I am always on the lookout for the best treatment for stretch marks. Since I was a teenager, I went through several types of diets to make me lose weight. The repetitive cycle of putting on weight and then rapidly losing it has left stretch marks on my abdomen, hips, upper arms, and calves.
To be honest, I was not really that concerned about them. Stretch marks are ugly, but they were mostly hidden by the clothes I wore. It wasn’t until I started going to the gym that I started feeling conscious about it. Luckily, I learned that there are products to help you reduce the appearance of stretch marks
And when it comes to buying the best treatment for stretch marks, you have a world of options!
What Are Stretch Marks?
A stretch mark is basically a scar. When your skin shrinks or stretches abruptly, it causes elastin and collagen to rupture. And stretch marks appear when your skin heals from this.
Not everyone develops stretch marks. But there are instances when you might have to deal with these small scars on your skin. Like when you get pregnant, drastically lose or gain weight, experience rapid muscle growth, or have growth spurts during puberty.
Fluctuations in your hormone levels, long-term use of corticosteroids, and Cushing’s Disease can also cause stretch marks.
How Do You Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
There are several ways to lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
Some studies show that Retin-A or retinoic acid can help with new stretch marks. However, it does come with some side effects, such as peeling or redness. Pregnant women should also avoid using this product.
Light or laser therapy has been shown to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It can regenerate and repair skin cells. However, you need to get a series of treatments, and each one can be quite expensive.
You can massage the area of the stretch mark to reduce its appearance. Meanwhile, using oils such as sweet almond, wheat germ, olive, castor, or avocado oil keeps the skin elastic and moisturized.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy with ultrasound is an excellent way to increase your skin’s collagen production as well as to revive the skin. PRP can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Stretch marks can prove very difficult to treat. At most, you can make it less visible, but the scarring will still be there. The American Academy of Dermatology suggests trying creams, gels, and lotions during the early stages of stretch marks. You can massage these products on the affected area. But you will need a longer period for the effects to appear.
Another course you can do is to use self-tanners to mask stretch marks. There are also prescription medicines that might help, including hyaluronic acid. Doctors, however, warn that home remedies might not be that effective, and evidence for their effectiveness is mostly anecdotal.
Can you prevent stretch marks?
The AAD says that studies show that Centella or hyaluronic acid might prevent stretch marks.
Best Treatment for Stretch Marks: General Precautions
While some treatments and products might cost a lot, there is no guarantee that these will work on your stretch marks. Some products sometimes work on some people, while others don’t work at all. Most of the “evidence” that supports the effectiveness of certain ingredients against stretch marks are anecdotal.
There are also some ingredients that pregnant or nursing women cannot use. For instance, some essential oils might not be suitable for expecting mothers. If you have mature stretch marks, consult a dermatologist for the best course of action.
Best Treatment for Stretch Marks: How We Chose
To come up with this list of candidates for the best treatment for stretch marks, we scoured dozens of products on Amazon and included only the highly rated listings.
The Best Treatment for Stretch Marks You Can Buy Right Now
If you are not yet ready to spend a lot of money on laser therapy and other more invasive forms of treatment, then you can try the best treatment for stretch marks such as the ones we recommend here.
- Moisturizing Body Oil: This 24 hour Moisturizing Body Oil with Rosehip fragrance helps to improve the appearance of...
- Special Formula: Made with Cocoa Butter to moisturize, Argan Oil to soften and condition, plus a blend of ingredients to...
- Finest Ingredients: We use only the finest natural, raw ingredients for soft, hydrated and beautiful hair & skin. We...
Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil is an effective treatment for stretch marks. It also leaves your skin hydrated, softened, conditioned, and rejuvenated.
This product is easily absorbed by your skin and does not clog your pores. It helps make stretch marks less visible while improving your skin’s elasticity. It contains cocoa butter and shea butter that can smooth, soften, and primp your skin.
This massage cream also has vitamin E, which helps your skin retain moisture, as well as lutein, which hydrates your skin so it could withstand stretching. You also have argan oil, which conditions and softens your skin, while almond oil helps moisturize your complexion.
The manufacturer claims that this product is the top brand in the United States. According to them, 98 percent of women reported improved skin texture, tone, and elasticity after using this product.
- STRETCH MARK OIL is used to help tear down problem fat cells that lie underneath the skin. Unlike stretch marks cream...
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS packed vitamins and infused with specific essential oils, for specific reasons, our oil helps...
- BEST STRETCH MARKS REMOVAL OIL each component in our proprietary formula has been proven to work in concert to promote...
The Pure Life Science Stretch Mark Massage Oil works differently from other creams and oils as it penetrates your skin and breaks down fat tissues. It targets the stretch marks found on your thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and hips.
This massage oil contains vitamins and essential oils that help fade stretch marks while detoxifying your lymphatic system. It also has astringent properties that can loosen fat deposits. It promises to increase skin elasticity and keep it moisturized.
The manufacturer claims that this product works six times better than regular stretch mark creams. It also has no harmful ingredients like parabens and sulfates. It is cruelty-free, too, so vegans can use it without guilt.
- PROTECT YOUR BELLY AS IT GROWS: Our vegan, safe, gentle, & hydrating cocoa butter belly stretch mark cream nourishes and...
- PACKED WITH SKIN SUPERFOODS: Natural Cocoa & Shea Butter, Avocado, and Olive Oil all work to soften, moisturize, and...
- PROTECT YOUR BELLY AS IT GROWS: Our vegan, safe, gentle, & hydrating cocoa butter belly maternity stretch mark...
It may take two months, but the manufacturer claims that Botanic Tree Anti Stretch Mark, Scars, and Prevention Triple Action Cream can decrease the appearance of stretch marks. The company says that 93 percent of people who used the cream saw a definite improvement. They even offer a money back guarantee if it does not work on you.
This product has an all-organic list of ingredients, including cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamin B5, moringa, olive oil, and Centella asiatica. It is excellent for every skin type and even expecting and breastfeeding women can use this to manage their stretch marks.
Moringa has a long list of skin benefits, including plying your skin with antioxidants and vitamins. It also has antibacterial action and can nourish your skin. It has anti-aging properties, and it can moisturize your skin deeply.
Meanwhile, Centella asiatica helps prevent stretch marks.
- IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS - Clinically proven to help repair skin damage and scars from...
- PACKED WITH POWERFUL, NATURAL OILS - Vitamin A Oil promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal,...
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL MOISTURE WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES - Uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and...
The Bio-Oil Skincare Oil is recommended by dermatologists to remove stretch marks and scars. It can also improve uneven skin tone, and aging or dry skin. This non-comedogenic formula will not clog your pores.
You can use this non-greasy product on scars and stretch marks. It is the top-selling stretch mark remover in more than a dozen countries. It has also won more than 200 skincare awards.
- BRIGHTENS SKIN, REMOVES SCARS - This scar removal cream is created to penetrate deeply into the skin and soften scar...
- EFFECTIVE – You’ve tried many different scar removal creams not getting the results you wanted. Our formula has...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Ginseng, Glycerin, Centella Asiatica, Allantoin are all included in our scar removal cream to...
While the Aliver TCM Scar and Acne Mark Removal Gel Ointment is more focused on removing scars and brightening your skin, you can also use it to fade stretch marks and even scalding scars.
Newer scars are less visible in 30 to 40 days, while mature scars can be treated in 50 to 60 days. This formula uses a host of natural ingredients including glycerin, ginseng, Centella asiatica, and allantoin. You can also use this product on any part of your body.
- Contains 1- 3.4 Fluid Ounce Pump Bottle of Weleda Stretch Mark Pregnancy Massage Oil
- Rich in vitamin E, a blend of wheat germ, almond, and jojoba oils reduces the appearance of stretch marks while...
- Regular massage with this plant-rich oil diminishes the visible appearance of stretch marks and increases skin...
Pregnant women are more prone to develop stretch marks. The good news is that they can rely on Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil for Stretch Marks. This body oil uses arnica flower extract, which has a long list of skincare benefits that include fading stretch marks and nourishing your skin. As a bonus, it can also heal post-surgery wounds and clear up problematic skin.
This formula also contains sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, wheat germ oil, and other plant-based components.
- [Lightens & Removes Scars] Tetyana naturals scar removal cream is an intensive solution for scars from acne, cuts,...
- [Nourish, Strengthen & Brighten Skin] Our advanced formula is packed with herbal extracts and naturally softens,...
- [For All Skin Types] Our special blend of nourishing and effective ingredients is suitable for all skin types including...
If Tetyana Naturals Scar Removal Skin Repair Cream can reduce the appearance of even the worst surgical scars, then stretch marks should not be a problem. This formula has herbal extracts that nourish, brighten, and fortify your skin.
This product makes your skin more elastic and leaves your complexion smoother and firmer. The unique blend is perfect for all skin types.
- Clinically proven ingredients that help prevent and repair stretch marks
- Peptides and extracts boost collagen renewal for stronger skin that can stretch and rebound
- Celebrity favorite and editor pick in Fit Pregnancy and Parents Expecting when you want to care for your stretching...
The Basq Intensive Treatment Stretch Mark Butter has all the right ingredients that promote collagen renewal, which helps stretch marks fade while making your skin more elastic. It is also safe for pregnant and nursing mothers.
This formula does not have harmful ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, sulfates, and artificial colors. It also does not have rosemary, clary sage, and caffeine extracts that might be harmful to pregnant women.
Get the Best Treatment for Stretch Marks Now
You do not have to hide when you have the best treatment for stretch marks. These creams can help fade unsightly stretch marks given enough time to work. These recommendations for the best treatment for stretch marks have different ingredients and formulations, so you can pick one that is most effective for you.
Which one of these recommendations are you going to try first? Tell us about it in the comments!