There are various sizes and types of robot dogs to choose from so you can be sure that you’re selecting the perfect pet to join your family. In this article, we will provide an extensive list of some of the Robot Dogs on the market for you to consider.
Table of Contents
- A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing The Perfect Robot Dog
- Reasons Children Should Own a Robot Dog
- 10. Zoomer Zuppies
- 9. SainSmart Jr. Electronic RC Smart Dog
- 8. Tekno Newborns Electronic Robotic Pet Puppy Purple Color
- 7. Paw Patrol Action Pack Pup & Badge
- 6. Georgie – Interactive Plush Electronic Puppy
- 5. Zoomer ‘s Interactive Puppy – Shadow
- 4. Zoomer Interactive Puppy
- 3. Tekno Newborns Electronic Robotic Pet Puppy
- 2. Electronic Pet Dog Harry
- 1. WowWee CHiP Interactive Robot Pet Dog
- Which Robot Dog Should You Buy?
A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing The Perfect Robot Dog
With a wide choice, you will need to consider some essential factors before choosing your Robot Dog. Below are the most important things to bear in mind (as well as budget throughout all categories, too).
Technology and User-Friendly
You might think that Robot Dogs look the same, but they perform very differently. One can be more advanced than the other, which increases the price and makes them less user-friendly for younger children. Bear in mind if extensive technology is an essential factor or if your child is happy with basic technology.
More of the advanced versions can move around quicker and perform a wider range of movements and skills. High-end products also seem to have a quicker and more reliable response and can move around without much assistance from the user.
The Size and Appearance
You know your child better than anyone else so you’ll generally have a great understanding of the size and appearance they want from a Robot Dog. Would they prefer a fluffy, small version or go crazy for a larger dog? Perhaps they’d love if it replicated their home pet.
Throughout this category, you should also consider safety features. For example, don’t give a young child a model that is difficult to operate and has bulky pieces they could choke on. Dissect the toy to ensure it ticks all the boxes for the features your child will love. Does it have pretty colors and attractive textures they’ll love?
You wouldn’t have guessed it by the way your child throws the toy around, but they love and care about their Robot Dog. Children get excited when they play, so these toys can easily tear and break minutes after you bring them home from the store. To ensure you get the best value for your buck, opt for a durable model that will last a long time. This involves checking the materials are safe and won’t detach from the toy with one pull. The legs shouldn’t easily snap off, and the product should generally have positive reviews from previous customers.
Reasons Children Should Own a Robot Dog
Before we share the best Robot Dogs you can purchase, let’s first discuss the main reasons you should purchase one for your child. First, most children crave a furry friend for company and fun when they’re feeling low or bored. These creatures are a great way to help them become compassionate and loving without the dedication of having a real animal in your home.
For a small price to pay, these products will (hopefully!) keep your child from begging for a pet. Instead of fully committing yourself to look after and care for an animal for life, these similar creations are less costly and maintenance, while seeming like a living being to a young child.
Owning a pet is a dream come true for most children since they provide hours of fun for the little ones. Studies have found that being surrounded by animal characteristics reduces your stress hormone and can reduce a child’s symptoms of autism. Now, we’re aware that Robot Dogs won’t quite have the same effect as a real dog or cat, but they provoke similar emotions and help your child to bond and love another thing.
Finally, Robot Dogs aren’t necessarily something a child will instantly get bored of. Rather than games, there’s no objective to owning one, so they will receive hours of fun without getting bored quickly.
The Best 10 Interactive Robot Dogs For Kids
You can be sure there is a robot dog that will be perfect for your family, the following are the top 10 best robot dogs in 2019 that you can buy for your kid.
10. Zoomer Zuppies
All four of these adorable little Robot Dogs is so precious they will make you fall in love with each and every single one. Choose from either Glam, Cupcake, Pupstar, and Sport from the Zoomer Zuppies collection. Sport is the athletic one that loves to romp and play and never seems to wear down. Cupcake, Pupstar, and Glam love to play and laugh with one another and anyone else who is ready to.
- There are options available for both male and female pets
- There are four adorable puppies to choose from
- These little puppies do not disappoint in energy level and fun
- These cute little pups take three AAA batteries that are not included
- Recommended for children five years of age and older
9. SainSmart Jr. Electronic RC Smart Dog
No products found.
No products found.
The SainSmart Jr. Electronic RC Smart Dog is a wireless Interactive dancing puppy. It is flexible and able to shake its head, wag its tail, stand up, shake his head and lie down. This smart dog even communicates with its owners and can let you know when it is happy or sad.
- A very active little pup, this dog can make lots of different movements
- This pup can let you know when it is happy or sad
- This dog will delight your entire family with its antics
- It takes about an hour to charge the SalSmart Jr. smart dog
- The pup runs off of a 3×1.5 V AA battery that is not included upon purchase
8. Tekno Newborns Electronic Robotic Pet Puppy Purple Color
This affordable little pup will play endlessly and is able to walk, sit, jump, and beg. When he wakes up, his eyes light up, and this newborn is even able to sing and wiggle its tail and ears. Happy sounds let you know how excited it is when you are ready to play.
- The newborn version of the Robot dog is the perfect one to start your collection
- They can be programmed to do the things you would like them to do, including sing
- These dogs are perfect for kids three years and up
- The Robot Dog needs two AAA batteries that are not included
- The newborn models are a little smaller than other models
7. Paw Patrol Action Pack Pup & Badge
Anyone who has small children is more than familiar with the Paw Patrol series that is so popular with today’s kids. All of the popular characters are represented here. Collect the whole series for your own children, including Ryder, Rubble, Everest or Sky. Each has its own special transformation that will delight fans of the popular series.
- The transformation that each dog does is exciting for fans of the show
- All of the most popular characters are represented
- Fans of the show are already familiar with the dogs
- These pups are only safe for children three years and older
- Batteries are needed and not included
6. Georgie – Interactive Plush Electronic Puppy
Georgie can become the friend that your child needs and answers to commands and he can respond to over 100 different interactions. If you are looking for a robot pet who also loves to cuddle and can give high fives, sit, stand, and stay among others, this is the one for you. More than just a companion, your child can play Tug-O-War with his new pet, and Georgie also comes with his own carrier.
- Georgie’s battery is rechargeable
- The number of interactive commands the pup responds to is impressive
- It comes with its own carrier
- This pet is recommended for children six years of age and older
- May have trouble walking on plush carpeting
5. Zoomer ‘s Interactive Puppy – Shadow
Shadow is Zoomer’s popular and enthusiastic best friend. He is a quick study when it comes to learning new tricks and wants to please his owners. Shadow will answers to his name when he is called and loves to wag his tail. Like most dogs, Shadow also loves to roll over.
A smart little pup Shadow understands three different languages and is adept in English, Spanish, and French. Shadow will follow you around the room with his eyes making sure he know what you’re up to and he loves a good belly scratch. He also wags his tail and answers to commands.
- Shadow likes to learn new tricks and can do several
- He understands multiple languages
- This pet runs off of a USB charger
- Not for kids younger than three years of age
- Some customers wished battery life was longer
4. Zoomer Interactive Puppy
Zoomer has long been one of the most favorite of all of the Robot Dogs that you can buy. This new, improved model can do twice as many tricks as before. He can do all of the most popular activities like speak, lay, shake hands, and rollover.
Zoomer is one robot dog that loves to play, so your kids will be busy for hours getting to know and then enjoying the company of this adorable little guy. Zoomer is so smart that he can understand three different languages. This is just one example of why these pets are so popular.
- Zoomer loves to play
- Charges with a USB cable
- When you’re ready to grow your family, Zoomer has friends such as Bailey and Shadow
- Not for children younger than three years old
- Zoomer can get a little addicting
3. Tekno Newborns Electronic Robotic Pet Puppy
Tekno is actually the newborn puppy that your children were hoping for when they first started asking for a pet. Thanks to Tekno you are finally able to deliver without actually giving in to a live animal. It really does take on the characteristics of an eight-week-old puppy.
This interactive dog walks, sits, begs, and jumps. Tekno will even sing once he is programmed and will be able to interact, not only with you but with any other pets you might own as well. It will feel great to have a baby in the house again with Tekno.
- This puppy is capable of doing numerous activities
- The newborns are like owning an actual puppy even more than some of the others
- Tekno Newborns are loved for their size
- Runs off of 2 AA batteries that are not included
- Sometimes these puppies have trouble walking on thick carpeting
2. Electronic Pet Dog Harry
This pet dog is named Harry. One of the things he really likes to be touched. He is able to respond to the activities that are going on around him as well as songs. Harry measures a user-friendly 7″ long.
He can do various activities and makes a number of dog sounds. The dog is also equipped with a bump and go feature, which means your child won’t have to follow him around and redirect him constantly. If you touch his head, he will happily sing and dance for you.
- Harry is a good size for active play, measuring 7″ in length
- He can play by doing a variety of activities
- He uses Bump and Go technology to keep him moving
- The puppy takes AAA batteries that are not included
- Some owners are surprised by the small size
1. WowWee CHiP Interactive Robot Pet Dog
No products found.
No products found.
Chip is a smart dog, and he responds to the human touch for activity. The chip comes with his own little SmartBall that he will fetch just like a real dog, and he is actually able to recognize his owner’s face.
When Chip is low on battery power, he will automatically return to his SmartBed and can recharge himself. When you are first getting acquainted with CHiP, there is an app that can be downloaded that will outfit him with all of the latest features, so he is always up to date with the latest software.
- The chip will recharge himself when he senses his batteries are low
- Most people reported that the Robot Dog was easy to use and operate
- The dog can fetch and do many activities – Just like a real dog
- People reported that walking on the carpet can be tricky for Chip
- Uses two AA batteries. These are not included.
Which Robot Dog Should You Buy?
Of all the toys your children could ask for this year, purchasing a Robot Dog is giving them more than just the latest toy. You are giving them something that they can play with that can interact with them as well.
Robot Dogs are sure to offer your children hours upon hours of good clean fun. They will be making memories that they’ll never forget. Click here to see which one I bought.