Router lifts make your work more manageable by making it more convenient for you to maneuver your workpieces whether they are straight or curved.
It is an efficient addition to your router table because it allows you to manipulate the equipment and your workpieces with fewer hassles even in hard to reach areas.
A router lift is also quite practical because it gives you a vantage viewpoint above the table that lessens your physical pain as well as eye-strain should you continue to manipulate your device from under the table without the lift.
Prices for the purchase of router lifts range from $200 to $300, which may make you pause before you actually make the purchase.
But consider the number of advantages that comes in having a router lift, since it certainly outweighs the disadvantage of putting in a semi-serious amount of cash in exchange for your convenience.
Below are some handpicked lists of the top 10 best router lifts that you may find useful in 2018:
Table of Contents
- 10. Woodpeckers Precision PRL-V2-350 Precision Router Lift
- 9. Kreg PRS5000 Precision Router Lift
- 8. JessEm Rout-R-Lift II Router Lift
- 7. Rockler Router Lift FX
- 6. Incra Master Lift II Designed for Rockler Tables
- 5. Woodpeckers Precision PRL-V2-420 Precision Router Lift
- 4. Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table
- 3. JessEm Mast-R-Lift II 02121 Router Lift
- 2. INCRA Mast-R-Lift-II Router Lift
- 1. Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table
- Which Router Table Should You Buy?
10. Woodpeckers Precision PRL-V2-350 Precision Router Lift
This lift is sold and is shipped through Amazon.com, and comes in an easy-open package. Gift wrap can be requested. The Woodpeckers Precision Lift is equipped with a button to quickly lift the canister making hard and inaccessible areas easier to reach. It also comes with a 2-in-1 vacuum for upright and lift-away manageable cleaning.
A HEPA filter together with an innovative anti-allergen complete seal technology has been added to the lift that ensures 99% dust and allergen entrapment inside the vacuum. While it is lightweight at a weight of 12.5 pounds only it is versatile and powerful equipment. Lastly, it has a brush roll shutoff that provides gentle cleaning of bare floors and deep carpets.
- Has lift-away button
- With 2-in-1 vacuum
- Furnished with HEPA filter and anti-allergen complete seal
- Supplied with a brush roll shutoff for deep cleaning on carpets and bare floors.
- Portable, versatile and lightweight
9. Kreg PRS5000 Precision Router Lift
This router lift is available in five different sizes to accommodate any needs you may have in your workshop. Kreg’s precision lift makes achieving exact cuts in above the table configurations possible with standard, table-mounted routers.
Collet access is easy and relatively fast so that you can exchange bits without all the work. The super tough anodized aluminum plate is designed to resist all kinds of deformation and general scratching as well so that you can concentrate on handling your work. The incorporated carriage is guided by a built in bearing for nice, smooth use.
- Fits Kreg router tables and other brands as well
- Heavy duty
- Above table bit changing
8. JessEm Rout-R-Lift II Router Lift
The JESSEm Rout Router Lift is sold and shipped by CT Power Tools is easy to open packaging. Shipment and receipt takes about 2 to 3 days.
This product is 8.8 pounds in weight and has a dimension of 9.25c11.75×10.1 inches. This particular model is intended for use with PC 690/890, BOSCH 1617/1918, DEWALT 610/618/616, and CRAFTSMAN 1754/17540/28190.
- Is usually shipped out in 2 to 3 days.
- Comes in easy open packaging
- Product weight is 8.8 pounds, with dimensions of 9.25c11.75×10.1 inches.
- Is manufactured for use with PC 690/890, BOSCH 1617/1918, DEWALT 610/618/616, and CRAFTSMAN 1754/17540/28190.
- The retailer does not ship the product internationally.
7. Rockler Router Lift FX
The Rockler Router Lift FX can be shipped within 2 to 3 days. This router has a weight of 12.7 pounds with an adjustment bit that allows you to adjust the height instantly and with minimum effort on top of your router table. It comes with sag-free support built unto the heavy-duty plate.
The plate is flexible since its size can perfectly be accommodated to fit all new router tables. The housing lift could be fitted with an extensive range of routers from small to medium.
It can work with the following routers: Bosch 1616, Bosch 1617, DeWalt 610, DeWalt 616, DeWalt 618, Bosh 1618, Porter-Cable 690 series Porter-Cable 890; and could be fitted with inserts that have large openings.
- With flexible plate to accommodate all router tables
- Built with an adjustment bit for easy height adjustments.
- Has a sag-free support mechanism
- Can be shipped out and received in 2 to 3 days
- Retailer does not ship internationally (for international shipments)
6. Incra Master Lift II Designed for Rockler Tables
The Incra Master Lift II allows you to lower and raise your router without having to take it out from the table. Its very simple and convenient router system regulation permits you to modify height adjustments of precise 0.001” from atop the table. To do this with your naked eye, just lift the crank to get an accurate measurement.
The Incra Master Lift is also manufactured with ball bearings on the cam lock and lift screw that holds the equipment in place to provide you smoother maneuverability with less effort. It is also supplied with five magnetic steel reducing rings to allow for an instant, perfect and easy ring change.
- Easy and convenient to use
- Durable and heavy duty with a weight of 15.2 pounds.
- Have ball bearings that hold it in-place for better work operation.
- With magnetic steel reducing rings for easy ring replacement.
- Sold by Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, and ships products in 2 to 3 days.
5. Woodpeckers Precision PRL-V2-420 Precision Router Lift
The PRL-V2-420 is manufactured to provide long lasting performance and enhances the capabilities of a basic router plate. This has a bullet proof lift device and other impressive features that save time and provides precision that could be easily managed from the plate’s top.
A thumb wheel micro adjuster is also featured on this router lift that allows for easy and quick height adjustments for the bit, along with an easy to read scale on the top.
Another built-in feature for this item is the patented quick lift wrench that lets you raise the router collect without using the micro-adjustment device to be able to use the wrenches on top of the table.
- Comes with three self-leveling twist-lock rings
- Has micro-adjustment with thumb wheel
- Spring assisted wrench for instant quick-lift
- Can accommodate a porter cable 7518 router
- Single piece motor bearing to provide maximum rigidity/firmness
4. Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table
The RA1171 ensures accurate cuts even while you to use it with a number of different materials. It likewise has a tall aluminum fence with dimensions of 4-7/8×25-1/8 inches (HxL) that allows the router table to hold tall stocks easily. The router’s fence similarly has an adjustable MDF face plate that enables smoother operation and superior support.
Its firm aluminum mounting plate is very stable allowing you to make accurate cuts, and it’s designed to work with an assortment of routers. The featherboards which are adjustable and easy to use gives additional control and support while the stock is fed through the routing table.
The cabinet style dust collection ports excel in debris and dust removal. Both ports fit standard 2-1/2 inch vacuum hoses. Accessory slots can be used as additional featherboards. A 1-year limited warranty is offered by Bosch together with a one year service protection plan, and 30-day money back guarantee.
- Has a started pi and guard
- With two adjustable featherboards
- Fitted with hardware for mounting other router brands and nearly all Bosch routers.
- With three mounting-plate insert rings
- Comes with an adjustable clear guard
3. JessEm Mast-R-Lift II 02121 Router Lift
The JessEm lift is featured with an added tension wound through the spindle to eliminate backlash augmenting resistance to the thread’s rotation. This takes away any vibration coming from the clearance of the thread that prevents spindle movement and change of setting while routing.
This lift has a hard anodizing treatment system that provides a thick resistant coating that easily wears off with time. It likewise has a 2” insert ring that lessens the bit size opening which is big enough to hold ä bit with a 3-1/2”diameter even without a preinstalled insert.
- Can fit most stationary base routers
- Is hard anodized for wear and tear protection
- Has double sealed bearings
- With cam lock system
- Provides above the table bit changes for all routers.
2. INCRA Mast-R-Lift-II Router Lift
The new Incra Mast-R-Lift II is built with a five sealed ball bearings on the cam lock and lift screw that allows it to operate smoothly because of the low-friction it emits while being operated.
It also comes with change router bits that can be operated above the table and a precise height adjustment control for 0.0001” height that can be done in the same manner. This router lift fits all INCRA router tables and is likewise compatible with other brands.
- With MagnaLOCK ring reducing system
- Has ball bearing mechanism
- Built with a thread tension system that removes vertical backlash.
- Compatible with all INCRA router tables
- With 16TPI lift screw device
1. Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table
The Bosch RA1181 provides a wide working area for routing and other woodwork operation. It is versatile since it was designed to fit a wide assortment of routers. It has a dust collection port that gives an enhanced dust collection system to have a cleaner work space.
With a large aluminum top, this router table is portable and durable. It features a mounting hardware, a tall aluminum fence that has MDF adjustable face plates, an aluminum mounting router plate, and 2 outfeed shims.
A router guard for curved pieces and starter pin is provided, along with a built-in cord casing for suitable portability and storage.
- With one year warranty
- Has two adjustable featherboards
- MDF face plates with aluminum fence
- Router table can be attached to every workbench
- Large work surface with an area of 27”x18”
Which Router Table Should You Buy?
The list we have provided for you are some of the best there is in the market. And before you actually make a purchase it is advisable to consider the shipment details, and if the router lift you are contemplating on buying will fit your router table.
As I have said earlier, you are better off in obtaining a router lift that fits most router tables and comes with plenty of innovative features that can make your work easier, as this will boost production and also save you money in not having to buy a new router table.