Nothing beats a fresh shave after a long day or first thing in the morning. Whether you are a man looking to touch up your beard or a woman who wants a silky smooth shave to her legs, a rich creamy lather is imperative. What is the Best Shaving Cream?
There are so many shaving creams on the market today. Some of the brands that you’ll see have been around for decades, like Barbasol, which has been in production since 1919.
So, how do you know which shaving cream to choose? Well, my friend, we’ve taken that burden off your shoulders and scoured Amazon to find the shaving creams with the best reviews, for you.
From brands like Cremo and Skintimate, we’ve got a little something for everyone, men and women alike.
We want your skin to feel smooth, silky, and nourished by vitamins and minerals. You can’t get that with just any old shaving cream. That is why we’ve chosen shave creams that have been fortified with all the good stuff.
Can you believe that some folks don’t use any shaving cream at all and just plain old soap and water? Crazy! I bet they end up with dry skin, nicks, and cuts.
Our list of the top 10 shaving creams that Amazon has to offer will help you avoid all of that.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
Table of Contents
- 10. Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
- 9. Aveeno Therapeutic Moisturizing Shave Gel
- 8. Gillette Satin Care Women’s Shave Gel
- 7. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving
- 6. Skintimate Signature Moisturizing Shave Gel
- 5. Nivea for Men Shave Foam
- 4. Van Der Hagen Shave Butte
- 3. Bib & Tucker Luxury Lime & Black Pepper
- 2. Henry Cavendish Himalaya Shaving Soap
- 1. Gillette Venus with Olay Shower & Moisturizing
- What shaving cream made it to the top of my list?
10. Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
This amazing shave cream is superior in fighting nicks and cuts. It also battles razor burn like nobody’s business. You’ll get nothing but a close, comfortable shave with Cremo in tow.
Both men and women can use this shaving cream for a smooth and silky shave. This cream contains a unique blend of slick molecules that allow your razor to glide right over your skin leaving it smooth and moist.
Made with the best, natural ingredients including Macadamia Seed Oil, Aloe, Calendula Extract, Lemon Extract, Papaya Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract.
- Contains peppermint and menthol to cool and invigorate your skin
- A close shave with literally any razor that you use
- The cream comes in a squeeze bottle while some folks prefer an aerosol can
9. Aveeno Therapeutic Moisturizing Shave Gel
Aveeno has been a leader in skin care products for quite some time. Especially, problematic skin. When you use Aveeno shaving cream you are providing your sensitive skin with the ultimate in care.
Experience the soothing effects of natural oatmeal as you shave your sensitive face, legs, and armpit area. The cream is loaded with moisturizing lubricants to keep skin soft and supple.
- Leading brand of shaving cream
- Moisturizes and lubricates the skin
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft and reduces nicks and cuts
- some users claim it doesn’t smell the greatest
8. Gillette Satin Care Women’s Shave Gel
Gillette Satin Women’s Shave Gel is perfect for shaving legs, armpits, and delicate areas. Even though this shave gel is geared towards the ladies that doesn’t mean the guys have to steer clear of it.
This dermatologist-tested shave gel is perfect for people with sensitive skin as the ultra-gentle formula contains no dyes or harsh fragrances.
You’ll be thrilled at how well your razor glides over your skin with this shave gel applied.
- Irritation defense shave gel
- Amazing glide for protection against nicks and cuts
- Free of all dyes and fragrances
- Some reports of the nozzle becoming clogged and the gel not coming out efficiently
- Not scented…this is a con for some folks
7. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving
This creamy shave cream is just what your beard ordered. Not only does it encourage a close and smooth shave but it also leaves your mug feeling insanely moisturized.
The rich woody blend of exotic spices, like sandalwood and cedar, give this shave cream a barber shop appeal.
You’ll also notice hints of lavender, rosemary, jasmine, and rose.
The bowl is included with the shave cream and allows for easy lathering of the product.
- Made from 100% natural ingredients
- Great for sensitive skin
- The perfect shave cream for beginners
- In order to apply accurately, you need a shaving cream brush
- A little on the pricey side
6. Skintimate Signature Moisturizing Shave Gel
Another great product geared towards the ladies but men certainly can use it, too. This yummy shave gel is scented in Raspberry Rain and almost smells good enough to eat. Although, I wouldn’t try it.
this shave gel contains nourishing vitamin E and olive butter to deeply moisturize your skin and leave it glowing and fresh.
The gel comes out of the canister and turns into a rich foamy lather as you apply it to your skin which allows your razor to easily glide, avoiding nicks and cuts.
- Unbeatable razor protection for a close, comfortable shave
- Leaves skin feeling healthy and smooth
- Refreshing fragrance
- A few reviewers claimed the smell was unpleasant and reeked of “chemicals”
- One user said it was an ineffective shave gel, but many others disagreed
5. Nivea for Men Shave Foam
Here is a product geared towards men but many women use it as well and love the formula.
Nivea Sensitive is made with an advanced formula that helps protect and guard the skin while utilizing technology to soften your beard for a close and comfortable shave.
You’ll find that using this shaving foam helps protect your skin from shaving irritations.
Experience the no-alcohol formulation that doesn’t dry out your skin.
- Skin looks healthy and cared for
- Skin feels smooth, silky, and comfortable
- Made with ingredients that help protect sensitive skin
- A few reviewers aren’t happy with the foaming formula and prefer the gel
- Some users say the foam is messy and leaks from the bottle
4. Van Der Hagen Shave Butte
This amazing shave butter boasts that it’ll keep you from getting unsightly razor burn, bumps, and irritation. The formula is loaded with nourishing vitamins and minerals that love your skin.
Formulated with macadamia nut oil, shea, mango, and cocoa butter to leave your skin baby soft.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this shave butter, “Works with all hair and skin types. Keeps your face moisturized and softens your facial hair so that you’ll have the closest shave you’ve ever experienced with no irritation. Even if you use an inferior razor blade you can still get the best shave of your life. Women are also raving about how smooth, soft, bump and blemish free it leaves their skin over the bar soaps, creams and gels they’re currently using”.
- Helps you to get a slick, close shave every time
- Doesn’t foam up like traditional shave creams so it is less messy and denser
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Some reviewers claim it is more of a cream than a thick butter
- Some users claim it smells “weird”
3. Bib & Tucker Luxury Lime & Black Pepper
This luxury shaving cream is rich and dreamy! It uses gentle ingredients for a close and comfortable shave. Contains moisturizers to hydrate, protect, and soothe irritated skin.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the scent, “Top: LEMON, bergamot, mandarin, Key lime. Heart: COLOGNE, coriander, magnolia, spicy zingy fresh (cardamom, black pepper & elemi). Dry: smooth & bitter woody VETIVER, gurjum, blond woods & musks”.
Contains no toxic ingredients.
- Does not contain any parabens or colorants
- Made in England
- Very easy to apply, use, and rinse off
- Requires a shave cream brush for best application
2. Henry Cavendish Himalaya Shaving Soap
American made shaving soap that creates a rich lather to lubricate your razor for a slick and smooth shave. Your razor is actually cushioned by this shave soap.
The ingredients in the formula will not dry your face out as the shea butter leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. Both men and women love this shave soap.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this shave soap, “Larger in size than average mug shave soaps: will last about 3 – 6 months. 20 seconds in a Microwave fit it to any size shaving mug! Minimal light scent (almost none) which is fresh without being artificial. Ladies seem to like it”!
- All-natural ingredients
- Extremely light scent
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Some users reported irritation
- A reviewer claims the shave soap doesn’t lather
1. Gillette Venus with Olay Shower & Moisturizing
This amazing shaving cream is for both men and women. It smells light of vanilla which makes for an enjoyable shaving experience.
Gently cleanse your skin as you shave as this cream is a 2-in-1 formula. You’ll love how soft and smooth the moisturizing ingredients leave your skin.
The bottle is made from plastic and will not leave any rust rings in your shower.
Quite affordable at just under $5 per bottle.
- Reveals visibly more beautiful skin
- Shave cream gently removes dirt and grime from the skin as you shave
- One reviewer claims the cream had a “metallic” scent
- Another user said the cream burns
What shaving cream made it to the top of my list?
We hope you have enjoyed going through our list of the top 10 shave creams for both men and women on Amazon. If you are looking something solely for the ladies (even though men certainly can use it, too) we suggest you pick yourself up a can of Skintimate Refreshing Raspberry Rain Shave Gel.
If you are a guy looking for something to tame, tackle, and smooth out your beard we suggest the Bib & Tucker Luxury Lime & Black Pepper Shaving Cream.
Even though we appreciate all of the shave gels, foams, and creams on this list we did have to choose a top pick. So, we decided to go with a national brand that everyone knows and loves, Gillette Venus with Olay Shower & Moisturizing Shave Cream.
This shave cream is pretty cool because it doubles as a soap and a shaving cream. Both men and women really like it and the scent is amazing.
We hope you found a shaving cream to meet your needs from our top 10 list. Your skin will be glowing in no time.