It’s no secret that technology has revolutionized the way we do things. Who would have ever foreseen an instant where a house or an entertainment spot would be lighted up by an electricity powered rope?
Does this sound new or alien to you? If it does, don’t worry since I have the right information to keep you updated.
A rope light is a type of PVC or elastic rope that is fitted with LED lights. These lights are powered by solar energy or by electricity. In some instances, we have light ropes that are powered by television sets.
What happens in this situation is that, the light rope is fitted at the back of the TV set using a USB cable. When the TV is switched on, the light rope lights up hence illuminating your TV set from the back.
The good thing about these rope lights is the fact they are cheap, attractive, and most importantly, they save you an immense amount of power and bills.
In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the top 10 best rope lights in 2017 that you can use in your house or an entertainment spot. It is my hope that you will find the right light rope that fits your preferences.
Table of Contents
- 10. Lalapao Rope Light
- 9. LTE Solar-Powered Lights
- 8. Triangle Bulbs LED Strip Light
- 7. Yihong LED Rope Lights
- 6. Darice Rope Light
- 5. TaoTronics Light Rope
- 4. Westek RW48BCC White Rope Light Kit
- 3. LampLust Super Bright Rope Light
- 2. Lighting Ever LE Solar Rope Light
- 1. Celebrations Incandescent Rope Light
- Which Rope Lights Should You Buy?
10. Lalapao Rope Light
The Lalapao rope is fitted with over 120 LED bulbs which are evenly distributed across a 14-meter-long rope. The LED lights have five different lighting modes hence giving you a wide array of lighting options.
This rope comes with two timers namely the 24 hours and the 12 hours. With the 12-hour timer, you can keep the light rope ON for 12 hours and OFF for another 12 hours. On the other hand, the 24-hour timer allows you to keep the rope ON for 6 hours and OFF for 18 hours.
- You can personally set the time at which the LED lights are going to stay ON and OFF.
- The light rope is IP65 certified which makes it waterproof and durable.
- A simple 4.5V battery supplies power to the lights.
- The five lighting modes give you options to choose from as desired.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor lighting.
- They can’t use AA batteries.
- Some users may find the battery case a bit huge for transport and storage.
9. LTE Solar-Powered Lights
The LTE Solar-powered rope lights measure 23 feet and come equipped with 50 LED bulbs. With a solar powered background, these lights are ideal for outdoor lighting hence saving you a tremendous amount of money on your electricity bills.
- Unlike other lighting ropes, the LTE rope light comes with a light sensor which allows the automatic switching ON of the lights.
- The light rope is easily portable and occupies a minimum amount of storage space.
- The rope lights are ideal for weddings, Thanksgiving, parties, outdoor lawns, and patios.
- They are waterproof in nature hence making them ideal for outdoor use.
- It has no timer.
- The plastic tubing makes it prone to wear and tear.
8. Triangle Bulbs LED Strip Light
This Triangle rope light measures over 16-feet and comes fitted with over 300 LED lights. The rope light is powered by a 12V DC power output which guarantees you over 50,000 hours of dynamic lighting.
It has a 3M adhesive on its back hence giving you the opportunity to mount the light rope on just any surface of your liking.
- It provides high brightness while at the same time consuming minimal power.
- You can cut the light rope after every 3 LED lights.
- The strip is waterproof hence making it ideal for kitchen and outdoor areas.
- It has no timer.
- It only comes with a single white color for lighting purposes.
7. Yihong LED Rope Lights
The Yihong Rope Light is an amazing lightning rope that is ideal for any environment and occasion. It comes with an IP44 waterproof battery case that protects the battery from rough external factors such as scorching sun and torrential rain.
This light rope has a total of 8 lighting modes to choose from depending on your preferences. It has a timer button that lets you set the wake-up and sleeping time of the light rope. It has a firefly light which is powered by 3 AA batteries.
- It has a timer to control it.
- Simple AA batteries are used to power the light rope.
- It can be used for outdoor and indoor areas.
- Though it comes with a timer, you will be required to set the timer again if you happen to switch off the lights manually.
6. Darice Rope Light
The Darice Rope Light is ideal for outdoor and indoor purposes thanks to its all-weather design. This 18-foot long light rope has a clear light bulb which comes with a flexible and transparent tub light for exceptional illumination.
Unlike the other light ropes as covered in this article, the Darice Rope Light has no LED bulbs but a bright light incandescent bulb.
- It’s easy to fit and use.
- The incandescent bulbs are suitable for poorly lit areas light since they are not bright as compared to like LED lights.
- It has no external battery, and the only source of power is via direct connection to a power socket.
- The durability and safety of the light rope are wanting since no IP verifications are used.
- It offers no wide range of illuminating colors.
5. TaoTronics Light Rope
If you are looking for one of the best and classically designed light rope, then look no further than this 33-feet light rope from TaoTronics. This light rope comes equipped with dimmable led string lights which are remote controlled.
The LED Strings can also support up to 10 different levels of brightness to suit your preferences. Unlike other rope lights which are not insulated using copper, the TaoTronics light rope has a thick copper casing which prevents the light rope from getting hot as a result of extensive usage. It comes with a 5-foot adapter code which lights up close to 100 LED bulbs.
- You can fold and mold the rope to any shape.
- The rope is insulated with copper hence making it eco-friendly.
- A total of 10 brightness levels makes it ideal for any occasion or location.
- The lighting is remote controlled.
- It relies purely on electricity as a source of power supply.
4. Westek RW48BCC White Rope Light Kit
Westek is a simple yet versatile light rope that offers you a wide range of options when it comes to installing and using it. The Westek RW48BCC light rope measures about 48-feet and uses incandescent light bulbs.
Though the light rope is 48-feet long, you can connect other devices to up to 200-feet of pure lighting. The rope has a flexible heavy duty PVC tube which allows you to manipulate the cable to any preferable shape. Apart from this, it has a UV material that protects it from cracking.
- It’s easy to fit and use.
- It’s highly-durable thanks to its UV and PVC materials.
- It is suitable for exterior and interior usage.
- Only relies on electric power.
- It does not provide different illuminating colors.
3. LampLust Super Bright Rope Light
The LampLust light rope is your ideal lighting rope for your outdoor and indoor purposes. The rope is 24-Foot long and encompasses a total of 287 white LED bulbs.
The good thing about this light rope is the fact that you can connect an extra 7 strands depending on the purpose. This light rope comes equipped with a mounting kit which makes it easier for you to mount it.
- It has a 90-day warranty cover.
- It’s waterproof in nature.
- An extra seven strands can be added to it.
- It doesn’t get hot after continued use.
- It depends on electric power rather than solar or battery power.
2. Lighting Ever LE Solar Rope Light
The Lighting Ever LE Solar rope is the ideal option for each person whose primary aim is to save energy and lower electricity bills. As a solar-powered light rope, it offers you two different lighting modes namely the full brightness and the flash mode.
It has a Smart Light Sense technology which automatically switches OFF the light in the presence of sunlight. The light rope has a rating of IP55 which makes it waterproof and ideal for external usage. It has a built-in solar rechargeable battery for power storage and usage.
- The light rope is waterproof and ideal for outdoor usage.
- It can be used for various applications such as fencing, patio decorations, weddings, and Thanksgiving.
- It’s easy to install and use.
- It’s shock and vibration resistant.
- The solar power capability saves you money.
- You cannot deem the lights.
- It has no remote control capabilities.
1. Celebrations Incandescent Rope Light
The Celebrations Incandescent Rope Light is a simple outdoor and indoor rope light. At only 18-feet, the rope light has a total of 216 clear lights which provides unmatched lighting to your house or patio.
The rope light has a three bulb replacement cord which makes it ideal for designing Christmas themed lighting.
- It has connecting plugs which allow you to connect extra rope lights to it.
- It is covered with a PVC material which increases its durability.
- Some users may find the light way too dim.
- You cannot cut the rope for designing purposes.
- It only supports electric power as the main source of power supply.
Which Rope Lights Should You Buy?
Rope lights can be of different types and from different companies as covered in this article. From the ten rope lights listed, it is no secret that all of them have the edge over the rest in one way or the other.
However, based on my experience in using these lights, the TaoTronics waterproof rope light is way too better as compared to the rest of the rope lights.
I can base my argument on the fact that this rope light can be controlled remotely, it has a wide range of coloring effects, as well as the fact that you can fold the rope light based on your area of application.
However, since the choice solely lies on you, it would be of the essence if you can go through my list and handpick the rope light that perfectly fits your bill.
All in all, rope lights are of great importance regardless of whether you are buying them for beauty, energy saving, or for entertainment purposes.