There are a few things you should consider before buying an RC boat. You should consider how long the battery life will last.
You should also consider whether you want an electric RC boat, a nitro RC boat, or a gas powered RC boat. You should also decide what your budget is going to be.
It is advise to start with a RC boat that is not as expensive to start out with and then work your way up to more of an investment once you become a pro racer.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best radio control boats in the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 8. Udirc Venom High Speed RC Electric Boat
- 7. Storm Engine PX-16 RC Boat by ThinkMax
- 6. RC SYMA Century RC Racing Yacht
- 5. Marine RC Remote Control Racing Boat
- 4. Remote Control 4CH High speed Racing Boat
- 3. RC Water Speed Boat by Top Race
- 2. 4CH Patrol Craft Police Airship RC Boat
- 1. 2.4GHz High Speed RC Boat by UDI RC
- Which RC Boat Should You Buy?
8. Udirc Venom High Speed RC Electric Boat
This RC boat can race at 15MPH and is capable of executing sharp turns and auto flips. It even has a self-righting feature that will keep your boat in the game even if it happens to capsize.
Its 4 channel 2.4 GHz frequency controller even allows your to race multiple boats at the same time. This RC boat features a single-prop motor for safe operation and it is not only powerful but it is also water-cooled.
It has a low battery warning that will let you know when you need to get it to shore and charge it.
- Easy to control at high speeds
- Has waterproof hull with anti-tilt design
- Has navigation rudder
- It is small-about 14″
- Not intended for use in salt water
7. Storm Engine PX-16 RC Boat by ThinkMax
This RC boat can reach high speeds of up to 20-25 mph. It can operate at distances as far as 300ft so it is a great high performance boat for offshore racing.
It is a good sized boat at about 32 inches in length by 9.3 inches in width and 6.5 inches in height.
It also comes fully assembled so you can get right to racing your boat right out of the box! It has a rechargeable Ni-CD rechargeable battery and it is just a really fun boat to race.
- Great for kids ages 12 and up
- Has touch water to run feature
- Easily handles rough water
- If propeller is too tight it will increase the risk for motor burn
- Requires more skill
6. RC SYMA Century RC Racing Yacht
This RC racing yacht has vector-push for very easy control. This RC racing yacht has been built using a durable actuating mechanism. It has a Hi-Capacity rechargeable battery pack as well as an A/C adapter.
It will race for a duration of up to 30 minutes and is ready to race right out of the box. This racing yacht can reach up to 20 mph. The dimensions of this racer are 30″ in length by 8″ width by 7″ in height. It has a racing range of 300 feet so you can do some serious offshore racing.
- Has a large capacity rechargeable battery
- Has powerful high speed motor
- Has high speed motor
- Only gets to speeds of 20mph
- Only runs for about 30 minutes at a time
5. Marine RC Remote Control Racing Boat
This RC racing boat can operate at a distance of up to 300 feet from the shore and has a detailed exterior to make it even cooler. It comes factory assembled and ready to race right out of the box.
It features a glossy exterior paint finish and has two powerful motors. It can reach speeds of up to 25 miles an hour and is easy to control with its vector-push design. It is 28″ in length by 8″ in width by 5″ in height.
It also has a metal actuating mechanism for better handling. This RC racer is lots of fun and even full function radio controlled.
- Is attractively designed
- Has two powerful motors
- Is ready to race-no assembly required
- Doesn’t reach super fast speeds
- Doesn’t reach extreme distances from shore
4. Remote Control 4CH High speed Racing Boat
If you are looking for some fast fun on the water then this racing boat is a great choice. This speed racing boat has a self righting function that will make your boat roll over in case it capsizes.
It also has a also water cooling system to help keep the motor cool and form overheating. It has a 2.4 high quality radio so you can obtain a crystal clear radio frequency.
It also has a dual locking canopy design. It is powered by a powerful 7.4 volt 1500m Ah lithium ion rechargeable battery. It is roughly 18″ long and about 4″ wide. It is recommended for ages 14 and up.
- Water cooled
- Has self righting feature
- Has high quality radio
- It is not an especially large craft
- Does not have an especially long battery life
3. RC Water Speed Boat by Top Race
This speed boat has been built to last and it has a waterproof hull. It also features an anti-tilt modular deign and has impact-resistant ABS parts that make it very durable. The 4 channel remote allows you to operate your speed boat to go backwards, right, left, and it can handle sharp turns easily.
It also auto flips with 1800 orientation that is quite accurate. It reaches speeds of up to 6.2 miles an hour and can be controlled from the shore up to about 164 feet. It will give you about 10 minutes of playing time before needing to be recharged and is about 15.1″ by 4″ 9″.
- Designed to last
- Has great handling and orientation
- Has self-righting responsive design
- Doesn’t go very fast
- Doesn’t get too far from the shore
2. 4CH Patrol Craft Police Airship RC Boat
This boat is super fun and you can create a real live police chase on the water with other RC craft! It has an aerodynamic body and detailed deck superstructure.
It also features a durable metal actuating mechanism, large torsion propellers, and a twin propeller system with metal shafts. It can reach about 100 feet form shore and a speed of 2mph.
It is about 17″ in length by 5.3 inches in width by 6.3 inches in height. Its exterior glistens with a glossy paint job and it has a very detailed interior.
It features a touch water to run system and has full radio control function so it can go forward, backward and turn left and right with ease.
- Features touch water to run safety system
- Features vector-push design
- Very detailed and has glossy paint job
- Reaches only 2mph
- Can get only 100 feet from shore
1. 2.4GHz High Speed RC Boat by UDI RC
This speed racer is known for its speed. It also comes equipped with a water cooling system that will help to keep this puppy running for years to come.
Its advanced technology of 2.4GHZ code pairing allows you to control different boats at different frequencies. It has a low voltage alarm so you can get your boat back to shore before it dies in the water.
It has a self-righting feature in case it capsizes. It is about 10.9 inches in length by 2.8 inches in width by 2.6 inches in height. If you are looking for some serious fun on the water then this is the boat for you.
- Features capsize recovery feature
- Has low voltage alarm
- Features water cooling system
- Not a large craft
- The transmitter distance is only about 262 feet
Which RC Boat Should You Buy?
Overall, pretty much any RC boat will be a good pick. you need to decide what is the most important features to you such as distance that the transmitter can reach, the size of your boat, or the amount of time that your boat will be able to race before needing to be charged again.
If I were to recommend one of these RC boats, it would be either the Udirc Venom High Speed RC Electric Boat because of its high speeds and low battery warning or the Marine RC Remote Control Racing Boat because it is fast and has powerful motors. Again, it depends on what you are looking for and how you want your RC boat to perform.
Please: note that unfortunately I was unable to find two of the racers on Amazon nor could I find the specific model anywhere online. If you want me to add these please provide the necessary information. Thank you for all your help!