So you’re in search of a new metal detector and determined to find that perfect one. Well there probably is no such thing, but here at Metal Detector List we certainly have all the experience you could ask for in seeking some guidance to your next purchase.
With an unlimited amount of brands, styles and varieties to choose from, it’s our intention to lead you in the right direction by showing you the pros and cons of some of our favorite models and help you make a decision based on your needs.
What you need to answer for yourself are those specific needs and wants. Where will you be using the device? How often will you be hunting treasures? How much have you budgeted for the investment and will one or more people be using the detector?
What we’ve put together for you is a list of the top 10 best metal detectors in 2019 that vary in style, technical abilities and features and cost.
The following reviews should be a great guide for you to understand the variables, features and benefits of each device so you can make a solid purchase decision.
Remember there is no “perfect metal detector” but there certainly is a model out there that fits your wants and needs just right.
Table of Contents
- 10. Kingdetector MD-4030 Pro Edition
- 9. Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector
- 8. Garrett ACE 200 Metal Detector
- 7. Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector
- 6. Treasure Cove TC-9700 Fortune Finder Pro Metal Detector Kit
- 5. Teknetics Delta 4000 Metal Detector
- 4. Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector
- 3. INTEY Metal Detector
- 2. Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector
- 1. Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
- Which Metal Detector Should You Buy?
10. Kingdetector MD-4030 Pro Edition
This is what would be considered a great starter model. It comes full equipped with an easy to read meter window, headphones for zoning in on underground treasures and metals and even includes a shovel for digging your treasures.
The detection system is very sensitive and it is easy to carry and operate. The detection pad covers a 6.5 inch diameter and the entire device can stretch out to 42 inches for a nice search coverage. Very affordable device for under $100.
- Waterproof for beach and waterfront hunting
- Earphone jack for volume adjustment and clear hearing as well as a meter on the face of a very sensitive detection system
- 12 month warranty
- Shovel for digging treasures included
- Ideal for low budget beginner
- Construction is a bit flimsy
- Has a tendency to detect and alarm non metal objects
9. Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector
This is a device that would be great for beginners and old pros alike. Offering a very sensitive detection in even the roughest of terrain at great depths for hunting jewelry, coins, metals, relics and artifacts.
The Ace 250 also comes with a convenient instructional dvd for assembly and operating instructions. Mid range priced at over $200
- Simple assembly
- Pinpoint directional indicator telling the user exactly where to dig
- Adjustable to 8 levels of sensitivity for variable ground conditions
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Ideal for high budget experienced hunters
- The discrimination can alarm you to dig up garbage
- Settings can be difficult to get used to and takes some time to get to know well
8. Garrett ACE 200 Metal Detector
This device is tough and durable yet still lightweight and easy to operate. Including adjustable headphones, a waterproof coil and camlocks for an adjustable yet sturdy stem.
Ideal for beginners to old pros and priced just under $200 with a 2 year warranty that makes this a safe investment.
- Waterproof coil
- Adjustable stem with camlocks
- Headphones and batteries included
- Built with durability and strength for long term hunting
- Ideal for high budget hunters
- All though the coil is waterproof you have to be cautious not to let the head and face of the device to get wet or internal parts will malfunction
- Tends to signal alarm near salt water when no metals are present
7. Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector
If your looking for a beginners detector, specifically for a child then this is a very affordable choice for under $50 and a great way for a kid or complete beginner to get their feet wet in treasure hunting.
This small device will detect coin size metals up to 5 inches deep, has a waterproof closed coil and is rustproof. The age recommendation for this device is 6-12 and is very light weight making it comfortable for a smaller to child to carry and operate.
- Lightweight and small for a child
- Rust proof
- Discrimination eliminates signaling irons
- 1 year limited warranty
- Ideal for kids
- Detection signal depth is only about 5 inches and you tend to have to be right on top of the object to get a signal
- The construction is plastic and not very durable
6. Treasure Cove TC-9700 Fortune Finder Pro Metal Detector Kit
This is an intermediate to advanced detector that is newbie friendly as well. One of the great features of this device is the indicator will accurately tell exactly what it is detecting, a penny, nickel, quarter etc….
Comes with a great carrying bag and shovel scoop for digging your treasures. Built strong and ergonomically comfortable to use and even includes a convenient carrying bag with a headset for focused listening. Priced just over $150 makes this a great detector for the serious hunter.
- Waterproof search coil that can detect up to 8 inches deep
- Discriminates up to 8 metal types
- Preset ground balance that offsets mineral in the soil or salt water nearby
- 10 year warranty
- Ideal for mid budget beginner to more experienced hunters
- Cannot use directly in saltwater
- Headset could be better
5. Teknetics Delta 4000 Metal Detector
Another serious hunter device coming in just over $200 with a large LCD display that provides digital readout. Can detect up to a depth of 8 inches and is very user friendly with an adjustable length and weighs in at only 2.6 lbs making it very comfortable to carry and use for long periods of time which you will be able to do since the 9 volt battery lasts up to 25 hours.
- Highly sensitive detection system
- Great digital LCD readout display
- Long lasting battery life – 25 hours
- Ideal for high budget experienced hunters
- Discrimination settings can be a bit difficult to set up initially and learn
- No memory so the settings need to be reset every time you use the device
4. Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector
A unique detector that looks more like a flashlight than a standard armed metal detector. This device is ideal for the rough terrain and underwater treasure hunter. It is completely waterproof and can be used in water depth up to 10 feet deep.
Comes with a belt holster and an LED flashlight for low light usage. This is an ideal detector for beginners and comes in at just over $100. Turn a day at the beach into a treasure hunting adventure.
- Quick button press instantly tunes out environment or narrows detection field for precise pinpointing of larger targets
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Fully waterproof to 10 feet with orange color for added visibility underwater
- Ideal for mid budget hunters and beginner friendly
- Battery life could be longer
- Tends to shut down on it’s own at times
3. INTEY Metal Detector
A mid ranged detector for beginner to intermediate hunters, this device is very affordable at less than $100 and has a very simple to read display with the ability to use in all terrains. Pinpoint technology with minimal controls and knobs for simplicity.
High tech sensitivity allows you to pinpoint search and discriminate unwanted metals. The low battery light indicator warns the user when it’s time to recharge or replace the battery. Ideal for beginners or experienced users that are working with a lower budget.
- Low battery indicator – Red spotlight
- Big carry bag- Suitable for carrying metal detector and additional tools
- Multi-function folding shovel
- Battery backup- 2 battery bin
- Ideal for beginners and lower budgets
- Waterproof coil can tend to leak if saturated
- Discrimination could be better
2. Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector
This lightweight very affordable metal detector is ideal for the beginner or even children. At just over $50 this unit even comes with a headset. Can identify coins and metal varieties at up to 6 inches and sensitivity for larger metal objects at up to 20 inches deep.
This would be a nice unit for very low budget minded beginners wanting to try their first adventure at treasure hunting in the park or at the beach.
- Motion all-metal mode and trash elimination control help you find only the treasure you want
- The Gold Digger can be used anywhere to search for all kinds of valuable metal from gold coins to iron relics
- Lightweight at only 2.2 lbs
- Adjustable arm up to 45 inches
- Ideal for low budget beginners
- Headphones could be a little better
- Plastic housing could be more durable
- Signal can be weak at times
1. Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
This low priced detector is a good value at under $100. With discrimination and the ability to detect up to 6 metal varieties. Sensing coin sized objects up to 8 inches deep and larger metal objects up to 2 feet deep.
It provides a nice large 8 inch waterproof coil. This unit would be more ideal for the hobby hunter looking for an occasional adventure versus the professional hunters.
- Very affordable model
- Simple to use and understand controls and adjustments.
- Good sensitivity with decent depth detection
- Headphone jack with built in speaker
- Ideal for both beginners and experienced hunters looking for a mid priced value
- Display is a little small and can be hard to read
- A little heavy for kids or a smaller person coming in just under 5 pounds you may need a break after a while with this unit.
Which Metal Detector Should You Buy?
In summary these 10 detectors all provide you with good quality equipment at variable price points offering lower and higher levels of benefits and features. If I had to choose just one detector from the above list I would have to go with the Treasure Cove TC-9700 Fortune Finder Pro Metal Detector Kit.
All though it is a bit pricier than some of the others it is not that expensive coming in at under $200 it provides as many features and benefits as many detectors that are twice the cost. The convenient and handy carrying case makes this unit even more attractive.
If you want to see more details and information about the Treasure Cove , you can find out more here.
Remember there is no such thing as a perfect detector but hopefully the reviews above gave you a good idea for what you want out of your treasure hunting experience and the different levels of machines available to fit your needs. Happy treasure hunting!