Imagine another trip to the supermarket. You’ve been doing the same things for years, and you probably know the layout of this store like the back of your hand.
You meander around, grabbing items probably fit to accompany the main course, as you cross your arms and probably begin to shiver as you’re nearing upon the infamous meat section.
Typically there is what is considered the ‘fresh meat’ potentially neatly wrapped with little to no blood or other unknown secretion on the outside of the packet. Your ‘meat’ will usually be bright red, and pumped full of additives although it is not uncommon to stumble upon brown, slightly green or even grey meat.
It claims to be a specific cut off of a certain animal, however your gut instinct tells you otherwise. Nonetheless, it ends up in the basket, strewn upon its side dishes without a care in the world.
However, now imagine a life where you make a trip to the butcher, and your meat is picked out by hand, wrapped and weighed for you. There is no cellophane and no, the additives are not included. After you get that meat you take it home and cut it up, placing it in your grinder.
By doing this it provides a whole new experience. Whether you dabble in culinary arts or you’re simply cooking for friends and family, this is the perfect way to enhance your meat experience.
Versus meat you cannot identify, or simply goes bad too quickly after purchase, you can control exactly what meat and how much of it goes into each one of your meals.
We’ve reviewed the top 10 best meat grinders on the market in 2019.
Table of Contents
- 10. NoPro Meat Grinder and Pasta Maker
- 9. STX International Model STX-3000-TF Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder
- 8. Weston #10 Manual Tinned Grinder and Sausage Stuffer
- 7. SunMile SM-G31 Electric Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer
- 6. Waring MG-105 Professional Meat Grinder
- 5. Kitchen Basic’s 3-In-1 Meat Grinder and Vegetable Grinder
- 4. STX International Megaforce Patented Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder
- 3. SunMile SM-G35 ETL Luxury Red Electric Meat Grinder
- 2. LEM Products #10 Steel Clamp on Hand Grinder
- 1. Gideon Hand Crank Manual Meat Grinder
- Which Meat Grinder Should You Buy?
10. NoPro Meat Grinder and Pasta Maker
A small and convenient sized grinder, perfect for beginners and occasional use. Has the ability to suction lock onto a surface which then prevents it from slipping. It is easy to clean and it is one of the most reasonably priced yet good quality grinders.
It has two meat screens, one coarse and one fine; in addition to five pasta attachments. It also has a sausage funnel for the adventurous ones. This is the exceptional addition to the kitchen that you won’t be able to do without once you get it.
- This grinder is very reasonably priced.
- It is incredibly easy to use.
- It is not simply for meat but advertised as being for vegetables, nuts and pasta.
- Some have reported that it is difficult to physically grind certain cuts of meat, and that fat can get stuck in the blade.
- The grinder is plastic, so although not preferred to stainless steel or iron it is sufficient.
9. STX International Model STX-3000-TF Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder
This 1,800 watt grinder is perfect not only for a large family, possibly even a small restaurant. This grinder goes above all in challenging the amount of meat it can grind at a time. The aluminum pieces make clean up a breeze and the machine is electric so when you’re dealing with large batches of meat it’s a lot quicker of an experience.
In addition to three grinding plates and three cutting blades, upon purchase you’ll also receive three sausage tubes and a Kubbe attachment.
- This grinder is electric.
- You can do large amounts of meat at a time.
- It has a powerful motor so meat is easier and usually better quality ground.
- You must be careful with cleaning the parts so that they do not change color or shrink.
- Although powerful, this motor is not capable of grinding bones which may be of dismay to raw dog food makers.
8. Weston #10 Manual Tinned Grinder and Sausage Stuffer
Coming in several different sizes this incredibly easy to use hand grinder clamps onto your countertop. It uses non-damaging rubber grips and you crank-grind your meat by hand, This is a cast iron grinder which is renowned for its durability s long as it is taken care of correctly, and also for its appearance.
However this is still a lightweight appliance for the kitchen. This will give you the rustic feeling just how Grandma would be grinding meat for meals, This hand grinder starts at 27.95 for the #10 size. It has a 4.5mm and a 10mm plate, in addition to three sausage funnels.
- Made of a cast iron material, which is easy to clean and durable.
- Clamps onto your countertop and doesn’t take up a great deal of space.
- Comes in several different sizes, from #8 to #32.
- There are less attachments than some of the other models.
- The tin coating is not as popular with everyone, it takes away from the cast iron and causes health concerns.
7. SunMile SM-G31 Electric Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer
This bad boy claims to have the ability to grind up to one hundred and fifty pounds an hour. It has a large tray for the meat and it is most certainly a heavy duty machine. This may not necessarily be the best choice for a beginner, as it requires a good deal of upkeep to keep the machine in perfect condition, it is great for home usage.
You can grind many different types of meat with its three grinding plates in addition to its three sausage tubes. This machine also has other optional attachments like a juicer and a grater available for purchase.
- Powerful motor for quick and efficient grinding of large batches.
- A majority of the pieces disassemble to make clean up quick and easy,
- A sturdy and secure assembly ensures no juices or meat trickle into the machine, clog it.
- Although it claims to be able to grind up to one hundred and fifty pounds of meat an hour, this is the perfect grinder for a household not a high-volume kitchen.
- Has a 250 watt motor which is not quite as powerful as others, however it is perfect for household needs.
6. Waring MG-105 Professional Meat Grinder
Similarly to a few other models, this one has a convenient on/off switch and a reverse feature to make operating the grinder a breeze. It has a fine, medium and a coarse plate; but this one only contains two of the sausage attachments.
This product weighs in at 8.7 pounds and it costs 41.52 on Amazon, new. This machine also comes with a five year warranty to ensure any issues caused by malfunctioning will be repaired, thus putting buyers minds at rest! Customers have reported this machine is durable, and holds up to grinding multiple pounds of meat over a short amount of time.
- Easy to operate.
- Long warranty on the machine just in case anything were to happen.
- Looks professional, as the name entails.
- A customer reported that this one can be a little tricky to assemble if the directions are not followed correctly, be sure to look those over.
- Like most, if this machine is washed using a dishwasher it will strip the outer casing which will leave a very unattractive aftermath.
5. Kitchen Basic’s 3-In-1 Meat Grinder and Vegetable Grinder
This grinder is the perfect centerpiece for the kitchen. What a perfect way to impress friends and family by preparing freshly ground meats for them, potentially even demonstrating how easily it can be done by using this grinder.
It comes in a sleek white design and the opportunities for it do not stop there, you can even make homemade puréed food for babies for for elderly companions on restricted diets. Pasta and sausages are a given however the possibilities are endless.
This is lightweight at 2.1 pounds and comes in a sleek white design. It’s a great way to naturally make your own meat mixtures and look good doing it too.
- It is dishwasher safe unlike a lot of the meat grinders out there which is great for people who are in any way concerned other means of cleaning won’t be effective enough.
- It is incredibly easy to use, no heavy machinery just a hand crank. In addition to that it is an incredibly easy process to assemble and it is easy to safe space with this little machine.
- You can only do a little bit at a time due to the size, although many customers claim that it is a much more efficient product in the long run.
- If not using a dishwasher to clean this plastic unit, you may run into issues where meat gets stuck in tiny grooves. This just means a little big longer on the clean up time!
4. STX International Megaforce Patented Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder
This grinder has the neat feature of a cooling system which is said to double the life of the grinder working almost like a computer fan does to keep the motor from overheating as you work toiling over your ground wares.
One customer reported she ground over 20 pounds of meat, and she had stellar results, It is easy to take the front piece off and clean out any loose pieces.
- Cooling feature ensures the motor will not burn out.
- Heavy duty, industrial grinder for large amounts of meat on a regular basis.
- Has a #12 size grinding head.
- Does not grind bones as stated in the description and is also reported to have trouble grinding onions and other raw vegetables.
- Has been reported in some cases that the chute does not fit entirely straight on its casing.
3. SunMile SM-G35 ETL Luxury Red Electric Meat Grinder
This grinder can also perform up to 150 pounds an hour. One customer reported doing an entire deer in just an hour.
This has a stainless steel casing which supplements the durability and it also comes in a sheer red color which will stand out and pop in your kitchen.
- Stainless steel casing which is not only attractive, but durable.
- It is a powerful machine that can do up to 150 pounds an hour.
- Has a simple on/off switch to make operation simple.
- Some reported that the knife was not as sharp.
- Some customers may not want the color redesign the focal point of their kitchen.
2. LEM Products #10 Steel Clamp on Hand Grinder
A step up from the last hand grinder, also by LEM this stainless steel grinder offers an ease of access and that same nostalgic feeling as before, but this time working with a much better quality.
It can clamp onto almost any countertop or table it is durable, and also rust resistant.
- Stainless Steel makes this a durable, and easy to clean and care for option.
- It weighs 8 pounds which makes it easy to use and store and clamping on and off nearly any surface makes it easy to adjust.
- Many customers describe this grinder as perfect for their needs be it high or low volume.
- Occasionally, some customers have reported slight issues with the manufacturing of the structure, sometimes it does not grip correctly, etc.
- Another customer with a similar issue reported that they had to grind onto a plate, then into a bowl due to how it clamped on. Small price to pay for a good grinder though!
1. Gideon Hand Crank Manual Meat Grinder
If you are looking to grind large amounts of meat with ease look no further. Be it raw dog food, restaurant volume meat production or even as the description on this grinder says 1-2 deer a year; this grinder will deliver.
It has a tube which allows you to push meat into the grinder and it has a large tray to fit all of the said meat. Clean up is easy, you simply disassemble the machine and wash the parts under hot water then dry.
This is the perfect machine if you do not simply want to make your own meat for at home consumption but are considering potentially placing your prepared game up for sale. It goes both forwards and reverse and it weighs 10.9 pounds.
- Perfect for high-volume production, either in a restaurant or for hunters.
- Has a forwards, and reverse feature as well as two grinding plates.
- Is quite easy to assemble and reassemble.
- Is more towards the high volume side so a beginner may not feel the use for this, however it is still a great gift for someone who can appreciate the quality.
- Can be pretty loud due to it’s power and size.
Which Meat Grinder Should You Buy?
All in all, we have surveyed many meat grinders in this article. We have narrowed down that the LEM grinder is the best quality judging by its impeccable reviews and its features.
This shows us that it does not matter what your culinary level is, if you are dedicated to doing the research on preparing and taking care of your machine, you will be able to use this machine to achieve all of your hopes and dreams.