Ever heard of losing battery and being unable to find a charging socket? Bet you have because that’s a pretty common occurrence these days.
As we’re bombarded with smart technology, making work a whole lot easier, we’re faced with minor problems like short battery life while traveling. Phones, tablets, laptops and other technology all require power in order to be operational.
Therefore, it is necessary to have some sort of power back up in the case where charging outlets aren’t available. Luckily, with the advent of portable battery chargers we have overcome this obstacle too.
Now, you can carry your portable battery chargers everywhere you go. Be it while boarding flights, sightseeing, or in the woods hiking.
In this article we’ve compiled a wide selection of best selling portable battery chargers for you to explore through. Portable battery chargers have features ranging from high capacity, to multiple ports to a lot more.
Whether you need a laptop charger or a phone charger, this is your go-to guide. Every product is enlisted with adequate description, pros and cons to enable you to make informed decisions regarding the chargers you’re seeking to buy.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best portable battery chargers on the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Portable Charger Stalion Saver C3 Power Bank
- 9. EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe External Battery
- 8. KMASHI 10000mAh Portable Power Bank
- 7. Aibocn Power Bank 10,000mAh External Battery Charger
- 6. RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger
- 5. Poweradd 2nd Gen Pilot 2GS 10000mAh Power Bank
- 4. Jackery Mini Premium 3350mAh Portable Charger
- 3. Portable Chargers RAVPower 22000mAh Power Bank
- 2. Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger
- 1. Anker PowerCore+ mini 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
- Which Portable Battery Charger Should You Buy?
10. Portable Charger Stalion Saver C3 Power Bank
Portable Charger Stalion C3 is an attractive looking power bank that includes Stalion Smart Technology which features communication between the charger and the connected device to prevent overcharging and notify the user of other things. It also detects proper current for charging.
Stalion Saver C3 has an external battery equipped with premium microchips and requires Grade A cells to ensure best quality quality performance. It’s charge time is 3-4 hours with 1 AMP output power. It has one port integrated to host any USB charging cable. It comes with a cable, manual, travel pouch and warranty.
It has an LED indicator that notifies power on and power off. It is compatible with all smartphone makes and models including: all Android, iOS, and Windows
- It charges fast and is reliable.
- It is portable and the USB cable is easily equipped inside.
- Your phones’s charging holds for longer when charged with this charger.
- The charger tends to get really hot while charging, giving it some rest before next use will help.
- A few customers have reported facing charging issues (this may be due to defective pieces).
9. EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe External Battery
EC 2nd Gen portable charger is designed with Extra Power Capacity (EC). It has a 2A input that charges fourfold faster than 1A input, this is a Double-Speeding Recharging feature. It takes 5.5 hours to charge to a full capacity of 22400mAh to enable its heavy duty and prolonged performance.
It is equipped with advanced flame retardant plastic shell that protects the power bank from any damage or wear/tear. The 5 System Security easily withstands and protects from over-charge, over-voltage, over-current, over-discharge and short-circuit.
EC charger’s A+ Lithium-ion battery is secure, reliable, and long lasting. It can be recharged over 500 times. It includes AUTO-IC technology that can recognize your devices in order to provide preferred or matched current to your devices.
It is equipped with 3 USB ports and 5 output ports. It allows up to three devices to be charged at a time. It is compatible with almost all kinds of smart phones and gadgets.
There are blue indicator lights that notify you of the power bank’s battery status.
The product features safety guarantee and comes with 2 Micro USB charging cable, 1 user manual and a warranty
- It charges phones multiple times without depleting.
- It has a sturdy and durable structure.
- It’s power performance is solid and can charge for device days in a single charge.
- It is slow and takes longer to charge devices.
- A few customers have reported it does not charge devices all the way.
8. KMASHI 10000mAh Portable Power Bank
KMASHI Power Bank is built with a 10000mAh high power capacity external battery. It has high speed simultaneous ports, which means whether you’re charging a tablet or a phone you’ll get speedy performances for both.
KMASHI’s battery has ultra-high density cells that make it super easy to carry. It compatible with a 5V adapter for maximum speed charging (5V adapter isn’t included). It has super fast charge output and dual USB ports (5V/2.1A and 5v/1A). It features Intelligent Power Manage (IC) technology that protects from overcharging and short circuit.
The portable charger has LED indicator lights that signal remaining battery charging power.
It comes equipped with 10000mAh 2A input Fast Charger External Battery,1 micro USB charger cable, a user manual and warranty.
- It lives up to the advertised capacity rating.
- It gives a long-lasting charge.
- It has a sturdy and protective shell.
- USB cable charger stops working prematurely (this may be due to defective pieces).
- A few customers have reported facing charging issues after a couple of uses.
7. Aibocn Power Bank 10,000mAh External Battery Charger
Aibcon Power Bank has a high a power capacity of 10000mAh. It is designed to perform better than standard portable chargers. It features Double USB Port (2Amp+1Amp Output), which allows you to charge up to 2 devices, at high speed, at the same time without depleting the power source.
It features Intelligent Safety Protection which protects from over-charge, over-voltage, over-discharge, over-current, short circuit and much more.
A Backup Flashlight is included, which can be a good helper in many situations where sufficient light isn’t available. LED light indicators show when the charge is full.
It comes with a USB charging cable and warranty. Aibcon portable charger is most commonly used with almost all smartphones.
- It charges devices multiple times in a single charging.
- It charges devices quickly.
- The power bank is solid and holds up power for longer periods.
- It may stop working after a few months as reported by some customers (this may be due to defective pieces).
- A few customers have faced issues with the USB cable.
6. RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger
RAVPower Charger has an ultra-high power capacity of 16750mAh. It offers 5.5 Iphone 7 recharges, 3.3 Galaxy S8 recharges and a 1 full iPad Air recharge. It is designed for a heavy duty performance.
It is built with a Reliable A+ Lithium-Ion Battery. Its Premium A+ 18650 battery can endure over 500 charge cycles. It provides safety service through its integrated voltage surge and over discharge protections. The battery automatically shuts down if faced with an error.
It has dual charging ports; it can charge two devices simultaneously with a total current output of 4.5A. It has a fast recharge system. It takes 9 to 10 hours for the portable charger to fully charge.
It comes equipped with built in flashlight for emergencies, 2 micro USB charging cables, 1 travel pouch, a user guide and warranty.
- It manages to live up to the advertised power capacity.
- It charges devices fast.
- It is sturdy and has a high quality shell.
- It takes about 10 hours to fully charge itself.
- A few customers have reported receiving a defective piece that stopped functioning prematurely.
5. Poweradd 2nd Gen Pilot 2GS 10000mAh Power Bank
Poweradd is a high performance portable charger that features an auto-detect feature that ensures the current required by your device is delivered with the fastest possible charge at a speed up to 2.4A (3.4A total). Its 5V/2A input is twice as faster than 5V/1A input; which enables you to fully charge the Pilot 2GS in five hours only.
It is built with a 10,000mAh power capacity that provides 4 recharges to an iPhone 6s, at least 2.5 charges to a Galaxy S6, and a 1 and a half recharge for iPad Mini. It has an automatic shut-off sleep mode feature.
It is a compact size designed with aviation aluminum body that ensures it’s lightweight, pocket-size and durable.
It has a Grade A+ Li-polymer cell with premium microchips. It includes a multi-protect system that protects against over-charge, over-discharge, over-current, over-voltage, and short circuit. It also offers battery, temperature and overload protection.
Poweradd Pilot 2GS is compatible with all USB-powered devices and comes with 1 USB cable, 1 manual, 1 Feedback Card and warranty.
- Poweradd charging helps devices hold charge for longer.
- It charges devices multiple times in one go.
- It has a sturdy protective shell.
- A few customers have reported facing issues prematurely with the charger’s functionality (this may be due to defective pieces).
- The charger is heavy to carry around.
4. Jackery Mini Premium 3350mAh Portable Charger
Jackery Mini Premium is a portable charger with a 3350mAh (input: 5V/1.5A
output: 5V/1A) power capacity. It has premium microchips and works with Panasonic Grade A Li-ion cell. It is built with 4 layers of smart safety protection circuit that offers 500+ recharges.
It offers battery, over-charge, over-discharge, input/output over-current, input/output over-voltage, and short circuit protection. It has indicator lights to notify if charging is needed.
It has a reset mechanism and is temperature resistant. Jackery Mini is compatible with Apple iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 5, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, and S5 (Orange).
It includes: premium Micro USB, USB 2.0 cable and a warranty.
- It is very portable and easy to carry.
- It fully charges devices.
- It is reliable for a one time charge as advertised.
- A few customers have reported the charger stops working prematurely (this may be due to defective pieces).
- It needs to be charged after every use.
3. Portable Chargers RAVPower 22000mAh Power Bank
RAVPower 22000 has the highest output for 3 charging devices and a power capacity of 22000mAh. It features 3 USB ports with a total current output of 5.8A (2.4A max per port). This means the power bank can charge 1 iPhone6s and 2 ipads simultaneously at their optimal charging speed with the iSmart 2.0 technology activated.
iSmart Technology automatically detects the optimum current for your device and renders a high speed charging. It has an input and output voltage stabilizer which maintains stable charging current to the connected devices.
RAVPower provides Panasonic Smart IC Technology featuring over-charge, short-circuit and over-surge protection. It can charge your iPhone 7 to 8 times. It has 4 LED indicator lights notifying you of the batter’s status.
It is built with power efficient battery, which is a high-density Li-polymer external battery that has a 70 to 80% retention power after 500 charge cycles.
UL94 V-0 is a fire-resistant shell used by Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and other luxury cars.
It comes with 2 micro-USB charging cables, carry pouch, lifetime warranty and a user guide.
- RAVPower works as described.
- It is long lasting, durable and reliable.
- Charging with RAVPower holds charge for longer.
- A few customers have reported facing functionality issue (this may be due to defective pieces)
- Some packages came without a USB cord.
2. Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger
Asrtro E1 is one of the most popular a high speed universal charger that offers 2 charges for most phones. It is very portable and has a 5000mAh high capacity stored into its tiny candy-bar like shell.
It features IQ Power technology that smartly identifies the device and delivers high speed optimum current to the connected device.
It uses premium cells and material to deliver high performance. It features a combination of 10 safety features including: over-charge, over-discharge, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit protection.
It is compatible with Android and iOS systems. It also charges game consoles, cameras, tablets and much more.
- It charges efficiently.
- It is reliable and very portable.
- It’s charging enables devices to hold charge for longer.
- It has a poor shelf life: it loses power if left idle and needs to be recharged before use again.
- A few customers have reported facing functionality issue prematurely (this may be due to defective pieces).
1. Anker PowerCore+ mini 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
PowerCore+ mini is a best-selling, lipstick-sized portable charger that offers high speed universal charging. It has a power capacity of 3350mAh, which renders a full charge to devices. It is designed to fit your pocket and charge your phone while you walk around.
It features Smart technology that identifies you device and provides fastest possible optimum charge. It is perfect for iPhones and non-quick charging devices. It has LED indicators that notify you how much juice is remaining.
It has a MultiProtect Safety System that ensures protection from over-charge, over-discharge, over-current, over-voltage and short-circuit.
PowerCore+ is crafted from premium materials including high-grade components and an aluminum-alloy chassis. It is scratch proof and resistant against wear/tear.
It is compatible with almost all smart devices and comes with a USB cable and an 18 month warranty.
- It performs just as advertised.
- It charges efficiently.
- It is reliable and lasts long.
- A few customers have reported facing issues with the charger (this may be due to defective pieces).
- You need to charge it once every 4 months to keep it operational.
Which Portable Battery Charger Should You Buy?
It is overwhelming to choose the best portable charger for your devices but this is where reviews come in handy. I personally use Powercore+ Mini because I don’t require heavy duty performances. I travel to local places and conveniently enjoy my portable charger stacked in my handbag like the rest of my essentials.
It charges my phone to a full capacity and the charge holds well. A tip to consider while using your portable charger is to use an original USB cable or the one that comes equipped with your charger. This ensures maximum quality/speed performances.
Also, focus on the features and functionality of portable chargers more than how it would function in the long run, as portable chargers can easily be damaged with negligence or improper insertion and removal.
If you’re careful, your good quality charger can last you a good enough time and serve as reliably as advertised. These 10 portable chargers are the best ones to get your hands on in the market. They’re top sellers with over hundreds of thousands of pieces sold.