If you're someone who needs the best spot treatment for cystic acne, you're not alone. Having a pimple can be challenging enough, but cystic acne is a whole other ballgame. However, don't despair. There are treatments available.
The best spot treatment for cystic acne can help you manage these persistent bumps. These products can help you get the swelling under control and may even prevent scarring. But first, you have to understand cystic acne.
What Is Cystic Acne?
Cystic acne is one of the most severe types of acne. These pimples have cysts that form underneath the skin. Most of the time, dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria clogging your pores cause cystic acne.
People with oily skin are most prone to developing cystic acne. Hormonal changes in teenagers, as well as in women as they go through their menstrual cycles, are also prone to the development of cystic acne.
General Reminders When Dealing With Cystic Acne
Sometimes even the best spot treatment for cystic acne may not be strong enough to treat these stubborn bumps. In such a case, you should consult your dermatologist. Your doctor will be able to prescribe medications that may not be available over the counter.
There are several ways to treat cystic acne, including isotretinoin, oral antibiotics, topical retinoids, spironolactone, and oral contraceptives. But these treatments are usually available only with a prescription.
What's more, they may have side effects that only your dermatologist can warn you about. Depending on your case, you might also need a combination of these therapies.
How We Chose: Best Spot Treatment For Cystic Acne
To come up with the list of candidates for the best spot treatment for cystic acne, we scoured dozens of listings on Amazon. The products you see on this list are the top-rated ones, with consumer ratings of four stars or higher.
The 8 Best Spot Treatment for Cystic Acne You Can Buy In 2020
If you choose to try your luck with over the counter medications and remedies, then these are the best spot treatment for cystic acne. These products are also helpful for those people who are under the care of their dermatologists, as they can complement prescription drugs and prevent acne from coming back or reduce the appearance of scars.
1. TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
- BEST TREATMENT FOR CYSTIC ACNE: Our acne spot treatment is a fast-acting solution that fights pimples and cystic acne...
- FIGHT CYSTIC ACNE WITH BENTONITE CLAY: Unlike other stubborn zit treatments, our spot treatment for zits contains...
- PREVENT ADULT & TEEN ACNE: Our spot acne treatment products not only gets rid of facial acne and bacne, it helps prevent...
The TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment takes care of even your most severe acne. You can use it on any part of your body, and it's gentle enough for sensitive skin. Even teenagers can use this spot treatment.
This product can calm down cystic acne and pimple breakouts quickly. The TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment unclogs your pores, removes dead skin cells, and nourishes troubled skin. Apply this product any time and reapply as needed.
Plus, the TreeActive spot treatment not only clears your acne, but it also prevents it from coming back. It can balance the oil production of your skin, lessening the chances of another breakout.
What Makes It Effective Against Cystic Acne?
It uses bentonite clay, which can protect and clean your skin. Bentonite clay also treats contact dermatitis caused by poison oak and poison ivy. It is useful with other forms of dermatitis. It can even heal skin lesions and ulcers.
According to the manufacturer, bentonite clay can draw out the toxins from your sebaceous glands while eliminating dirt and impurities. It can also supply your skin cells with oxygen by drawing the extra hydrogen out. On top of bentonite clay, this product also contains natural antibacterial ingredients that can heal the skin without drying it.
These other ingredients include tea tree oil, spearmint, aloe vera, witch hazel, and pink grapefruit essential oil. Tea tree oil holds a lot of promise in treating acne. This ingredient can kill a host of harmful microorganisms, including microbes, viruses, protozoa, and bacteria.
Meanwhile, spearmint also has antifungal and antioxidant properties. It can also reduce swelling due to muscle or nerve pain. When taken as a tea, spearmint can even cure cystic acne. Aloe vera, on the other hand, protects your skin while giving it a steady supply of antioxidants. It can also fight inflammation, promote collagen production, and moisturize your skin. It also has anti-aging abilities while killing bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Witch hazel is also an excellent moisturizer for acne-prone skin. On top of its astringent effect, witch hazel also fights inflammation and eczema. Meanwhile, pink grapefruit essential oil is said to be effective against acne and oily skin. It can also combat toxin buildup and dull skin.
2. Rael Acne Pimple Healing Patch
- MADE WITH HIGH-GRADE HYDROCOLLOID: Adhere directly to the skin and extract all the pus and impurities straight from the...
- "MFD" (Date of Manufacturing) - The date on the back of the package stands for Manufactured Date, not expiration date.
- TRANSPARENT: Invisible so you can feel confident wearing the patches in bright sunlight.
The Rael Acne Pimple Healing Patch helps hide and heal your blemishes. The product is a collection of 24 invisible patches that blends with your skin color. You can even hide it under makeup.
Hydrocolloid patches keep your pimples moist to draw out pus and other fluids from inside. It helps heal acne and reduces its severity. It also proved useful in calming skin and reducing oiliness, and it leaves the treatment area with no dark pigmentation.
Quite a number of reviewers mentioned that these patches are great for cystic acne.
3. DRMTLGY 24-Hour Acne Serum
- QUICKLY FIGHTS ACNE BACTERIA ON THE SPOT. Treats acne breakouts, reduces pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads within 24...
- CONTAINS THE PUREST FORM OF BENZOYL PEROXIDE 5%. United States Pharmacopeia (USP) grade Benzoyl Peroxide 5% penetrates...
- GLYCOLIC ACID 5% REDUCES ACNE SCARRING. Glycolic Acid in the form of sugar cane gently exfoliates to increase cellular...
The DRMTLGY 24-Hour Acne Serum promises to dry out your breakouts while preventing new ones quickly. You can use this product for both your body and face. It is also perfect for both spot treatments and cystic acne remedy.
When dealing with cystic acne, this product can eliminate the swelling and the pimple. It can diminish scarring while controlling sebum production.
The manufacturer promises quick and fast action against acne breakouts, blackheads, and whiteheads. Within 24 hours, this serum will dissolve the oils that are blocking your pores without drying your skin.
This serum has United States Pharmacopeia-grade benzoyl peroxide, which can get into your pores to unclog them. It also has glycolic acid that exfoliates, rejuvenates, and renews your skin. It can remove the debris from your skin cells, too.
The manufacturer also claims that the product reduces oil buildup by as much as 85 percent. You don't have to worry about inflammation and redness. This product is safe for all skin types and comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
4. DERMAKR Discreet Acne Pimple Patch
- HEALS PIMPLES QUICKLY - This anti-acne patch will fix pimples quickly by drying them out and absorbing all the...
- PREVENTS SCARS - Stay scar free while removing your acne when you use our pimple patch. This hydrocolloid patch soothes...
- INVISIBLE PIMPLES IN AN INSTANT - Each discreet patch is made out of super, ultra-thin Hydrocolloid sheets, a...
You can use the DERMAKR Discreet Acne Pimple Patch to treat cystic acne and fade pimple scars. These hydrocolloid facial stickers quickly dry out pimples. It absorbs all the bacteria, pus, dirt, irritants, and other fluids from your zits.
On top of healing your acne, this patch can also prevent another breakout. It can reduce oiliness and redness while helping you avoid pigment changes.
5. Rois On Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Healing Spot Patch
- A.D.F. Hydrocolloid Material Approved by FDA - Hydrocolloid acne patch extracts impurities and pus from your pimple...
- Fast and Intensive Treatment - Breathable thin layer keeps skin hydrated, maximizes healing effects and prevents...
- Protecting the Problematic Areas - Rois On Acne Pimple Master Patch adds protective barrier against dirty fingers and...
The Rois On Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Healing Spot Patch is guaranteed to stick on your skin. It does not matter if you have dry or oily skin; the patch will stay. It protects your skin from blemishes and heals acne in no time.
These patches use the highest grade hydrocolloid that will extract impurities and pus. They are vegan-friendly and safe for use by pregnant women and nursing moms. The patches also do not contain alcohol, sulfates, or parabens.
Several reviewers attest to how effective the patches are at reducing the size of their cystic acne.
6. Happy Care by Enji Acne Patches
- OVERNIGHT HEALING: The beauty patch contains pus absorbing hydrocolloid gel which is an effective acne treatment. It...
- INVISIBLE PROTECTION: This whisper-thin translucent acne patch sticks to a pimple for over 8 hours and goes unnoticed....
- HYGIENIC COVER-UP: This medicated acne bandaid restricts you from picking on your pimples and thus prevent infection...
The Happy Care by Enji Acne Patches can heal your acne fast. You stick a patch directly on a pimple and leave it on. The patch will draw out the pus, dirt, and impurities from inside the zit.
The patches will also cover your pimple. You will not be able to scratch it, so it will not leave any scar. You can also use the patches to treat cystic acne. They reduce the oiliness and calm your skin.
What's more, the patches do not discolor the area where your acne used to be. They are also skin-like so that you can hide it under makeup.
7. Sakura Skin Acne Patch
- PROTECTION AND HEALING WITH HYDROCOLLOID FORMULA: hydrocolloid acne patch protects your pimples from dirt and prevents...
- HYPOALLERGENIC ACNE PIMPLE PATCH Hydrocolloid is the main ingredient of this pimple sticker, it's a natural acne spot...
- UNIQUE NATURAL FORMULA: Our acne dots are made of a special absorbent material which is slightly thicker than normal,...
The Sakura Skin Acne Patch is yet another spot treatment patch for cystic acne. Its hydrocolloid formula keeps your pimple clean and keeps you from scratching it while it heals. It absorbs pus, sebum, and other fluids out of your pimple.
You can hide your pimples under these patches, making even the most unsightly zits almost invisible.
8. 1001 Remedies Magic Skin Repair Gel
- AWARD WINNING ACNE SCAR TREATMENT: Voted “Best beauty product” by the Financial Times; parabens & cruelty-free,...
- GENTLE ACNE DARK SPOT REMOVER FOR FACE & BODY: Unlike salicylic acid products, this acne scar remover cream leaves the...
- All IN ONE ACNE SPOT TREATMENT: The pimple cream can be used as a cystic acne spot treatment, eczema cream or hormonal...
The 1001 Remedies Magic Skin Repair Gel is a spot treatment that can handle even cystic acne. More than clearing the worst acne breakout you have experienced, it also corrects dark spots and fades acne scars.
This product has aloe vera gel and 14 essential oils, including tea tree, chamomile, lavender, peppermint, thyme, myrrh, and helichrysum.
Myrrh has several skin-loving benefits, including killing bacteria, healing skin sores, and making your skin healthier. It also has antioxidant properties. Meanwhile, lavender, myrrh, and chamomile can help lessen the appearance of acne scars while also controlling inflammation. Thyme can also kill acne-causing bacteria.
On top of these effects, essential oils can also help you relax and relieve stress. Stress is one of the triggering factors of cystic acne and breakouts.
The Best Spot Treatment For Cystic Acne Can Help You Get Clearer Pimple-Free Skin
Your first course of action when dealing with cystic acne is a visit to your dermatologist. However, the best spot treatment for cystic acne can provide you with a robust second line of defense. The products we recommend here can help cleanse these ugly bumps, unclog your pores, and even slough away dead skin cells. In short, they get rid of the things that contribute to the development of cystic acne.
Not only that, but these products also save you from scarring and even from getting another breakout in the future.
Have you chosen the best spot treatment for cystic acne for you? Which one is it? Share it with us in the comments!