When looking to exercise and stay in shape, one of the best things you can get is an exercise bike. With an exercise bike, you will be in a position to get a good cardiovascular workout in your home on a regular basis.
An exercise bike provides a number of benefits for people who are looking to get a good workout. First, an exercise bike is stationary and therefore you can get a good workout in one specific place each time.
Another benefit is that an exercise bike can allow you to get as light or as heavy a workout as you want. With an exercise bike, you can also exercise your legs more than most other activities. This will allow you to improve your strength and endurance as a result.
Like a number of other products that are available, getting an exercise bike will require that you consider a few things before buying one. The first thing you will want to focus on is the price.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Exercise Bike
There are many factors to consider throughout your search to discover the best exercise bike for your needs. By focusing on these factors, you will be in a position to get the ideal exercise bike that best meets your needs.
It will be important to get an exercise bike that is affordable so that you don’t spend too much on a valuable piece of exercise equipment. Setting a budget at the beginning is a great way to refine your search. If you’ll spend multiple times a week using the exercise bike, you may wish to invest in a high-quality unit, compared to someone who’ll only use the bike occasionally.
Not all stationary bikes are nosy, though some can become disruptive. Consider what time of day you’ll use the bike and if this will disturb neighbors or people within the house. If you’re looking for a unit that comes with a built-in fan, this is a great feature for exercising, though can contribute to additional noise.
Bear in mind if you like to watch TV while exercising so the noise doesn’t bother your activity. You can always turn the volume up, though this isn’t ideal if you exercise when others are asleep.
Size and Weight
Another thing you will want to consider is the size of the bike. It will be important to get one that is big enough for you to exercise with comfort and not too big for your home.
You should also consider the maximum weight allowed on the bike. If you’re interested in purchasing a portable, fold-away design, this won’t withstand a large weight and will make it unstable to use.
Generally speaking, the more the bike weighs, the better the stability. However, this can be an inconvenience if you wish to transport the bike from one place to another or if you live on the top floor in apartments.
Do you like to be left to your own devices when exercising or prefer guidance to push through your workouts? Sometimes, motivation isn’t enough and we need a workout program that can keep us going and help to reach our goals.
It can come at an additional cost to purchase a high-end stationary bike that offers a workout program, though this is great if you’re serious about improving your fitness. Alternatively, perhaps you’re content without any assistance and wish to gently ride while watching the TV.
Many stationary bikes offer different resistances. A bike with a magnetic resistance is easily adjustable via the computer within the bike. At the touch of a button, you can make it more difficult. This costs more but it’s easy to track your progress.
Alternatively, manual resistances require you to turn a knob to reach a level that’s right for you. This can seem a little outdated to some and doesn’t allow you to see what level you’re at via the screen.
Do you need the stationary bike to have a book holder so you can read while keeping fit? Perhaps you’re searching for one with a bottle holder to remain hydrated while exercising.
Does the bike also come with an adjustable seat and handles so everyone in the house can use it? This is a great feature to get everyone fit and means you can keep it for longer as your body changes.
You will also want to consider the features of an exercise bike in terms of technology and the ability to adjust workouts. Does the bike come with a heart rate monitor so you can track your progress?
Perhaps a built-in console will make it easier to navigate through the different settings so you can see the number of calories burned, distance traveled, current resistance and more. This is a great motivation if you tend to become bored during exercise.
The Top 10 Best Stationary Bikes To Buy
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best stationery bikers available on the market in 2019.
Table of Contents
- Factors to Consider When Buying an Exercise Bike
- The Top 10 Best Stationary Bikes To Buy
- 10. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- 9. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- 8. Sunny Health & Fitness Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- 7. Sunny Folding Recumbent Bike
- 6. Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
- 5. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- 4. Body Rider BRF700 Fan Upright Exercise Bike
- 3. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
- 1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- Which Stationary Bike Should You Buy?
10. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
The Schwin 230 Recumbent Bike is one of the top exercise bikes on the market due to its size, technological features and number of programs. With this bike, you can use an LCD window to track your progress and workouts. This bike will also allow you to keep data in order to monitor your fitness goals.
There are also 22 programs to choose from when looking to work out using this bike. With these amount of programs, users will have lots of variety to take advantage of when exercising with this particular bike as well.
- Number of programs available
- Ability to efficiently track fitness goals
- Size: Bike may be a little large for certain homes or apartments
- Price: The bike is a little more expensive than others
9. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
The Schwin 170 Upright Bike has a dual track LCD window to allow users to monitor 13 different feedbacks. It also allows you to track goals on a regular basis and help you achieve them. There are 29 programs and 4 user settings which can help users more easily set and reach fitness goals.
This bike also has 25 levels of resistance as well. The amount of resistance levels will ensure that users can adjust the intensity of their workouts on a regular basis.
- Many levels of resistance to maximize workouts
- Has among the most programs available of any exercise bike
- Provides the most up to date technology to monitor fitness goals and progress
- This bike is quite tall and may be a little difficult to use for shorter users
- The bike is among the most expensive exercise bikes on the market.
8. Sunny Health & Fitness Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness Belt Drive Indoor Cycling bike is one of the top exercise bikes on the market. It has a sturdy frame and a rock solid build with front mounted transport wheels. With this bike, users can experience resistance that is among the most realistic available.
There is also a silent ride with the bike, so users will not have to deal with any distracting noises while riding it. This feature will allow users to avoid hearing noises that may annoy or distract them during the workout.
- Silent ride
- Excellent resistance for effective workouts
- Solid build
- Low to the ground which can cause strain for some users
- Technology is not as advanced as other options available
7. Sunny Folding Recumbent Bike
With the Sunny Folding Recumbent Bike, users will be able to take advantage of a stowaway bike that can fold for easy storage. The folded design is one of the best things about this bike. This allows you to store the bike when not in use as well as avoid taking up too much space.
It is also adjustable with a magnetic resistance system for pedals and steps. With this feature, users will be able to maximize the efficiency of their workouts. There are also adjustable seats and a cushioned seats and seat back which provide maximum comfort for users during their workouts.
- Folding feature for easy storage
- Comfortable seat
- Compact design which won’t take up too much space
- Not much technology compared to other bikes
- Design does not provide support for users in the front
6. Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
With the Sunny Indoor Cycling bike, users can take advantage of a bike that will allow them to exercise with a tracking device for things such as speed and time. It also provides solid construction which can support up to 265 pounds.
It is also a compact bike that will enable you to exercise without taking up too much space in your home. The compact design will likely provide users with a bike that can give them a comfortable item to exercise on and also avoid overcrowding in their homes. The construction and technology features will ensure comfort, stability and efficiency during each and every workout as well.
- Compact size for convenient use
- Monitor tracks time, speed and calories
- Solid steel construction
- Limited technological features
- Might be a little uncomfortable for some users due to seat design
5. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is a foldable bike that contains a V belt double driven transmission system. It also has a precision balanced flywheel, 8 level adjustable tension control systems and also and easy to read LCD screen to display time, speed and heart rate.
With its solid construction, the bike can support up to 300 pounds. By getting this bike, users will be in position to take advantage of a bike that can give them the intensity they need to work out in. It also provides them with the ability to monitor their fitness goals and progress as well.
- One of the cheapest and most affordable bikes available
- Solid construction
- Plenty of technological features to monitor progress
- Doesn’t have front handle bars and therefore contains no frontal support
- May be a little too compact and small for some users
4. Body Rider BRF700 Fan Upright Exercise Bike
The Body Rider BRF700 Fan Upright exercise bike is one of the more old fashioned exercise bikes on the market. It has dual action handlebars which can help you get both an upper and lower body workout. The bike is also easy to adjust in terms of resistance levels.
There is also an adjustable seat which can provide better comfort for users. With this bike, you will also get a sturdy frame which provides stability and support for users. A combination of these features will help a number of people get a cardio workout that will help them get in shape in maximum comfort.
- Solid construction for support
- Provides you with both an upper and lower body workout
- Easy to adjust resistance levels
- Very limited technology features
- Somewhat outdated design
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
This is an indoor cycling bike that offers a flywheel with up to 40 pounds. It also contains a system that consists of a heavy duty crank and chain drive. You will also get a seat that can be adjusted with ease along withe comfortable handlebars when using this particular bike.
There are also resistance systems and transport wheels that can be adjusted with ease as well. The bike can hold weights up to 275 pounds for an excellent amount of support. As a result of these features, users of this bike will be able to get an effective workout with one of the most comprehensive and affordable exercise bikes on the market.
- Solid construction and design
- Can change resistance systems for intensity of workout
- Seats and handlebars can be adjusted for maximum comfort
- Handlebars are low to the ground which can cause some discomfort for some users
- One of the least technologically advanced bikes on the market
2. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
The 900XL bike offers users with one of the most challenging cardiovascular workouts provided by any exercise bike. It also minimizes stress on the joints, hips and back. There are eight levels which allow you to customize your workout.
The bike has an easy to read LCD display to monitor calories burned, speed and heart rate. With this bike, users will take advantage of a compact design that provides support up to 300 pounds. It also offers a three year warranty as well. These features ensure that users will be able to get the most out of their use with this particular bike.
- Offers one of the most challenging workouts available
- Minimizes tension on body
- Provides a good warranty
- Size can be a little too large for some indoor settings
- Position of handle bars can cause some discomfort for users
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
This folding bike provides users with easy storage with its folded design. It also provides a large seat for maximum comfort as well.
With its compact design, it wont’ take up too much space which will make it convenient for many users. Contains a 8 level magnetic tension control system which allows you to adjust the intensity of a workout.
- Easy storage
- Compact design
- Adjustable workouts
- Limited technology features
- Compact design can cause some discomfort while working out
Which Stationary Bike Should You Buy?
These exercise bikes are known to be among the best available on the market. Each of these bikes provides a number of features such as solid construction, adjustable levels for workout intensity and also maximum comfort. Some of these bikes also have a folded design which provides users with easy storage.
These bikes also have technology features that allow users to easily monitor their workouts by evaluating their speed, heart rate and amount of calories burned. In terms of which bike to purchase, it is recommended that you buy the Schwin 230 Recumbent bike due to the technology features, number of programs available and also the ability to efficiently track fitness goals.
If you are in the market for an exercise bike check out these ten bikes today. By evaluating these bikes, you will be able to find an exercise bike that will provide you with the most effective cardiovascular workouts you can have.
Jump to top