As an ideal training companion, treadmills come in various models. In the market, you will come across makes from well-established firms as well as newer fitness equipment manufacturers.
According to the latest market research, each competitive brand will ensure that it meets these six major features:
- Heart rate monitoring
- Workout options
- Belt quality
- Shock absorption.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Treadmill
Before you begin searching for a high-quality treadmill, it is essential that you first measure the space you will store it. Not only do you need sufficient space to keep your treadmill, but the area surrounding it should be free so you can comfortably move your arms when exercising.
We also recommend that you think about the size of you or the user who will be exercising on the treadmill. If it is for young children, a small option would be suitable and therefore reduce the price of the treadmill. However, taller adults or those who take running more seriously might prefer using a larger machine space to run freely.
Some treadmills can cause discomfort, particularly to your calf muscles and ankles. Firstly, we suggest researching the best treadmills with a shock absorption system. this feature means that whether you choose to walk slowly or run quickly, you will feel supported and firmly positioned on the treadmill so that you don’t cause any injuries yourself.
If you choose to try out the treadmill before purchasing it, remember that the cushioning should not feel too soft or spongy as this can actually cause knee injuries and the treadmill won’t be as long-lasting. On the other hand, you don’t want the treadmill to feel too hard and stern so that you run heavy-footed.
Another way of looking after your body while using a treadmill is to look for a technology that automates any adjustments you make. For example, if you begin to slow down while running, you want the treadmill to stick to your speed for safety.
You want your treadmill to be easy to use and not confusing, otherwise, you will dread working out. Consider how tech-savvy you are as this will determine the number of buttons and features you will need on a treadmill. Many of the best treadmills have simple functions and minimal buttons, such as a ‘go’ and ‘stop’ button with the option of a screen where you can change the settings should you wish.
If you’re looking for something more advanced, consider the number of programs available, but don’t forget that you should also have a quick-start mode for those times when you have limited time.
No matter how fit you are or the qualities you’re looking for in a treadmill, safety is the most important aspect during your search. Every treadmill is unique and therefore has different safety features. Your chosen treadmill should have grips, and handrails that you can hold on to should you feel like you’re falling or in the event of an accident. At the same time, consider if you can comfortably exercise without these accessories getting in the way and potentially causing a hazard.
Does the treadmill come with a stock belt that is accurate? Does it comfortably reach you and is it positioned? You will only know such features once you try and the treadmill in the store. Finally, your treadmill should push you to become fitter, but it should also support you when you’re struggling.
The Top 10 Best Treadmills To Buy
In this article, we will review the top 10 best treadmills and the two types of treadmill users, that is, beginners and pros.
As a beginner, you need a treadmill with speed options that you can manage. Pros are more advanced but also have their speed preferences.
Table of Contents
- Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Treadmill
- The Top 10 Best Treadmills To Buy
- 10. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- 9. Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
- 8. ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
- 7. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
- 6. Proform Pro 1000 Treadmill
- 5. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra Electric Treadmill
- 4. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
- 3. Rebel Treadmill 1000 Desk Treadmill
- 2. Best Choice Products Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill
- 1. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
- Which Treadmill Should You Buy?
10. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
It is a price friendly incline trainer ideal for advanced users as it features consistent horsepower ranging from 2 to 3. You can use higher slopes of up to 10% while training; these inclines intensify your workout and work best to target specific muscles.
This particular model features 20 built-in workouts that will help you achieve both your short and long-term fitness goals. A certified personal trainer designed the workouts.
Additionally, it has a 20″X55″ tread belt, 2.6 CHP motor system and a console sound where you can plug in your MP3 device or iPod.
- Built for maximum comfort and high productivity.
- Can accommodate various weight capacities.
- One can lift it easily so that they can fold it into its foldable design.
- Lacks storage area for personal gadgets
- Produces a lot of noise while in operation
9. Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
This treadmill is quite pocket-friendly and ideal for beginners. It features a space saver design with 2.5 CHP motor system, a height of 16-17 inches and 16” x 50” tread belt. The belt also has an impact absorption cushion for maximum comfort while walking.
Each program speed can be adjusted to suit one’s personal levels, and for beginners, it has six pre-programmed workouts and two incline positions that can change accordingly.
- It’s size makes it a space saver during usage and can also fold after workouts for storage.
- It has mobility features and can be folded and carried around.
- It’s features are very basic and easy to use making it the best for beginners.
- It cannot support weight levels that are above 250 pounds thus limiting users who are above this weight.
- Makes a lot of noise while in operation.
8. ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
Another good choice for beginners is the ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill. It comes with the latest treadmill features in the market for its users. The price is a bit higher than that of its predecessors, but its features give one every reason for to dig in their pocket.
Despite it being a heavy duty workout machine, it still maintains a space saver design. It has a 25 CHP Mach Z motor system, and a 20 x 55-inch tread belt.
Owning this treadmill means that you will enjoy the company of 18 workout apps, iPod compatible music port, a lifetime frame warranty and a 25-year motor warranty plus a year’s parts and labor warranty.
- Perfect for light as well as heavy duty workouts.
- Parts enhance user comfort, and the fan cools.
- Enjoy protection from different warranties.
- It has a thin track with small rollers.
- Customer service is very slow to respond to any queries
7. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
This treadmill combines technology and function ability to fulfill all of the user’s desires. It has a 7-inch web enabled touch screen that allows you to quickly view your speed, distance, time, calories burned and heart rate.
Its price is relatively high, but its specs are also of the advanced level. It has a 3.0 CHP motor system and 3.0-speed motor horsepower. It also has different inclination levels ranging from 0-15% and 32 workouts designed by a certified personal trainer.
The 20 x 60-inch tread belt is specially designed to reduce noise and friction while in operation.
- The treadmill has a long track for adaptability during workouts.
- Features advanced technology like a touch screen and android browser that is web enabled.
- 32 built-in workout apps to choose from and switch in between them as you wish.
- The computer malfunctions may render the treadmill useless.
- The treadmill’s large footprint consumes a lot of space.
6. Proform Pro 1000 Treadmill
In all of the Proform’s premier series, this model is the most affordable one. The treadmill has features which make it easy to lift, its a space saver treadmill with a 3.0 CHP Mach Z commercial motor system, 20 x 60 tread belt, and Proshox cushioning for user comfort as well as avoid hurting users with back pain.
The model has a tech savvy design with 6 inches backlit display, 12% quick electronic incline plus a choice of 22 inbuilt workout apps. The speed levels can be adjusted to as high as 12 mph making it ideal for various levels of speed on track inclines and declines.
This treadmill has a lifetime body protection due to the materials used to put it up; it also has a motor warranty, a 1-year labor warranty, and a 3-years parts warranty.
- A large workout area.
- The treadmill has a top speed of 12mph.
- Can accommodate weights well over 300 pounds.
- The firm’s customer service is taking long to get back to you in the event of a breakdown.
- Lower quality belt and rollers.
5. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra Electric Treadmill
It’s one treadmill in the market that can carry weights of up to 400 pounds. Though it has a high torque motor with 1.5 horsepower, the system has a quiet drive that reduces noise during workouts.
It has two incline levels and a maximum decline and incline speed of 4mph; these features make it the best beginner treadmill. The running deck is quite long and is suitable for walking as well as running workouts.
The thread belt is 20 inches long, and the safety handles are 18 inches long. The LCD monitors make it easy for you to keep track of the speed, distance, time, pulse and calories burned.
- Long thread belt that allows maximum performance during a workout.
- Can accommodate very high weights.
- The treadmill has a standard but useful computer monitor.
- Belt slides around if not adjusted properly.
- Customer service is taking long to respond to any queries.
4. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
This treadmill is probably one of the cheapest ProForm models. It is a heavy duty machine that handles 325 pounds. Its foldable design makes it an excellent option for those hoping to save some space while working out.
Its running track is very spacious having a length of 70 inches, a width of 34 inches and a height of 591/2 inches. The track has ProShox cushioning with a quick incline of 0-10% and a top speed of 12mph.
The machine also possesses 18 workout apps, iPod, and iFit compatible audio system with a limited warranty.
- Users can enjoy top speeds of 12mph.
- The treadmill has 18 workout apps designed for all types of users.
- The tech aspect makes it easy to use with its iPod, iFit compatibility.
- Various frame parts are put up with less durable parts
- Compared to other ProForm treadmills, the display is very standard.
3. Rebel Treadmill 1000 Desk Treadmill
This Treadmill is a base that fits under a desk which has a standing height. The machine gives out a 1.5 horsepower. It also holds a DC constant drive motor. This treadmill runs incredibly smoothly and quietly.
The treadmill does not start or stop instantly, so there is no sudden jerking when starting or instant stopping but in the event of any distress, you can pull the safety cord. Additionally, the machine doesn’t have any maximum hours of usage within a day.
- The treadmill is lightweight, meaning that, its assembly can take place quickly compared to other treadmills.
- It has front wheels for convenient moving
- Compact design that occupies little space
- The putting up instructions are simple to understand
- The firm’s customer service support is fantastic
- It is not attached to a desk like other treadmills
- The Rebel Treadmill 1000 gradually comes to a halt when you press the stop button. One might fall out if over exhausted.
2. Best Choice Products Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill
With this Treadmill, your home is your gym. The Black 500W features a multi-function display which helps one to track their progress. The 500W motor makes it sturdy while at work, and the treadmill folds manually fast.
This Folding Electric Treadmill is a made in U.S.A. It is designed to ensure maximum safety while working out for any user, regardless of their weight, fitness level, or age.
- Affordability – At under $200, this Folding Electric Treadmill is a bargain for anyone.
- Safety Key- by pulling this key, the motor shuts instantly thus stopping the treadmill.
- The Black 500w can support the weight of up to 250 lbs.
- No cushioning on the deck
- No space for a water holder
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
Sunny Health & Fitness have produced many good quality rowing machines and exercise bikes for people on a budget, but they have also produced a few decent looking treadmills as well.
One of their most popular models is the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill. This equipment is an affordable machine that delivers a decent workout and doesn’t take up a lot of space in your home. The treadmill is available in a choice of two different colors i.e. gray or pink
- Conveniently placed controls on the handrails that you can use to adjust the speed
- Easy to fold away when you have finished using it
- Pulse rate sensor on the handlebars
- Soft drop system which allows the treadmill to be lowered slowly and softly
- Low incline setting of only 6 degrees
- Limited height thus it will not suit tall people
Which Treadmill Should You Buy?
Of all these treadmills the Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra Electric Treadmill is the top choice for both beginners and advanced users. This piece of equipment has a high carrying capacity thus not limiting overweight people from losing weight.
The quiet drive in the motor system is something that most treadmills lack. The noises made during workouts are very displeasing; everyone wants a quiet and then surprise people with a stunning body.
Beginners will have an easy time with it whereas pros will enjoy better function abilities. It’s also very affordable, and you can do away with the tiresome trips to the gym by owning it.