Did you consider oil filters when thinking about maintenance for your car? Maybe not since people unknowingly do not recognize the importance of oil filters.
They are so important that a poor quality oil filter can cause hefty price tags for maintaining your car by shortening the life of it and even causing other parts to unfortunately fail.
You may be wondering how something seemingly so simple can be so vital. Well, the most effective way oil can help your car is by not having any other kind of material in it. What do I mean?
Tiny parts of the car, like small parts of metal, chip off as they move with the car. Erosion will show up if the oil filter does not stop these tiny fragments.
We all know engine erosion and other damaged parts are not good. This makes choosing a high quality oil filter imperative for your car. What makes an oil filter overall good?
You will need to consider aspects like filter efficiency or dirt-holding capacity. How do you know you made the right choice?
Here is a list of the 10 best oil filters in 2019 to help you rest assured your money is well spent.
Table of Contents
10. Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter
This filter is a product of Ford Motor Company and is even recommended to replace oil filters from other car brands. There has been a complaint of the filter not fitting for the 20110 Ford Fusion Sport 3.5 model. The Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter has a detailed fit because of its steel design to resist rust.
- Oil circulation is carefully monitored by pressure-relief valves minimizing re-circulation of bad oil.
- Oil supply is maintained during either cold weather conditions or clogs because of the pressure-relief valves.
- This oil filter does not use synthetic materials which could be a con.
- Oil drainage is averted with anti-drain back valves.
9. ACDelco PF61E Professional Engine Oil Filter
The ACDelco PF61E Professional Engine Oil Filter has an efficiency of 97% for single pass-filtering. Fragments a third of the width of human hair are filtered effectively by cellulose elements. A fitting seal holds parts together and is thermal adhesive to improve filtration.
- Once reaching operating temperatures, it can produce strength that is five times better than most engine oil working pressures.
- Customer reviews have reported poor quality built. One reason being it was effortless to pull apart the filter media.
- Another complaint is that it lacks as long of a life as some would like when using synthetic oil.
8. Bosch 3300 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
Maximum oil supply is achieved when the car starts because of silicone anti-drain back valves. A tight seal is accomplished with a lubed gasket. The steel plates ensure leakage or warp prevention. Reviewers mention some vehicle base plate redesigns prohibit a tight seal; as the shape resembles a convex and not concave.
- Engine protection is assured with FILTECH media technology that has effective screening.
- Structural canisters are leak free due to a double-lock rolled seam.
- There is concern with the product quality because they are manufactured by a different contractor. This may not be a problem for you but manufacturing research can be beneficial.
7. Mann-Filter HU 719/8 X Metal-Free Oil Filter
- A quality surface area enables a higher dirt filtering capability. This surface area is effective during the entire operating time because of pleat structuring.
- You can take advantage of easy filter replacement with the Mann-Filter HU 719/8 X Metal-Free Oil Filter which is convenient for some people.
- Mann-Filter has reoccurring efficiency with terrific separation functionality.
- A review has pointed out mechanical system failures with Mann-Filter due to lubrication problems.
- Turbo and hyper-performed functions have been affected by this and may raise questions during your selection. Some underlying issues causing this have not been identified.
6. FRAM XG9972 Ultra Premium Oil Filter
- This filter is engineered to use synthetic oil.
- Superior flow and robustness is supported with uniform pleating from metal screens in the synthetic media blend.
- The FRAM XG9972 Ultra Premium Oil Filter has a 99% dirt-trapping productivity rating. Proven engine protection is provided in up to 15,000 miles.
- There have been complaints of poor material quality that makes the filter asymmetric. This could cause problems for poor oil flow and filtering.
- Another user discovered when replacing the filter that it was crushed. It still worked but there is always a possibility of issues devising from product malformation during use.
5. Briggs & Stratton 696854 Oil Filter Replacement
Briggs & Stratton 696854 Oil Filter replacement meets OME standards and replaces Briggs # 795890, 92134GS, 92134 and 695396.
- Many purchasers describe no leaks and money well spent despite the price.
- The manufacture testing promises high performance.
- Briggs & Stratton guaranteed a good fit because of genuine parts that meet emission regulations.
- Few negative reports have been shared. Customers have received the filter outside of original packaging which could compromise the filter but that issue is more so related to the supplier of the filter. Ensure the filter fits your needs with further research.
- Customers have criticized the filter of being overpriced.
4. Mobil 1 M1-102 Extended Performance Oil Filter
You can expect to have longevity performance with this oil filter because of the synthetic fiber blend media and an efficiency rating of 99.6%. The filter may not be a suitable choice for you if you are Mazda owner because of the consistent review complaints of not being able to fit.
- The quality offers a double capacity of holding contaminants and withstanding nine times more than standard operation pressure.
- They are also on the costly side of filters but customers are willing to pay because of the high quality.
- Terminating leakage during shutdown prevent dry starts. This is accomplished because of silicone anti-drain valves.
3. WIX Filters – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter, Pack
Installations are easy with these WIX filters and a required minimal maintenance will make busy people happy.
- An attractive feature for the filter is high reliability and durability.
- You can take advantage of increased element size preservation and dirt-holding volume with it. Take into consideration this not an OEM filter and may influence your decision.
- Particular purchases can include a gasket, mounting plate, center tube and inner element tube.
- Low restriction for oil flow is part of what puts this filter in the top three of the list.
- As we are commonly seeing throughout the filter list, this filter does not fit all vehicles so please research to see if the filter is a proper fit for your needs.
2. WIX Filters – K&N KN-303 Motorcycle/Powersports High Performance Oil Filter
Is it a surprise the filter is not a one size fits all?
- Many people are highly satisfied with the filter’s ability to meet performance standards and the sturdy build it has for extreme conditions.
- The exposed nuts were specifically sized to make the removal filter easy for anyone.
- The filter media has a percentage rate of 99% for filtering harmful elements.
- Applicable anti-drainback valves keeps oil from draining back and shutting systems down, allowing you to avoid a dry start.
- A particular complaint for this filter is that people are noticing lesser quality from the filters that are foreign made rather than made in the country. The poor quality has also been linked to some people experience leakage.
1. Mobil 1 M1-113 Extended Performance Oil Filter
- The product has longevity performance as it should as number one on the list.
- Some people reported not getting an extended performance while using synthetic oil but still appreciate the overall benefits.
- The efficiency rating is a coveted 99.6% because of the fiber media blend.
- Unlike other filters, it holds twice as many contaminants.
- It withstands high operating pressures and the silicone anti-drain back valves are included.
- Installation is quick and easy.
- No concerning issues aside from it possibly not having certain fitting compatibility. The complaint is significantly lower compared to other filters.
- Some people have reported not getting an extended performance while using synthetic oil but still appreciate the overall benefits of the oil filter.
My Favorite Oil Filter That I Personally Use
You may still be wondering what terrific filter to choose for you. I would recommend considering the number one filter on the list. The Mobil 1 M1-113 Extended Performance Oil filter included all the benefits the other filters offered. Like anti-drain back valves and excellent fiber media blending.
A noticeable feature of this filter was a high quality rate that was not challenged by reviews. Although there were slim complaints about fitting size from oil filter reviews, the number of complaints was significantly lower compared to other filters.
Research these filters to find out which one is best for you!