The motorcycle batteries that you put in your bike have to hold up for a long time if you expect them to help you at all. The best thing you can do is find something that will work the best for your bike considering how much power it needs.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Motorcycle Battery
There are many things that you need to consider when you are looking for a battery, and you should remember that everyone who wants to get the right battery is looking at the same things that you are. You will be able to work with companies that sell batteries that work just for your bike.
Materials and Size
Always look into the battery’s dimensions compared to the one you currently have fitted in your bike. If the battery is too large for your motorcycle, this could potentially damage your bike. If it’s too small, this could rattle around inside and might not have enough strength to transmit to the cables.
Aside from size, the materials should be durable and reliable. We recommend looking for several materials that are resistant to heat, pressure, and vibration so you can ride your motorcycle without any safety concerns.
You’ll also need to look into the battery’s voltage and ensure that this matches your motorcycle’s needs. If the voltage is too low for your motorcycle, it won’t have the strength it needs to travel as reliably and fast as it could.
Generally speaking, a small model will need a six-volt battery, whereas a larger motorcycle will require a 12-volt battery. However, it’s always best to check with your manufacturer before making a final purchase.
Throughout your search, you’ll discover that motorcycle batteries come in a range of prices, depending on the manufacturer, the power, maintenance involved, and other features. We recommend having a budget in mind before beginning your search to limit your options. However, always purchase from a reputable supplier so you know you’re getting the best quality possible.
Once you’ve purchased the best motorcycle battery for you, it’s important that you spend time maintaining the battery so it’s safe and reliable. Thankfully, most batteries last three to five years when properly looked after, so putting aside the time to check will save you money in the long run.
Visual Inspection and Clean
Once a month, we suggest inspecting the battery for any visual malfunctions. For the best results, remove the battery and place on a level surface. Look for any scratches, tears or signs of abuse.
It’s common for motorcycle batteries to need a clean to eliminate any corrosion. So if there is a white substance present on the battery, this is a sign that acid is leaking. If this is the case, wear protective gloves and remove the cables. Clean the acid with baking soda as this will dissolve it so you can then wipe away the solution with a clean, dry cloth.
For any obvious signs of buildup and dirt, use an old toothbrush to gently remove the buildup. Complete the cleaning session with an anti-corrosion spray on the cables to prevent any corrosion in the future.
Charge The Battery If You Don’t Use it Often
If your battery runs completely flat, this can affect its lifespan and affect the motorcycle’s performance. Each time you ride your motorcycle, the battery charges, so when you don’t use it for long periods, the battery can run flat. There are ways around this, but prevention is better than a cure.
If you’re unsure of checking the battery’s wellbeing, purchase a pulse charge as this will show the battery’s condition and how much charge is available.
The Top 10 Best Motorcycle Batteries To Buy
Below we have reviewed the top 10 best motorcycle batteries in 2019 that you should consider.
Table of Contents
- Factors To Consider When Choosing a Motorcycle Battery
- Battery Maintenance
- The Top 10 Best Motorcycle Batteries To Buy
- 10. Zipp Battery YT14B-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
- 9. Pirate Battery YTX9-BS High Performance Power Sports Battery
- 8. Yuasa YUAM3RH2S YTX12-BS Battery
- 7. ZPC Battery YTX14-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
- 6. Chrome Battery YTX7L-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
- 5. Yuasa YUAM320BS YTX20L-BS Battery
- 4. ThrottleX Batteries HDX30L – Harley Davidson Replacement Motorcycle Battery
- 3. Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
- 2. YUASA YTX14-BS Maintenance Free Battery
- 1. ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery
- Which Motorcycle Batter Should You Buy?
10. Zipp Battery YT14B-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
This is a battery that was made with 12 volts of power, and it is rated to fit in a lot of different motorcycles. You might ride one of the bikes that you can put this battery in, and you will spend less money on this battery. No motorcycle battery is that expensive, and you need to be sure that you have taken the time to get the right battery for you. This one is simple to use, and it will still power your bike.
- It has 12 volts for the bike
- It is small and easy to fit in the bike
- It is easy to use once installed
- It might not be sturdy enough
- You might want one rated for off road use
9. Pirate Battery YTX9-BS High Performance Power Sports Battery
No products found.
No products found.
Everyone who is looking for a better battery for their bike should remember that they can get something that is rated for outdoor use. You might have a sport bike that is very easy to ride, but it still has to have a battery that can get you wherever you want to go.
This Pirate Battery will do wonders for you because it can help you make sure that you have that bit of extra power that you need to run in the outdoors. That is why you need a new battery, and getting one with more spunk will really help.
- This is great for outdoor bikes
- You can run this battery harder
- This battery is very easy to install in outdoor bikes
- This might not be good if you just use a road bike
- This might be too powerful
8. Yuasa YUAM3RH2S YTX12-BS Battery
The Yuasa brand is one that you can get to trust pretty easily. It will help you when you are trying to make the right choices for your bike, and it will help you because it is very reliable. There is more than one on this list, and each one is very good for you because it can help you make sure that you have the right power for the bike. You should check them all, but this one comes with 12 volts of power for the most basic of the bikes you could ride.
- This is a basic battery for the most basic bike
- This battery is very reliable
- This is the perfect battery for a high performance bike
- This is great for bikes that you run hard every day
- This gives you longer battery life
- You might not need so much power
- This might not work on a bike that does not need so much performance
- It might not be strong enough for you
- It might not fit your bike
7. ZPC Battery YTX14-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
The ZPC is a high performance battery for bikes that were already made to be high performance. The battery has more power than other batteries because it has to keep up with more, and it will help you get any kind of bike going at any speed. The bike that you are riding hard on the road every day will do well with this battery, or it will work in a bike that you use on the track.
6. Chrome Battery YTX7L-BS High Performance Motorcycle Battery
This is a special battery that gives you high performance, but it is also made with a gel cell that you do not have to maintain. You will never have to do any maintenance to this battery at all because it will always work no matter what you need. You will be able to run it very hard until you are done with it, and you will notice that it does not fade at all. This is the kind of battery that can serve you for years until you need to replace it.
- This battery has a gel pack that makes it very reliable
- It never has to be maintained as long as you own it
- The battery will last a very long time in any bike
- The battery might be too much for you
- This battery is too much for some smaller bikes
5. Yuasa YUAM320BS YTX20L-BS Battery
This is another offering from Yuasa that you will really like because it is so easy to use. It is one of the most basic items to use, and it will be easy to install in any bike you use. You just need to make sure that you have figured out how to make it work the best for your needs. You will be able to get it to fit in all the bikes that it is rated for, and it will run for a very long time before you have to move on.
- This is good battery for any bike that it will fit
- The battery will install easily
- The battery will last for a long time
- The battery might not fit your bike
- You might need something that is built for performance
4. ThrottleX Batteries HDX30L – Harley Davidson Replacement Motorcycle Battery
The ThrottleX is made just for people who ride Harley’s, and it will help you get that bike back on the road for thousands of miles of riding. These are batteries that were made just for people like you when you prefer a Harley to any other kind of bike. You have to be sure that you have picked this one out when you know that you do not want to ride anything other than a Harley. You want to be able to rely on the battery, and on made just for Harley’s will help.
- This is perfect for all Harleys that you might ride
- The battery will last longer in a Harley because of the design
- The battery will hold up even on hard road trips
- This is not rated for other types of bikes
- You might not need so much power from your battery
3. Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
No products found.
No products found.
This is a lithium ion battery that is much easier to manage because it will work much better than other batteries in the industry. It will preserve a lot of its power, and you will not have to worry about the fact that it is so powerful.
It works perfectly in all situations because it can help you when you know that you need to get something that will last longer on the whole. That is why you choose lithium ion over other batteries.
- Use this battery in all your favorite bikes
- This battery will last a long time, and it will not break down easily
- The battery will help you when you need more charge from your battery
- This battery might not fit your motorcycle
- You might want something with more power and less charge
2. YUASA YTX14-BS Maintenance Free Battery
No products found.
No products found.
This the last Yuasa on this list because it is the one rated for maintenance free use. There are many batteries that will work without any maintenance, and this one is made by a name that you can trust. You have to imagine how much work might have to go into a bike if you are working on the battery all the time, and it makes the bike a lot easier to own because it costs you nothing to maintain the battery. You just keep using it for as long as you need.
- Maintenance free batteries are very good for you
- They cost less to use every day
- They will hold up for a long time
- You might not be able to fit this one in your bike
- You might not want something so serious
1. ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery
This is the final item on the list, but it is a rechargeable battery that you can use pretty easily. You will like this battery because it works in most bikes, and you can keep it going for a long time. Make sure you have tried this one when you are running your bike hard every day.
- This battery is rechargeable
- It will fit most bikes
- It will be easier to use in the long term
- This battery might not be powerful enough for you
- You might need one that fits your bike better
Which Motorcycle Batter Should You Buy?
You could choose from all of these batteries pretty easily, but you need to be sure that you have taken a look at every battery to see if it fits in your motorcycle. There are many people who will use these batteries as a simple replacement, but you still need to balance the reliability of the battery with the price of it.
You can check to see if it will fit, and then you can buy based on how comfortable you are with it. We are very comfortable with the Yuasa brand, and the ExpertPower 12 volt is also a very good battery. Consider each of these when you are ready to buy a new battery to install in your motorcycle.