Today’s generation is filled with new high tech toys, and more and more are coming out all the time. With so many different things to choose from, how can you make up your mind?
There is one special toy that has been around for ages that most fathers were able to enjoy with their sons in the past, and they still can. Only now, there are more enhanced, sophisticated versions on the market. That toy is a remote control helicopter.
Years ago, they used to have those toy helicopters that flew around, on a wire, in a perfect circle, and boys loved them! Imagine how much they would enjoy having one that can fly all over, which they are able to control — minus the old wire.
And you don’t even have to go around researching for the best helicopter to choose, or look for one that has all the features you want.
I have already done the homework for you, and found 10, of some of the best remote control Helicopters on the market today in 2018, and listed them below, along with their features, and even some pro’s and cons….
Table of Contents
- 10. Syma 3-Channel Remote Control Helicopter
- 9. Estes Copperhead Radio Controlled Helicopter
- 8. WLtoys Large Single Blade RC Remote Control Helicopter
- 7. 4CH Mini Radio Single Propeller RC Helicopter
- 6. Syma S107/S107G 3 Channel RC Heli
- 5. Syma 4 Channel Remote Control Helicopter
- 4. Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
- 3. Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Helicopter
- 2. Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Radio Remote Control Helicopter
- 1. Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
- Which RC Helicopter Should You Buy?
10. Syma 3-Channel Remote Control Helicopter
The Syma F4 has pre-flight adjustments, with anti-interference ability, low power consumption, and it has a 100 times faster reaction speed than most rcs. With the heli you can go forward, backward, up, downturn left and turn right.
It has alloy fuselage that is high quality, a gyro built-in, 3 channels and it’s very flexible and stable. Charge it for 40 to 50 minutes and you will get up to 5 minutes flying time.
- Fly more than one at the same time
- It has night flight capability
- The battery is easy to replace
- You can only fly it outdoors when there is barely any wind
- Because it goes very fast you need a lot of room to fly it indoors
9. Estes Copperhead Radio Controlled Helicopter
The Estes Copperhead Heli is 14.5” with a measured range of 200” and can go as high as 150”. This is a large 3.5 channel RC heli that is very lightweight, has cool flashing LED multi-colored lights for night flights, and can be used outdoors on calm days as well as indoors.
Comes fully assembled, with an included USB adapter all ready to take off. The Este is built with a metal body and frame making it extra durable.
- It’s very easy to fly
- Very durable
- Has a long battery life
- The blades are plastic and kind of cheaply made
- Because it is only 1 channel only one heli can be flown at a time
8. WLtoys Large Single Blade RC Remote Control Helicopter
The WLtoys Large V912 has 4-channels and 2.4GHz frequency. Charge it for an hour it will run for around 8 minutes. This heli has 150m control distance flying time, big single blades and 3D action.
Fly sideways, forward, backward, up, down, turn left and right, and it will hover when you let go of the controls.
- It offers side flying
- Has realistic sound
- Looks real sharp
- If the timer runs out, the heli may fall from flight
- Battery is hard to get out
7. 4CH Mini Radio Single Propeller RC Helicopter
This is a 4-channell, mini RC heli, that has a built in gyro, a single propeller design that’s pioneering, is extremely resistant to impact, very light-weight and has a steady performance. This is the 1st RC heli that can fly outdoors in wind grade that’s 3-4.
It offers an ultrathin metal canopy that’s high quality, the remote control has an LCD display that is specifically designed for precise and easy operation: up, down, forward, back, left and right. Charge for around half an hour and get around 5 minutes of flying time.
- The controller fits comfortably in your hand
- Comes with two batteries that can both be charging at the same time
- Is extremely durable
- It can take a lot of practice to get good at controlling this heli
- The blades aren’t hinged like most RC heli’s and therefore, may break faster.
6. Syma S107/S107G 3 Channel RC Heli
At around 7.5” in length, this Syma 3-channel, metal, mini RC helicopter, offers full functionality, and can fit easily in the palm of your hand.
It is very easy to fly, stable, has an extra 0.5 channel to control lights, has a brushed motor, comes equipped with the newest Gyroscope technology, and is noted as one of the lightest and smallest, new RC heli’s. This heli can be directly charged from the controller or the USB cable.
- This mini helicopter is very durable
- It can withstand a number of crash landings because of it’s metal frame.
- Replacement parts for almost everything on this heli is very low priced
- The controller takes 6 AA batteries
- Sunlight interferes with the signal that is infrared therefore this helicopter doesn’t work too well outside
5. Syma 4 Channel Remote Control Helicopter
The Syma S800G is considered to be an intermediate level heli that is basically for beginners and offers flight time of 6 to 8 minutes.
It’s flight is swash plate controlled, which gives it better maneuverability, faster movement both foreword and backward and also side to side. This heli comes with bonus parts that include infrared control and more.
- Very fast response rate and durable too
- 7 or more flight time minutes per charge
- Stylish design
- The controller is kind of small and thin
- The precision and linearity is somewhat poor.
4. Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
This metal, RC heli, is all ready to take flight, with the newest Gyroscope technology. It offers 3 full channels: forward, backward, left, right, up and down, 2 frequencies that are selectable, to allow 2 helicopters to fly at the same time, a power/charging indicator, a transmitter with an alignment trim, and a left and right lever.
You can charge this heli either via USB or the transmitter and can get 8 to 12 minutes of flight with a 25 to 30-minute charge. It’s length and width are both around 7.5” and it’s approx. 3.8” high. This Syma can be flown both indoors and outdoors as well, with a flight range of about 30 feet
- Comes with an RC landing pad the blue and red flashing lights makes it perfect to fly at night
- Has approx.. 10 minutes of flying time per charge which is much more than most of the other helicopters
- It is extremely durable and stable
- It’s a bit tricky to switch between two channels where two heli’s could both fly at the same time
- The remote is IR style, therefore, can only be run inside
3. Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Helicopter
The Syma S107G is one of the most stable, durable and newest, helicopters around and it’s very easy to fly, which is why it’s perfect for beginners.
It offers a brushed type motor, a metal frame, for precision control, the latest Gyro system, it charges from the controller, has a fully functional trim control, allows you to fly 2 helicopters at the same time with 2 frequencies that are selectable, and it lets you fly up, down, forward, backward, left and right, with a 3-channel infrared control system.
Charger contains an automatic shut-off LED indicator and you will get 7 to 10 minutes flight time with a full charge of 20 to 25 minutes.
- It’s very responsive and precise
- It’s easy to understand
- Gives you 7 to 10 minutes of flight time for only 20 to 25 minutes of charge
- In sunlight, it loses its signal
- The controller uses 6 AA batteries
2. Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Radio Remote Control Helicopter
This RC helicopter offers a gyroscope that is built in for exceptional precision and stability. It offers 3-channels, and flies forward, backward, up, down, left and right. The Syma S107G, is one of the most stable, durable and newest helicopters available, and because it’s so easy to fly, it is perfect for beginners.
Because of its solid metal frame, this heli can withstand many crashes and still remain intact. This is a mini RC helicopter with a fully functional trim controller that allows for perfect flying. You can plug it directly into the controller to charge the battery and the controller uses AA batteries.
- It is very easy to fly
- Extremely durable and stable
- Has a cool green color
- The controller takes 6 AA batteries
- Full charge doesn’t give much flight time
1. Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
This Syma comes with a 4-in-1 infrared Gyro receiver and has an aluminum frame, along with a well-detailed canopy. It has 3-channels allowing it to move in 3 directions and it can also hover easily. The type of motor is brushed, it is very stable, as well as lightweight, which almost makes this heli indestructible.
It can be moved forward, backward, turn left and right, and also up and down. Because of the infrared control, this Syma should only be used indoors. Comes with spare tail blade and a USB charger.
- Extremely durable and sturdy
- Controls allow you to get into tight spaces
- Very easy to fly and looks great
- Takes a little longer than the rest to recharge
- Can’t fly in bright sun due to infrared
Which RC Helicopter Should You Buy?
If I had my choice, I would probably choose number 4, The Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter, mainly because, I am a very impatient person who does not like waiting, and this heli offers 20 to 25 minutes charging for approx. 10 minutes of flight time. Also, the landing pad and the flashing lights sound flashy and I like flashy things!
Just to let you know, these helicopters go fast, so if you see something you like, grab it while you can before it flies away! Go ahead and get started now, while you have the opportunity to take your pick!