The nail guns that you use when you are working on projects in your home will help you get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time. The time that you are taking to care for your home is more than worth it, but you have to be sure that you have something that works for you.
There are a lot of people who are going to be able to work in their homes with a nail gun, but you have to know how the nail guns work and how they are working along with the rest of the things you need to do in the house.
You can look around the house to see all the work that can be done when you are working with a nail gun, and it will all go much faster as a result. There are certain parts of the house that can get done so quickly that you will never think that it could have taken that long.
Things To Consider When Buying a Nail Gun
Before we share the best nail guns, let’s take a look at some essential factors to bear in mind during your search.
You can easily purchase a battery-powered nail gun, which will typically use 18 or 20V lithium ion batteries that charge quickly. These high-quality batteries also last a long time, meaning you don’t have to replace them as often. This is an ideal power source if you’re searching for a portable nail gun you can conveniently transport around with you.
Another popular power source is a combination of fuel and battery, which creates the power to use the nail gun. These units are cordless, making them portable and easy to carry around with you although you need to be on the ball making such the fuel and battery have enough energy before using the nail gun.
Finally, an air-powered nail gun is the most expensive type you can purchase, but you don’t need to worry about preserving the fuel or battery. However, there are a few considerations you’ll need to bear in mind, such as purchasing your own air compressor whenever you need to use the nail gun. Therefore, we only really recommend professionals and experts use an air-powered nail gun. They’re also one of the loudest types of nail guns and can be quite disruptive, so you should bear in mind your typical environment before using one.
Ergonomics and Design
Your comfort and health is important when working on projects, so we highly recommend purchasing a nail gun that is ergonomically designed. This means you can use it for long periods of time without your hands or arms aching, allowing you to focus on the job rather than any fatigue.
An effective, well-designed tool can also improve your results and quicken the process to help you work productively.
If you take your work seriously, you should purchase a nail gun with all the extras and features you need to produce your best work. For example, an LED light enables you to clearly see where you’re targeting, making it great to use in low-lighting conditions or in a small space.
Another useful feature is a directional exhaust that blows away any fumes and dust from your face, enabling you to properly see. This also helps to keep your surface tidy.
It might be worth purchasing a case for your nail gun so you can safely store it when it’s not in use. Look for designs that make the device easy to carry around with you as you transport to different jobs.
Finally, another great additional feature is a depth adjuster, which is a useful feature for professionals. This allows you to see how far the nail will reach into the surface to make sure that you’re working in a safe area and there are no implications that could affect your work. You’ll usually operate this feature manually with a small twist.
The Top 10 Best Nail Guns To Purchase
Below we have reviewed the top 10 best nail guns in 2019 that you should consider buying.
Table of Contents
- Things To Consider When Buying a Nail Gun
- The Top 10 Best Nail Guns To Purchase
- 10. WEN 61720 3/4-Inch To 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 9. NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer
- 8. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing/Finishing Combo Kit
- 7. PORTER-CABLE BN200C 2-Inch 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
- 6. Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch to 2-1/2 Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer
- 5. BOSTITCH BTFP72646 3-Tool Compressor Combo Kit
- 4. DEWALT DC608K 18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
- 3. Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer
- 2. DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless Finish Nailer
- 1. PORTER CABLE PCFP72671 Finish Nailer
- Which Nail Gun Should You Buy?
10. WEN 61720 3/4-Inch To 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
The WEN brad nailer is a basic nailer with a small air canister inside the unit that provides you with the air that you need to punch the nails down. That is something that you an do quickly, and then you can move on to the other information that you need to get the work done. Everyone who is trying to make sure that they can get the work done can use this nailer to get all the work done instantly, and then they can move on to other work.
- The nailer is small and simple
- The air canister is easy to replace
- You can move quickly
- It might not be powerful enough for you
- It might not be heavy enough for big jobs
9. NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer
The NuMax is a 21 degree angle nailer that gives you the leverage you need to get your nails put in easily. You have to make sure you are using this nailer when you need some more leverage getting longer nails to go in, and you also want to use this one because it is a lighter version of the angled nailers. It will work great on projects in the house, but it will work on a much larger project if you need it for a short time. Consider that you get some more professional power without overdoing it.
- This is an angled nailer with leverage
- It is not too heavy
- It very fast
- It is not heavy enough for large jobs
- The angle might not work for you
8. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing/Finishing Combo Kit
This is a framing and finishing kit that will help you make sure that you will have the right finish on everything. You will have four different items to use when you are working, and they all look different.
Having four different devices is something that can help when you are trying to get a lot of work done in one place. You also need to remember that you can get the nails and the canisters for these units. That will add up to a lot of gear that can do a lot of work.
- This framing kit has four devices
- You can compile a lot of gear in one kit
- You can work on anything
- This might be too much for you
- This might be too complex for you
7. PORTER-CABLE BN200C 2-Inch 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
This two inch brad nailer is a standard in the industry. It will do a lot of work for you because it has the right size nails for most jobs. It is a much thinner version of a lot of the models that you are used to, and you also have to remember that you can use the nailer when you are just doing small jobs around the house. It was made to be as portable as possible, and it was made to help you move fast through the jobs that you have.
- The air canister replacement is easy
- It is small and easy to wield
- The unit is simple to use in small spaces
- The unit might not be big enough
- The unit is not angled
6. Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch to 2-1/2 Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer
The Hitachi is an angled nailer that you can use on an industrial site if you want. It is going to help you make sure that you have to support that you need to take care of your home. It will help you make sure that you can get to all those little jobs, and it will show you that you only need a little power. You can even use these outside if you want to, but it is not so big that you cannot handle it. Hitachi is known for quality, and you will get it in this device.
- The device is small
- It gives you the angle you need
- It is of the highest quality
- It might be too small for you
- The angle might be too much for you
5. BOSTITCH BTFP72646 3-Tool Compressor Combo Kit
This unit comes with a compressor that you can really enjoy, and you need to be sure that you have decided to get the unit when you have to have all that extra power from the compressor. You have to use the compressor with the nail guns, but it can give you a lot of power, and you can adjust the power as you go so that you are always getting what you want. The Bostitch is a very strong unit, and you can do the heaviest work around the house using this one device.
- This unit has a lot of power
- The compressor comes along with it
- You get multiple nail guns
- You might not need all this
- You might want less power
4. DEWALT DC608K 18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
The Dewalt two inch brad nailer is a very simple item to use because it is the scaled down version of the professional model. You still get a lot of power from this unit, and you also get to use it in any small space where you need. The Dewalt will give you something that can work anywhere, and you will be able to use it without any problems at any time. Remember that this is a very simple unit to use that is very powerful.
- This is a powerful unit
- It will stand the test of time
- It will work in any situation
- It might not be big enough
- You might need something with more power
3. Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer
The Paslode is a nice unit that runs on a lithium ion battery and a small air caniseter. You have to be sure that you have this one when you are trying to do small jobs in the house. Everyone who is trying to get results from their work needs to have this small unit on hand because it can work around the house easily. You will save a lot of time, and you will avoid problems that you have with much larger units. The Paslode is the simplest to use on the list.
- This is a small unit
- The battery and air canister are easy to use
- The unit works at home easily
- It might be far too small for you
- The battery has to be charged
2. DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless Finish Nailer
The Dewalt 18 volt is a very strong device that you need to try because it can help you get around to much bigger jobs that you are trying to take care of. This is a larger version of the other units on this list, and you have to be sure you are cordless when you are moving around all day. You get the power that you need, and you will be able to work for as long as you need with the heavy duty battery.
- This device is big enough for anything
- This device is very easy to use
- The battery is very strong
- The device might be too big
- The device might not last long on a battery
1. PORTER CABLE PCFP72671 Finish Nailer
Porter Cable made this finish nailer to work everywhere, and you need to be sure that you have it with you when you are ready to do big jobs in the house. You can learn a lot from the kinds of nailers you use, and this large nailer does everything in one package. You have to be sure that you have gotten this one when you need the power and versatility in one device.
- It is very powerful
- It will work anywhere
- It has a good reputation for quality
- It might be too big
- It might be too powerful
Which Nail Gun Should You Buy?
There are some very nice nail guns on this list that you can try, and we like the Dewalt 18-volt and the Porter Cable finish nailer. The two devices are the best of the best because they will give you the speed you need without forcing you to be tied to a giant device that is too hard to manage.
The management of your nailers is something that you have to think about when you know how big your home is, and you also have to make sure that you have the one that suits your style. Some people need a professional machine in their home because they know that they need that kind of power, but you might want to step back to something like the Paslode because it is much smaller and easier for the novice to wield. Consider your experience and your needs once you start shopping.