There’s a lot to consider when it’s time to go shopping for nursery furniture. Safety, comfort, and price are often at the top of the list.
An active baby can really put a crib to the test, so it has to be well-built, and if it’s not comfortable, your child will certainly let you know, loudly. Although not as important as the first two, getting full value for your money does count.
Things to Consider With Baby Furniture
Baby furniture should be well-made enough that even if you only have one child when you’re through with it, you should be able to pass it on to the next generation of babies.
Other things besides furniture will be needed, and most people can’t afford to buy anything that isn’t built to last. The following list highlights baby furniture found on Amazon, all chosen based on good customer reviews.
Every one of these sets is top market sellers and have already been tested by the toughest of consumers, parents like you and babies just like yours. Taking advantage of the information found here will save time and help you locate exactly what you need so you can cross “furnishing the nursery” off your list.
Below, we reviewed the top 10 best nursery furniture sets on the market in 2019.
Baby Nursery Furniture Set You Need
Before we look at the top 10 best nursery furniture sets available right now in 2019, let’s consider the different types of furniture you may need to purchase for your baby’s room.
A chair is a comfortable area for the parent to sit while keeping an eye on the child. From this position in the room, you’ll have a designated area where you can relax and ensure that your baby has safely gone to sleep without having to uncomfortably stand and watch over them. This is also an ideal piece of furniture to rock your baby to sleep and help soothe them before they drift off.
Changing Table or Dresser
This is another essential piece of furniture for your baby’s nursery and can be extremely useful for storing your baby’s accessories and clothes. In the first year, you’ll be changing more nappies than you could have ever imagined, so it’s great to have an area already set-up for this purpose. A dresser that can also be used as a changing table is a convenient way to prevent purchasing another piece of furniture. Plus, they’re designed with safety in mind so your baby won’t fall off the edge. Keep the space clear and organized so you only have the essentials on display and plenty of room to position your baby.
Cot or Bed
Which you choose is down to personal preference and budget. This is the most essential piece of furniture in a nursery so you should take your time choosing the right one for your baby. A cot bed features sides that remove so you can convert it into a bed when your child reaches the toddler stage. These are a great investment as you don’t need to purchase a new bed every couple of years, but they are pricier than a Moses basket.
Top 10 Best Nursery Furniture Sets
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider With Baby Furniture
- Top 10 Best Nursery Furniture Sets
- 10. Simmons Kids Augusta 6-Piece Molasses Brown Nursery Furniture Set
- 9. Fisher-Price 6 Piece Nursery Furniture Bundle
- 8. Baby Mod – Bella 4-in-1 Fixed Side Crib
- 7. Sorelle Petite Paradise in Cherry
- 6. Davinci Tyler 5-Piece Nursery Set Espresso
- 5. DaVinci Jayden Crib and Changer Set
- 4. Elephants Pink/Grey 10 pc Crib Set
- 3. Davinci Tyler 5-Piece Nursery Set
- 2. Serta Barrett 7-Piece Nursery Furniture Set
- 1. Dream On Me 2 in 1 Full Size Crib and Changing Table
- Which Nursery Furniture Set Should You Buy?
10. Simmons Kids Augusta 6-Piece Molasses Brown Nursery Furniture Set
Four beds in 1 investment, this crib easily converts to a toddler bed, and from there to a daybed or one that’s full-sized. It exceeds industry safety standards, and an anti-tip kit is included in the order.
The changing topper features a cubby hole to keep needed items handy, and it all fits neatly on top of the dresser. The comfortable chair not only glides smoothly and quietly, but it also swivels for convenience.
- A 3-position mattress offers the kind of comfort a baby needs to sleep well.
- Soft detailing on every edge or corner keeps baby safe.
- Guardrail kit is included for use when your baby is ready for a toddlers bed.
- The glider works as advertised but it will never replace old fashioned rockers.
- The storage cubby is convenient but barely big enough to hold a bag of wipes.
9. Fisher-Price 6 Piece Nursery Furniture Bundle
Anyone on a “baby budget” will appreciate this set of furniture. This sleigh style crib comes with guardrails, so you’re ready when it’s time for baby to get out of the crib and into a toddler bed.
The platform dressing table features two shelves as well as two fabric baskets for obvious convenience.
- Built by Master Craftsmen from New Zealand Pine.
- Personalized heirloom plaque with your child’s name on it.
- Adjustable crib mattress has three different positions for comfort.
- Only available in white, very hard to keep clean with an active baby.
- The mattress is not made from “memory foam” and may tend to flatten over time.
8. Baby Mod – Bella 4-in-1 Fixed Side Crib
Bella 4-in-1 is the answer for those of us who need to be budget-conscious but don’t want to have to sacrifice quality or style to do it.
Bella’s classic design goes well with any nursery décor, and when your child is ready to graduate to a “real” bed, this crib easily converts to a toddler, day or full-sized. It grows with your baby.
- 100% crafted from quality wood.
- Three drawer dresser has plenty of storage.
- Changer features a safety strap to hold your little one in place.
- Exceeds all industry safety standards.
- The natural beauty of wood only gets better with age.
- Roomy, four drawer dresser to help store all those baby clothes.
7. Sorelle Petite Paradise in Cherry
This is the last bed you’ll need to buy for your child until they reach middle school age. Made from New Zealand pine, it blends well with the rest of your homes furnishings.
Nursery rhyme themes are okay, but the older a child gets, the less they appreciate “babyfied” furniture.
- Chemical odor in the mattress is very difficult, if not impossible, to clear up.
- Too much space between crib rails can allow baby’s legs to get stuck.
- Paint is lead-free.
- Stop mechanism on dresser drawers prevents them from being pulled out too far.
- Safe according to industry standards.
- Mattress sold separately.
- Chest drawers tend to stick when over-loaded.
6. Davinci Tyler 5-Piece Nursery Set Espresso
Davinci’s multi-step painting process provides a beautiful finish that meets all industry safety standards. Made from solid wood, this nursery set is built for endurance and can take anything actives babies try to do to it.
Babies like climbing, but if they manage to get to the top of the dresser, it won’t tip over on them with the anti-tip kit installed.
- Paint is lead-free.
- Stop mechanism on dresser drawers prevents them from being pulled out too far.
- Anti-tip will keep your baby safe.
- Veneer tends to peel at the edges.
- Poor packaging can lead to damaged goods. Careful inspection of the product is recommended before assembly is complete.
5. DaVinci Jayden Crib and Changer Set
A 3 drawer dresser top doubles as a safe changing station due to rails on each side and for even more protection, a safety strap is included to hold your wiggly little one securely in place.
The beauty of this espresso colored furniture is something babies may not care about, but an older child will. The non-toxic finish meets all industry standards, and this set does have a GREENGUARD Gold certification.
- Easily converts to a bed suitable for older children.
- Built for comfort, parents can trust its safety rating.
- Solid wood construction, built to last.
- Although rated as non-toxic, the finish tends to peel with age.
- Slats are decorative, but active babies can get their legs stuck between them.
4. Elephants Pink/Grey 10 pc Crib Set
Made from 100% cotton percale fabrics, this adorable set fills a nursery with color. Cotton not only allows baby’s skin to breathe (making it a more sensible choice in any kind of extreme weather), it feels good next to the skin of babies with sensitive skin or allergy issues.
Comfortable babies are generally happier ones, and if what it takes to quiet a fussy baby is buying this set, your choice is obvious.
- Considered a “green product” because it comes from a renewable resource, the cotton plant.
- All 10 of these items are biodegradable.
- The soothing softness of natural cotton.
- Mattress filling could cause an allergic reaction for anyone sensitive to 100% polyester.
- Beware of fitted sheets that tend to pull up at the corners. This is a potential hazard if the baby becomes entangled in it.
3. Davinci Tyler 5-Piece Nursery Set
With 4 level mattress support, even the fussiest sleeper can rest more comfortably. Paint is non-toxic, so this set has no problem meeting current industry standards or being JPMA certified.
There is a stop mechanism on drawers to prevent little ones from pulling them all the way out, and an anti-tip kit (included) keeps dresser steady.
- Eligible for FREE replacement parts.
- Affordable, safe, and stylish.
- Safety conscious and manufactured under strict quality control.
- Dresser is smaller than you would expect.
- Even using the gentlest pressure to tighten screws, fascia boards may split.
2. Serta Barrett 7-Piece Nursery Furniture Set
From newborn to toddler, and then onward to a full-sized bed, this one-time purchase will take care of your child’s furniture needs long past the infant stage.
Changing station is designed to fit snugly on a dresser top or any flat surface, and three-position mattress is firm with a thermo-bonded polyester fiber core. Included is an anti-tip kit so curious, climbing babies can’t turn the dresser over on themselves.
- Included in this purchase is a FREE Safe-n-Clear Digital baby monitor with a temperature sensor and talkback feature.
- Made in the USA, this set earns its GREENGUARD Gold certification.
- From Serta, a brand that has been helping people sleep better over 80 years.
- The firmness of mattress may require blankets to soften it up for some babies.
- Since the mattress core is polyester, caution is advised for anyone with sensitivity to this material.
1. Dream On Me 2 in 1 Full Size Crib and Changing Table
No products found.
No products found.
Sturdy and safe, Dream On Me baby furniture exceeds industry safety standards, including having a safety strap on the changing table.
Changing area has plenty of storage underneath, and babies tend to chew on everything is okay because rails are totally “chewable.”
- All tools for assembly included.
- Grows with your baby by conversion to “big kid bed” when they’ve outgrown the crib.
- Plenty of storage where you need it most. Cons
- Standard size mattress is sold separately.
- Poles under the changing table don’t want to stay in place.
Safety Tips For a Baby’s Nursery
Once you’ve picked the best nursery furniture sets, you’ll also need to address safety as this should be your number one priority. First, place your baby’s crib away from any furniture, shelves or blind cords as these can be extremely dangerous to your baby. You should also make sure the windows are properly guarded so your child cannot fall out of the window when it is open. However, don’t place the bed close to the bedroom to prevent such a disaster from happening.
For any electrical equipment, make sure this is out of your child’s reach and purchase plug protectors on any neglected electrical outlets to prevent your child from placing their finger in and seriously injuring themselves. While you’re changing your child on the changing table, make sure they’re securely in position with a safety belt and never leave them unattended – even if it’s for one second. Keep all baby supplies out of your baby’s reach so they can’t ingest any products while you’re changing them.
Finally, you should also focus on the crib and the area surrounding it. For example, make sure the slots on the crib are securely fastened and the mattress fits snugly with no gaps so your baby can’t slip between the crib side. Once your baby reaches the age where they’re sitting up and grabbing things, make sure you remove all dangling toys so they can’t pull on them and put them in their mouths. Also, ensure that there are no small parts of pieces of plastic material surrounding the crib that they can injure themselves with.
Which Nursery Furniture Set Should You Buy?
Now that you’ve seen 10 of the best on the market, all you need to do is choose which one suits you and your baby best. Personally, I believe # 2, and the Serta Barrett is a good choice because of Serta’s high customer ratings on adult-sized mattresses.
Also, Serta is the one offering a free baby monitor, which is something that has become a necessity for modern parents everywhere. When you can hear what’s going on in the nursery, everyone rests easier.
Whether a baby is expected, or already here, the sooner you invest in the proper furniture for your baby’s room, the better off you will both be.