organically grown and picked at the most optimal time for the best nutrition.
- The most convenient way to get a well balanced diet very single day.
- The one problem is that I now want to try all three formulas as they each serve a purpose in our diet.
2. P90X Results and Recovery Formula
This product is has the perfect balance of vitamins and nutrients that help promote muscle repair and growth. Helps alleviate any signs of muscle soreness post workout.
Based on the P90X workout plan that features 5-6 days of exercise and resting or stretches on the 7th day of the week.
- The customer reviews are amazing and this product has many five star ratings.
- It automatically comes in a 30 day supply, so you only have to pur base this product once per month.
- Great tasting formula.
- It was currently unavailable, which means it is loved by consumers and works.
1. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
Optimum Nutrition has been in business for 30 years and makes a high quality product every time. Is product is great for muscle repair and promotes muscle growth too. It is a great tasting formula, and it even tastes great with just water.
Mixes easily with just a spoon and dissolves quickly in liquid. Great to drink first thing in the morning, pre workout, and post workout. Contains the Ami o acids needed for muscle repair.
- Available in about 20 different delicious flavors, such as chocolate, birthday cake, and banana creme.
- This product can be set up for automatic delivery every month,two !months, three months, and so on.
- Best price and free shipping is available.
- So many choices in flavors, difficult to choose which one to try first.
Which Whey Powder Protein Should You Buy?
Each of these protein powder s are on the list because they work to promote muscle repair and build, but they also are affordable and convenient to purchase online. Every one of them is different in their own ways.
They all have great flavors and some are even flavorless, if that is what you like. There are many options out there for a great protein powder. It is ultimately what works best for you that makes it the best.