When it comes to taking care of themselves and how they look, many men care about how they look as much as a lot of women do, some even more so.
Part of this self-care for men is ensuring that their face is always cleanly shaven. Before purchasing an electric shaver, there are quite a few important things that a man has to consider.
These are very important things that a man mustache and know about men’s electric shavers before they buy one for themselves. These things include the nature of the shaver, their skin type, the design and style of the shaver, and how comfortable it is. This type of shaver has a lot of benefits as well.
All of the many electric shavers on the market also have a lot of benefits and they include a faster shave, they cut down on the number of cuts and nicks you will get, they control stubble, and your shave is more up close and personal.
Your razor will also last longer, you can shave anywhere, they are versatile, and you will save money on the cost of buying disposable razors and shaving cream.
There is many men’s shaver out on the market. To help you decide what razor you may want to purchase, I am going to review the top 10 best men’s shaver on the market in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. Philips Norelco 6984 XL/41 Shaver 2100
- 9. Braun 3Series 340S- 4 Wet & Dry Shaver
- 8. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
- 7. Panasonic ES8103S Men’s Electric Shaver
- 6. Philips Norelco Shaver 4100
- 5. Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100
- 4. Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
- 3. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
- 2. Braun Series 790 cc Cordless Electric Foil Shaver
- 1. Remington MS2-390 Shaver
- Which Men’s Shaver Should You Buy?
10. Philips Norelco 6984 XL/41 Shaver 2100
This shaver will give you a close and easy shave and it is very cost-effective. It has a Flex and Float system, that, combined with the Close Cut technology, will ensure that every time we shave with it, that we will get a close and quick shave. This shaver has quite a few benefits and features.
This shaver has a lot of benefits and features. The pop-up trimmer will allow you to touch-up the back of your neck. The Close Cut Heads have durable blades that sharpen themselves.
You will also get thirty-five minutes of a cordless shave and it takes eight hours to charge. It also has a hair collector chamber with a cleaning brush and a light that tells when it is charged.
- It provides a smooth and quiet shave.
- The hair trimmer in the back will help you shave your sideburns and trim your ear hair.
- When we use this shaver, we will not get any razor burn.
- It is not decided for thicker hair.
- It does not provide a close shave.
9. Braun 3Series 340S- 4 Wet & Dry Shaver
The Braun 3Series shaver has Sensofoil Technology that has an optimized foil that will help you cut your hair more effectively to ensure that you have a close shave.
A triple action cutting has three special cutting elements that will shave long hair just as good as it would shave short hair and it has a wonderful trimmer designed just for long hair.
When we need to trim our sideburns, beards, and mustaches, the precision long hair trimmer will come in handy. This shaver is also totally waterproof and fully washable. With the fully sealed body, it can be used with a shaving cream or gel in the shower and it has an LED battery charging light.
The Led light will let you know how charged your shaver’s battery is and tell you the charging status. It also has a rechargeable battery that is powerful NI-MH that will not suffer the effects of being charged often.
It comes with the shaver, a cleaning brush, and a smart plug. This shaver has quite a few benefits and a couple of cons also.
- It will provide you with a close shave.
- This shaver is quiet.
- It will let you use it daily for a week without charging it.
- It is not meant for people that have thicker hair or sensitive skin.
- The shaving head does not hold hair. They fall all over the place instead.
8. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
WIth all the great features of this shaver, we will get a quick shave that is just as good as what they do in barber shops. It has a pivot and flex technology that lets the shaver foil flex all by itself.
This means that it will adjust perfectly to the curved surface of any face so that any of you can use it. It also has surgical steel blades.
The surgical steel blades of this shaver are will provide you with a clean and close shave. All that we need to do when we are done shaving is rinse it off with water.
The pop-up detail trimmer will trim thick hair, sideburns, and facial hair fast and with no problems and the battery has a pretty long battery life.
The battery lasts 60 minutes and the LED light lets you know how much battery life is left. This shaver also has benefits and downfalls.
- It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.
- This shaver is very durable.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is not easy to hold.
- It literally gets “too hot to handle” before you are done shaving and you have to stop shaving because it gets too hot.
7. Panasonic ES8103S Men’s Electric Shaver
This wet/dry shaver has Nanotech Blades to provide all of you that use it with a close and precise shave. The Arc Foil conforms smoothly to the contours of the face, chin, and neck to give you the most comfortable shaving experience.
The linear motor keeps on going so we can have a quick, clean, and even shave every time we use it. This shaver can also be used in or out of the shower.
You and I can use this shaver to get a close and gentle shave in or out of the shower and the pop-trimmer is just right for trimming sideburns, beards, and mustaches. The ten-stage LCD that you can find in the handle of the shaver tells you how charged the battery is, when the shaver needs a cleaning, and when we need to replace the blades and the foil.
We will have no trouble cleaning it either. All we need to do to remove the hair out of it is rinse it with water. For when we need to travel with it, it comes with an AC adaptor/charger, a travel pouch, and universal voltage.
- It charges quickly.
- It is gentle enough to even trim women’s hair.
- It has a long battery life.
- It is not designed to trim long hair.
- It does not stay in its charger very well.
6. Philips Norelco Shaver 4100
When you use this shaver, you will get a powerful wet or dry shave that will not hurt your skin.The Flex and Float System follow the contours of your face to ensure that you have a close and quick shave.
By using this shaver, we also get the benefit of the Skin Protection System that limits how irritated our skin gets when we use this shaver. It also a pop-up trimmer for those of us that have sideburns and mustaches.
The Lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides 50 minutes of cordless shaving after a one-hour charge with a three-minute quick charge. We will also benefit from the 45-day risk-free trial and the full two-year warranty.
It is best to replace the heads every two years. This shaver comes with a protection cap, a power cord, and a cleaning brush.
- It has a quiet motor.
- It is lightweight and easy-to-use.
- It does a good job of trimming long hairs.
- It stops working with no warning.
- It pulls on the skin.
5. Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100
This shaver will provide you with a comfortable shave with very little skin irritation. The ComfortCut heads have rounded edges that will give you a close shave also. The Flex and Float System adheres to the contours of your face and it catches more hairs which gives you a clean and fast shave.
When we need to trim our mustaches and sideburns, we can use the pop-up trimmer. It also has a Lithium Ion battery that we can shave without the cord for 40 minutes after we charge it for eight hours.
To clean it, all we need to do is rinse it out under running water It also comes with a 45-day risk-free guarantee and a full two-year warranty.
The shaving heads need to be replaced every year and it comes with a protective cap, power cord, and cleaning brush.
- It has a quiet motor.
- You will get a close shave with no pulling.
- It has a nice color scheme.
- It irritates skin.
- The replacement blades cost more than buying a new shaver.
4. Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
The sensotouch that is one of the features of this shaver combine 2D gyro flex and skin glide to give you a close and comfortable shave.
We will love the smooth and flat surface that has rounded edges that will give you and I an extra-close shave without irritating your skin much. It comes with a protective cap, power cord, cleaning brush, charging stand, and instruction book.
- Your skin will feel great after you are done shaving even without using aftershave.
- The beard trimmer attachment works great.
- It has a light that alerts you when the battery is getting low on power
- The razor head is so large that does not fit in tight places to shave certain places like the chin.
- It does not come with a carrying/travel case.
3. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
This shaver will provide you with a clean, quick, and close shave that the ultra-sharp stainless steel Nanotech blades give us. It also has a flexible pivoting head to guide the foil and blades effortlessly along the skin for the highest amount of comfort.
The pop-up trimmer is ideal for trimming beards, mustaches, and sideburns. Since it is fully waterproof, you can either use it with foam or gel in the shower or use it dry.
A 10-stage LED shows you how much power is left in the battery, how charged the battery is, and it will also remind you when it is time to change the blades and foils.
To remove the hairs and shave gel in it, all you need to do is rinse it off with water and the razors sonic vibrations will get rid of the hairs and shave gel that is hard to get out.
If you need to shave away from your home, this shaver comes with universal voltage, and AC adaptor/charger, and a travel carrying case.
- It will not cut you or give you razor burn.
- It provides a very quick shave.
- The replacement blades are inexpensive.
- It does not stay charged for long.
- The hairs get all over the place while you are shaving.
2. Braun Series 790 cc Cordless Electric Foil Shaver
This shaver is the only one in the world with intelligent Sonic technology that increases the power this shaver puts out when it has to shave areas that are hard to shave. It gets its power from a Lithium-Ion battery.
It is a lot more gentle and efficient than a rotary razor and it will contour to the curves of your face with it’s flexible blades on a fully pivoting head for maximum coverage. Since it requires less pressure and strokes, you will get a very smooth shave without any skin irritation.
This shaver also comes with a Clean and Charge Station, which is the world’s only 5-action alcohol-based system that hygienically cleans, charges, and lubricates the blades and the shaver.These shavers are tested by engineers and it comes with a full seven-year guarantee.
- Even the older blades do a good job of shaving.
- It does a quick shave, even when it comes to getting rid of stubble.
- It does not pull or tug at your skin.
- The cleaning mode does not work.
- The blades and the shaver itself are not covered as part of the “full warranty.”
1. Remington MS2-390 Shaver
This shaver has two titanium microscreens with Comfortech contour technology. It also has a Clean Shave washable design and a surface that is easy to hold onto.
The pop-up trimmer has three different positions that allow for you to get a precise shave every time you shave with it and it will cut hard to trim hairs as well. This shaver is rechargeable and it has a charging indicator light.
It has a one-hour quick charge and is compatible with worldwide voltage. When it is fully charged, you will be able to shave with it for one hour. It comes with a deluxe travel pouch and a cleaning brush. It also comes with a 30-day manufacturer guarantee.
- You can leave it plugged in while charging and it will not overcharge.
- The whisker trimmer works very well.
- It only needs 24 hours to recharge the battery.
- It is very loud.
- It takes a long time to get a clean shave.
Which Men’s Shaver Should You Buy?
After reviewing all of these excellent men’s shavers, I think that the Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor is the best one of them all. It will give you a quick, comfortable, and close shave.
The other features I like are that it is fully waterproof and that it has an LED light that tells the battery power level, when it is done charging, and when it is time to change the blades and the foils.
You can easily clean it with a little water and the travel pouch, universal voltage, and the AC adaptor/charge make it easy to transport this shaver. With all of these great features, why would you not want to purchase this shaver?
This Panasonic shaver is perfect and you will love your shaving experience so much that you will never want to own another shaver ever.