What are the best walking shoes for women? Shoes are one of the most important things to invest in. After all, if your feet aren’t happy, neither are your joints, back or the muscles. There are many options to choose from depending on your preferences and needs. Some things to think about your budget, breathe-ability, ease of use, and durability.
Additionally, it is important to know where your trouble spots are. Do you have wide feet? High arches? Plantar Fasciitis? These are all things to think about that will help you pick your best footwear.
Walking is one of the most common daily activities that can put our feet through a storm. Lucky for you, we have compiled 10 of the best walking shoes for women. Let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
- 10. TIOSEBON Women’s Casual Mesh
- 9. Skechers Performance Go Step Challenge
- 8.Ryka Women’s Devo Plus 2 Walking Shoe
- 7. New Balance 608
- 6. Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2
- 5. Teva Women’s Tirra Athletic Sandal
- 4. Kunsto Women’s Leather Casual Loafers
- 3. Sketchers Performance Women’s Go Walk 2 e
- 2. Clarks Women’s Cloudsteppers Sillian Tino
- 1. Fashiontown Women’s Mesh Platform
- So which should you buy?
10. TIOSEBON Women’s Casual Mesh
These walking shoes by TIOSEBON are a sleek option that is breathable and have an easy slip-on design. No pesky laces here! They offer shock absorption with a thick sole to be easy on the joins and are lightweight to make you feel like you don’t even have shoes on.
With quick drying features, the TIOSEBON walking shoes are great for rainy walks and they come in many colors for you to always look your best.
- No laces
- Slip-on design
- Breathable mesh
- Some complaints of rubbing
- Not every color has every size
9. Skechers Performance Go Step Challenge
Skechers has become the affordable standard for comfortable walking shoes. These, in particular, have a herringbone treaded outsole and a yoga mat energy-return insole.
Additionally, these walking shoes don’t even look like sneakers, but rather look more like a flat which means you can dress them up or dress them down to suit your needs. They come in a variety of colors and are affordable like most of the Skechers line up. These flats even have a little hole in the back for easy on and off.
- Doesn’t look like a sneaker
- Goga mat insole for comfort
- Breathable mesh
- Some pairs have a pop or click when you walk
- So much padding that an insole wouldn’t fit without sizing up
8.Ryka Women’s Devo Plus 2 Walking Shoe
The Devo Plus 2 by Ryka is a sporty walking shoe that has a breathable mesh with synthetic overlays for added protection. These shoes are scientifically designed for comfort and the ergonomics of walking.
For added comfort, they have a memory foam sock liner. They tend to run true to size and buyers rave about the arch support. Like most other walking shoes, they do come in many colors and designs.
- Scientifically designed to support your foot
- Memory foam sock liner for comfort
- Great arch support
- Some buyers have had wear and tear issues after 3 months
- Not all sizes come in all colors
7. New Balance 608
The 608’s from New Balance are leather for durability and an EVA foam footbed for comfort. Flex grooves on the outsole allow for increased flexibility.
These have been known to be good for plantar fasciitis. Dual-density collar foam gives proper ankle support while the Abzorb technology provides shock absorption to be easy on the knees. These might not be the most fashionable, but they are a quality well thought out design for comfort.
- Good for Plantar Fasciitis
- Easy on joints
- Well thought out design
- No different colors/styles
- Not the most fashionable
6. Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2
This walking shoe from Saucony is non-marking and has a durable high-wear outsole with a padded collar and tongue. They come in three colors: white, black and tan which allows them to go with pretty much anything.
To make sure you don’t slip, the Saucony’s have a durable rubber outsole that has a great tread for both indoor and outdoor. The forefoot stretch zone allows for a forgiving fit that makes them extra comfy.
- Forefoot stretch zone
- Full grain leather
- Only come in three colors
- Some have complained about the lack of cushion in the heel
5. Teva Women’s Tirra Athletic Sandal
These athletic sandals by Teva are the perfect compromise when you still want to be comfortable while walking, but you also want to let your toes free. Since they’re sandals, these are perfect for summer days. They come in over 20 colors and can even be worn in the water. No more reasons to have to bring a bunch of shoes on vacation.
In addition to all these other great things, the Teva’s have been raved about being the best sandal for arch support and comfort for long walking days. You can even wear them for hiking too! Everyone loves a good versatile shoe, especially a sandal.
- Over 20 color options
- Great arch support
- Can only wear them in warm weather unless you pair them with socks
- A bit on the pricier side
4. Kunsto Women’s Leather Casual Loafers
Kunsto loafers are a great alternative to regular sneakers, but can still be worn in cold weather. These are made of genuine leather with an anti-slip outsole that is flexible for durability and comfort. The leather lining in them will allow you to not have to wear socks for the flexibility we all need.
I mean who always wants to wear socks? One thing to consider when buying leather shoes, however, is that they will stretch over time so keep that in mind when choosing a size. The best part is that these are super affordable!
- Anti-slip outsole
- Genuine leather
- Many colors to choose from
- WIll stretch due to the leather construction
- No lining so they will absorb moisture
3. Sketchers Performance Women’s Go Walk 2 e
Sketchers makes the list again, but this time with their Go Walk 2 slip on. They come in over 8 colors and are made of a breathable mesh. These feature a loop to make them easy to slip on while the ortholite footbed provides all-day walking comfort.
The lining is antimicrobial and odor-treated to prevent any foul smells even while not wearing socks. They tend to fit true to size and are raved about for being the most comfortable walking shoe according to reviews.
- Breathable mesh
- Antimicrobial and odor-treated lining
- Ortholite footbed
- Each color is a different price
- Mesh doesn’t provide much protection
2. Clarks Women’s Cloudsteppers Sillian Tino
These Cloudsteppers by Clarks are both sleek and comfortable. They have a soft fabric lining, shock absorbing outsole, and an ortholite footbed. Like the name implies, these are lightweight and comfortable for errands, fitness or long, busy days.
In case they were not comfortable enough, the footpad does come out in order to put in custom orthotics. They come in 15 different colors and designs and with their modern look, it is sure to be a favorite for many.
- Ortholite footbed
- Shock absorbing
- Foot pad comes out
- Some buyers claim they need an insert for arch support
- On the more expensive side
- Limited sizing depending on the color
1. Fashiontown Women’s Mesh Platform
These walking shoes from Fashiontown look anything but boring. They have a lace mesh which makes them perfect for summer and is fashionable enough to pair with a sundress. The slip-on design is convenient and the pull loop makes it easy. The sole of these is made with Gun Rubber which is both more durable and lighter than Eva foam.
Fashiontown does admit that they run a little big sizing wise, so it is best to consider ordering a half or full size down from what you normally wear. If you have wide feet, these will be especially great since they have plenty of wiggle room.
- Cute design
- Gum rubber sole
- Easy slip-on
- Great price
- Run big
- Some reviewer say they have a slippery bottom
So which should you buy?
Each of the shoes on our list has their own set of pros and cons as you can see but we understand that it can be overwhelming to make a decision.
Though everyone’s needs will vary slightly, we are loving the Sketchers Go Step Challenge Walking Shoe. They are affordable, super cute and come in different colors to match a wide array of personalities. Whichever you choose, just make sure they work for you! Happy Walking!