Pallet trucks, also known as pallet jacks are tools used to lift and move pallets. They use a hydraulic jack and lever mechanism to lift wooden pallets or equipment off of the floor and support it on the wheels of the pallet truck.
When a person uses a pallet truck, they can move heavy load across a smooth floor. They can usually lift 4,000-5,000 pounds. Based on the budget and needs of the company.
The needs of the company can include: how long they plan to use the pallet truck, how the pallet jack will be used, and how long they will need it for.
Not only do pallet trucks lift and move pallets, they cover large distances in a timely manner, they are safe for the people that use them, and the people that use them can clearly see what is going on in front of them.
When you are searching for a pallet truck for your business, there are many options for you to choose from. To help you select one for your business, I am going to review the top 10 best pallet trucks in 2018 that will help you learn about the ones that are available on the market.
Table of Contents
- 10. JORESTECH Stainless Steel Standard Pallet Jack
- 9. Mighty Lift 20 x 36 Inch Fork Pallet Truck
- 8. Wesco Pallet Truck with Integrated Scale
- 7. Xilin Heavy Duty Hand Pallet Truck
- 6. Vestil Fully Powered 3,300 LBS Electric Pallet Truck
- 5. JET 6,000 LBS 27×48 Inch Pallet Truck
- 4. Roughneck 1,100 LBS. Mini Pallet Truck
- 3. Sandusky 5,500 LBS. Heavy Duty Pallet Jack
- 2. Crown Heavy Duty 5,000 LBS. Hand Pallet Truck
- 1. Vergo Heavy Duty Industrial Pallet Truck
- Which Pallet Truck Should You Buy?
10. JORESTECH Stainless Steel Standard Pallet Jack
This pallet jack can carry transport loads up to 5,510 pounds, lift loads eight inches off of the ground, and a height of 48 inches. It is made out of stainless steel and it can handle damage, pressure, and wear-and-tear even under the most strenuous of conditions.
You will also love that the wheels that are made out of nylon will not leave any marks behind. This pallet jack also has fast action trigger to raise, lower, and maintain fork height. It is ideal for small to medium-sized warehouses that are not in need of an electric pallet jack.
- It meets TUV Rheinland/GS/CE stringent quality standards.
- The steel it is made out of can withstand any elements.
- It is not battery operated.
- It cannot lift items that are above eight inches high.
- The steel in this item can rust over time as it comes in contact with oxygen.
9. Mighty Lift 20 x 36 Inch Fork Pallet Truck
The maximum weight that this pallet truck can hold is 5,500 pounds. Its other dimensions include a minimum height of 2.9 inches, a maximum height of 7.48 inches, a fork width of 6.3 inches, and a turning radius of 2.10 inches. This pallet jack is nimble and it will move small items that weigh a lot with ease.
It is coated with iron or steel that makes it very strong even in rough environments and its German seal kit guarantees you that it will have very fast and smooth lifting and lowering. This unit weighs 132 pounds and it also has high tensile steel forks with additional reinforcement for added strength and toughness.
- It is lightweight and easy to move.
- It is well made.
- It lifts very well.
- People got a different item than what was advertised.
- The width of the item is not right to move items.
8. Wesco Pallet Truck with Integrated Scale
This Wesco pallet truck has an LCD scale built into it and it is just right for picking up and moving pallets. The scale can be operated with six D batteries or AC power. The durable steel it is made out of ensures that we will be able to use it a lot.
Another thing that we will love about it is that the wheels are made of polyurethane that will not go flat or puncture and they are resistant to impact and wear. It also weighs 307 pounds and can hold up to moving 5, 000 pounds.
- It lasts a long time.
- It has a three-position hand control.
- The 205 turning degree radius makes it possible for you to use it in constricted areas and around sharp corners.
- It is not easy to use in semi-trailers.
- The measurements in the advertisement appear to be misleading.
7. Xilin Heavy Duty Hand Pallet Truck
This pallet jacket truck weighs in at only 156 pounds and is made out of structural heavy duty steel. The wheels are made out of nylon. You can control the speed of the forks by a hand control and a foot pedal. It also has an overload valve and a pump camp that can be adjusted to make sure that this pallet truck has a long life.
To ensure that this pallet jack operates smoothly, it has two polyurethane entry and exit rollers. The wheels are seven inches in diameter and a 190-degree steering radius. Also, to make raising and lowering easy for you, it can be lowered and raised between 3 and 7.3 inches.
- It has an innovative design.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- You can get a handle fully wrapped in rubber.
- The handle has to be assembled.
- It is presently unavailable for purchase.
6. Vestil Fully Powered 3,300 LBS Electric Pallet Truck
This electric-powered pallet truck makes moving pallets fast and simple. You will love how easy and convenient it is because it has fingertip raise and lower buttons, a safety belly reverse button, and a throttle for forward and reverses direction that is easy-to-use.
The horn will alert people that we are coming and it operates off of 24-volt batteries. It also comes with a standard battery charger and can run eight hours on a charge. This yellow and black pallet truck weighs 671 pounds.
- If you use it minimally, the charge can last twenty days.
- It can hold a weight of up to 3,300 pounds.
- It can move all kinds of freight.
- The key was hard to find as it was placed under the hood.
- It was hard to remove the wooden pallet that was shipped with it.
5. JET 6,000 LBS 27×48 Inch Pallet Truck
Along with being able to transport 6,000 pounds of weight, this pallet truck can turn 200 degrees so it can move around in tight spaces. It is made of solid steel and.for, this reason, its pushrods will never have to be adjusted.
The poly-over-aluminum steel wheels make it possible for this pallet truck to move across uneven floors. You will also love that it has fingertip controls that are simple to use and they make it possible to use this pallet truck one-handed.The two-year warranty is something else that you will love as well.
- They are sturdy and can hold up to freezing cold temperatures.
- They last for years.
- It rolls very easily.
- It does not lift very easily.
- The handle is not easy to install.
4. Roughneck 1,100 LBS. Mini Pallet Truck
If you are in need of a pallet truck to move small pallets, then this is the pallet truck for you. You can use it to move gun safes and seed or feed. It can also be used in garages, shops, convenience stores, retail stores, etc. As the title suggests, it can transport up to 1,100 pounds The small forks and width make it easy to transport small loads.
- It is easy to operate.
- The size is just right.
- It works quickly.
- The assembly instructions are hard to understand.
- It quit working when lifting a 900-pound load.
3. Sandusky 5,500 LBS. Heavy Duty Pallet Jack
As the title mentions, this pallet jack that is made out of steel can carry up to 5,500 pounds. The steel makes it able to withstand corrosion and wear. The handle makes it easy for you to transport your loads as it has a trigger that releases and lowers the forks.
You will also love that the wheels are made of nylon and will not scratch up your floors. It weighs 198 pounds, so it is easy to move and transport while it is carrying big loads.
- The handle is made of all metal.
- It provides a smooth ride.
- It is constructed very well.
- The handle breaks easily.
- It broke after a couple months of light use.
2. Crown Heavy Duty 5,000 LBS. Hand Pallet Truck
This pallet jack that withstands the weight of 5,000 pounds has industry-leading quality, support, and durability. It has an ergonomic handle and three-position lever with raise, lower, and neutral positions and it also has a 200-degree steering angle.
You will love that it comes with a factory warranty and if you need a new part, Crown Heavy will ensure that the parts you need are readily available and will be easy to be replaced.
- The price is right.
- It works quietly and smoothly.
- This product is known to last many years.
- The cost of repair kits is more than the cost of a new pallet jack.
- The seals started to leak after being used for a year.
1. Vergo Heavy Duty Industrial Pallet Truck
This blue pallet truck can transport up to 5,500 pounds. It is 48 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is 65 inches long. You will also love that it has a 210-degree steering arc for easy handling and that it has a durable steel construction with a powder-coat finish so it can be used for a long time.
The safety features include a control for the lowering speed of the pump and an overload valve. The steel forks are also made to last a long time and the weld-free pump ensures that it will last a long time.This pallet truck is reasonably priced and is made from high-quality construction.
- The handle only takes a few minutes to attach.
- It works well to move heavy equipment.
- It can be used with many different sizes of pallets.
- The load wheels are too soft.
- It got stuck under a pallet the first time it was used.
Which Pallet Truck Should You Buy?
In conclusion, what pallet truck you get for your business depends on what you need it for. There are pallet jacks for small and large loads. You can also get one with a scale if you need one. After reviewing all ten of these pallets, I believe that the best one of all of them is the JORESTECH Stainless Steel Standard Pallet Jack.
The Jorestech Stainless Steel Pallet Jack can carry up to 5,510 pounds and it can lift loads eight inches off of the ground. It is also 48 inches tall and it has non-marking wheels. Its fast-action trigger can lower, raise, and maintain fork height.
With all of these great benefits, this pallet jack is ideal for all of your business needs I highly recommend you try this pallet jack as it will provide you with many years of perfect service.