Selecting a ski helmet that is just right for you does not have to be strenuous. And it is always better to be safe while enjoying your self outdoors.
Do take full advantage of your outdoor experience and enhance your safety on the winter slopes by selecting and buying the right kind of helmet that fits your needs and personality.
Most high-end helmets offered are custom built that allows maximum comfort and function at very reasonable prices.
At most, these helmets offer a variety of functions that you can choose from depending on your needs of course. If you are the outdoorsy type then it is best to select a helmet that gives all of the best functions available.
Why settle for less when you can have the best? Listed below are suggested top 10 best ski helmets options that provide a wide range of functions you can literally choose from in 2019.
Table of Contents
- 10. OutdoorMaster Ski Helmet PRO
- 9. SMITH Men’s Aspect Helmet
- 8. Giro LEDGE Snow Helmet
- 7. Traverse Vigilis 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- 6. AKASO Ski Helmet
- 5. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
- 4. OutdoorMaster Ski Helmet
- 3. Traverse Dirus 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- 2. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
- 1. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
- Which Ski/Snowboard Helmets Should You Buy?
10. OutdoorMaster Ski Helmet PRO
The Outdoor Masters Ski Helmet Pro is equipped with an all-weather airflow climate control and an adjustment dial for a snug fit. It is lightweight with removable inner fleece liner and ear pads for easy washing, to make it odor and sweat free. So the next time you use it, it’s as good as new.
This high-performance helmet is certified safe as it fully complies with EN1077 safety standards with a 1-year money back guarantee.
- With size adjustment dial for a perfect fit.
- Certified Safe
- Removable liner and ear pads for easy cleaning
9. SMITH Men’s Aspect Helmet
The Smith Men’s Aspect Helmet is made of plastic and is imported. It features a lightweight in-mold construction that is fitted with a regulator adjustable climate control structure, which has 14 vents for efficient air-flow. It also has an adjustable dial fit system (DFS2).
- Has regulator adjustable climate control.
- With adjustable dial fit system.
- Light-weight in-mold construction
- With 14 vents
- Is made of plastic and imported.
8. Giro LEDGE Snow Helmet
A hard shell construction helmet with an auto loc 2 fit system that is removable for on-the-fly vertical tuning. It has a stack ventilation system with super cool vents and complies with CE EN1077.
Some added features are: compatible with Giro goggles and the Giro audio systems. Has removable goggle retainer and removable ear pads.
- Compatible with Giro goggles
- Removable ear pads
- Removable goggle trainer
- With super cool vents
- Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio
7. Traverse Vigilis 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
This particular helmet has 14 vents for optimum temperature regulation that has unyielding firm ABS outer shell, and an EPS interior shock absorbent covering.
It has an adjustable dial for customize fit and removable plush earmuffs that are available for warmth and protection. And a google clip is provided for firm attachment of the eyewear.
Its plus side is that it is built with replaceable foam pieces that can be converted into a bike helmet. It is likewise constructed with an ErgoKnob Adjustable Dial that allows you to tighten/contract and loosen/expand the plastic framework assembled into the helmet.
- With shock absorbent EPS interior.
- Contains plush earmuffs for protection and warmth.
- Can be transformed into a bike helmet.
- Equipped with adjustable dial for custom fit.
- Has google clip for firm eyewear attachment.
6. AKASO Ski Helmet
Although lightweight, the Akaso Ski Helmet is durable with impact-absorbing EPS liner and is CE certified. This provides maximum durability as well as protection.
It features a removable fleece liner and ear guards to provide comfort on the slopes by keeping your ears as well as your entire head warm. It can be easily adjusted to fit by rotating the dial tension provided at the back.
The adjustable vent slide allows the accumulated heat to go out and has a google loop at the rear end that snaps down to hold your goggles in place.
The easy to wash fleece liner and ear pads that come with this helmet makes it easier for you to keep it odor and sweat free. It comes with a lifetime breakage warranty.
- CE certified
- Durable lightweight
- Has adjustable vent slides
- Removable liner and ear guards
- With lifetime warranty
5. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
The Lucky Bums snow Sports Helmet can be purchased at an affordable price despite the fact that it offers high-end functionality and comfort.
No doubt that this helmet is durable, functional, stylish, and comfortable, as it is equipped with a google loop, two layers of protection and a padded chin strap.
This helmet has an external cap built from durable ABS material that is overlaid by a second outer shell of EPS material to provide dual security and protection.
It meets the EN1077 safety standards, is well vented, hypoallergenic and has an adjustable strap for a more comfortable fit. It is provided with the manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty.
- Provides all-around protection
- Meets the EN1077 standards
- Comfy with changeable fit and multi-sizing preferences
- Hypoallergenic lining and ear padding
- Comes with Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.
4. OutdoorMaster Ski Helmet
The Outdoor Master Ski Helmet is constructed with a shock-absorbing EPS core and a reinforced ABS shell for maximum safety and comfort. It comes in 9 different color combinations that have a sleek design and matte finished, which gives a more stylish options for you to choose from.
It is fitted out with an adjustable size dial for adjustment to achieve a perfect fit. The ear pads and inner fleece liner are removable and easy to wash. It also has 14 separate vents for ventilation and comes with a 1 year 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Certified safety
- Best in class ventilation for comfortable skiing
- Adjustable size to secure fit
- Has 9 different color options to choose from
- With 1 year 100% satisfaction warranty and customer service.
3. Traverse Dirus 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
This convertible ski helmet has 10 vent slots for maximum temperature adjustment with a durable built-in ABS shell exterior and hard shock absorbent EPS interior. It’s adjustable dial is made for custom fit and has plush removable earmuffs for protection and warmth.
A google clip is provided to securely attach the eyewear and is designed to transform into a helmet for biking by replacing the foam pieces.
When using the alterable dial to calculate the perimeter of your head, position the measuring tape 1 cm. directly on top of your eyebrows, and then encircle your head all around in a uniform and even loop.
- Has 10 vents
- With durable ABS exterior and EPS interior.
- With custom-fit adjustable dial
- Has removable earmuffs
- Can be transformed into a helmet that can be used for biking.
2. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
This sports helmet is constructed from a plastic material and has a buckle closure. It is 11 inches high and 10 inches wide. Being an all-weather innovative kind of helmet – it could be customized and adjusted.
It comes with a convertible kit pad that will keep you warm while skiing on the winter slopes and keep you cool in the summer when you skate on the parks.
A dual regulator ventilator system independently controls the front and back parts of the helmet’s ventilating system. This helps release heat via the rear vents while the front end remains sealed.
It is designed with an AirEvac system that removes warm, fog-causing air through the built-in air channels by creating maximum airflow that keeps the goggles clear and the head dry.
It is 19 ounce in weight and is Skullcandy audio system compatible (which is sold separately). The helmet comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- Innovative – can be used during summer and winter
- Has dual regulator ventilation regulator
- With AirEvac system
- ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 Class B, and CPSC certified
- With limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
1. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
The Lucky Bums Helmet is very functional, durable, stylish, and comfortable. The best thing about this helmet is that it comes at an economical price.
It is fitted with a google loop with two layers of protection and a cushioned lined chin strap. This helmet also meets the EN1077 standards and is CE certified.
More than just a helmet, this helmet’s ear padding, and internal fabric lining are antibacterial and hypoallergenic treated. This is the plus side of the Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet because who wouldn’t want a helmet that is not only hypoallergenic but also bacteria free?
The built-in padded chin strap and goggle loop enhance function and comfort with a micro-adjustable strap for perfect fit.
These contraptions are coupled with multi-port mesh screens that provide ample airflow. It also comes with a Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty for workmanship and materials defect.
- Fully meets the EN1077 standards
- Equipped with adjustable and multiple sizing options.
- Highly functional and comfortable
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial treated
- With Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Which Ski/Snowboard Helmets Should You Buy?
Purchasing a sports outfit or equipment may not be easy especially if you have numerous brands and items to choose from. But it is advisable that you think of your safety first before you entertain any outdoor sports idea.
Being fully prepared for the game that you wish to engage in means having a correct foresight on what you want and expect to happen out there.
While most of you would probably just go for the cheapest, I would suggest that you try to reconsider your options because you are not going to buy a helmet every day.
Personally, I would recommend that you check out the Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet. What really got my attention with its features is that it is hypoallergenic and antibacterial treated.
Okay, so it may not be your first pick when it comes to the price – but the functions and comfort it will provide in my opinion is worth it.
So, before you actually tackle the winter slopes or ride your bikes on the parks and trails, get yourself a helmet. It would probably be the best decision and purchase you will ever do since your safety counts as much as the next adventure you are willing to take.