Now you’re excited. You finally have your pool. But responsibility needs to take over, Pool man weekly or Robotics to keep that great pool clean and ready to use.
Before you buy this Robotics pool cleaner, there are some factors which you need to consider first. I will summarize some of them here. First and foremost, what size pool do you have in that back yard.
Is it an above ground pool, or an in ground pool. It makes a difference which type it you have. You have decided to use the Robotic Pool cleaner.
The reason is because in the long run using this type of cleaner will save you money. Your investment in this is one time, compared to a pool man coming to your home weekly to clean your pool.
These pool cleaners will do the job themselves.
There are many questions that you should ask, not only yourself , but that man who wants very badly to sell you this great pool cleaner. There are so many different varieties, you want to be sure that it is one that will last, not for just this year, but also for at least the next two years.
The expense would be devastating if you had to replace it every year. Ask questions like “ How many years will this last?” “If I store it for the winter is it likely to not work later. “
This is especially important if the Pool Robotic cleaner is run by solar. Oh yes, there are some of those also.
Let’s explore the top 9 best robotic pool cleaners on the market in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 9. Aquabot ABREEZ4 X-Large Breeze
- 8. Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 7. Zodiac Polaris 9400 Sport 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 6. Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
- 5. Hayward TigerShark Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 4. Solar Breeze Pool Skimmer
- 3. Dolphin Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 2. Aquabot Breeze IQ Pool Cleaner
- 1. Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Which Robotic Pool Cleaner Should You Buy?
9. Aquabot ABREEZ4 X-Large Breeze
The Aquabot Abreez4x-Large Breeze is a great pool cleaner. This one can be used in both types of pools, above ground and in ground . It has scrubbers that keep the bottom of the pool clean also.
It does a great job when it comes to taking in those small particles that somehow get into your pool from trees and debris blown there from the wind.
The Aquabot Breeze also has two extra large filter baskets which help to decrease the number of times that it is necessary to empty it between the cleaning cycles.
Makes you work less and your enjoyment more.
- No tangle 50 foot cable preventing stoppages of the Robot
- Washing jets are patented
- Safe for all surfaces In ground and above ground pools.:
- Is not able to pick up long leaf pine needles
- Cable is fragile and splits easily
- Gets stuck on a slope.
8. Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic Pool Cleaner
The next Pool robot I want to tell you about is the Pentair 360032 Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 robotic Pool Cleaner. This one only is able to be used in an In-ground pool. It keeps pools clean and is easy to control.
It allows cleanings to be scheduled by you, and even may be done when you are on vacation or at work. Because of this feature energy costs are reduced.
The Plug in feature is the reason that there is no booster pump or hoses needed. This Robot pool cleaner has a cartridge indicator which tells you when it is time to clean its filter.
- Has an auto-reverse feature
- Helps remove algae from the pool water easy to maintain
- Debris will clog the filter if not maintained periodically
- Only used for In ground pools
- Needs extension cord
7. Zodiac Polaris 9400 Sport 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac Polaris 9400 Sport 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner can be used for in Ground pools. It has extraordinary cleaning power. It does not lose power. Debris, with this Robotic Pool Cleaner , can be emptied without any difficulty.
By programming the timer for this cleaner, you save time. You can program it even for seven days. It has sensors which help it to sense its position in the pool. You set it and forget it.
There is a button that can be pressed when you want to clean it. It senses this and rises to the surface and awaits you taking it out of the pool.
- Removes algae from the pool without difficulty
- Easy to clean
- Picks up even small grains of sand.
- Only can be used in and In-Ground Pool
- Red light does not shut off after cleaning the filter.
- May only be used for one season sometimes.
6. Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
The Pool Rover S2 40 US Jet can be used for any pool and any size pool up to 40 feet. It works better in above ground pools. Its sleek design allow for its ability to be able to maneuver easily. Comes with a 40 foot kink free cable which swivels easily.
With this one the price is right and is not expensive. Let the Pool Rover handle all of the cleaning .It allow for a cleaner pool without all of the chemicals that used to be needed before this one was born. It is one of a kind.
- Filters 80 -85 gallons per minute
- Sucks up algae as long as it is loose
- Plug and Play operation
- Only can be used on Above ground pools
- Needs to be plugged into a 110 v outlet
- Needs bags to be replaced.
5. Hayward TigerShark Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Hayward RC9990GR Tiger Shark QC. This Robotic Pool Cleaner has a hefty price tag. It is one that has been around for over 40 years. It has an efficient method of cleaning.
It’s pattern helps it cover the whole pool which includes the bottom and the sides. It is one of the easiest ones to use. You remove it from its box and plug it in . You do not need any additional tools , so it is convenient.
It is able to power itself down at the end of its three hour cleaning cycle. It contains a computer and is able to know just how big your pool is which keeps it energy efficient.
- Has an onboard computer making it efficient
- Is Energy efficient
- Does not use bags like some others.
- Hefty price tag
- Not able to stay outside in the elements.
- Short life 2 to 2 ½ years.
4. Solar Breeze Pool Skimmer
The Solar Breeze Robotic Pool Skimmer has a moderate price. It helps you save time and money. It is energy efficient, being solar powered. Because it is powered by the sun and uses solar power, it is able to get rid of 90-95% of all the debris in the pool.
It does this all by using power from the sun. There are no plugs needed. Because it is solar powered, it is even able to remove any suntan lotion from the top of the water in the pool.
By placing it in your pool and turning the device on, it operates all day keeping the pool clean and the water sparkling.
- Uses the energy supplied from the sun.
- Is able to continue working for several hours after sundown
- Is able to trap bacteria.
- Does not sink to the bottom of the pool
- Skims only the top of the water.
- Batteries cannot work if out of the water for a short time.
3. Dolphin Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner has a little expensive price tag. But for the money if does keep your pool very clean.
It is mainly recommended for in-ground pools that are no more than fifty feet in length. It is not recommended for above ground pools. This little Robotic pool cleaner is able to do it all.
It scrubs, filters and vacuums your pool to its cleanest. It keeps you pool water sparking and this makes for a better swimming time.
It is fully programmable, and it comes with its own caddy. This is great for storing in the winter so that it will be ready for the next season. It is east to clean the filters because of its cartridge filter system.
It is also energy efficient, which helps you to decrease your consumption of electricity and keep your electricity costs at a minimum.
- Cleans the entire pool floor
- Is energy efficient
- Has many exceptional features.
- Needs bags to be replaced
- Filters are very small.
2. Aquabot Breeze IQ Pool Cleaner
This Pool Cleaner is called the Aquabot Breeze IQ Wall Climbing Automatic Cleaner. As it’s name implies it is able to keep the walls of your pool clean also. That is as long as you have 6 inches between the pool floor and the wall so this cleaner can fit.
It boasts a moderate price and it is a good investment. This item is easy to clean because the filters are easy to get to. It also has a great pump system which cleans the water very well giving you the sparkling water that you want to be able to swim in.
It is able to do its work with great speed. It can be programmed for 1.5 or hour cycles. This means that you and your family will be able to spend more time in your pool. It is a neat pool keeper and stores all of the debris in its unit until you come and empty it.
- Saves you money by being energy efficient
- It is safe and reliable
- Has a great filtration system
- Does not have a weekly timer
- No caddy available for storage.
1. Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Pool Cleaner
Consider the Aquabot ABTRT2R1 Turbo T2 Robotic Pool Cleaner. This cleaner is to be used if you have an In-Ground pool. It can be used for any shape or size of in-ground pool.
In the pricing area this one is a little high. But it boasts many great features. From it’s Robotic swimming pool cleaner with am Aqua Buggy Cart. This makes it easier to transport.
It is built with a dual clutch system which allows it to turn on a dime. It also has powerful scrubbing brushes and power washing jests which it uses to pressure wash pool surfaces. there have been many advances with this Robotic cleaner technology,
- Safe for all surfaces
- 1 to 7 hour programmable power supply superior Waterline scrubbing
- Is slightly expensive
- Some wall climbing issues
Which Robotic Pool Cleaner Should You Buy?
So for me to be honest with you, I would lean toward the Solar Breeze Robotic Pool cleaner. This is because Solar is going to become the way of the future and this one has a lot of great features.
The energy that is saved is also great and will look good in your bank account. Check this one out. Enjoy your pool.