Tower paddle boards are also known as stand up paddle boards, or SUPs. What this means is that you can use them either sitting down or standing and you want to make sure you keep a few things in mind when looking to buy one.
Those things are: the board length, the width of the board, the shape of the hull, how stable they are when in the water, how well they float, what features the board has, how the board is constructed, and the types of built-in fins it has.
By making sure you look at all of these things, you are ensuring that you are finding a good board that will give you a lot of uses.
Below are the top 10 best tower paddle boards available in 2018 and the different features and benefits that make them the best, as well as a few things that you should be aware of.
At the end of this article, you should have a better understanding of paddle boards and be able to pick out which one is the best for you and your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1. Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP Package
- 2. Solstice by Swimline Bali Stand-Up Paddleboard
- 3. Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 4. ISLE Airtech Inflatable 10′ All Around Stand Up Paddle Board
- 5. CBC 10’6” Classic Foam Paddle Board
- 6. ISLE Classic Soft Top Stand Up Paddle Board
- 7. PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 8. BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original Stand up Paddleboard
- 9. Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 10. Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package “Adventurer 2”
- Which Tower Paddle Board Should You Buy?
1. Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP Package
This board comes in at a price of $579. Not only is this inflatable, but it actually feels like a normal hard board when fully erect. This board can take up to 15psi but feels normal right at 10. When it’s actually on the water, it can hold weight of up to 350 pounds.
It is made from PVC that is military grade and is kept together by drop-stitches. Since this board is 9’10”, it’s very easy to store and extremely portable. This product is a package so it comes with the board, pump, and an adjustable 3 piece paddle that is made from fiberglass.
- 2-year warranty that will cover everything except wear and tear from normal use
- Once deflated, you can roll it up just like a sleeping bag
- You can add a seat attachment if you want
- If you use the included manual pump, it takes around 150-200 pumps
- It doesn’t have any cords on top of the board for storage
2. Solstice by Swimline Bali Stand-Up Paddleboard
This SUP comes in at $416.30 and is very fast and lightweight. When fully inflated, it measures at 10’8″, so there’s plenty of room. This board has 4 tie-downs made from stainless steel that can be used for securing all your gear. The material on this board is Denier 3 ply PVC, which is extremely durable.
Included in this package is: the board, pump, gauge, and a carrying bag. The board itself is only about 39 pounds, so it isn’t too super heavy. It is completely filled once you pump it up to 15psi and, since it’s inflatable, it’s very easy to store away.
- It’s easy to store away
- The weight limit is around 200 pounds
- You can use an electric pump to inflate it
- A paddle is not included so you’ll have to buy one separately
- The bottom fin is removable so it might be easy to lose it
3. Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This 14′ board comes in at $799. It is made with materials that are military grade so it would be hard to mess it up. The way it’s designed makes it great for racing and going fast! Included in the package is the board, a pump, an adjustable 3 piece paddle.
This can hold up to 700 pounds and is 32 inches wide. This is great for having multiple people, a dog, or a bunch of equipment. This board is also 8 inches thick so you don’t have to worry about it being thin and flimsy.
- You can attach rings in order to tie down your equipment
- You can use a battery operated pump, which makes inflation go much faster
- The paddle only ways about 34 ounces, so it’s not super heavy
- It can be kind of tricky to attach a seat, which needs to be purchased separately
- It doesn’t come with a carrying bag so you might have to buy once specifically for this or use a duffle bag that has zippers
4. ISLE Airtech Inflatable 10′ All Around Stand Up Paddle Board
Coming in at $595, this stand up paddle board is a great choice for people of all skill levels. This 10 feet, 17.5 pound board can hold up to 240 pounds. The package comes with the board, a pump that has high pressure, paddle and a carrying bag.
The paddle is adjustable and great for traveling. In addition, it is made from PVC that is military grade and has a thickness of 6 inches. It is also constructed with drop-stitches. Another great thing is that it comes with bungee cords, which are great for securing equipment.
- It has a carrying handle in the middle of the board
- It has a bottom fin that can be removed if needed
- You can use an electric pump to blow it up
- The board does not have an ankle strap attached
- It doesn’t have attachments to install a seat
5. CBC 10’6” Classic Foam Paddle Board
This board comes in at around $559. It’s 10’6″ and is made of foam. It’s 100% waterproof so you don’t have to worry about water damaging the foam. This package includes the board, an adjustable paddle, a leash, 3 fins, a mount for a camera, a protective tail cap, and roof racks.
In addition, it has a shield that you can adjust from 63 inches to 83 inches. The weight limit is 300 pounds, so you can be confident that you and all your equipment will fit just fine.
- The weight of that actual board is only 25 pounds
- You don’t have to worry about pumping it up
- The roof rack ensures you can quickly strap it to many vehicles
- Since it’s made from foam, it might get beat up easier from stuff in the water
- It can’t be rolled up so storing might be a little bit of a hassle
6. ISLE Classic Soft Top Stand Up Paddle Board
This paddle board comes in at a price of $595. It’s 10 feet 8 inches and has a weight limit of 275 pounds. It’s great for everyone regardless of their skill level. Included in the package is the board, a paddle that adjusts up to 85 inches, a carrying handle, a center fin, and a deck grip that is non slip.
It has a high density bottom and a top deck made from soft materials. It’s 5 inches thick and 31 inches wide. It’s especially great for fresh water use.
- The material is strong and can even withstand sharp dog claws
- It only weighs 26 pounds
- The soft top is great for doing yoga
- It doesn’t come with a grip on the top
- No straps or tie downs on the board
7. PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This 10 feet 6 inch board comes in right around $595. It has a weight limit of 300 pounds and the board itself only weighs 23 pounds. This board is 6 inches thick and is made with PVC that is military grade. It comes with the board, an adjustable paddle, a backpack for carrying, a coil surf leash, and a high pressure pump.
It also has bungee cords attached so you can secure all your equipment right on the board. It has a handle so you can easily carry it and it’s great for all types of people regardless of their skills.
- It has a 1 year warranty and 30 day return guarantee
- You can use an electric pump if you wanted
- It can be rolled up like a sleeping bag for storage
- If the paddle is dropped it fills up with water quickly and sinks
- The fin is removable so it might be easy to lose
8. BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original Stand up Paddleboard
This board comes in green or red. The sizes are 9 feet 4 inches, which is priced at $681 and 11 feet 4 inches, which is priced at $799. The smaller board has a weight limit of 135 pounds while the bigger one has a limit of 220 pounds.
There is a handle that makes it easy to carry around and a removable fin as well. The great thing about this is there are a few to choose from so you can be sure you are getting the board that’s perfect for you.
- Different lengths for different sized people
- It only weighs around 25 pounds so it’s very lightweight
- It has a very sturdy handle for carrying
- It doesn’t include a paddle
- It only has 1 fin
9. Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This 14 inch board comes in right at $799. It is 8 inches thick and 32 inches wide. This can accommodate up to 700 pounds, which is really great for people who want to have more than one rider. It comes with the board, an adjustable 3 piece paddle, and a pump to inflate it.
It inflates to 10-11 PSI and feels just like a normal hard board when fully pumped up. The design makes it great for gaining speed so you can be sure you can have fun during races!
- It can hold 700 pounds
- The paddle is adjustable
- You can use an electric pump if you wanted
- It doesn’t have any attachments for seats
- The removable fin might be easy to lose
10. Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package “Adventurer 2”
For a price of $599, this 10 feet 4 inch board is a great deal. It has a weight limit of 350 pounds and is made with drop-stitch. This package includes the board, bungee cords on the front, 2 handles for carrying, a 3 piece paddle that is adjustable, a removable fin, and a pump.
It’s very portable and very easy to roll up and store. This is great for many different skill levels and types of water.
- You can use an electric pump if you wanted
- It has a pretty high weight limit
- It has a paddle that can be made shorter or longer
- It doesn’t have any kind of ankle leash
- The paddle doesn’t float very well
Which Tower Paddle Board Should You Buy?
All of these boards have great benefits and few setbacks. The best one would be the Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. Not only can it hold a huge amount of weight but you can easily roll it up and store it after you’re done with it.
It’s great for everyone regardless of how their skills are and it’s great for pretty much any type of water. If this is something you’re looking for then go and check it out. If this one isn’t for you, there are plenty other ones to choose from on the list. No matter what you choose, you won’t be disappointed!