Are you tired of spending money on plants and crops that don’t produce or die before they even get started?
Perhaps you’re fed up with having bare spots in your lawn or wilted brown leaf specimens in your flowerbed or garden. If so, it’s a good indication that your soil doesn’t have the right nutrients for lawn, vegetables, and fruit to survive.
To get around this, you should invest in a testing soil kit that provides pH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potash readings.
It is highly suggested that you should test your soil before and during the growing season and adjust it accordingly for a better crop, lawn, and flowerbed. Testing your soil is one of the leading most important aspects of gardening.
Most of these soil testing kits are easy to use and provide a step-by-step detailed instruction manual on how to test each soil area. In these instructions, you will also learn how to adjust your soil to bring forth the right nutrients for the soil that you have tested.
There are many soil testing kits available today to choose from that are capable of giving an accurate scientific reading. So, which why is better than the other?
I have done some research that can help you make the right choice for your soil needs. Let’s take some time to look at the top 10 best soil test kits you can buy.
Table of Contents
10. Luster Leaf 1840 Rapitest Soil pH Meter
Luster Leaf 1840 is ideal for many different types of plants and flowers; fruits and vegetables; trees and shrubs; and grass lawns. It also includes informational advice for 400 or more plant options. In fact, it even offers information on how to adjust the PH levels based on your results.
The soil PH meter from Rapitest uses a safe and accurate logarithmic scale and distinctive corded probe for easy reading while measuring. For premium results, it is recommended to place the probe deep into the ground for an accurate and precise PH reading. Per direction, it suggests that it should be cleaned properly in between use.
- Provides accurate PH reading when placed far enough into the ground.
- It’s inexpensive
- A review stated they ran a test and the needle moved and was precise.
- Some reviews state that it doesn’t have an accurate PH reading.
- A customer review said the needle didn’t move for them.
9. Environmental Concepts pH7 Dual Probe Meter
The Environmental Concepts PH7 uses a dual probe measuring system. In fact, both probes are intended to be inserted with the same soil depth simultaneously to give an accurate PH reading.
The automatic measuring concept is easy to use and follow. It provides detailed instructions on how to do the test and regulate the soil after the PH reading.
It includes a cleaning pad for proper cleaning before and after use. The scale plate is made with clear and precise measurements that can measure a large range of PH levels and is easy to use. It requires batteries to operate.
- Precise PH readings.
- Easy to use.
- It’s a great product for the price.
- The probe needs to be cleaned to give an actual reading.
- A customer stated there was a study that indicated it was not suitable for horticultural use.
8. Luster Leaf 1605 Rapitest Testing Kit
The Luster Leaf 1605 Rapitest Digital Soil Tester uses highly developed LED digital technology and an exclusive optical calibration system to examine the test colors. The system is modified to read small color variations that the human eye is incapable of seeing.
It is effortless to use all you have to do once you have it in the ground is push the test button and the results will appear to you in seconds. The scale provides accurate PH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash readings.
It offers a detailed booklet of information on how to regulate the soils PH levels as well as suggestions on 450 plants in certain levels of soil.
- It takes the guesswork out of measuring the color effect of the reagents for testing soils.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- It provides a genuine and accurate PH reading
- It’s difficult to capsule’s powder into the testing tubes.
- Difficult to read results.
7. Luster Leaf 1612 Rapitest pH Soil Tester
The Luster Leaf 1612 remains to be an effective home soil testing kit. It can provide a well needed accurate PH reading in a garden, lawn, and more.
It contains enough of capsules for ten testing PH results for one season. The creative color comparator system gives an easy to follow color comparison, unlike the standard color chart.
This Rapitest PH soil tester provides test results that can help the average gardener to fertilize the soil for the best possible growth for fruits and vegetables.
Not only does this kit provide an accurate reading but also gives a detailed recommendation for PH levels for over 400 plants.
- It provides a correct PH reading.
- Quick and straightforward to use.
- It does a good job.
- The level lines are hard to see.
- The tube opening that the capsule powder goes in is small.
6. Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Tester 1609CS
The Luster Leaf 1609CS is an economical soil test kit intended for testing the PH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash levels in a garden or flower bed soil.
It is straightforward with detailed instructions for regulating the level of the soil. It includes the right amount of testing material needed for a full season of gardening.
Meaning, you have four Ph tests, two Nitrogen, two Phosphorus, and two Potash as well as colored coated test tubes for defined precise readings.
It provides a list of 25 plants of recommendations and a detailed scale on how to adjust and fertilize the soil after receiving the testing results.
- The charts help you to determine what to add after testing.
- The testing results are at a professional level.
- Great and simple to use.
- It can be difficult if you don’t follow directions.
- A few reviews stated the PH reading was inaccurate.
5. Tinksky Portable 3-in-1 Soil Tester
The Tinksky 3-in-1 Soil Tester works with all types of soil blends and is ideal for indoor plants and outdoor gardening and lawn soil PH testing. It has three different functions all in one meter that measures the moisture of the ground, Ph in the soil, and the environmental light.
It is made out of durable hard plastic, and a metal sustains. It is simply to use all is necessary to get a good reading is to place the tester into the soil, adjust the settings, and read the scale indicator. It doesn’t even require batteries to work or electricity.
- After about five minutes in the ground, it has an accurate PH reading.
- Good quality product.
- It has nice long probes.
- The small design makes it hard to read.
- Getting the probe into well-rooted pots is difficult.
4. Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Soil Test Kit
The Luster Leaf 1601 Soil Test Kit has four individual color comparators and tests for PH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium. It also provides a chart that indicates what the PH level consistency should be for well over 100 plants. It is straightforward and fast to use and is scientifically accurate.
It provides detailed instruction that indicates how the soil needs to be adjusted after receiving the test results. The Rapitest soil kit provides plenty of tests to run throughout the growing season.
It comes with a pH preference list for well over 450 plants. The accuracy allows plants to get the nutrients they need to grow.
- Sold at a reasonable price.
- Relatively easy to put the capsule powder in the value.
- When this test kit tells you the pH is neutral it is.
- The capsules are only good for one season.
- PH results can be off if not done correctly.
3. Luster Leaf 1662 Professional Soil Test Kit
The Luster Leaf 1662 Soil Test Kit is a low-cost soil testing tool. The professional classroom soil test kit gives thorough, comprehensive instructions on how to use the equipment.
Not to mention, how much adjustment is needed to produce a good soil mixture for growing crops, lawn, and other plants.
It comes with a full set of liquid reagents and equipment for a total of 40 tests. Meaning, there are ten tests for PH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potash.
When using this test kit a gardener or plant hobbyist can check the soil several times through the growing season for better results.
- Sold at a fair price.
- Works well and accurate
- Not complicated to use.
- The filter is fragile.
- Must go at least 4 inches in the ground for good a reading.
2. BeFirst Soil pH Tester Kits, 3-in-1 Soil Meter for Moisture
No products found.
No products found.
The BeFirst Soil pH Tester Kits, 3-in-1 Soil Meter for Moisture is intended to measure the PH level, light levels, and the moisture of the soil. This 3-in-1 soil kit is scientifically accurate and tested.
It doesn’t require the use of electricity or batteries to operate. It’s ideal for a gardener or planter to determine the best possible soil for their plants, vegetables, and fruit.
The tester kit is for indoors and outdoors. If the soil meter’s pointer doesn’t rotate, it is a good indication that the ground is dry. Try watering the area then test it again.
Also, if you already have plants in the soil, it could just be absorbing the water and need more.
- Great accurate pH, soil, and light meter.
- It works right out the box.
- It has three different meters in one device.
- It takes 5 to 10 minutes for a reading.
- Difficult to understand.
1. Whitetail Institute Laboratory Soil-Test Kit
The Whitetail Institute Laboratory Soil Test Kit ensures a flourishing food outcome. It can save you time and money and sends you the results by mail or e-mail within a week.
This kit offers professional consultation that can answer all of your questions and give insights on how to adjust your soil for better crop growth.
Everything is included in the kit to get you started and relatively simple to use. The Whitetail kit also gives you an idea of how much lime and fertilizer is needed to adjust your soil’s nutrients.
A professional soil test can determine if your crops will have substantial growth or wither away and die.
- Instructions are clear and easy to follow.
- The soil is professionally checked.
- 100% accurate.
- You must send a soil sample.
- No immediate results.
Which Soil Test Kit Should You Buy?
As can be seen, there are a lot of soil tester brands to choose from that can take care of your soil needs. Generally speaking, all the testers mention above as noted are very thorough and accurate in their PH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potash levels.
However, the soil tester that I feel stands out above the others is the Environmental Concepts PH7 Dual Probe Meter.
The reason I choose this soil tester is because of its unique dual probe that simultaneously tests the soil at the same time giving a tremendous impact on the soil readings.
To save you a lot of time and aggravation invest in one of these soil testing kits and start growing a great-looking lawn, garden, or flowerbed.