If you are someone who would have guests quite often at your place, having a meat slicer could be of great assistance. This kitchen utensil could be a one-stop for you to eliminate all the hassles related to cutting meat at home.
Even though it could cost you a few bucks, getting the right meat slicer could be worth every penny spent.
Let us explore some of the things you need to keep in mind before purchasing one.
Do not pay a lot of attention in considering to spend around 100 bucks for a meat slicer. Alternatively, if you do not have one at home, you could end up paying more for sliced meat at any grocery store. It could just be a one-time investment to save more in the long run.
A meat slicer which could be easy to clean should definitely be given a priority while you buy one. Because they come with blades, you would certainly want to go with a slicer that could easily be dismantled.
Blade size is another factor to keep in mind before putting your money out there. Even though the slicers come in varying sizes, a 10-inch slicer is the most common choice among households.
If you are very particular about the size of the meat, then you need to incorporate the slicer’s thickness plate in your checklist. There are varying options depending on how thin or thick you want the meat to be.
Last but not the least, read through the reviews before deciding on the product. They come from people who have used the slicers in real time and who knows, you could get the best product for an efficient price.
By now, you must be having a certain degree of an idea about choosing the right meat slicer. Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best meat slicers on the market in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. Gourmia GFS-700 Counterman Electric Meat Slicer
- 9. Della 8.7 Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
- 8. Kitchener 9-inch Electric Food Slicer
- 7. ARKSEN Electric Meat Slicer
- 6. Weston Heavy Duty Food 9-Inch Slicer
- 5. Chef’sChoice 610 Electric Food Slicer
- 4. Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
- 3. Nesco FS-250 180-watt Food Slicer
- 2. Elite Gourmet EMT-503B Maxi-Matic Electric Food Slicer
- 1. Chef’s Choice Food Slicer
- Which Meat Slicer Should You Buy?
10. Gourmia GFS-700 Counterman Electric Meat Slicer
This meat slicer is equipped with supreme quality of steel coating and is known to produce consistent cuts. It comes with a 7.5”high-quality blade for an unmatched performance.
It weighs about a pound and could be considered as an affordable product in its category. There are free shipping options available.
- Reviewed by a lot of people indicating its popularity when it comes to usage.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Very adjustable product to get slicing you need.
- If you need faster cuts, then it takes up higher current.
- Some customers reported physical damage to the product within few minutes of usage.
9. Della 8.7 Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
The blade is made up of steel and the diameter of the blade is 8.7 inches. The dimensions of the item are 17*9.5*11.5 inches and the item weighs about 12 pounds.
About 75% of the customers have rated it either a 4 or a 5 on Amazon. The drive gears on this meat slicer are made up of plastic.
- It comes with a high-quality blade.
- Very easy to clean.
- A lot of customers viewed it as a product worth purchase.
- Not a great product if you want to cut thin slices.
- When customers had issues, manual wasn’t descriptive about the contact information.
8. Kitchener 9-inch Electric Food Slicer
It is a slicer colored product which weighs over 14 pounds. It comes with a blade made of supreme stainless steel for a greater performance. The product could be used to cut both thick as well as thin foods.
It also comes with high-quality steel coating. International shipping options are not available for the product.
- Almost 80% of the customers have given a 4 or a 5 rating on Amazon.
- Easy to clean and could be a great gift item for parents.
- A user-friendly product to operate.
- Few customers had issues with the slicer’s motor.
- It could be dangerous to use without the handle.
7. ARKSEN Electric Meat Slicer
This silver colored meat slicer could be a great product for not only cutting meat but also vegetables. It comes with a designed base for high precision slicing and adjustable thickness.
The diameter of the blade is 7.5” and the maximum slice thickness is 5/8”. The power rating is 180 watts and there is a 470 RPM mechanism in the meat slicer.
- Almost 8 out of 10 customers have given reviewed it as an almost perfect product.
- Very easy to carry.
- An affordable product in its category.
- Not a very efficient product if you are looking for ultra-thin slicing.
- Customers reported issues with the tray and slicer’s motor.
6. Weston Heavy Duty Food 9-Inch Slicer
If you want a product that could slice turkey breast, steaks or any kind of meat, then you are certainly considering the right product.
It comes with a premium stainless steel which prevents it from rusting and it is also a product which is very easy to clean. It weighs over 12 pounds and can only be shipped within the United States.
- Comes with a larger blade efficient enough to cut smoked meats.
- Great product for faster cuts.
- It does not load the motor during its operation.
- About 20% of the customers gave only a 1 out of 5 rating on Amazon.
- Product tends to wear away quickly.
5. Chef’sChoice 610 Electric Food Slicer
A multi-purpose meat slicer that not only comes with high-end stainless steel slicer but also a high torque motor. It is an easy to clean product and weighs about 11.3 pounds.
It comes with a serrated blade and if you are looking for a non-serrated one, it comes as a separate option. It also comes with a safety fuse and also a year of limited warranty.
- A product categorized under Amazon’s choice.
- Almost 90% of the customers gave it either a 4 or 5 on Amazon.
- Very well suited for home usage.
- Could not be considered as a professional slicer.
- Few customers had concerns about the durability of the product.
4. Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
For the stable mode of operation, this slicer comes with a non-slip feet feature. It comes in gray color and also high-end steel coating.
It weighs about 11 pounds and the dimensions of the item are 18.25*10.88*11.2 inches. If you are a chef, this could be a very handy product.
- The parts are detachable for easier cleanup.
- An inexpensive product in its category.
- Manual comes with clear and concise instructions.
- About 25% of the customers have either given a 1 or a 2 out of 5 rating on Amazon.
- The blade tends to be slower and the motor has low torque.
3. Nesco FS-250 180-watt Food Slicer
The stainless color meat slicer comes with a 180-watt motor and voltage levels of 120 volts. There are free shipping options available for the product and it weighs about 13 pounds.
It could be considered as an expensive product in its category and the shipping weight is about 14.3 pounds.
- It comes with a dual safety feature.
- About 4/5th of the customers have rated an almost perfect score for the product on Amazon.
- The blade is adjustable for different meat widths.
- Not a product you want to use at professional restaurants.
- The slider isn’t very smooth.
2. Elite Gourmet EMT-503B Maxi-Matic Electric Food Slicer
If you are looking for a multi-purpose meat slicer, then this one could be an ideal choice. It comes with an on/off switch and could be considered as an inexpensive product in its category. The slicer comes in black color and the dimensions of the item are 9*11*15 inches.
- A high precision slicer to cut meat, salamis or vegetables.
- It comes with rubber feet that ensure higher levels of stability.
- An easy to clean product.
- About 20% of the customers have rated it either a 1 or a 2 out of 5 on Amazon.
- Not a great product if you are looking for even cuts.
1. Chef’s Choice Food Slicer
An aluminum colored meat slicer, it weighs about 10 pounds. The dimensions of the item are 11*15*11 inches and if you are considering buying a rugged slicer for slices of bread and hams, it could just be your perfect choice. It is not a very bulky product and comes with a serrated blade.
- It is a product categorized under Amazon’s choice.
- It has a large number of reviews thereby citing its popularity among consumers.
- Almost 90% of the customers have rated it almost perfect on Amazon.
- Few customers reported wear and tear after initial usage.
- Some of the customers have issues reaching out to manufacturers while being under warranty.
Which Meat Slicer Should You Buy?
Even though it is such a difficult choice when you have so many amazing options as listed above, my favorite pick would be the Chef’sChoice 610 Electric Food Slicer.
Not only because it has about 140 questions answered for the product which could give customers a greater insight into it’s specifications and performance, this slicer is the top pick for its top-notch customer service.
There are so many people who wrote satisfying reviews about the product and even though it is around $100, it could well be a slicer worth purchasing.
Considering the pros and cons of each product, it wouldn’t be surprising if you get confused about choosing just the best one for your home.
Although the above information could be extremely handy, do your own research to finalize the one that suits your needs and satisfies your budget. At the end of the day, it is all about enjoying the food with your loved ones.